2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,404 - $21,335.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good midsize automobile for the money

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "style, performance, fast, quiet, affordable"

"needed a car real bad as thought couldn't afford an newer car my last vehicle drove was 1992 Chrysler 5th Avenue finally retired. I am in my mid 50s so have owned quite few vehicles over the decades bought me an 2014 Altima 2.5sv pretty much love this car on everything. Its comfortable, love the new looks of it handles very great includes heated leather seats, blue tooth, steering controls, Bose stereo system. This car rides excellent it seems much safer on highways with best features ever from lane departure warning and blind spot. Interior is very quiet being a midsize car worth every penny on a perfect price I paid buying this car exterior color is beautiful in cayenne red metallic which makes have an more sportier style to car. 4 Cylinder engine has lots of performance faster, smooth ride, excellent acceleration from the continuously variable transmission its effortless in making car have a best ride on highways. I drove a 21 year old vehicle that was so reliable but retired at nearly 289,000 miles so thought with my budget wouldn't be able to afford a car but when looking my shining red Altima 2.5sv at the showroom lot it wasn't bad driving off in my first brand new car in years because its the best affordable automobile ever bought."

Beautiful nice looking car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, stylish, controls"

Cons: "needs heated and cooled cup holders"

"I've owned my Altima for 2 months been enjoying this vehicle so much with having great handling, rides like a Cadillac, love the features PROS: Bose sound, navigation, Nissan connect system and Bluetooth, remote start access, comfortable heated seats in ''Zero gravity position''. Gas mileage is between 30-38 mpg gets with a 2.5L engine. Its a joy driving this vehicle from being excellent in more solid ride gives me and Nissan Driver Advanced Assist center is optional best have all the features setup perfectly while driving better as don't have to worry taking my eyes off the road I have everything right in front my face the NAV, audio, cruise control, maintenance warnings, can set the color of what the car is outside, steering controls are best with advanced assist center and radio system. ID call is best too with Nissan advanced display with everything else. This car is much more safer with lane departure center, blind spot warning, rear camera, turning signals, low tire pressure monitoring as alerts me when its time to fill up for air. I just love this car it was worth every penny in all the books and records includes the 2.5 SV with technology package. Know I won't be trading vehicle anytime soon as don't keep cars for like 2-3 years either trading or leasing glad purchased the car to keep for a long time until looking at something else don't think its going to be possible."

Extremely Happy with Altima

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value, luxury inside and out"

Cons: "Wind noise from driver door,window"

"I have had my Nissan Altima 3.5 SV for one week now and I am in love with it! It has such a high end look inside and out. Lots of bells and whistles, so I am still getting use to them and do not know everything the car is able to do! The only complaint so far is there is a noise of wind from the driver side door, so need to find out what is causing it. Overall I would highly recommend this car ...it's a sure head turner!!!"

2013 NISSAN ALTIMA SL 126 MILES

By on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great MPG, comfort"

Cons: "at 126 miles non yet"

"This car offers the smoothes ride out of any sedan out rite now. Extremely comfortable leather seats with great adjustments to the drivers side. Bose system sounds great with the integrated XM radio free for 3 months. The SL is a luxury car with great value ($25800 negotiated)"

Love it

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Love the car, and had nothing wrong... everyone wants this car that I have shown it to."

Outstanding

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

"I completed loads of research on this vehicle, including conversation with a Nissan engineer. Tested numerous hybrids, mid size non hybrids, the car was head and shoulders better than anything on the road in the price range. Looks higher end, both inside and out. After 2000 miles love the ride, handling, MPG ave 33, seats ARE all that, most comfortable drivers car seat I've ever had, overall good fit and finish. Heading down hill the CVT 2.5 takes some time to get used to. Strange feeling with increasing RPM. The 4 banger delivers strong passing power on flats and up hill. Enjoy!"

CVT ISSUES otherwise very nice car

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Exterior and interior design, gas mileage"

Cons: "Noise and vibration extremely high"

"I have owned my 2.5 cv for one month and already it's been back to the dealer 3 times for the same lugging and vibration noise issues which I experiece on light throttle acceleration from a stop at around 1500 rpm. I have lodged a complaint with Nissan Customer Care and have been assigned a Regional Specialist to my case. In my first conversation with the specialist, I was imformed that Nissan is aware of this problem and is working on a more permanent solution. Meanwhile, Nissan is having serpentine belts and belt tensioners replaced in an effort to alleviate noise and vibration. Yesterday my vehicle was oufitted with the new belt and tensioner. I did noticed a fractional noise reduction but the swap did not significantly alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, Nissan is attempting to address the symptom not the root source of the problem... that being the CVT programming. With a simple CVT reprogram offered to those of us who are sensitive to the lugging noise and vibration, Nissan could make this issue disappear practically overnight. Instead Nissan is trying "band aid" fixes like belts and tensioners, presumably, in an effort to keep their EPA estimates intact. At the same time they seem to be abandoning longtime loyal customers. This is an otherwise extremely nice automobile if it were not for the CVT issues and I am hopeful Nissan wakes up and gets serious about resolving this very annoying and frustating issue at once before potential owners start looking elsewhere in this very competive market and before frustrated owners start bailing out."

Nice Looking, Noisy Car

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Having driven the 2013 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 5,000 miles now I have some things to say. I have taken the car back to the dealer to address some issues. They are as follows: 1) Acceleration through 1,400 rpms is rough, the transmission seems to struggle creating a noticeable rumbling/vibrating sound which you can hear in the car. The dealer says that is normal for the 4 cyl. 2) The power steering assist motor is loud and you can hear a whirring sound inside the car. The dealer says that is normal. 3) Sitting at a stop light the car sometimes vibrates and shakes not violently but enough to notice. I drove a 2009 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 3 years and loved its smooth ride so much I was sold on the new model’s better looks but now I miss the 2009’s smooth ride. The gas milage is better and it does ride smooth under and over the 1,400 rpm range. One mechanic suggested I use premium gas to alleviate the vibration/rumbling around 1,400 rpm but that did not help. The issues above take away from the positive features of the car. For Nissan the issues above should be unacceptable and should be fixed."

I've had a great experience wit this car

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Great comfort, great mileage"

"I've bought this car more than anything for the MPG it offers. After driving it in a couple of 400 + miles trips I must say I am impressed. Its has a very smooth and quiet ride that is only complemented by the comfort of the new seats on the 2013 model. So far I can only say good things about this car."

Excellent car!!!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Interior, seats, sound, bluetooth, low noise, mile"

Cons: "None so far."

"I bought 2013 SL 4 cyl model 10 days ago, had long drive for about 700 miles and about 600 local miles. I luv the seats design, even after long drive my back was in good shape. Nice interior, great bose sound and excellent bluetooth quality. Low noise. An avg I get 38 in local and on highways avg was about 42 mpg. And being 2013 owner, I see people have an eye on my car."