2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,555 - $22,041.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/8.3

7.9

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

EARLY PROBLEMS WITH NO EXPLANATION

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Reliability, comfort"

"This car hesitates, chugs, gets stuck at a high rpm with no explanation. There are no check engine lights, or trouble codes. It is now at the dealer for the 2nd time with this problem and no one can find it. Waiting for the third time to file my claim..."

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

Great retool on the 13

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Very nice job on the 2013"

Cons: "None yet"

"Nissan did a very nice job on the new car. We have a 09 and a 10 nite and day difference between them. Very nice int, package. Better seats than our cts. Love the wireless, going to trade the 10 in on another 13. Drive one you will buy one. We have had this car for 3 weeks it was 1 of 2 in the greater Milwaukee area. We were fortunate enough to buy it, still have not seen another on the road. Most Altima drivers have a surprised look when they see the car."

Vehicle shutter/ transmission issue

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Wife loves the vehicle style, interior, etc."

Cons: "Transmission issues are a significant downside"

"2013/ 3.5---Severe vehicle shutter at slow speed acceleration from dead stop. Transmission replaced at about 2900 miles and with 6700 miles the new replacement is now exhibiting he same problem. So, after two months, we still have no answers from Nissan as to cause or how they might correct the issue. Dealership and Nissan were prompt in replacing the transmission when the initial problem was communicated but with the same problem being present in the new transmission I am in a holding pattern on what the next steps might be. I understand these transmission issues are specific to the 3.5 engine/transmission and are not unique to my vehicle. The dealership has had two staff driven 3.5 demos that have exhibited the same problem. Nissan Manufacturing has been given this information. This defect might be present in all or a substantial number of 2013 3.5 Altimas. I cannot recommend this vehicle until such time a resolution to the problem is identified and implemented."

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."