2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,167 - $21,134.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 225 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

I love my Altima

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "no nav weather/and nav traffic voice alert"

"This is my second Altima. A 2013, I've had it since April. I like the upgrades to the interior a match to any of the luxury cars on the market.. The seats are very comfortable. I have the 3.5 SL V-6 fully loaded with all the options, bells and whistles. I like that there is a screen just above the gas gauge where you can read your text messages although I have not yet figured out how to do that. A smooth ride. If you're looking for speed the V-6 has just what you need. Good gas mileage city and highway. I'm on the highway 5 days a week. that's where most of my mileage is from. I'm still undecided as to which body style I like better but this years model is beautiful it is a head turner. It's bigger, longer, wider, roomier and much more comfortable than the preceding models. Test drive one and you'll fall in love the very first time."

Excellent Automobile

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, Very comfortable ride"

Cons: "No problems yet."

"I bought a new 1995 Nissan Maxima. I sold it in fall of 2012 with 280,000 miles and it is still on the road. Needless to say I then bought a new 2013 Altima SV and have put 7500 miles it. I have taken it for general service(oil change..etc) twice with no issues and I have no complaints to date."

fabulous, fun, quality

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, well made. beautiful!"

Cons: "NONE!!!"

"dont understand the negative reviews at all. own the 3.5 sl since april,and unless its a whole different animal than the lower end versions, dont get it. just returned from a trip from new jersey to north carolina and back. not one problem. no vibrations, strange sounds, pulling, nothing. Just a smooth, quiet, luxurious ride. extremely well made, quality vehicle. my 5th nissan in 20 years and never had a problem with any."

Love my new Altima

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Show to my friends and they want one."

Cons: "At this time no comment"

"I look and drove the Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu, and when I did the same with Look Altima I fell in love with it. The Comfort and handling is great only drove it now 225 miles average mpg 29.3 around town stop and go to store etc. can't wait to drive it home to Florida in October, I am now in Ct. Looking for a long term with this car..."

Love my new Altima!

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Exterior/interior styling, gas mileage"

"I traded in my 2012 Altima SL for the 2013 SL due to the many upgrades, improved gas mileage and redesigned look. I loved my 2012 Altima, but I couldn't be more happy with my choice. I've read several complaints focused on the CVT, but it really does take some getting use to. I previously owned a 2010 Nissan Sentra with the CVT as well so this is my third vehicle with this type of transmission. It is definitely a different driving feeling and sound but has always proved reliable."

DANGEROUS CAR ON HIGHWAY!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "BEAUTIFUL CAR"

Cons: "HIGHWAY HANDLING, PRICE, DEALERSHIP RESPONSIVENESS"

"This car is beautiful and drives OK at city street speed, but.... once you get to highway speed it is DANGEROUS!"

Worst car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy interior and horrible pick up"

"Leaky moonroof, stereo screen looks scratched, knocking sound in front right end, gas mileage not as stated, loud cabin"

Great car!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Great look, CVT, Seat"

Cons: "don't have usb or large screen"

"Got a super blk/Charcoal 2.5S. Everything was really nice and just completely love the CVT!!! absolutely no jerk and the driving was really smooth. The seat is much more comfy than other mid-size cars I've tried. Really just love it!"

I was shocked

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "None I could see"

Cons: "See my review"

"Did my research and Consumer Reports rated Altima very high so took one for a long test drive. I thought I was driving another car it was so bad. Very loud, terrible ride, engine bucked going up a slight hill, lousy interior. Thank God for test drives! Returned to library and discovered I had looked at last year's Consumer Reports so looked at this year's Consumer Reports and now they have Altima way down on the list!"

Total disappointment

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Not a bad looking car"

Cons: "Nissan has a loser"

"Took car for a test drive and was shocked at how it could be rated so high. Miserable ride and can feel every slight bump in the road and very loud. Had to hold onto the steering wheel otherwise it'd pull left and right. Cheap looking interior. CVT is weird and I prefer a regular transmission. Going to look at other cars."

