2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,167 - $21,134.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 225 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

MPG may be overstated...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "cup holders are a bit small"

"I have to say, I love my Altima! However, it is rated at 38mpg on the highway and I have yet to achieve that. I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday on country roads going about 60-65mph. Even with that and minimal in-town driving, I average about 34mpg. I have tried going 50-55mph on my way to work but that doesn't do really anything but make other drivers irritated. Other than that, it is a great car and very economical for what you get. I plan to put well over 100,000 miles on it unless I get a craving for a newer car (:"

Coming from a former pick-up owner

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, build quality, cargo and passenger space"

Cons: "Road noise, backup camera, lack or power"

"To put this into perspective, I owned a 96 and 01 Ram and then a 13 Silverado. I purchased this car for the fuel economy, cabin size and trunk space. I never thought I'd own a car let alone a foreign car. I must say however, this car is absolutely fantastic! Given there are some problems, as there are with any vehicle on the market. The backup camera is a bit fuzzy, the cup holders aren't adjustable, the glasses holder don't fit my Oakley's and the CVT makes a lot of noise. HOWEVER, this is the closest I came to a proper luxury car without paying the high luxury price and this is really the best looking car in its class. The fuel economy is amazing, the seats are luxurious, the interior is superb quality and the Bose sound system will definitely get you some dirty looks in quiet neighborhoods. There is a bit of road noise for what you would expect from a car like this and the engine makes a constant quiet but high tone whine from the stainless steel belt in the CVT. The steering wheel does look and feel a bit cheep which I think is a set back due to it's the real connection you have with the car, nothing sets the tone like a comfortable and fat leather wrapped helm to make you feel like you're rolling down the lane in a Rolls Royce, this feels more like an old Honda but when you look down at the bright white dials and feel the leather cushioning in the seats then it won't bother you anyways. Now that was a bit negative so lets go to the positive notes. I live in gloriously cold Canada and nothing is more annoying than sitting in a cold car. Well, Thank you Nissan, the auto climate knows if the car is cold and turns on the heat and defrost with the remote start...AWESOME! The fuel economy is amazing, I actually enjoy looking at the average fuel economy data now and I really do manage to get the manufacturer rated and even better economy, if someone says it doesn't get it then they need to stop driving like its Nascar, and I'm 23 so I don't exactly drive like a grandma myself. The trunk is MASSIVE, I managed to fit a full size snow shovel, all my groceries and my dive gear in the trunk all together (yeah I do winter diving in a wet suit, take that Florida divers!). The back seat is massive, I'm 6'3 and I fit back there, however there could be about an inch or two more headroom. The GPS is extremely accurate and very detailed in directions. The ride is firm but comfortable and controlled, you don't feel like you're driving a boat. All features on the car are simple, easy to customize and friendly. And, as bad as it sounds, you get a lot of jealous looks from people driving down the street in this car. Mine is all black with all the chrome and it is a really slick looking car. Plus Nissan are known to last, inexpensive to repair and maintain a decent resale value if properly cared for. All in all. This is a fantastic car and I think I am a Nissan customer for life. P.S. Really good in the snow, climbed a 50 foot and pretty steep hill with 5" of snow and all season tires. BOSS!"

Quality car

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage in and around town. Comfortable."

Cons: "Owners manual doesn't show u where oil drain is"

"Great looks and excellent mileage. Can't beat the overall value."

2nd Altima

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Reliability, Comfort, Fun to Drive,"

Cons: "MUTE button for all commercials playing"

"I had a 2005 with a manual transmission, had 245,000 miles on it and the only thing that I had to replace was the alternator, the reason I had to get rid of it was because I was rear ended and the seats started making a squeaking noise that I could not tolerate so I researched and test drove all the "mid-size" cars out there, needless to say, all felt boring to me, even the new Altima, the first one I test drove had that whine (it was a 2013), got it as a rental and put over 2000 miles on it so I got the entire feel for it. Once the 2014 model came out, test drove it also and the steering noise was gone. I became interested, got the 2014 model and have been really happy with it, 42+ on 10 hr trips, all around mpg is 34.5, not from the car but the aCar app. At 44,000 miles, the only thing that I have had to replace has been the air filters (engine and AC). Took some getting used to the CVT because I really liked my 5-speed but now I can honestly say that I like it. I know other people that asked me about my experience, they had older Altis also and now they are driving around in brand new 2015 Altimas.... Could not be happier, well I could but would be really broke...."

HIGHLY Disappointed

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Great Pearl White Color"

Cons: "Loud Obnxious Noise from the Power Steering."

"Ive never owned or driven a Nissan, but Ive been a passenger in plenty of them and they seemed ok, but overpriced just like everything else out there. When Toyota sold me a wrecked car they were passing off as "certified", I went and traded it in and the salesman showed me this. Honestly, I only took this car because I was NOT taking home the car I was lied to about. This car was fine up until about 300 miles when it started this HORRIBLE and LOUD whining, humming, whistling noise. I took it to the shop just now and they said this is "normal" and nothing they can do about it. Well, it wasn't making the noise when I first drove it, and seeing other reviews here, its definitely some sort of design flaw. The noise is so bad it literally gives me a headache! The car is ok, some what comfortable, gas is ok, noise is horrendous and this in my opinion is not a $30,000 car (which is my final payment after interest). I have a video of it, I will try to get it posted sometime."