2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,242 - $21,073.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Bought it for gas mileage - very disappointed

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfy ride"

Cons: "Poor mpg, under powered, soft handling"

"I traded in a very nice 2007 Altima 3.5 SE on this 2013 2.5 SV because the 3.5 was only getting 21-22 mpg in my mixed 125 mile daily commute. I thought if the 2.5 could average just a few mpg better than the 27 mpg "city" EPA rating it would save enough gas to pay for the difference in the monthly payment. So far I have only managed 26-27 mpg, which is certainly better than the 3.5, but nowhere what I expected from a car with a 27/38 mpg rating. The seats are slightly more comfy than the old Altima, but they certainly don't live up to the "zero-gravity" hype. The ride is noticeably softer than the SE (as you would expect), which make for a more comfortable ride, but also gives up much of the great handling that the SE offered. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept the 3.5, with that fantastic VQ35 engine, sweet handling, upgraded interior, bose sound system, and navagation system. In other words, I blew it..."

Chock full of noises

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Fair price, nice interior, nice features"

Cons: "Noisy CVT, noisy power steering, mpg too low"

"Have owned a maxima and Altima in the past. This model is by far the worst of all. Morse code whinning sound any time going below 20mph coming from power steering, wind noise from driver's window at highway speeds, and growling CVT at around 1500 rpms. The gas mileage is not even close to the EPA sticker of 27/38/31. Only getting 23 mpg. Nissan has no fix for the whinning power steering. Brought In four times with four Nissan Customer Affairs case #s and no resolution. Nissan has a lot to correct in this vehicle to compete with Accord, Fusion, Camry or even the Mazda6. Heavy advertising in Northeast recently. Must be having problems selling 2013 Altimas. No wonder! Better correct flaws of this vehicle or Nissan is going to fall way behind the competition. RECALLS SHOULD BE THEIR PRIORITY NOW TO RETAIN CONSUMERS AND SELL CARS."

It is a very good car.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I have this car for 4 months, drive smoth, confortable from chair, save gas like my old toyota corolla. It is a value car which is a lot of function put in and cheaper than same camry and accourd. I like the designe from in & out. I only have a trouble for a few time fix the front parking led light(left and right), I think dealer has found it what is trouble come from. It is OK now. There is a little bit noise come from side window. I chosed SV, it is a very valued car, mostly cover function which is I want it, there isn't LED daylight only and the front signal light show front, it is hard to see from side. So for safety, pick up SL, there is signal light on side mirrow and you need pay more. Good Luck for everyone."

Best car I have owned

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, drive, room, interior"

Cons: "squeeky breaks and no key fob charger lol"

"I recently traded in my 2009 Nissan Altima for the 2013. I absolutely love it. It is by far the best one I have owned. Better engine, more power, sleeker look and great gas mileage. Yes some say the engine is loud but for those that haven't owned a CVT engine will say that. I think that the engine in this one is much quieter than the one in my old one. There is also much more room in this one was well. I love that more comes standard in this model than years past. It was more than worth it to trade up. It does come with the bumper to bumper warranty so if something does go wrong they will fix it. No car is perfect and there are some out there that aren't as great as others but that is why you do your research and test drive more than once. I am a Nissan girl so there was no other choice for me!"

The best I ever owned and I'm 38.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, style, value of extras, acceleration"

Cons: "I had it for 2 weeks, none yet"

"Head turning, tinted glass rolled down for people to see and exceeding my wildest expectations. I owned camrey, Tacoma, explorer, Hyundai accent, mercury cougar, and Honda odessey this by far the most complete vehicle I stumbled across. I never had so many people ask me about the price and how spacious it is. The best in my military career of purchasing cars. You won't be sorry!!!!"