Great car inside and out...excellent gas mileage.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "styling, fuel economy,"

Cons: "none noted for a 4 cylinder car"

"I traded in an Infiniti M45 for this car and love it. On the highway, I got 39.5mpg which is nearly 800 miles on one tank of gas. Around town and commuting I average about 32.5mpg. Gas mileage was increased a bit by utilizing synthetic oil. Overall, the car runs great and has lots of advanced features. 2.5L engine, while not fast has plenty of go so I don't miss the 8 cylinder as much."

Cons: "MANY"

"Made a huge mistake. Took car for a short test drive then signed on the dotted line. Slight wind pushes car all over the road and it pulls constantly to right or left. Engine skips under a slight load, ie, up a slight hill, terrible vibration had to have 2 rims replaced. Slight bumps in road are felt not only in steering wheel, but throughout the interior. This car is a real piece of junk. Going to trade it very soon!"

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

Extremely Happy with Altima

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxury inside and out"

Cons: "Wind noise from driver door,window"

"I have had my Nissan Altima 3.5 SV for one week now and I am in love with it! It has such a high end look inside and out. Lots of bells and whistles, so I am still getting use to them and do not know everything the car is able to do! The only complaint so far is there is a noise of wind from the driver side door, so need to find out what is causing it. Overall I would highly recommend this car ...it's a sure head turner!!!"

Upgraded from 2010 Altima

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Value, technology, MPG, fun to drive"

Cons: "Sunglass holder too small."

"In Oct of 2012 I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a Buick Verano on a whim and want a mistake that was. 2 months later I traded it in for another Altima SV with Convenience and Navigation. I could not be happier. I liked my 2010 Altima, but I absolutely love the new one. It is comfortable, convenient, the MPG is great...I cannot think of anything negative to say."

Lemon law- new CVT major problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: Lemon Law

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "1st year for the CVT, many are lemons"

"Nissan has agreed to buy my car back, though still fighting on the details. Transmission problems from day one, dealer(s) kept denying even though I had video proof. Finally transmission went completely out. Looks good, great MPG, but corporate has been a pain as have the dealers, I'd like the last year of my life back!"

My video

CVT failure (end of video)

Liked the 2013 3.5 SL so much we bought a second

By on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, classy, comfortable"

Cons: "No passenger power seat"

"I previously owned a 2007 Altima 3.5 with nav. It was a gem to drive and never in the shop. So wehn the redesign came out in September I had to trade up. I got $17k trade in on the 2007 and it had 46,000 miles, so the trade in va;lue on these are very good if you keep it clean. All of the reviews of the CVT are true, you either have to like it, hate it or get used to it. Since I was already used to it, the best thing about the 2013 CVT is that they improved it to add it as if it were shifting through seven gears. The paddle shifter is even better if you like the actual feel. Now, I have to admit, we have had some CVY issues that took it back to the dealer. At 20 mph, the CVT has a slight but irritating hesitation. Nissan noted that nothing was wrong with it but their mechanics did agree that it was hesitating. I am told that a programming fix for this is in the works. If you like to drive fast from a traffic light, the 3.5 is your car, very fast from a start, even better when passing on the interstate. It doesn't whine and it knows to go when you ask it. I've read the previous reviews regarding the Altima nav system. After test driving the Fusion,I was immediately dismissed by its confusing layout and buttons. The Accord and the Optima and the Sonata's nav screen is an inch larger but to me, the response on each was slower. It would be nice if the Altima had a shiels to block incoming light but overall, it was responsive and user friendly. The Bluetooth system is also easy to use and is not noisy when making calls. Overall, the mileage has improved a few miles over the older Altima. Averaging around 24 with a good mix of interstate and stop and go driving. Long trips are a breeze either driving or as a passenger. The new front seats are the most comfortable then any in its class. I like the car so much we decided to buy a second one. The only other drive I liked was the Sonata. Yes it's a few thousand less but it's not as sporty as the Altima and doesn't have the Blind Spot or Lane Change warning system. I give the 3.5 Altima high marks"