2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,555 - $22,041.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/8.3

7.9

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, features, looks, roomy"

Cons: "material of the cloth seats"

"I have around 1800 miles on my Altima now. I have read all the good and negative reviews on the vehicle. After reading the negative ones I did pay attention to what everyone was saying about the car. I do find the car to be a litte noisy but not as bad as some people say. The car is very quite inside blocking out a lot of road noise which I feel contributes to being able to hear the engine more. I have driven a Honda Accord and the road/wind noise in that car is very bad. I do hear a tiny noise in the power steering when backing up only. You have to really listen to hear it. I feel if you dwell on the noise is why some people find it bothersome but to me it is not that bad and lasts only a few seconds. I am suprised this car even had power steering you do not find that in many cars. I like all the features in the car. The gas mileage is amazing. I am averaging 38.7 miles per gallon. Overall the car to me is wonderful and I have had many cars. There will be fault in every car. It just depends on what you find more bothersome than others. I have yet to find a 4 cylinder car that is not a little noisy."

Not built to last

By on Monday, September 28, 2015

Pros: "Driver's seat, great mpg on highway trips"

Cons: "Some poor quality parts, poor electronics in SL"

"This car was great, at first. While it still gets much better than the posted mileage (I have taken it on long highway trips and got up to 42.4 mpg) the CVT is HORRIBLE in the cold. Single digits mean double digit warm up times if it is going to "shift" at all. If you are in a rush in the cold be prepared for high rpms and much engine noise. Depending on the "mode" of drive it is in (regular or sport) it has different CVT chatter zones. I've figured out you can usually switch between modes to get rid of the noise if it bothers you...other than between 40-50 mph. You are often going to hear CVT chatter there no matter what you do in that extremely common speed range with the 2.5. On that note, the sunroof (I have the SL) constantly rattles. On a good noise note, the extremely loud A/C blower quieted down to what it should have by about 30k. Before then when the AC was on high it sounded like it was going to explode. Oh yeah, the AC compressor failed at 40k (2 years of ownership). Just past normal warranty range. Brilliant job Nissan. I drive cars for 10 plus years apiece and I've never had to replace an AC compressor in a car I bought new...to include a Dodge and an Isuzu. Finally, the back up camera is junk. Every other oil change I have to have the techs look at it. It can never decide if it is day or night so far as illumination. Sometimes it just shows black. The techs always say that the connection came loose. They never fix it, just say they've jammed it back in and that it should be a problem anymore, but it always is. If it's as they say, it's a poor design and they are incredibly cheap to refuse to permanently fix it. I bought the extended warranty out to 100k so well see who flinches first (hint, not me). Oh yeah, the front driver seat is awesome. Most comfortable I've ever sat in of any car. I wouldn't buy the car for the seat, but it is the best feature of the car. Too bad the rest doesn't match up. Especially with the tan interior, black accent pieces, and the light gray roof (how's that fit in?) Long and short of this, while I'll drive this car to it's end (because that's what I do when I buy new cars) I wouldn't buy another Nissan. Too many glitches for the money. I'd expect them from a lower cost brand like Kia or Dodge, but Nissan should be making better products. They started with potential and ended with disappointment."

A well designed auto.

By on Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pros: "Average price model with options, well appointed."

Cons: "Noisy, choppy ride, CVT performance."

"I have owned Nissan automobiles for many years, primarily Maxima types. This model has been a true gasoline saver with the 2.5L 4 cyl engine, The average fuel use averaged around 33 miles per gallon. The motor was a real eye opener, the pick-speed is on par with previous V8's, passing also tops. However, the ride is choppy with a very bothersome tire/road noise. The CVT transmission is a wonderful addition in the heavier Maxima, in this lighter model it does not perform as smoothly."

RECALL

By on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pros: "Auto up pasgr window, touch screen, push to start"

Cons: "CVT Transmission Malfunction, small door poquets"

"I love the look of the car inside and out. I love the features and the feel of the car at higher speeds. Unfortunetly, after only 26000 miles and less than 9 months with my Altima SL I had to get a new transmission. You can feel the troubleshooting while parked, first and second gear."

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Just bought my first nissan..and I love it

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "nearly everything, design, look, way it drives"

Cons: "haven't found any yet"

"Never had a Nissan before, always been a mustang/charger or suv type of guy, however I finally purchased the Altima after listening to people talk about it and I love it. Best car I have ever driven to this point. highly recommend it."

