2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,203 - $21,158.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Yes! big time score:-) :-) :-)

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "value, mpg, cool drive, and....the seats:-)"

Cons: "I need to share with my 17 years old son."

"I hate buying cars. Everytime after I buy a car, I see another car and wonder...Is that car better deal than my car?? Not this time, I feel that I made the best deal for my $$. I'm happy to see that other folks feel the same. Great deal Nissan, thank you so much for the fun drive."

My Favorite car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I've had lots of cars, including BMW 5 series, Audi s4, A6, and this one is the nicest one with the lest trouble to own. Handling is as good as I need, and acceleration is super, there at any speed. The interface in the electronics is very good, except for the voice recognition...a bit slow, and repetitive. BUt it's a beautiful and very comfortable, quiet car, with lots of muscle. Oh, and did I say 29mpg average?"

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Stiil great car

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Great loocking car."

Cons: "I have model S, no fog lights they are very help."

"I left my review a year ago, car had about 1000 miles, now it has 10000 and still great car with a great gas mileage and performance. Just want to tell people who complain about noise, try Ford or Chevy or other vehicles with same tape of engine and you will experience same noise."

RECALL

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "Auto up pasgr window, touch screen, push to start"

Cons: "CVT Transmission Malfunction, small door poquets"

"I love the look of the car inside and out. I love the features and the feel of the car at higher speeds. