2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,659 - $21,354.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 50 miles.

10/8.5

7.7

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

good value , goes like spit!!

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "great style'many compliments !great stereo,mp3 ."

Cons: "miss the moveable arm rest on earlier models!"

"after many (6)Nissan altimas I had to try the v6!same no height adj on the passenger seat and a definite "firmer" ride on rural roads.mileage is as expected,wish it was better,wife complains about seat height,she has to sit on pillow to see out.she is 5ft 2in!!time for another 4 cyl,maybe a turbo this time,ive had them too!"

Great looks, great comfort, great fuel economy

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Great looking car and interior, at least for me, is the best of the mid size sedans. Great driving car both local and long distance. Incredible fuel economy for a car this size. A good amount of my diving is open road (80%), and I never get less that 35-36 MPG average on a tank of gas. When traveling long distance on the highway between new england and maryland, I can easily get 40 MPG if I keep my speed down to around 70MPH. At 80 MPH steady state, I average around 38-39 MPG. I noticed a lot of complaints about driveline vibration. This is "normal", the shift program for the transmission is operating the engine at absolute lowest revs to maximize fuel economy according to throttle setting and speed. For me, it's just a reminder that the car is working to make sure I get the best fuel economy possible. I realize that not everyone is going to be able to accept such an arrangement. My hyundai sonata does the same thing at low road speeds once it shifts to top gear and the converter lock-up kicks in, although the period of vibration is shorter than the altima. It's the price for really good fuel economy, at least for now."

Very comfortable and lots of room!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "The USB port doesn't connect to my ipad shuffle."

"I am a mother of three and while I loved my old car, I didn't have room for all three of my littles ones so we were consistantly driving our minivan which is very big and doesn't have great gas mileage. I wanted a sporty car that got good gas mileage, was comfortable to drive for trips and that all three of the kiddos could fit in booster seats...ta da...the Altima! I love this car! The heated seats and remote start are great during the winter and my whole family is able to take a trip together all while we get over 32 miles per gallon!"

reoccurring airconditioner blower motor problems

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "comfortable to drive"

Cons: "they need to keep trash out of the ac"

"my 2013 Altima has been a let down. this is our 3rd Altima. it has been it the shop five times in ten months with 19000 miles on it. Nissan has replaced the ac blower motor three times and cleaned it out twice. they say leaves are getting in and messing up the ac motor causing it to become loud. the computer had to be reprogramed once when the check engine light came on. the passenger air bag has a weight sensor that tells it when to be on. we had it check twice. it still does not work properly. but we get 31 mpg on average and it handles well during normal driving."

Looks good but noisy

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, many perks for $$$"

Cons: "new transmission and bracket replaced under 16000m"

"Car looks good and has nice perks like remote start, push start, seat and steering wheel heater. At 15000 miles there is a high pitch noise on the passenger side, nissan said a steering bracket would need to be replaced. Also alot of noise from under the car, nissan said the transmission needed to be replaced. So far I like the look, feel and perks but not sure if this is going to be a lemon in the long run."

This is our 3rd Altima!! I love them!

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Sharp car, love the factory car starter"

Cons: "Sun Visors are too small"

"Just turned in our 2010 Nissan Altima SE with 85,000. The only thing I had to do with it was put new tires on it because we drove them off of it! We obviously changed the oil every 3000-6000 miles. We traded our 2010 for the current 2013 which we just purchased in Decemeber of 2013. This vehicle was a certified vehicle. I love to drive this vehicle, the salesman say's this car gets better gas mileage then the 2010. The 2013 is roomy, the interior is like a space ship! The only CON I can list is the sun visors are too small. Great car!!"

Vibration and noisy drive train

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features for the money"

Cons: "Noisy engine and vibration from CVT"

"At about 5000 miles I started noticing the engine making a noise that sounded like the engine was "lugging". The noise progressively got worse and I could make it happen all the time by feathering the throttle and keeping the RPMs at 1500. At about 7500 miles I started noticing the vibration from the CVT. Under light acceleration at city or highway speeds I can feel and hear a vibration in the drive train. Now my fuel mileage has started to decrease. When the car was new I could consistently get over 40 mpg on the highway. Now I'm only getting 33 mpg. I took the car to the dealer and was told the noise and vibration are normal. Seems to me that I would of noticed the problem when I first got the car if it were normal. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Nissan. It's really a shame that Nissan would produce a car with such obvious problems because otherwise it would be the best car out there in its class. It has a lot of good things going for it but in my opinion the cons out weigh the pros. If I had to do it over again I would not buy this car."

Luxurious but noises and vibrations

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I have owned this car since June 2013. It has been very reliable. The seats are comfortable, the Bose system and the navigation is great, it looks beautiful inside and out. Good gas mileage. However, the noise and vibrations from the engine is unacceptable! Noisy upon slow acceleration and a vibration is felt in the steering column and the seat cushion. Too bad, this would have been the perfect car! Had 2 other Nissans and I loved them. Can't wait till this lease is over!"