Good overall quality relative to the price

By on Friday, January 9, 2015

Pros: "Good MPG, Good & useful space, Many tech features"

Cons: "Low ground clearance & Light vehicle weight"

"I purchased a '14 2.5 SL in 05/14 for $27,000, and now in 01/15 I have put about 19,500 miles on it and am overall impressed with it. I have not had any mechanical issues with it yet, and I personally like the CVT as it has a smoother ride to it than a traditional transmission. The interior features with the heated steering wheel, heated front seats, Bose audio system, Bluetooth and Navigation are very nice for a mid-size sedan at this price range. I have also been very impressed by how comfortable the seats are as my last car also had very comfortable seats. Prior to purchasing my first Nissan I rode in a KIA Optima and a Hyundai Sonata and was very surprised by how uncomfortable the seats were. During the warm months I averaged anywhere from 32-37 MPG, and during the cold winter I am achieving about 28 MPG, however I have been letting the car idle quite a bit since I work out of it at times. The Altima, along with so many sedans anymore, do ride lower to the ground and are much lighter in order to boost the MPG, so in order to get around better during the Midwest winters I put snow-tires on the front 2 tires to gain better traction. The ground clearance and vehicle weight are certainly some key ideas to keep in mind if you're debating between purchasing a sedan and SUV. With all of that said I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants good MPG, many tech features, good interior space including a larger trunk than expected, without having to pay 30k+."

This is my favorite car.

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage and comfortable seats=great traveling"

Cons: "Nissan needs to work on road noise"

"We had a 2013 Altima SV and loved it. Three road trips between four and five thousand miles gave great MPG and comfort that allowed us to travel all day and not feel beat up at the end of the day. Then two months ago, we traded it on a '16 Rogue SV. Worst mistake EVER. Rogue mileage was 24-26 highway compared to the Altima's 38-41. Suddenly the idea of a 4,000 mile trip was more expensive than we wanted to think about. Rogue seats aren't as comfortable as Altima, but lack of range means more opportunity to get out and stretch legs at gas pumps. Altima's trunk is vastly larger than Rogue's cargo space behind seats. We corrected the mistake today. Local dealer had a '15 Altima SL on the lot with 5K miles. The car had never been titled. We traded the Rogue after two months on the Altima. Took a beating on money but glad to be out of the Rogue and into the Altima. Don't get me wrong, the Rogue is fine and I think we'd have been happy with it IF we had not had the Altima to contrast it."

Great car for business travel

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pros: "fuel economy for size of car; front seat comfort"

Cons: "wish the SV had front seat memory"

"Purchased a 2015 SV new for business travel. Have +18,000 miles in 10 months of operation. Cover a multi-state territory along the Mississippi river. Very comfortable driving. Good interior room for a driver 6'1" +300 lbs. Front seats are as good as advertised. Got the 4 cylinder for better fuel economy and am not disappointed. Occasionally miss the extra power but overall this car runs fine with cruise control set to 75. Have read mixed reviews of the reliability of the CVT transmission, but so far has worked great and the smooth shifting makes up for the engine's horsepower. Have been averaging 37-38 mpg overall for trips of 1,000 to 1,500 miles, which includes city and highway driving (using 10% ethanol-enriched 87 octane regular). Four people travel very comfortably in this car. Handles decently in the snow."

Good car, comfortable seats, no problems.

By on Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pros: "Good price, comfortable on trips. good mileage"

Cons: "A little noisy on hard acceleration"

"Bought it new. Average mileage is 34.5 with mostly in town driving. Between wife and myself we have owned 9 Nissans since 1982 and have been pleased. 2 Grown children all have Nissans, and between them have owned 9 Nissans also. No, we do not own a Nissan dealership or own any stock."

IF I ONLY KNEW

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"2013 altima 2.5SL with Nav. After 5k miles the CVT transmision started to vibrate while driving around town. Now at 9k its getting worse. I went through Nissans customer care program and after four atempts to fix the vibration problem I was told this is normal nothing more they do. Also The rear view monitor is not clear. Nissan changed the camera which did not help. Other than that the rest of the car is very good . Nice hwy ride. I would not recommend buying a new Altima."

Love my new Altima!

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Exterior/interior styling, gas mileage"

"I traded in my 2012 Altima SL for the 2013 SL due to the many upgrades, improved gas mileage and redesigned look. I loved my 2012 Altima, but I couldn't be more happy with my choice. I've read several complaints focused on the CVT, but it really does take some getting use to. I previously owned a 2010 Nissan Sentra with the CVT as well so this is my third vehicle with this type of transmission. It is definitely a different driving feeling and sound but has always proved reliable."

2013 NISSAN ALTIMA SL 126 MILES

By on Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great MPG, comfort"

Cons: "at 126 miles non yet"

"This car offers the smoothes ride out of any sedan out rite now. Extremely comfortable leather seats with great adjustments to the drivers side. Bose system sounds great with the integrated XM radio free for 3 months. The SL is a luxury car with great value ($25800 negotiated)"

whats not to like

By on Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "so far none"

"The driving experience is great, quiet and it has a solid feel on the highway. The seats are as advertised very comfortable. One of my favorite features is the backup camera which gives added confidence when backing out of the drive."

My dream car!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and very fun to drive!!!"

Cons: "Really nothing."

