2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,832 - $21,587.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 150 miles.

10/8.4

7.9

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

Extremely Happy with Altima

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxury inside and out"

Cons: "Wind noise from driver door,window"

"I have had my Nissan Altima 3.5 SV for one week now and I am in love with it! It has such a high end look inside and out. Lots of bells and whistles, so I am still getting use to them and do not know everything the car is able to do! The only complaint so far is there is a noise of wind from the driver side door, so need to find out what is causing it. Overall I would highly recommend this car ...it's a sure head turner!!!"

Upgraded from 2010 Altima

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Value, technology, MPG, fun to drive"

Cons: "Sunglass holder too small."

"In Oct of 2012 I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a Buick Verano on a whim and want a mistake that was. 2 months later I traded it in for another Altima SV with Convenience and Navigation. I could not be happier. I liked my 2010 Altima, but I absolutely love the new one. It is comfortable, convenient, the MPG is great...I cannot think of anything negative to say."

Lemon law- new CVT major problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: Lemon Law

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "1st year for the CVT, many are lemons"

"Nissan has agreed to buy my car back, though still fighting on the details. Transmission problems from day one, dealer(s) kept denying even though I had video proof. Finally transmission went completely out. Looks good, great MPG, but corporate has been a pain as have the dealers, I'd like the last year of my life back!"

My video

CVT failure (end of video)

Liked the 2013 3.5 SL so much we bought a second

By on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, classy, comfortable"

Cons: "No passenger power seat"

"I previously owned a 2007 Altima 3.5 with nav. It was a gem to drive and never in the shop. So wehn the redesign came out in September I had to trade up. I got $17k trade in on the 2007 and it had 46,000 miles, so the trade in va;lue on these are very good if you keep it clean. All of the reviews of the CVT are true, you either have to like it, hate it or get used to it. Since I was already used to it, the best thing about the 2013 CVT is that they improved it to add it as if it were shifting through seven gears. The paddle shifter is even better if you like the actual feel. Now, I have to admit, we have had some CVY issues that took it back to the dealer. At 20 mph, the CVT has a slight but irritating hesitation. Nissan noted that nothing was wrong with it but their mechanics did agree that it was hesitating. I am told that a programming fix for this is in the works. If you like to drive fast from a traffic light, the 3.5 is your car, very fast from a start, even better when passing on the interstate. It doesn't whine and it knows to go when you ask it. I've read the previous reviews regarding the Altima nav system. After test driving the Fusion,I was immediately dismissed by its confusing layout and buttons. The Accord and the Optima and the Sonata's nav screen is an inch larger but to me, the response on each was slower. It would be nice if the Altima had a shiels to block incoming light but overall, it was responsive and user friendly. The Bluetooth system is also easy to use and is not noisy when making calls. Overall, the mileage has improved a few miles over the older Altima. Averaging around 24 with a good mix of interstate and stop and go driving. Long trips are a breeze either driving or as a passenger. The new front seats are the most comfortable then any in its class. I like the car so much we decided to buy a second one. The only other drive I liked was the Sonata. Yes it's a few thousand less but it's not as sporty as the Altima and doesn't have the Blind Spot or Lane Change warning system. I give the 3.5 Altima high marks"

best car deal on the Raod today

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "everything has been imrpoved"

Cons: "Prefer small wheels over larger ones"

"I am 64 years old and have owned just about all types of cars and several trucks . I do my own work normally and love a quality product . I have owned Hondas , Toyotas , and Nissans plus the American cars . I notice when large improvements have been made over a particular model compared to previous years . This new 2013 Altima is by far the most improved Car over previous models I have ever seen . Virtually everything has been improved . The paint job is way better , the body style , the quietness , the comfortable seats , the performance , the gas mileage , the interior , the electronics , the transmission , . The list is a mile long . Naturally you may prefer one type car over the other . Nothing wrong with other types . The market is flooding with quality machines . But this car is drastically improved , it is the quality of Lexus , or something much more expensive . Plus if you get it on sale and low interest rates you simply can not believe the deal . it is like I am driving a 40,000 car I only paid 25 K for . The 3.5 SV has the cloth seats which I absolutely love , I get about 32 road and about 25 average around town . It blows the American cars out the window for the price ."