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."

vibration machine

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "great front seats, good handling,very good mileage"

Cons: "vibrations, small visors"

"It is a low level vibration that I half feel and half hear, but it drives me crazy. And it is getting worse. I have read online of others with this problem. It occurs at gentle acceleration. I bought the car new. First it was a little difficult to get it to occur on purpose. I took it in and they reprogrammed the transmission. It got a little worse and they replaced the alternator. At 15,000 miles I took it to a different dealer and they said that the vibration was characteristic of the constantly variable transmission. I was ready to accept this verdict and try to decide whether to sell it or not. I am sensitive to vibrations, but usually keep cars 10 - 15 years, so I am not looking for perfection. Now it is getting bad enough that it is bothering my wife who is usually not bothered by little noises in cars. And early on, my 21 year old son asked what the vibration was when he was sitting in the back seat. The vibration occurs under light acceleration, so it occurs almost every time I start from a stop as well as other times of light acceleration at speed. In cruise control it now occurs every time the engine accelerates with small variations in terrain. I am going to give Nissan one more chance to fix it and then, if they don't, investigate the lemon laws in MA to see if that will help. Otherwise, I am probably getting rid of the car. One other minor complaint is that the visors are too small unless you get a car that is fancier than my 2.5S. If you are tall and put the seat way back, the visor does not protect your eyes from sun from the side of the vehicle. The fancier models have a visor that extends. I did kind of solve the problem with a visor extender that can be bought on line."

So far so good!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, ride, seats, back up camera"

Cons: "None yet!"

"Read some reviews on this car and was a little concerned, took the car on a trip and averaged 39.5 mpg at 70mph thats pretty amazing for a larger midsize car! My over all mpg is 32mpg in the city all the time. For the new CVT transmission jury is still out on that one, time will tell had a little shudder at a very low Rpm once but hasn't happened again maybe the rpm' s are too low at a low speed to pull this large car but it only happened once. Love the features that come with the SV model, has an awesome ride on the hwy very smooth and quiet the 4 cylinder moves the car with ease on the highway and the seats are very comfortable,makes this car great road trip car!"

Comfort, zip, smooth, quiet, great handling.

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "luxury with zip, comfort, great MPG-love everythin"

"The 2014 Altima is very comfortable. The interior is luxurious, the seats are wonderful. The exterior is awesome - a looker. I bought the 2.5 S and it is plenty car for me.I traded my 2013 Rogue for the Altima and the gas mileage rocks! The trunk space is big. The ride is smooth and quiet. Pure luxury. Perfect car with lots of room. I absolutely love, love, love it!"

Pour Some Lemon On Me!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Power, Fuel Economy, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Unreliable, Cheap interior"

"I am expecting a new child so I had to upgrade my vehicle from the 2012 Nissan Juke to a larger car. After much debate I chose the Altima. I liked the styling and the features for the price. I wish I knew that I was going to have problem, after problem, after problem. I started having transmission problems about 500 miles into the vehicle. The car sputter/judder/trembles at random times while shifting at low RPMs. I thought this was odd so I drove it another 100 miles hoping the issue would "work" itself out. No dice. Took it into Nissan and they serviced it no problem. "Reprogrammed" the transmission they told me. Ok. I drove it out of there and thought the issue fixed. Nope. It is still stuttering but different. It is not as pronounced and happens more randomly. Took it to Nissan to have it repaired and they couldn't "recreate" the issue. Now I have to take it back in a 3rd time. I am having a sour taste in my mouth. :("

Can't beat the milage & comfort for the price

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "milage, comfort, safety, price"

Cons: "durable?,noise?,options raise price,limited colors"

"I've seen near 50MPG, but expect around 40 freeway. Center console is peeling/bubbling slightly. I've had some fan and cabin noise, and I've not figured that out yet as it comes and goes. At times the car seems to get blown from left to right on the freeway. Nissan will try to sell you extra stuff (warranties, coatings, etc.). I'd avoid them. There are too many thing too list in 50 characters that I like about this car."

Good Vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Great all around car."

Cons: "Wind noise from the side mirrors"

"This vehicle would be great if it was not for the wind noise coming from the outside mirrors. I have taken it in several times and they can't fix the problem."

Purchased car new 6 weeks ago

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Excellent looks, Mileage and comfort."

Cons: "The dealer can not fix their cars......."

