2015 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,090 - $21,981.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 100 miles.

10/8.3

7.9

Based on 244 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Update

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Seats, technology, MPG"

"Still an amazing car getting 32 Plus average MPG overall. Hwy is 39 mpg thats awesome I don't fill up as much as I used to from my other car. Car drives smooth, great road trip car drives with ease and the seats are very comfortable. I came from a V6 car to this and there is not too much of difference. I read a lot of negative things on this car and so far I disagree! CVT transmission working well too!"

I love my Altima

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "no nav weather/and nav traffic voice alert"

"This is my second Altima. A 2013, I've had it since April. I like the upgrades to the interior a match to any of the luxury cars on the market.. The seats are very comfortable. I have the 3.5 SL V-6 fully loaded with all the options, bells and whistles. I like that there is a screen just above the gas gauge where you can read your text messages although I have not yet figured out how to do that. A smooth ride. If you're looking for speed the V-6 has just what you need. Good gas mileage city and highway. I'm on the highway 5 days a week. that's where most of my mileage is from. I'm still undecided as to which body style I like better but this years model is beautiful it is a head turner. It's bigger, longer, wider, roomier and much more comfortable than the preceding models. Test drive one and you'll fall in love the very first time."

Coming from a former pick-up owner

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, build quality, cargo and passenger space"

Cons: "Road noise, backup camera, lack or power"

"To put this into perspective, I owned a 96 and 01 Ram and then a 13 Silverado. I purchased this car for the fuel economy, cabin size and trunk space. I never thought I'd own a car let alone a foreign car. I must say however, this car is absolutely fantastic! Given there are some problems, as there are with any vehicle on the market. The backup camera is a bit fuzzy, the cup holders aren't adjustable, the glasses holder don't fit my Oakley's and the CVT makes a lot of noise. HOWEVER, this is the closest I came to a proper luxury car without paying the high luxury price and this is really the best looking car in its class. The fuel economy is amazing, the seats are luxurious, the interior is superb quality and the Bose sound system will definitely get you some dirty looks in quiet neighborhoods. There is a bit of road noise for what you would expect from a car like this and the engine makes a constant quiet but high tone whine from the stainless steel belt in the CVT. The steering wheel does look and feel a bit cheep which I think is a set back due to it's the real connection you have with the car, nothing sets the tone like a comfortable and fat leather wrapped helm to make you feel like you're rolling down the lane in a Rolls Royce, this feels more like an old Honda but when you look down at the bright white dials and feel the leather cushioning in the seats then it won't bother you anyways. Now that was a bit negative so lets go to the positive notes. I live in gloriously cold Canada and nothing is more annoying than sitting in a cold car. Well, Thank you Nissan, the auto climate knows if the car is cold and turns on the heat and defrost with the remote start...AWESOME! The fuel economy is amazing, I actually enjoy looking at the average fuel economy data now and I really do manage to get the manufacturer rated and even better economy, if someone says it doesn't get it then they need to stop driving like its Nascar, and I'm 23 so I don't exactly drive like a grandma myself. The trunk is MASSIVE, I managed to fit a full size snow shovel, all my groceries and my dive gear in the trunk all together (yeah I do winter diving in a wet suit, take that Florida divers!). The back seat is massive, I'm 6'3 and I fit back there, however there could be about an inch or two more headroom. The GPS is extremely accurate and very detailed in directions. The ride is firm but comfortable and controlled, you don't feel like you're driving a boat. All features on the car are simple, easy to customize and friendly. And, as bad as it sounds, you get a lot of jealous looks from people driving down the street in this car. Mine is all black with all the chrome and it is a really slick looking car. Plus Nissan are known to last, inexpensive to repair and maintain a decent resale value if properly cared for. All in all. This is a fantastic car and I think I am a Nissan customer for life. P.S. Really good in the snow, climbed a 50 foot and pretty steep hill with 5" of snow and all season tires. BOSS!"