2013 NISSAN ALTIMA SL 126 MILES

By on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great MPG, comfort"

Cons: "at 126 miles non yet"

"This car offers the smoothes ride out of any sedan out rite now. Extremely comfortable leather seats with great adjustments to the drivers side. Bose system sounds great with the integrated XM radio free for 3 months. The SL is a luxury car with great value ($25800 negotiated)"

Total disappointment

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Ford Fusion is outstanding"

Cons: "Altima absolutely a piece of junk!"

"Test drovee three cars: Altima, Camry and Ford Fusion Altima totally a piece of junk! Camry, nice, but old! Fusion, WOW! Heads and shoulders above and very attractive pricing. Targeted one, test drove and signed on the dotted line!"

Outstanding Value, better then other Japnese Rival

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Strong V4 Engine, Great Gas Milage 28/34 MPG/ Sexy"

Cons: "Wish I had Leather instead."

"I drive both 2012 Accord and Camry before Test driving 2012 Altima S Special Edition. Altima was quitter, offered higher engine HP, Quieter on the Road and when IDLE, Roomy as compare to other Japanese Sedans. Also Nissan offered me low 0.9 APR for 60/mo. I honestly think you cannot go wrong weather your purchase ALTIMA/According or Camry. They are all very reliable, dependable and fuel efficient Cars. My 2012 Altima S V4 Special Edition gives me solid 28.5 in CITY and 34.5 on Highway at 70MPH. Those numbers are better then what sticker said. It is very comfortable inside and very roomy if you have kids. I plan to keep this car for very long time as I did with my old Sentra who ran even after 320K miles on it and was indeed very dependable ride and recently sold it for $1500. Wish I had purchased my 2012 Altima Special Edition with Leather Package because I miss heated seats in cold weather. I suggest purchase fully upgraded package if you plan to keep car for long time. Rest Assure ALTIMA will do the job and will stay with you for long time, this is from past experience."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great buy on a car that is as good as my Lincoln"

Cons: "None for me"

"This is the most fun I have had in a long time. Love all the standard comforts and the ride. Just got back from 1200 mile trip WOW 41 MILES Per gallon for real Better then my Lincoln hybrid If you like a comfortable ride great fuel economy and want most creature comforts this is a great valu"

nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, features, looks, roomy"

Cons: "material of the cloth seats"

"I have around 1800 miles on my Altima now. I have read all the good and negative reviews on the vehicle. After reading the negative ones I did pay attention to what everyone was saying about the car. I do find the car to be a litte noisy but not as bad as some people say. The car is very quite inside blocking out a lot of road noise which I feel contributes to being able to hear the engine more. I have driven a Honda Accord and the road/wind noise in that car is very bad. I do hear a tiny noise in the power steering when backing up only. You have to really listen to hear it. I feel if you dwell on the noise is why some people find it bothersome but to me it is not that bad and lasts only a few seconds. I am suprised this car even had power steering you do not find that in many cars. I like all the features in the car. The gas mileage is amazing. I am averaging 38.7 miles per gallon. Overall the car to me is wonderful and I have had many cars. There will be fault in every car. It just depends on what you find more bothersome than others. I have yet to find a 4 cylinder car that is not a little noisy."

Love This Car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, High Quality Materials, Fun to Drive."

Cons: "NONE"

"This is my 5th nissan,(3rd Altima) and by far the best. I have the 3.5 SL. Extremely luxurious, never sat in such a comfortable car seat. Drives like a dream, fast. Love the CVT. Beautiful Car!"

Terrible experience

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Reason: Worst car I've ever owned

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "Worst car I've ever owned"

"Bought based on Consumer Reports review. Chief auto tester came from Nissan. After review he went back to Nissan. Latest C R review has car way down on list. Worst car I've ever owned. Engine is loud and and skips under slight load, dealer says this is normal, terrible ride, slight wind pushes car all over road and is dangerous, cheap interior, upholstery wrinkles easily, 3 rims were egg shaped causing severe vibration. Traded for Ford Fusion!"

