2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,219 - $21,170.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 237 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

My favorite car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Read my reivew"

"I own a 2013 Altima S (2.5). Black/Blue color. I had to give my son my 2002 Acura TL to get back and forth to school and work. I loved that car. Needless to say, I had to look for a new car that was good on gas A MUST. I got the S since I'm not into HiTech screen displays, multimedia etc...in the car as I don’t spend too much time in it. I wanted a good car that drove nice and good on gas. The styling inside is very sleek. I like the chrome detail which some people may not care for. Seats feel deep which I like but you can raise the chair up. The car would be ideal for very tall people, which I am not. I feel very safe in it and it does not have a "tin" feeling. Solid car tht can play with the best of them. The car has guts. She's got moxy. Drives very nice for mid-size sedan with great handling. luxurious feel while feeling sporty. Best bang for your buck staying in a reasonable budget for luxury. If you have soda pop money and can't afford a Lexus, this will suffice. I've read people complain about the CVT, but once it cruises is very quiet. Don't even notice. The car is very easy over bumps. This does not have your typical gears; D, D1, D2, D3. It has D and Ds since the transmission does not change gears. Some people may not like in bad weather (snow/ice) for lack of control over the gears for them that want such. For comfort, I gave a 7. The seats are very nice and comfy with the zero gravity and lots of room. The only thing that bothered me was the headrest, for me the driver. It tilts forward, and makes my head need to lean forward at the neck. I try to correct by leaning the seat back to adjust. Other than that, very comfy. I hear people make remarks over the camera (backup) in the other models. These are Drive Assists to help and aide, not to watch movies. These are to aide driving, not do it for you. Me, I trust my own eyes. I’ve been driving since I was 17 and am now 43. I don’t need blind spot, lane departure or cameras, I’ve been hit by idiots though which these features do ZERO in that respect. Some people like these tid bits and I do respect the technology that it is there for people that like this. The car is very good on gas. I drive 33miles in total to work."

HIGHLY Disappointed

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Great Pearl White Color"

Cons: "Loud Obnxious Noise from the Power Steering."

"Ive never owned or driven a Nissan, but Ive been a passenger in plenty of them and they seemed ok, but overpriced just like everything else out there. When Toyota sold me a wrecked car they were passing off as "certified", I went and traded it in and the salesman showed me this. Honestly, I only took this car because I was NOT taking home the car I was lied to about. This car was fine up until about 300 miles when it started this HORRIBLE and LOUD whining, humming, whistling noise. I took it to the shop just now and they said this is "normal" and nothing they can do about it. Well, it wasn't making the noise when I first drove it, and seeing other reviews here, its definitely some sort of design flaw. The noise is so bad it literally gives me a headache! The car is ok, some what comfortable, gas is ok, noise is horrendous and this in my opinion is not a $30,000 car (which is my final payment after interest). I have a video of it, I will try to get it posted sometime."

2nd Altima

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Reliability, Comfort, Fun to Drive,"

Cons: "MUTE button for all commercials playing"

"I had a 2005 with a manual transmission, had 245,000 miles on it and the only thing that I had to replace was the alternator, the reason I had to get rid of it was because I was rear ended and the seats started making a squeaking noise that I could not tolerate so I researched and test drove all the "mid-size" cars out there, needless to say, all felt boring to me, even the new Altima, the first one I test drove had that whine (it was a 2013), got it as a rental and put over 2000 miles on it so I got the entire feel for it. Once the 2014 model came out, test drove it also and the steering noise was gone. I became interested, got the 2014 model and have been really happy with it, 42+ on 10 hr trips, all around mpg is 34.5, not from the car but the aCar app. At 44,000 miles, the only thing that I have had to replace has been the air filters (engine and AC). Took some getting used to the CVT because I really liked my 5-speed but now I can honestly say that I like it. I know other people that asked me about my experience, they had older Altis also and now they are driving around in brand new 2015 Altimas.... Could not be happier, well I could but would be really broke...."

great car. could not be happier

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

Pros: "comfort, economy, transmission, roomy"

"I bought new may 2014. I was not looking for a Nissan but the test drive sold us. The most comfortable car we drove. Absolutely love the CVT transmission. We average 37 MPG on trips and about 27 MPG in town. have 17,500 miles on it so far nothing but praise for this car. First Nissan I have ever owned..I'll write another review when the car gets a little older but so far fantastic..."

good value for the money

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"i like this car very much,except for the ride over bumpy roads even with the tires 1 lb less than recommended.very peppy and responsive,even without the paddle shifters."