Terrific value--Nissan has a winner in this one

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, affordable, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior colors limited, upgrade for options"

"I purchased my 2014 Altima SV in December of 2013 and absolutely love it. I traded in a 2005 Maxima with 130K. Opted for the convenience package and was well worth the extra cost(moon roof, rear seat vents, fog lights, remote start,etc.) There was quite a difference between the smaller 2.5 engine in my new Altima and the larger engine in my former Maxima. Smaller engine is acceptable but notice the lower HP when passing and accelerating. Nissan Altima comes in many models and was somewhat surprised to find normal standard options (on some cars) only available on the SV or SL models. Average mileage is 33-36 mpg and easily achieves a gas tank range of 550-600 miles. SV comes with 17" tires which handle well in snow and mud, far superior to the 18" tires on my former Maxima. Transmission noise is noticeable upon acceleration but is not annoying. Seats and interior are very comfortable. Instrument panel is set up efficiently and easy to read. Nissan utilizes a highly-visible white color for the gauges but still has a prevalent orange theme for night driving. Speedometer (like most of the new cars) can be hard to view when driving with a right hand on upper part of steering wheel. The SV model is well equipped with high tech options. The SL model has even more as well as leather seats (I prefer the cloth). The audio in the SV is adequate but those requiring superior sound will only find it in the SL model (9 Bose speakers). In comparing various same-size sedans, I found the Altima to have superior room (huge trunk space), excellent gas mileage and priced most competitively. If considering an Altima I would highly recommend upgrading to the SV or SL models. There is substantial difference in the features over the S model. Would also suggest the convenience pkg as well as the navigation pkg--good additions for a little more money."

awesome car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "looks and rides great ,great gas mileage"

"real nice car , looks and rides great for a four door car, great gas mileage ,4 cylinder motor has plenty of power .I considered a Honda Accord , but the Altima was a better car"

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

Best car I have owned

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, drive, room, interior"

Cons: "squeeky breaks and no key fob charger lol"

"I recently traded in my 2009 Nissan Altima for the 2013. I absolutely love it. It is by far the best one I have owned. Better engine, more power, sleeker look and great gas mileage. Yes some say the engine is loud but for those that haven't owned a CVT engine will say that. I think that the engine in this one is much quieter than the one in my old one. There is also much more room in this one was well. I love that more comes standard in this model than years past. It was more than worth it to trade up. It does come with the bumper to bumper warranty so if something does go wrong they will fix it. No car is perfect and there are some out there that aren't as great as others but that is why you do your research and test drive more than once. I am a Nissan girl so there was no other choice for me!"

The best I ever owned and I'm 38.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, style, value of extras, acceleration"

Cons: "I had it for 2 weeks, none yet"

"Head turning, tinted glass rolled down for people to see and exceeding my wildest expectations. I owned camrey, Tacoma, explorer, Hyundai accent, mercury cougar, and Honda odessey this by far the most complete vehicle I stumbled across. I never had so many people ask me about the price and how spacious it is. The best in my military career of purchasing cars. You won't be sorry!!!!"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Handles nicely, smooth ride"

Cons: "Fuel sensor malfunction"

"I have owned this vehicle for around 3 months now. I traded a 2012 altima for the purchase of this vehicle. I have had one minor issue with a fuel sensor however overall this is a great vehicle. I have read reviews and spoken with owners who have not had such a good experience with their vehicles but I must say that I have not experienced any problems with the drivetrain or other features the vehicle has to offer. It has a smoother ride and handles much better than the 2012 that I previously owned. I am happy with my choice and I would recommend this vehicle to a friend. I love the interior and it has a great deal of room with a spacious trunk which is multi-funtional."

WOW, can u call this an Altima?

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Primo Primo Primo"

Cons: "nothing i can think of"

"This is not an Altima! my lease was up and i got another Altima or did I? this car is primo baby! everything feels expensive. the dash, the gear, the look, the seats, the drive. I thinks the other reviews are on target. this is by far the best mid size sedan ever created. I don't review cars, I don't blog and I don't write period. But something compelled me this time to do this. this car worth it and I want you to know that. TJ"

By far the best choice in mid size cars!

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "MPG, ride, fit and finish . . ."

Cons: "Lots of data in manuals, but not user friendly"

"My wife primarily drives this car. She says it best . . . "Nicest car we have ever owned!" Can't review the reliability since we have had it so short of a time. Build quality is top notch. No cheap plastic feel like the Toyota Camry we did own or the 2012 Camry out now. CVT feels a bit iffy at slower speeds, but after you get above 6-10mph, it is smooth as can be. Nissan has an unusual time frame for "maintenance", ie oil changes (3,750)' but a spreadsheet can keep me organized with the time the oil needs to be done. Can only compare this to other new cars we have owned . . . Chevy Malibu, Ford Taurus, and two Toyota Camry's. Without a doubt, more bang for your buck and above the others in fit and finish!"

vibration machine

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "great front seats, good handling,very good mileage"

Cons: "vibrations, small visors"

