2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,711 - $22,117.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/8.3

7.8

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Not built to last

By on Monday, September 28, 2015

Pros: "Driver's seat, great mpg on highway trips"

Cons: "Some poor quality parts, poor electronics in SL"

"This car was great, at first. While it still gets much better than the posted mileage (I have taken it on long highway trips and got up to 42.4 mpg) the CVT is HORRIBLE in the cold. Single digits mean double digit warm up times if it is going to "shift" at all. If you are in a rush in the cold be prepared for high rpms and much engine noise. Depending on the "mode" of drive it is in (regular or sport) it has different CVT chatter zones. I've figured out you can usually switch between modes to get rid of the noise if it bothers you...other than between 40-50 mph. You are often going to hear CVT chatter there no matter what you do in that extremely common speed range with the 2.5. On that note, the sunroof (I have the SL) constantly rattles. On a good noise note, the extremely loud A/C blower quieted down to what it should have by about 30k. Before then when the AC was on high it sounded like it was going to explode. Oh yeah, the AC compressor failed at 40k (2 years of ownership). Just past normal warranty range. Brilliant job Nissan. I drive cars for 10 plus years apiece and I've never had to replace an AC compressor in a car I bought new...to include a Dodge and an Isuzu. Finally, the back up camera is junk. Every other oil change I have to have the techs look at it. It can never decide if it is day or night so far as illumination. Sometimes it just shows black. The techs always say that the connection came loose. They never fix it, just say they've jammed it back in and that it should be a problem anymore, but it always is. If it's as they say, it's a poor design and they are incredibly cheap to refuse to permanently fix it. I bought the extended warranty out to 100k so well see who flinches first (hint, not me). Oh yeah, the front driver seat is awesome. Most comfortable I've ever sat in of any car. I wouldn't buy the car for the seat, but it is the best feature of the car. Too bad the rest doesn't match up. Especially with the tan interior, black accent pieces, and the light gray roof (how's that fit in?) Long and short of this, while I'll drive this car to it's end (because that's what I do when I buy new cars) I wouldn't buy another Nissan. Too many glitches for the money. I'd expect them from a lower cost brand like Kia or Dodge, but Nissan should be making better products. They started with potential and ended with disappointment."

A well designed auto.

By on Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pros: "Average price model with options, well appointed."

Cons: "Noisy, choppy ride, CVT performance."

"I have owned Nissan automobiles for many years, primarily Maxima types. This model has been a true gasoline saver with the 2.5L 4 cyl engine, The average fuel use averaged around 33 miles per gallon. The motor was a real eye opener, the pick-speed is on par with previous V8's, passing also tops. However, the ride is choppy with a very bothersome tire/road noise. The CVT transmission is a wonderful addition in the heavier Maxima, in this lighter model it does not perform as smoothly."

RECALL

By on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pros: "Auto up pasgr window, touch screen, push to start"

Cons: "CVT Transmission Malfunction, small door poquets"

"I love the look of the car inside and out. I love the features and the feel of the car at higher speeds. Unfortunetly, after only 26000 miles and less than 9 months with my Altima SL I had to get a new transmission. You can feel the troubleshooting while parked, first and second gear."

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Just bought my first nissan..and I love it

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "nearly everything, design, look, way it drives"

Cons: "haven't found any yet"

"Never had a Nissan before, always been a mustang/charger or suv type of guy, however I finally purchased the Altima after listening to people talk about it and I love it. Best car I have ever driven to this point. highly recommend it."