2005 Nissan Armada

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2004 - 2014 models.

Affordable, powerful, reliable, BUT UNCOMFORTABLE

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, loud, and fun to floor it."

Cons: "Uncomfortable"

"Feels like a tank. A lot of space in cabin but tiny trunk. Uncomfortable though, feels like your sitting in a rock"

Owned for 10 years. Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room for family. Dependable"

Cons: "Nothing we didn't like."

"Best vehicle ever. Very dependable! Never in shop in 10 years. Only routine maintenance. Fuel mileage could be better. 16-17 highway. 12-13 town."

I love my car!!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

"Has great roomy interior. It's large but still easy to handle. I can haul big stuff or bunches of kids - just what I wanted!"

Nice Auto

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

"Great For A Family"

my blackhawk platinum

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "engine,roomy interior,smooth ride,looks"

Cons: "gas milage, read about that b4 i got it,am good ."

"I bought this 2011 black platinum armada in early January of this year. After totaling my beloved 2000 Tahoe LT original owner of the lot with 7 miles ,220k when it was totaled. I set out to get another Tahoe (being a die hard GM man)but I stumbled onto a titanium armada test drove it and I decided to do further research on this beast ,I liked what I read ,and after it was said and done I stepped up and drove out with a platinum. Now folks! I've had this beast for a few months now, it did exceptionally well this past winter with all the snow, the ride is very comfortable, cabin is roomy its amenities will spoil you. Nothing but elegance inside this beast, THIS truck is Powerful ,sexy ,fun and ready."

Still going strong

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "great price, great at towing, lots of room"

"I have a 2006 and have almost 240,000 miles. I've had the vehicle for 3 years and I put most of the miles on it. Love the interior space and towing abilities. My grandkid loves the DVD in it and my daughter thinks she needs to inherit it when I do upgrade. I have had only minor problems with it so far (knock on wood) and spent less than $100 total to fix. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

A "Buy American" Guy on the Dark Side...

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Power. Class. Space. Luxury."

Cons: "Needs more gas than the Space Shuttle!"

"I'm a "Buy American" guy through and through. Well I defied conventional wisdom and reluctantly bought my 2013 Armada per wife's demand. I absolutely love it. Power. Class. Space. Luxury. "Truckamoto" has it. It's a Japanese Sumo in American disguise. Fuel Consumption is worse than Adam Sandler's acting career, but if you don't know that before buying one, then it's your fault if you're whining about it."

i so enjoy this car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"i have run in town errands, traveled, towed,and loaded it down on the inside like a pickup with all the seats down. it is so roomy and comfortable. i am talking myself out of selling it. my Armada is the most versitile and comfortable car yet. perfect. the four wheel drive is a better drive than some four wheel drives and it has a lower center of gravity than most large SUV. yep, i think i'll keep it."

great value for the money

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

"the only thing I wish was different.... on occasion, I'd like more storage space in the rear with all 3 rows in use."

Less than $4000 in lifetime repairs.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Mileage. 16-17 on the highway tops."

"Less than $4000 in lifetime repairs. Bought the car new in the fall of 2005. It has towed a 30 foot camper through the mountains many times."

Pleased for the most part, but...

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, smooth ride, comfy seats"

Cons: "wind noise, no AUX port"

"In 2012 I purchased a preowned 2011 Armada SV & LOVED it. The one I purchased had a lot of miles on it & I decided since I loved it so much, it was time to upgrade. I traded it in for a 2013 Armada SL. There are two major complaints I do have...#1 at just 2700 miles my check engine light came on. Took it in & they said the O2 sensor needs to be replaced. I wasn't too happy that my brand new car need to go in the shop already. #2 Is the wind noise. I noticed it in my precious armada but not as much as I do now. I've actually got an appointment next week at the dealership to check it out & see it the seal around my driver door is messed up because the noise is significatly louder there & the door rattles when I hit a bump. One other thing I'm dissapointed in is that there is no place to plug in an auxillary cord to listen to my iphone. There is a USB port to plug in an ipod, but not an iphone where I can listen to Pandora or internet radio like I could in my 2011. So, for the most part yes, I do love my new car, but I do have a few dissapointments that hopefully were just minor hiccups that will be resolved soon."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"The best vehical Ihave ever owned. My previous vehical was a Toyota 4 Runner, which was a great ride. It was a 2000 I liked it but it was the model year before 4 Runner were enlarged, the interior was just too tight, I always felt crowded. The Armada is big, my wife loves it says she always feel safe in it. It pulls my 18 foot bow rider or utility trailer like they are not there. I usually trade ever 3or4 years, but cannot justify spending in excess of 40K just to have a newer model, when BIG RED has served very well."