"It is a low level vibration that I half feel and half hear, but it drives me crazy. And it is getting worse. I have read online of others with this problem. It occurs at gentle acceleration. I bought the car new. First it was a little difficult to get it to occur on purpose. I took it in and they reprogrammed the transmission. It got a little worse and they replaced the alternator. At 15,000 miles I took it to a different dealer and they said that the vibration was characteristic of the constantly variable transmission. I was ready to accept this verdict and try to decide whether to sell it or not. I am sensitive to vibrations, but usually keep cars 10 - 15 years, so I am not looking for perfection. Now it is getting bad enough that it is bothering my wife who is usually not bothered by little noises in cars. And early on, my 21 year old son asked what the vibration was when he was sitting in the back seat. The vibration occurs under light acceleration, so it occurs almost every time I start from a stop as well as other times of light acceleration at speed. In cruise control it now occurs every time the engine accelerates with small variations in terrain. I am going to give Nissan one more chance to fix it and then, if they don't, investigate the lemon laws in MA to see if that will help. Otherwise, I am probably getting rid of the car. One other minor complaint is that the visors are too small unless you get a car that is fancier than my 2.5S. If you are tall and put the seat way back, the visor does not protect your eyes from sun from the side of the vehicle. The fancier models have a visor that extends. I did kind of solve the problem with a visor extender that can be bought on line."

Traded in a 98 Altima for the 2013 Model

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Features, MPG, Style"

Cons: "None."

"I had 275k on my 98 Altima, traded it in for the features, MPG and expected reliability of the 2013 Altima. Everything I expected and more in the first 8000 miles."

Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Cons: "Loud Annoying Whine from power steering pump 2013"

"Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine audible to all in the interior. Very Annoying Factory engineered problem dealers can't fix. Owners must complain in mass to force Nissan to recall and fix. Write a review everywhere, let's muster the troops!"

Purchased car new 6 weeks ago

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Excellent looks, Mileage and comfort."

Cons: "The dealer can not fix their cars......."

"I purchased this car on September 13, 2013 and the auto start feature has not worked still to this day. It has been in the shop 5 times and I have had a rental for 12 days of the 6 weeks I have owned it, in order for the dealer to fix it. I have Multiple Sclerosis and the Auto Start feature is manditory for me to own the car. I have to have the temperature under 80 degrees in the car or I get light headed and could pass out. This is why I purchased the SV model. It is the most amazing car for looks, and gas mileage. I averaged 48 miles per gallon on a trip from Idaho to California. It drives like a dream and I would love to keep it but the dealer can not fix the car. Corporate is not willing to do anything and I have never had a dealer sell a car that they are not willing to sell that works to perfection. Or at least fix it so it works every time. Nissan is Worthless at helping me and the Buena Park Nissan Dealer isn't willing to make it right. I will NEVER PURCHASE A NISSAN EVER AGAIN.... Buyer beware. The 2013 Nissan Altima is the first model ever to offer Auto Start. So they are new to auto start. But it is manditory for me to have it work or I can not drive it on hot days. And in Orange County it has been in the 80's to 90's since I bought the car."

Comfortable and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, quite"

Cons: "radio does not light up at night"

"After battling Nissan to replace my Lemon 2013 Sentra; they put me into a 2014 Altima. This car is extremely comfortable and quite while on the road. (I know that was one of the changes for 2014) I also had the dealership put Nitrogen in the tires which increases comfort.When I went to fill up the dashboard said I was getting 513 miles for a full tank! This car is the 2.5 SV model loaded. (Minus navigation) The sunroof is perfect for FL living. The brakes are amazing and will stop the car fast. The only concern I have is that the radio lights will not light up during the night.(with the headlights and fog lights on) I get a lot of compliments and people can't believe how quite it is. I am very happy with the car."

THE BEST FOR LESS

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT PRICE GREAT CAR"

Cons: "HAVE NOT FOUND ANY"

"THIS IS MY FIRST NISSAN AND IT CHANGED MY MIND ON CARS THIS ALTIMA SL IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I BOUGHT GREAT GAS MILAGE RIDES AND HANDLES GREAT I TRADED MY MERCEDES IN AND THE BEST MOVE I MADE I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THIS CAR FEELS LIKE A MILLION AND COST PENNEYS BUT MOST INPORTANT LOTS OF QUALITY GREAT WORKMANSHIP PUT INTO THIS CAR GREAT WORK NISSAN DOC LASVEGAS NV"

Great car!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Great look, CVT, Seat"

Cons: "don't have usb or large screen"

"Got a super blk/Charcoal 2.5S. Everything was really nice and just completely love the CVT!!! absolutely no jerk and the driving was really smooth. The seat is much more comfy than other mid-size cars I've tried. Really just love it!"

best car deal on the Raod today

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "everything has been imrpoved"