Good, not amazing.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "good drive, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "weak body metals and paint, relatively boring"

"I traded in a 2011 Altima for the 2013 and just about expected it to be marginally better. The driving is firm and sporty, yet comfortable. In sum, the 2.5 litre is capable and I average 31 mpg as stated on the sticker. It's pretty boring compared to other offerings, but that's not a bad thing to some people. My main issue is with the exterior paint and metal. The paint chips and the doors dent easily (due to my fault for parking next to careless people) but still I expected it to hold up somewhat. I've already had to use the rust warranty for the trunk because the metal piece was causing the paint to wear off underneath it and rusting (on a 2013 car in 2013). Also having a black (kh3) Altima doesn't help disguise the exterior flaws. In the end I enjoy it, but I won't be sad when I move onto the next Altima or car."

Absolutely Love my Altima!!!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "price was right, enjoy the zippiness and fun ride"

Cons: "slightly smaller backseats than comparables"

"I bought my 2013 2.5S used, it was a rental car. It has 23,000 miles on it, which is alot for a 2013, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the mpg, looks, comfort and quality that this car offers. I am consistently getting 31mpg avg between city/hwy. Maybe that's because it's well broken in, but after driving an SUV for 8 yrs, I am thrilled to be getting that kind of gas mileage! It fits myself and my 6'4" husband and 2 kids comfortably. I would highly recommend this vehicle!"

Problematic from the start

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reason: Terrible all around

Pros: "comfortable seats, nice design"

Cons: "everything else"

"Saw the new Altima at a parking lot and quickly fell in love with plus the fact that I've been a loyal Nissan customer for 20 years. Not too long after, traded in my 2008 Altima coupe for the 2.5 S Model. Two days later, I noticed a whining noise from the engine compartment. Took it to the dealerhip and was advised noise is from power steering pump and "normal". Not long after, a drumming noise followed, bluetooth dysfunction, fuel slosh/clonk, screen displays go blank and a burning rubber smell. Took the vehicle to 3 different dealerships to to no avail. Opened a case w/ Nissan and filed a complaint with BBB and the MD General Attorney Complaint Division that ultimately led nowhere. Tech that was sent to inspect my car concluded and wrote in his findings that the sounds are normal characteristics of the vehicle. Before purchasing this vehicle, research online and you will find a lot of unhappy consumers. Got fed up and cut my loss. Traded it in for a new Honda Accord Sport and while unhappy with losing money, I certainly made the best decision. Nissan has done an awful job with this vehicle and their consumer affairs hotline is just the same. Be careful when purchasing this vehicle. You'll find yourself back and forth the dealership."

Love my Altima

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, good price, roomy, stylish,"

Cons: "none so far"

"This is my first Nissan purchase. So far I am very happy with my new Altima. I have read a lot of reviews both good and bad. I took a chance on getting this car despite what some people have said. I am glad I went ahead and purchased the car. I find the car to be stylish, roomy, and getting good gas mileage. I do not have any major issues with the car. I love the push start with intelligence key. I am very happy and would recommend a test drive for anyone who is thinking about this car. Do not pass up a test drive on the negative reviews you have read. This car is not for everyone and all cars have some kind of fault in them. As long as the car starts and gets me to where I need to be that is a positive for me."

Excellent Car

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Nav/Computer/XM Radio, Materials, Quality, Value"

Cons: "Needs Position Memory(s) on the Power Seats.."

"Personally I'm very pragmatic and drive the bottom of the line value vehicles into the ground. But, I got this 2.5SL w/4cyl for my wife. She drives only in the city and rarely gets on the highway. Her Heavy footed city driving is getting 25/26 mpg consistently. We have Zero(0) complaints with the Altima. No rattles, strange noises.. Nothing. Never been back to the shop - I probably should take it back to see if there are any recalls or anything, but everything seems perfect and I can change the oil. This machine is extremely well built and contains lots of nice materials. It just feels right - and nothing in it feels cheap. It has so many features that we still haven't figured all of the NAV/XM and computer read outs. We're learning.. This thing has so many features to tie into our iphones, text messaging etc.. that it will be entertaining if we ever go on a long trip. Anyway Very Nice, seems quicker than our old V6 Maxima - and I would certainly buy another one - but probably not for 10-15 years. I just sold her 92 maxima to the junk yard because I crashed it into a bridge - and the junk yard bought it because the engine and transmission were still good."

