2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,242 - $21,073.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love this car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great buy on a car that is as good as my Lincoln"

Cons: "None for me"

"This is the most fun I have had in a long time. Love all the standard comforts and the ride. Just got back from 1200 mile trip WOW 41 MILES Per gallon for real Better then my Lincoln hybrid If you like a comfortable ride great fuel economy and want most creature comforts this is a great valu"

nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "price, gas mileage, features, looks, roomy"

Cons: "material of the cloth seats"

"I have around 1800 miles on my Altima now. I have read all the good and negative reviews on the vehicle. After reading the negative ones I did pay attention to what everyone was saying about the car. I do find the car to be a litte noisy but not as bad as some people say. The car is very quite inside blocking out a lot of road noise which I feel contributes to being able to hear the engine more. I have driven a Honda Accord and the road/wind noise in that car is very bad. I do hear a tiny noise in the power steering when backing up only. You have to really listen to hear it. I feel if you dwell on the noise is why some people find it bothersome but to me it is not that bad and lasts only a few seconds. I am suprised this car even had power steering you do not find that in many cars. I like all the features in the car. The gas mileage is amazing. I am averaging 38.7 miles per gallon. Overall the car to me is wonderful and I have had many cars. There will be fault in every car. It just depends on what you find more bothersome than others. I have yet to find a 4 cylinder car that is not a little noisy."

Love This Car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, High Quality Materials, Fun to Drive."

Cons: "NONE"

"This is my 5th nissan,(3rd Altima) and by far the best. I have the 3.5 SL. Extremely luxurious, never sat in such a comfortable car seat. Drives like a dream, fast. Love the CVT. Beautiful Car!"

Terrible experience

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Reason: Worst car I've ever owned

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "Worst car I've ever owned"

"Bought based on Consumer Reports review. Chief auto tester came from Nissan. After review he went back to Nissan. Latest C R review has car way down on list. Worst car I've ever owned. Engine is loud and and skips under slight load, dealer says this is normal, terrible ride, slight wind pushes car all over road and is dangerous, cheap interior, upholstery wrinkles easily, 3 rims were egg shaped causing severe vibration. Traded for Ford Fusion!"

Good, not amazing.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "good drive, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "weak body metals and paint, relatively boring"

"I traded in a 2011 Altima for the 2013 and just about expected it to be marginally better. The driving is firm and sporty, yet comfortable. In sum, the 2.5 litre is capable and I average 31 mpg as stated on the sticker. It's pretty boring compared to other offerings, but that's not a bad thing to some people. My main issue is with the exterior paint and metal. The paint chips and the doors dent easily (due to my fault for parking next to careless people) but still I expected it to hold up somewhat. I've already had to use the rust warranty for the trunk because the metal piece was causing the paint to wear off underneath it and rusting (on a 2013 car in 2013). Also having a black (kh3) Altima doesn't help disguise the exterior flaws. In the end I enjoy it, but I won't be sad when I move onto the next Altima or car."