2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,541 - $21,272.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

not so great as it's reviewed!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "nice design and well put together"

Cons: "chubby ride average fuel Economy!"

"Mine is an SL with Nav,package have it for one mount and drove 1100 miles.it's one of the best and most revamped 4 cylinder car that i have had.maybe because it's a 2013 it's very well designed the ride is kind of sporty(bumpy and noisy) the CVT is working fine the interior is well put together ,Bose sound system and Navigation are working good. the fuel consumption is not even close as is claimed by Nissan so far best combine 26.7 Mpg!!!based on 35-40 in city and 60-70 on HWY Dealerships are kind of plain looking no fun while you are waiting for service there is not even a free WI-FI service which you've get it anywhere in this days!!a Coffee machine and few bottle of water and some chair nothing exiting!?and you think you are driving a brand new top of the line $ 30.000.00 car. My Brand new car was delivered with one key they have lost the second set and had to Waite 2 weeks to get the new key!I purchased the car with some optional package like Splash grads and trunk cargo net but they wear not installed on this car from the Factory so they did ordered these parts for me and i am still waiting to get them !?at dealer they are saying the parts are on back order and must wait longer!!I am just about to make the first payment... I am missing my Lexus which I've trad it for this one to get better fuel economy and kind of smaller payments!!! hope it was not a mistake!?"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Handles nicely, smooth ride"

Cons: "Fuel sensor malfunction"

"I have owned this vehicle for around 3 months now. I traded a 2012 altima for the purchase of this vehicle. I have had one minor issue with a fuel sensor however overall this is a great vehicle. I have read reviews and spoken with owners who have not had such a good experience with their vehicles but I must say that I have not experienced any problems with the drivetrain or other features the vehicle has to offer. It has a smoother ride and handles much better than the 2012 that I previously owned. I am happy with my choice and I would recommend this vehicle to a friend. I love the interior and it has a great deal of room with a spacious trunk which is multi-funtional."

3.5LSL

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "nice looking car,all show no go."

Cons: "poor CVT design, wind noise"

"this car has got to have the worst drivetrain design. the CVT has been replaced, heated seats improperly wired , loud wind noise. the CVT was relaced at 500 miles due to a shudder now with 1000 miles on it it is shuddering again. nissan has no clue how to fix seems to be a software issue. look around at all reviews and complaints on the new CVT before buying. i would spend my hard earned money elsewhere."

Best Altima Yet

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Efficiency, Safe, Convenient"

Cons: "Short list of compatible phones. Needs fw update!!"

"I read all the reviews about the "noisy" CVT transmission, but I've had my 3.5 SL for about two months with no issues. My last car was a 2007 2.5 SL and the new CVT runs better than my older car. I fell in love with this car during the test drive. This car is attractive, sporty, fuel efficient, and extra comfortable. The BSW and LDW are excellent safety features for those who have a lot of interstate or city travel. I'm usually a stickler for the minor details, but my car is the smoothest car I've ever driven. I do hope Nissan is able to address the problems some people have with the CVT performance."

A big disappointment

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Interior is comfortable and attractive."

Cons: "Transmission, mileage"

"If the transmission were only noisy, I could live with it. But the car struggles to get going at low speed and the gas mileage isn't at all what it's reputed to be. When the car was brand new, we drove 150 miles on the highway and got 40 mpg! After that, it was recalled for a computer error that was endangering the drive belt. Since then, the highway mileage is down to 30 and in the city we get 18. We chose this car over the Camry, Accord, and Sonata specifically for the claimed gas mileage. I have taken it to two different Nissan dealers who admit it's noisy but can't or won't do anything about it. A Nissan rep in Tennessee called me; he was sympathetic but couldn't do anything except suggesting that I try yet another dealer. This car was not ready to be put on the market. In addition to the transmission issues, which Nissan knows about, the rear brakes had to be replaced almost immediately because they squeaked so badly. Also, the passenger side airbag doesn't activate every time. When it doesn't activate, we have to turn off the engine and restart. The dealer told me it was perfect."