WOW great car.

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I own 2011 Nissan Frontier, and on March 3 2013 I went to a Nissan dealership to oil change and come back with 2013 Nissan Altima. Now I have 2 Nissans. I tell you soon is get in this car I knew I will buy this car but I didn't tell a dealer anything, after I test drive I told him lets do the paper work now. I had 2002 Nissan Maxima that I sold 3 month ago, car had 165000k on it. Great car.And now I have great Altima. I put 500 miles and stiil have about 2-3 gallons in tank. Interior can compet with cars like Lexus and Acura."

Bought it for gas mileage - very disappointed

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfy ride"

Cons: "Poor mpg, under powered, soft handling"

"I traded in a very nice 2007 Altima 3.5 SE on this 2013 2.5 SV because the 3.5 was only getting 21-22 mpg in my mixed 125 mile daily commute. I thought if the 2.5 could average just a few mpg better than the 27 mpg "city" EPA rating it would save enough gas to pay for the difference in the monthly payment. So far I have only managed 26-27 mpg, which is certainly better than the 3.5, but nowhere what I expected from a car with a 27/38 mpg rating. The seats are slightly more comfy than the old Altima, but they certainly don't live up to the "zero-gravity" hype. The ride is noticeably softer than the SE (as you would expect), which make for a more comfortable ride, but also gives up much of the great handling that the SE offered. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept the 3.5, with that fantastic VQ35 engine, sweet handling, upgraded interior, bose sound system, and navagation system. In other words, I blew it..."

Chock full of noises

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, nice interior, nice features"

Cons: "Noisy CVT, noisy power steering, mpg too low"

"Have owned a maxima and Altima in the past. This model is by far the worst of all. Morse code whinning sound any time going below 20mph coming from power steering, wind noise from driver's window at highway speeds, and growling CVT at around 1500 rpms. The gas mileage is not even close to the EPA sticker of 27/38/31. Only getting 23 mpg. Nissan has no fix for the whinning power steering. Brought In four times with four Nissan Customer Affairs case #s and no resolution. Nissan has a lot to correct in this vehicle to compete with Accord, Fusion, Camry or even the Mazda6. Heavy advertising in Northeast recently. Must be having problems selling 2013 Altimas. No wonder! Better correct flaws of this vehicle or Nissan is going to fall way behind the competition. RECALLS SHOULD BE THEIR PRIORITY NOW TO RETAIN CONSUMERS AND SELL CARS."

It is a very good car.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I have this car for 4 months, drive smoth, confortable from chair, save gas like my old toyota corolla. It is a value car which is a lot of function put in and cheaper than same camry and accourd. I like the designe from in & out. I only have a trouble for a few time fix the front parking led light(left and right), I think dealer has found it what is trouble come from. It is OK now. There is a little bit noise come from side window. I chosed SV, it is a very valued car, mostly cover function which is I want it, there isn't LED daylight only and the front signal light show front, it is hard to see from side. So for safety, pick up SL, there is signal light on side mirrow and you need pay more. Good Luck for everyone."

Best car I have owned

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, drive, room, interior"

Cons: "squeeky breaks and no key fob charger lol"

"I recently traded in my 2009 Nissan Altima for the 2013. I absolutely love it. It is by far the best one I have owned. Better engine, more power, sleeker look and great gas mileage. Yes some say the engine is loud but for those that haven't owned a CVT engine will say that. I think that the engine in this one is much quieter than the one in my old one. There is also much more room in this one was well. I love that more comes standard in this model than years past. It was more than worth it to trade up. It does come with the bumper to bumper warranty so if something does go wrong they will fix it. No car is perfect and there are some out there that aren't as great as others but that is why you do your research and test drive more than once. I am a Nissan girl so there was no other choice for me!"