2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,807 - $22,165.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/8.3

7.8

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

Nothing to apologize for; just a good car!

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, very good MPG"

Cons: "More of a logical purchase than an emotional one."

"I've put over 35,000 miles within a year--the most I've driven ANY car for the same time period. Very good, effortless, highway cruiser...the V-6 is strong and very efficient (averaging about 32 MPG on the highway) haven't had to worry about merging into highway traffic. The exterior styling is nice in the current, flowing Japanese sedan style language, but almost too anonymous. Interior space and design are well thought-out and reasonably roomy (for those under 6' at least); and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Even though it's not a sport sedan, the Altima with the 3.5 does respond well to spirited driving on some of the back roads in South Texas."

Outstanding

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

"I completed loads of research on this vehicle, including conversation with a Nissan engineer. Tested numerous hybrids, mid size non hybrids, the car was head and shoulders better than anything on the road in the price range. Looks higher end, both inside and out. After 2000 miles love the ride, handling, MPG ave 33, seats ARE all that, most comfortable drivers car seat I've ever had, overall good fit and finish. Heading down hill the CVT 2.5 takes some time to get used to. Strange feeling with increasing RPM. The 4 banger delivers strong passing power on flats and up hill. Enjoy!"

CVT ISSUES otherwise very nice car

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Exterior and interior design, gas mileage"

Cons: "Noise and vibration extremely high"

"I have owned my 2.5 cv for one month and already it's been back to the dealer 3 times for the same lugging and vibration noise issues which I experiece on light throttle acceleration from a stop at around 1500 rpm. I have lodged a complaint with Nissan Customer Care and have been assigned a Regional Specialist to my case. In my first conversation with the specialist, I was imformed that Nissan is aware of this problem and is working on a more permanent solution. Meanwhile, Nissan is having serpentine belts and belt tensioners replaced in an effort to alleviate noise and vibration. Yesterday my vehicle was oufitted with the new belt and tensioner. I did noticed a fractional noise reduction but the swap did not significantly alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, Nissan is attempting to address the symptom not the root source of the problem... that being the CVT programming. With a simple CVT reprogram offered to those of us who are sensitive to the lugging noise and vibration, Nissan could make this issue disappear practically overnight. Instead Nissan is trying "band aid" fixes like belts and tensioners, presumably, in an effort to keep their EPA estimates intact. At the same time they seem to be abandoning longtime loyal customers. This is an otherwise extremely nice automobile if it were not for the CVT issues and I am hopeful Nissan wakes up and gets serious about resolving this very annoying and frustating issue at once before potential owners start looking elsewhere in this very competive market and before frustrated owners start bailing out."

Dramatic upgrade of a solid vehicle

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, heated steering wheel, key start"

Cons: "None found yet"

"Have admired the styling upgrade for the past year and after much consideration of alternatives, I am very happy with the Altima ! Wow factor in full force with SL model, in all categories, value, tech, economy, connivence, performance , and safety. Most of all I love how it looks and drives. Based on past reviews I'm looking forward to many satisfying years of service."

Luxurious but noises and vibrations

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I have owned this car since June 2013. It has been very reliable. The seats are comfortable, the Bose system and the navigation is great, it looks beautiful inside and out. Good gas mileage. However, the noise and vibrations from the engine is unacceptable! Noisy upon slow acceleration and a vibration is felt in the steering column and the seat cushion. Too bad, this would have been the perfect car! Had 2 other Nissans and I loved them. Can't wait till this lease is over!"

A year later and still loving it! (w/remote start)

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, good pricing, remote start"

Cons: "Gas milage can be disappointing"

"The new style of Altima has a very bad reputation. When I was looking for a new car, I was iffy on choosing the Altima. This was the car that I really wanted but knew I was not getting the 2013 models. I have owned my 2014 Altima for a year now and I am still loving it. While I will admit I did have some issues with this car that was making me second guess this car. The back up camera stopped working about two weeks in. I took it in and was told the whole radio (w/o nav) had to be replaced. I was not happy with this car being so young. The radio was replaced and about 4 months later the same problem occurred. Not only was the radio causing issues, there was a very loud whining at low speeds. Then the A/C fan became unbearably loud when it was on high mode. (The fan would sound as if it was trying to hard to operate and would shake the dashboard). This was about 4 months into ownership. So I decided to change service stations rather than give up on this car. Once I took it to a NON Nissan dealership... everything started working. The car now runs great! I no longer have any issues with it. The gas mileage is OK. The best gas mileage I have seen it 620 miles on a full tank! However I was driving in a small town and was driving through a couple of states. In the big city where I live, I average about 27-30 MPG. (Depending how much driving I am doing for that week) The cloth seats have been very durable and are fairly easy to clean. (I regularly clean my car due having a dog, every two weeks. The seats are beige as well.) With that in mind, this is how I have been able to keep the car looking new. This car is very comfortable, especially in long road trips. The car handles well and takes curves and turns fairly tight (it is not a small car but it does well.) When you lightly step on the gas pedal you can barely hear the CVT. (When the radio is on) When you slam on the gas pedal the CVT is loud and roars, but I guess that is a CVT. Overall this car has been a great commuter car. It fits me perfectly and I still enjoy driving it. My only advise to buyers looking at this car is take it for a extensive test drive. With the Altima's bad reviews and a lot of recalls, you definitely want to make sure that your potential new Altima is NOT another LEMON."

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

This is our 3rd Altima!! I love them!

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "Sharp car, love the factory car starter"

Cons: "Sun Visors are too small"

"Just turned in our 2010 Nissan Altima SE with 85,000. The only thing I had to do with it was put new tires on it because we drove them off of it! We obviously changed the oil every 3000-6000 miles. We traded our 2010 for the current 2013 which we just purchased in Decemeber of 2013. This vehicle was a certified vehicle. I love to drive this vehicle, the salesman say's this car gets better gas mileage then the 2010. The 2013 is roomy, the interior is like a space ship! The only CON I can list is the sun visors are too small. Great car!!"