2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,619 - $21,327.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Excellent Car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, comfortable and fuel efficient."

Cons: "Slight vibration issue at idle."

"It looked good from the outside, but I tested this car with the expectation it would be lacking in terms of comfort and performance. Nope, I was pleasantly surprised. I've driven the car 1,000 miles so far and the seats are as comfortable as they claim, the ride is smooth unless you hit the worst kind of bumps, the car looks great and feels really solid. The 4cl engine is surprisingly peppy and provides enough power to not make you feel you are compromising for the sake of fuel efficiency, and boy, does it deliver fuel efficiency! My one (slight) negatives is the vibration when you idle is distracting (the hood is visibly vibrating, I keep thinking the hood is going to spontaneously open). All in all a fantastic car, I would definitely recommend."

Nice Looking, Noisy Car

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Having driven the 2013 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 5,000 miles now I have some things to say. I have taken the car back to the dealer to address some issues. They are as follows: 1) Acceleration through 1,400 rpms is rough, the transmission seems to struggle creating a noticeable rumbling/vibrating sound which you can hear in the car. The dealer says that is normal for the 4 cyl. 2) The power steering assist motor is loud and you can hear a whirring sound inside the car. The dealer says that is normal. 3) Sitting at a stop light the car sometimes vibrates and shakes not violently but enough to notice. I drove a 2009 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 3 years and loved its smooth ride so much I was sold on the new model’s better looks but now I miss the 2009’s smooth ride. The gas milage is better and it does ride smooth under and over the 1,400 rpm range. One mechanic suggested I use premium gas to alleviate the vibration/rumbling around 1,400 rpm but that did not help. The issues above take away from the positive features of the car. For Nissan the issues above should be unacceptable and should be fixed."

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

This car rocks.

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

"I did my homework and studied all thecars out there, this one had the best bang for the buck."

See if you qualify for