2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,670 - $21,644.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

So far so good!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, ride, seats, back up camera"

Cons: "None yet!"

"Read some reviews on this car and was a little concerned, took the car on a trip and averaged 39.5 mpg at 70mph thats pretty amazing for a larger midsize car! My over all mpg is 32mpg in the city all the time. For the new CVT transmission jury is still out on that one, time will tell had a little shudder at a very low Rpm once but hasn't happened again maybe the rpm' s are too low at a low speed to pull this large car but it only happened once. Love the features that come with the SV model, has an awesome ride on the hwy very smooth and quiet the 4 cylinder moves the car with ease on the highway and the seats are very comfortable,makes this car great road trip car!"

Good Vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Great all around car."

Cons: "Wind noise from the side mirrors"

"This vehicle would be great if it was not for the wind noise coming from the outside mirrors. I have taken it in several times and they can't fix the problem."

My 1st nissan

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "none so far after 6 months"

"just want to start saying this the first nissan i have ever purchased. i was always a ford customer. i have been driving this car about 6 months have had no issues. my wife has a 2012 ford fusion sel with a v6 i cannot ride in her car for a long period of time as i become very uncomfortable in my altima comfort is not a issue gas mileage fusion averages about 26 in city altima about 34 highway fusion about 32 altima 39 the interior is much quieter in the altima power the altimas 4 has better acceleration than the fusion the altima is a better selling price point than the fusion can go on but so far no complaints about about my altima. there are more good things i could say about this car but i think you understand love my altima ps have to teenage boys and there is plenty of room for them in backseat"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great buy on a car that is as good as my Lincoln"

Cons: "None for me"

"This is the most fun I have had in a long time. Love all the standard comforts and the ride. Just got back from 1200 mile trip WOW 41 MILES Per gallon for real Better then my Lincoln hybrid If you like a comfortable ride great fuel economy and want most creature comforts this is a great valu"

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

About average for the class

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reason: mileage

Pros: "Style, good value"

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable neck supports"

"The Altima I owned was a pretty nice car overall. The main complaint is that it never achieved the EPA mpg ratings advertised. If you use the car's computer to calculate mileage it looks like you are getting what is advertised. However, if you perform your own calculations based on miles traveled between fill ups I always ended up about 5 mpg below what the computer calculated. I am not a lead foot, btw. The car is attractive inside and out and I had no reliability issues while I owned it."

My dream car!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and very fun to drive!!!"

Cons: "Really nothing."

"I wanted this car for 2 years and it's finally mine! I love everything about it inside and out! It's the perfect car for me like it was custom made!"

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

"I bought my Altima in July 2013 now have 8,000 miles on it. Test drove both engines 6 and 4 but preferred the 4 over because get better gas mileage and rides more like a car in horsepower. This car is best in being comfortable its great in quality. Handles smooth with impressive ride love controls pretty amazed on nice touches. Heated seats, audio system, blue tooth, rear/moving object detection camera all works absolutely great on car. Interior is very quiet what I like about this car is how have the vehicle information display setup right at speedometer on everything from maintenance warnings and fuel economy so much featured best without looking down at electronics as radio, blue tooth when having text sent off my phone at the hands free phone system. Overall luv my car after having for 8 months now the best new car purchase ever made one of my favorite vehicles in purchased for 32 years doing my new car buying experiences."

Dramatic upgrade of a solid vehicle

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, heated steering wheel, key start"

Cons: "None found yet"

"Have admired the styling upgrade for the past year and after much consideration of alternatives, I am very happy with the Altima ! Wow factor in full force with SL model, in all categories, value, tech, economy, connivence, performance , and safety. Most of all I love how it looks and drives. Based on past reviews I'm looking forward to many satisfying years of service."

Good, not amazing.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "good drive, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "weak body metals and paint, relatively boring"

"I traded in a 2011 Altima for the 2013 and just about expected it to be marginally better. The driving is firm and sporty, yet comfortable. In sum, the 2.5 litre is capable and I average 31 mpg as stated on the sticker. It's pretty boring compared to other offerings, but that's not a bad thing to some people. My main issue is with the exterior paint and metal. The paint chips and the doors dent easily (due to my fault for parking next to careless people) but still I expected it to hold up somewhat. I've already had to use the rust warranty for the trunk because the metal piece was causing the paint to wear off underneath it and rusting (on a 2013 car in 2013). Also having a black (kh3) Altima doesn't help disguise the exterior flaws. In the end I enjoy it, but I won't be sad when I move onto the next Altima or car."

Excellent Car

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Nav/Computer/XM Radio, Materials, Quality, Value"

Cons: "Needs Position Memory(s) on the Power Seats.."

"Personally I'm very pragmatic and drive the bottom of the line value vehicles into the ground. But, I got this 2.5SL w/4cyl for my wife. She drives only in the city and rarely gets on the highway. Her Heavy footed city driving is getting 25/26 mpg consistently. We have Zero(0) complaints with the Altima. No rattles, strange noises.. Nothing. Never been back to the shop - I probably should take it back to see if there are any recalls or anything, but everything seems perfect and I can change the oil. This machine is extremely well built and contains lots of nice materials. It just feels right - and nothing in it feels cheap. It has so many features that we still haven't figured all of the NAV/XM and computer read outs. We're learning.. This thing has so many features to tie into our iphones, text messaging etc.. that it will be entertaining if we ever go on a long trip. Anyway Very Nice, seems quicker than our old V6 Maxima - and I would certainly buy another one - but probably not for 10-15 years. I just sold her 92 maxima to the junk yard because I crashed it into a bridge - and the junk yard bought it because the engine and transmission were still good."