"I wanted this car for 2 years and it's finally mine! I love everything about it inside and out! It's the perfect car for me like it was custom made!"

Great MPG, very roomy in rear seat area.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Great vehicle, will buy another later in 2015."

Cons: "4 cylinder engine noise is loud on acceleration."

"Vehicle is great on fuel mileage, 40 on Interstate with AC, 27 locally. Only problem is with electronics, on rare occasion the Nav/audio screen will reboot for no known reason. Works great otherwise. Nice vehicle, great on interstate highway."

Wow! I am Really Impressed!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Performance & Fuel Mileage"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car was given to me as a loaner. Before I drove this car I was considering a Honda Accord. This vehicle is an Altima SV with a 4-cylinder engine. It has the CVT with the D-Step which acts as an overdrive. It performs very well and the cloth '0' gravity seats are the most comfortable seats I ever sat in lately. The fuel mileage is incredible. I am averaging 28.6 to 30.5 around town. On the highway it jumps right up to 33 MPG. I am sure that on a long trip it will out perform many in its class. The vehicle is very quiet and responsive. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Excellent design, very happy overall

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "Very nice and well design, excellent in and out."

Cons: "Don't trust the 38 mpg, other than that it good."

"I purchased this car over Camry because the design and the mileage. The best I can get is 30.3 mpg show on the instrument. But I actually check every full tank and each get about 28 to 30 mpg. I don't know how Nissan can make a big advertise 38 mpg. This is what I am not happy about. Also at the stop, acceleration is poor and does not sound good. Any one get better than I do please share with me."

Lovethe car

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Admiring the car in my driveway

"This is my first Japanese car. I have been a GM fan all my life (20 vehicles). And i must admit i am really enjoying the car all around..The looks, the feel the comfort and most of all the fuel efficiency."

Admiring the car in my driveway

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Best Gas mileage

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage and comfort."

Cons: "Bulkly car with narrow backseat to trunk opening."

"If you drive on the hwy 60-65 mph, you will average 45-50 mpg. Just tremendous. Why get a hybrid? Plus has the better acceleration if you need it. Drives very smooth, and will not get tired on long trips. Wonderful entertainment system. Play iHeart radio. Better than Pandora. I had to get a seat cushion, as the seat is very uncomfortable. Love the key fob--never have to take it out of your pocket."

Good midsize automobile for the money

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "style, performance, fast, quiet, affordable"

"needed a car real bad as thought couldn't afford an newer car my last vehicle drove was 1992 Chrysler 5th Avenue finally retired. I am in my mid 50s so have owned quite few vehicles over the decades bought me an 2014 Altima 2.5sv pretty much love this car on everything. Its comfortable, love the new looks of it handles very great includes heated leather seats, blue tooth, steering controls, Bose stereo system. This car rides excellent it seems much safer on highways with best features ever from lane departure warning and blind spot. Interior is very quiet being a midsize car worth every penny on a perfect price I paid buying this car exterior color is beautiful in cayenne red metallic which makes have an more sportier style to car. 4 Cylinder engine has lots of performance faster, smooth ride, excellent acceleration from the continuously variable transmission its effortless in making car have a best ride on highways. I drove a 21 year old vehicle that was so reliable but retired at nearly 289,000 miles so thought with my budget wouldn't be able to afford a car but when looking my shining red Altima 2.5sv at the showroom lot it wasn't bad driving off in my first brand new car in years because its the best affordable automobile ever bought."

Avoid this car! Unless you like problems.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room in the front."

Cons: "Problems that the dealer can't seem to fix!"

"Brake screech like a banshee and the dealer could not make it go away. Check engine light came on at 38000 miles. So far the dealer has changed the: Engine Control Module. Mass Air flow meter. Reprogrammed the ECU. Light came on again, am now at 42000 miles. I should not have purchased this car!"

Absolutely Love my Altima!!!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "price was right, enjoy the zippiness and fun ride"

Cons: "slightly smaller backseats than comparables"

"I bought my 2013 2.5S used, it was a rental car. It has 23,000 miles on it, which is alot for a 2013, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the mpg, looks, comfort and quality that this car offers. I am consistently getting 31mpg avg between city/hwy. Maybe that's because it's well broken in, but after driving an SUV for 8 yrs, I am thrilled to be getting that kind of gas mileage! It fits myself and my 6'4" husband and 2 kids comfortably. I would highly recommend this vehicle!"

I'm a stay at car Mom :)

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Convenient"

Cons: "Price"

"In today's world I'm not a stay at home Mom but stay in my car all day. From school to soccer to swimming to the house to friends to dinner and on and on....with this car I can say that it's a little better. Fun like the others said but also convenient. Open the trunk and doors with the keys in my purse the whole time. I might not be a good comparison since I always opened Kia and Hyundai I'm new to this luxury level of cars... All and all I recommend."