My favorite full-sized SUV, will buy again!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Great value, safe and reliable, roomy"

Cons: "MPG, higher maintanence costs"

"This is our current family SUV and we LOVE it. We had previously driven a Ford Explorer and a Chevy Tahoe. We had thoroughly shopped around dealerships comparing prices and features between various makes and models, and I've never liked anything better than my Armada. We have the 8 passenger model which has been great for our family of 6 (and large furry friend)! Obviously the MPG aren't the greatest, but you don't buy an SUV if you're worried about fuel efficiency but on road-trips I've gotten up to 24mpg which is awesome. The interior is roomy and practical and it drives great. Great acceleration, good stopping capabilities, and a very stable ride - I feel very safe and the 4WD/AWD is an amazing feature. Currently there is 212,000 miles on our odometer and it's still running great, I've never had any major issues mechanical or otherwise. We are currently shopping around for a newer SUV with less miles and plan to upgrade to a newer Armada."

Disappointing from previous models

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Lots of power. Very comfortable ride front & back"

Cons: "New model with fewer aminities?"

"I was dissappointed in a few ammentities that were absent from this model that were on previous models. 1. The Music Box was gone and replaced with an access port for an ipod with a single disc player. There used to be an active port for a cigarette charger (that stayed on even when the car was off) and there was a normal 110 outlet in the console that has also been removed. You would think with the top of the line model that they would have kept up with some of the other makers and added a cooled seat option. There should be more control of the rear dvd players up front. For the most part the vehicle drives great. It is a smooth ride with great control and a heafty amount of power under the hood. The back seats comfort level are supreme with plenty of leg room. Adequate bose stereo and navigation system. Good iphone5 control and the microphone works well per those I've called."

This is the greatest vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

"I picked up a 2004 Nissan Parthfinder Armada in June of 2013. My wife and I absolutely love it despite its shortcoming. We both agree that for her if it had the trunk space of an Expedition XL or Suburban she would have no complaints. Well I love this Suv from the outside in it's distinctive style curves and humps remind me of a MC Hammer song pumps and bumps for real and not for play. My buddy calls it a Rhino being a big guy (about 6'5 470lb.) I thought that I tould not be able to fit comfortably after having attempted to sit in all large SUV and while they had more room none of them were as comfortable height wise as the Armada. The width of the seats are a moderate issue as the seatbelt latch can dig into my right hip and the need to reposition while driving becomes a real headache. I suffer from chronic big guy automotive disorder love sports cars can't fit in any sports car I can afford. So the amazing 5.6 V8 and the response to my accelerator is absolutely amazing after 5 years of a ford freestar (oddly the same year as my Armada) this thing is a beast it gets up it goes it slows as if it were a vehicle half it's size. It has plenty of room storage space and on the freeway the gas mileage is better than the vans. Quarter of a tank from Las Vegas to St. George Utah, compared to a half tank for the mini van granted larger tank on the Armada, but whoa in four wheel drive this thing just claws up inclines and glides safely down declines. I would definitely advise anyone looking for a unique sporty and fun to drive SUV to hit up the Nissan Armada.."

Best SUV ever!

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

"This SUV is so good for families and towing and just in and around town. I will recommend this car to too big families with four or five kids. Over all this car is fantastic!"

What a SUV!!!!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

"I bought my first Armada in 2008 and had it for 5 year withouta problem. Only had to do oil changes and tires. Traded that one for a 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Great car fora big family. Most people don't like the gas milage but I don't really care about that."

LOVE MY ARMADA

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "RIDE, DEPENDABILITY,"

Cons: "DRIVERS VISION, NEEDS TO BE MORE QUIET"

"BOUGHT NEW. ALMOST PERFECT. DRIVERS VISION SHOULD BE IMPROVED. COULD HAVE A MORE "QUIET" RIDE. LOVE THE TOW PACKAGE. A JOY TO DRIVE HAS NOT LET ME DOWN YET. I DO KEEP UP WITH THE MAINT. DID PUT IN A NEW BATTERY THIS YEAR. IF I SCALE DOWN IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF GAS PRICES ONLY. I LOVE MY ARMADA."