WOW great car.

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I own 2011 Nissan Frontier, and on March 3 2013 I went to a Nissan dealership to oil change and come back with 2013 Nissan Altima. Now I have 2 Nissans. I tell you soon is get in this car I knew I will buy this car but I didn't tell a dealer anything, after I test drive I told him lets do the paper work now. I had 2002 Nissan Maxima that I sold 3 month ago, car had 165000k on it. Great car.And now I have great Altima. I put 500 miles and stiil have about 2-3 gallons in tank. Interior can compet with cars like Lexus and Acura."

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Nav is great . Seats are great."

Cons: "Wind noise from drivers side window."

"Great car smooth quiet ride. Two problems . 1) Wind noise coming from drivers window. This happens when you go above 65 miles a hour. 2)Windshield wiper fluid nozzles. Sometimes it works sometimes not ."

Very nice car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "dependability and good on Gas"

"Great gas mileage, nice riding car, easy controls, easy to read and see, love the look of the parking lights on the lower valance and how they show up at night,also like the option for two drive slection's, reg (D )and (Ds) to boost your power on take offs. a very good price for a car that is much cheaper than luxury cars out there in the same class."

Nice looking car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "blind spot warning, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs cooled and heated seats,"

"Purchased an 2014 Altima 2.5 SV with all the bells and whistles. Gas mileage is excellent, comfortable inspire ''zero gravity seats'', navigation system, remote start button, Bose and Nissan connect system, blind spot warning, heated front seats, xenon headlights, automatic on/off headlights, steering controls with Nissan drive advanced assist system, rear view backup camera, sunroof, roomier interior and sharp looks on outside. The car has some of the best handling, smooth quiet ride, visibility is overall perfect, 8 beverage cupholders, just a more high tech vehicle in a better value. 4 cylinder engine is amazing excellent in performance for a midsize car as Altima. Its a great vehicle besides the Accord and Camry. I'd recommend the Nissan over both vehicles having more quality features."

Very comfortable and lots of room!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "The USB port doesn't connect to my ipad shuffle."

"I am a mother of three and while I loved my old car, I didn't have room for all three of my littles ones so we were consistantly driving our minivan which is very big and doesn't have great gas mileage. I wanted a sporty car that got good gas mileage, was comfortable to drive for trips and that all three of the kiddos could fit in booster seats...ta da...the Altima! I love this car! The heated seats and remote start are great during the winter and my whole family is able to take a trip together all while we get over 32 miles per gallon!"

This is our 3rd Altima!! I love them!

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Sharp car, love the factory car starter"

Cons: "Sun Visors are too small"

"Just turned in our 2010 Nissan Altima SE with 85,000. The only thing I had to do with it was put new tires on it because we drove them off of it! We obviously changed the oil every 3000-6000 miles. We traded our 2010 for the current 2013 which we just purchased in Decemeber of 2013. This vehicle was a certified vehicle. I love to drive this vehicle, the salesman say's this car gets better gas mileage then the 2010. The 2013 is roomy, the interior is like a space ship! The only CON I can list is the sun visors are too small. Great car!!"

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

I'm a stay at car Mom :)

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Convenient"

Cons: "Price"

"In today's world I'm not a stay at home Mom but stay in my car all day. From school to soccer to swimming to the house to friends to dinner and on and on....with this car I can say that it's a little better. Fun like the others said but also convenient. Open the trunk and doors with the keys in my purse the whole time. I might not be a good comparison since I always opened Kia and Hyundai I'm new to this luxury level of cars... All and all I recommend."

Love This New Altima

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Price, interior, performance, look."

Cons: "Was not able to get GPS with the SL. coming later."

"As soon as I saw the 2013 Altima at the car show I knew we were gonna get one. We had a 2009 Altima SL loaded and it was nice but now we have the 2013 Altima SL and we love everything about the redesigned Altima. We were thinking I getting the Maxima or the Infinity G series until I saw the 2013 Altima and our decision was made. Unless you are stuck on the status of saying I have a Infinity, you will love this car. My wife and I like everything about it."

i'm in love

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Wife approved"

Cons: "CVT make a little noise - i dont care!"

"This is my first Altima. after years of loyalty to my Accord my father in law convinced me to switch, boy i never thought i would say this...i love him but more than anything i love my new drive. thinking back, this all time i was driving reliable car but not fun and not as smooth of a ride. With my new Altima i feel as if i can have my cake and eat it too!!! shocks are amazing (even my wife said so:), the car is fast as a rocket - 4 cil 2.5 SV and i cant say enough about the seats. i want those seats in my house infront of my TV!! i kid you not, this car is the best car i have ever owned, hands down."

Forget my wife's Lexus!!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Suspension, Tech, Handling, very comfortable"

"my wife has the 350 Lexus sedan 2011, this car is so much better of a drive! better than the Infiniti i traded for this car. the CVT is smooth and the suspension is far superior than anything i have driven before. amazing tech and crazy speed. i work and drive long mil, those zero gravity seats are out of this world. Love IT!!!!"

Lovethe car

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Admiring the car in my driveway

"This is my first Japanese car. I have been a GM fan all my life (20 vehicles). And i must admit i am really enjoying the car all around..The looks, the feel the comfort and most of all the fuel efficiency."

Admiring the car in my driveway