"I purchased this car on September 13, 2013 and the auto start feature has not worked still to this day. It has been in the shop 5 times and I have had a rental for 12 days of the 6 weeks I have owned it, in order for the dealer to fix it. I have Multiple Sclerosis and the Auto Start feature is manditory for me to own the car. I have to have the temperature under 80 degrees in the car or I get light headed and could pass out. This is why I purchased the SV model. It is the most amazing car for looks, and gas mileage. I averaged 48 miles per gallon on a trip from Idaho to California. It drives like a dream and I would love to keep it but the dealer can not fix the car. Corporate is not willing to do anything and I have never had a dealer sell a car that they are not willing to sell that works to perfection. Or at least fix it so it works every time. Nissan is Worthless at helping me and the Buena Park Nissan Dealer isn't willing to make it right. I will NEVER PURCHASE A NISSAN EVER AGAIN.... Buyer beware. The 2013 Nissan Altima is the first model ever to offer Auto Start. So they are new to auto start. But it is manditory for me to have it work or I can not drive it on hot days. And in Orange County it has been in the 80's to 90's since I bought the car."

OK....but some weird issues.

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Great looks in and out. Great MPG. Large back seat"

Cons: "CVT . Weird Auto headlamps. Bang 4 Buck"

"Purchased new for my wife. She loves it but it did/does have a few issues. There was a fluttering sound coming from the hvac vent , had to tear dash apart and fix...after the 3rd trip back to dealer. Headlight are always on (not day running lamps) while in "auto mode" and everyone claims this is normal??? Gets great MPG city and HW but the CVT drives me nuts (thank God I dont drive it often) Again, my wife loves it but I feel there are better deals out there for 30k for a 4 cyl auto."

Nothing to apologize for; just a good car!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, very good MPG"

Cons: "More of a logical purchase than an emotional one."

"I've put over 35,000 miles within a year--the most I've driven ANY car for the same time period. Very good, effortless, highway cruiser...the V-6 is strong and very efficient (averaging about 32 MPG on the highway) haven't had to worry about merging into highway traffic. The exterior styling is nice in the current, flowing Japanese sedan style language, but almost too anonymous. Interior space and design are well thought-out and reasonably roomy (for those under 6' at least); and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Even though it's not a sport sedan, the Altima with the 3.5 does respond well to spirited driving on some of the back roads in South Texas."

awesome car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "looks and rides great ,great gas mileage"

"real nice car , looks and rides great for a four door car, great gas mileage ,4 cylinder motor has plenty of power .I considered a Honda Accord , but the Altima was a better car"

Traded in a 98 Altima for the 2013 Model

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Features, MPG, Style"

Cons: "None."

"I had 275k on my 98 Altima, traded it in for the features, MPG and expected reliability of the 2013 Altima. Everything I expected and more in the first 8000 miles."

THE BEST FOR LESS

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT PRICE GREAT CAR"

Cons: "HAVE NOT FOUND ANY"

"THIS IS MY FIRST NISSAN AND IT CHANGED MY MIND ON CARS THIS ALTIMA SL IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I BOUGHT GREAT GAS MILAGE RIDES AND HANDLES GREAT I TRADED MY MERCEDES IN AND THE BEST MOVE I MADE I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THIS CAR FEELS LIKE A MILLION AND COST PENNEYS BUT MOST INPORTANT LOTS OF QUALITY GREAT WORKMANSHIP PUT INTO THIS CAR GREAT WORK NISSAN DOC LASVEGAS NV"

I love my Altima

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "no nav weather/and nav traffic voice alert"

"This is my second Altima. A 2013, I've had it since April. I like the upgrades to the interior a match to any of the luxury cars on the market.. The seats are very comfortable. I have the 3.5 SL V-6 fully loaded with all the options, bells and whistles. I like that there is a screen just above the gas gauge where you can read your text messages although I have not yet figured out how to do that. A smooth ride. If you're looking for speed the V-6 has just what you need. Good gas mileage city and highway. I'm on the highway 5 days a week. that's where most of my mileage is from. I'm still undecided as to which body style I like better but this years model is beautiful it is a head turner. It's bigger, longer, wider, roomier and much more comfortable than the preceding models. Test drive one and you'll fall in love the very first time."

Excellent Automobile

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, Very comfortable ride"

Cons: "No problems yet."

"I bought a new 1995 Nissan Maxima. I sold it in fall of 2012 with 280,000 miles and it is still on the road. Needless to say I then bought a new 2013 Altima SV and have put 7500 miles it. I have taken it for general service(oil change..etc) twice with no issues and I have no complaints to date."

fabulous, fun, quality

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, well made. beautiful!"

Cons: "NONE!!!"

"dont understand the negative reviews at all. own the 3.5 sl since april,and unless its a whole different animal than the lower end versions, dont get it. just returned from a trip from new jersey to north carolina and back. not one problem. no vibrations, strange sounds, pulling, nothing. Just a smooth, quiet, luxurious ride. extremely well made, quality vehicle. my 5th nissan in 20 years and never had a problem with any."

Love my new Altima

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Show to my friends and they want one."

Cons: "At this time no comment"

"I look and drove the Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu, and when I did the same with Look Altima I fell in love with it. The Comfort and handling is great only drove it now 225 miles average mpg 29.3 around town stop and go to store etc. can't wait to drive it home to Florida in October, I am now in Ct. Looking for a long term with this car..."