Awesome SUV

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "powerful V8 for a 2004"

Cons: "the gas mileage, otherwise none whatsoever."

"I bought my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada new with only 12 miles on it in 2004. It now has over 168k miles on it and is still running strong! Did all the recommended services and the truck has not let me down. I do alot of highway driving (to Las Vegas) and I love the way it handles going up the hills. The V8 really kicks in fast, no lagging. Has been good to me and a lot of room for my 2 dogs (Rottweilers)."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Size, Power, Safety, 3rd Row fits Adults, Fun"

Cons: "MPG!!!"

"I just purchased an 08 Armada couple weeks ago and love it. Did plenty of research on other vehicles before my purchase and decided to pursue the Armada. Its huge, roomy, and just feel safe in it. I have a newborn so safety and room were my selling points. Oh and this thing has plenty of power however that power eats gas so its not excellent on gas economy but I knew that before purchasing. If MPG is important to you, then you may need to look elsewhere. Also with the SUV high off the ground, much of the maintenance can be done yourself (oil, transmission, etc). Other than that I totally recommend the Armada."

This SUV offers both quality an safety!!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "safety, comfort, powerful"

Cons: "fuel usage"

"Bought our 2006 in 2009 and still have it with no intent to sell it. This SUV is the safest vehicle I have ever owned. It is not that great on gas but the comfort and safety it offers are well worth a little extra fuel cost and I should mention that if you are light on the gas pedal it is not so bad. I have used this vehicle for work everyday as well as on long trips. My husband loves it for its power. We have pulled a 33 foot camper weighing in at 8000lbs all over the East Coast and barely knew it was there all while carrying 7 passengers. I'm not sure about other vehicles in the same class but I am satisfied with this one enough that I really have no interest in finding out. My kids are safe when in this vehicle and to me that's enough to make me recommend it to anyone!"

Very Pleased

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride and roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I was not in the market for a SUV, I just wanted to get rid of my old car and negative equity. Dealership had this on sale and $7k in cashback offers so I bought it! BEST decision...I love this vehicle...I'm a single father with daughter that does competitive chearleading and we are always driving and this vehicle is great on the highway, great driving around town, just all around good choice and I would recommend this to anyone who does a great deal of road travel. Def a nice affordable massive suv. gas mileage not that great but hey its all good!"

Best value on the market for an SUV

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "A Great road trip vehicle"

Cons: "No Rocket Boosters"

"My 2011 Armada is now my second Armada. I had a 2008 Armada, and when I had only 4000 miles on it, I was rear ended by an 18 ton water tanker. I basically walked away with a 30 minute emergency room quick check, all due to the largeness of the Armada. I believe it saved my life. My 2011 Armada is almost perfect. A few minor issues that needed to be worked on but overall the Armada has been fantastic. I've owned a Sequoia>(big mistake), a Trooper, a Pathfinder, a 2008 Armada and now a 2011 Armada. And the Armada wins hands down. Maybe some day I can afford the Platinum model. Who knows?"

Nissan Armada

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, spacius,"

Cons: "Maybe gas, but that is OK"

"WOW what a car. I live in Washington State and it rains a lot in here. I had Ford Explorer and when you drive on freeway when it rains if you catch pot hole filled with water your car is slowing down a little or you have to catch the stearing wheel, with ARMADA there is no problems it drives like a champ, and its Japanese car and they last long. If you have to pick SUV for your family from Escalade, Mercedes, GMC, Infiniti, BMW, Toyota and many more, Nissan Armada would be the top one I would pick. Because of the price, comfort, and durability."

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, beautiful and comfortable"

Cons: "Doesn't have great gas mileage...but its huge!!"

"I bought my 2007 Armada used in 2007 with 30,000 miles on it. In the 5 years that I have owned it I have never been broken down or had a major problem. I recently had to replace a wheel bearing on the front passenger side, but after countless road trips all over the eastern seaboard, I can't complain to much. It has been the most reliable vehicle I, or anyone I know, has ever owned. I know that my family is safe and secure inside this massive tank and it gives me piece of mind when I or my husband is on the road in it. Most of my friend can't believe how long I've had it, how I've never had problems with it, and how it is so unbelievably comfortable to ride in but still so beautiful from the outside. As another reviewer said, I will be driving this until the wheels fall off....and then I will buy another Armada."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Armada near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for