Cons: "Prefer small wheels over larger ones"

"I am 64 years old and have owned just about all types of cars and several trucks . I do my own work normally and love a quality product . I have owned Hondas , Toyotas , and Nissans plus the American cars . I notice when large improvements have been made over a particular model compared to previous years . This new 2013 Altima is by far the most improved Car over previous models I have ever seen . Virtually everything has been improved . The paint job is way better , the body style , the quietness , the comfortable seats , the performance , the gas mileage , the interior , the electronics , the transmission , . The list is a mile long . Naturally you may prefer one type car over the other . Nothing wrong with other types . The market is flooding with quality machines . But this car is drastically improved , it is the quality of Lexus , or something much more expensive . Plus if you get it on sale and low interest rates you simply can not believe the deal . it is like I am driving a 40,000 car I only paid 25 K for . The 3.5 SV has the cloth seats which I absolutely love , I get about 32 road and about 25 average around town . It blows the American cars out the window for the price ."

Love my Altima

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, good price, roomy, stylish,"

Cons: "none so far"

"This is my first Nissan purchase. So far I am very happy with my new Altima. I have read a lot of reviews both good and bad. I took a chance on getting this car despite what some people have said. I am glad I went ahead and purchased the car. I find the car to be stylish, roomy, and getting good gas mileage. I do not have any major issues with the car. I love the push start with intelligence key. I am very happy and would recommend a test drive for anyone who is thinking about this car. Do not pass up a test drive on the negative reviews you have read. This car is not for everyone and all cars have some kind of fault in them. As long as the car starts and gets me to where I need to be that is a positive for me."

Very noisy and too many issues for a new car.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "The bad outweighs the good"

Cons: "Way too many to list here, read review."

"If you are looking to spend $$$ and become a lab dummy for Nissan, this is the car for you. I purchased the 2013 Nissan Altima 2 months ago with a trade in (2009 Nissan Altima). My old Altima was gold compared to the new car. From the second day after taking it out of the dealership, there was loud whining noise, enough to scare you while driving. Took it back to the dealer, who thought it was the steering pump. After replacing the steering pump,the whining sound still was heard. Serv. manager said he tested it thoroughly. Anyways, additional repairs included AC pipe alignment, brake squeaking loudly at 200 miles, and center console sticking, the car is still noisy. I drove rental cars more than my own NEW car. If you purchase this vehicle, be prepared to hear the word, "Unfortunately" a lot from the dealer and service agents . Being a loyal Nissan loyal customer, I expected more from Nissan and will not be patronizing them in the future. My experience was also shared by folks who complained on NHTSA about the 2013 Altima. Do your research before purchasing this vehicle,otherwise you become part of the lab rat team like the current owners who consistently at the service shop for service issues. Needless to say, very dissatisfied."

Love my new Altima

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Show to my friends and they want one."

Cons: "At this time no comment"

"I look and drove the Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu, and when I did the same with Look Altima I fell in love with it. The Comfort and handling is great only drove it now 225 miles average mpg 29.3 around town stop and go to store etc. can't wait to drive it home to Florida in October, I am now in Ct. Looking for a long term with this car..."

update 1 yr of ownership

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,comfort, options"

Cons: "cvt transmission,first year model has flaws"

"I traded my 2011 Altima for 2013 Altima about 1 yr ago. I bought a 2.5 SL, and really do love all my options and comforts of the car. However during this year of ownership there have been some issues. I had to have my altenator replaced at 15k no cost to me warranty covered,heated seat issue(not fixed till nissan finally said there was an issue)now they work great,I find that the doors make funny noise almost like they are misaligned. All dealership did was grease the doors. My advise to anyone buying a any car. DONT BUY A FIRST YEAR OR FIRST YEAR REDESIGNED WAIT TILL FOLLOWING YEAR!!!"

Great on gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, styling, steering, and dependable."

"I've owned numerous Nissan vehicles including a 2007 Altima. the interior of the Altima in my opinion is better than the Maxima. Yes I owned one of those (Fuel economy stunk and had to purchase premium gas. The altima's body style is awesome and the steering is very smooth. Fuel economy is great since I drive an hour each way to work."

Good car, comfortable seats, no problems.

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Good price, comfortable on trips. good mileage"

Cons: "A little noisy on hard acceleration"

"Bought it new. Average mileage is 34.5 with mostly in town driving. Between wife and myself we have owned 9 Nissans since 1982 and have been pleased. 2 Grown children all have Nissans, and between them have owned 9 Nissans also. No, we do not own a Nissan dealership or own any stock."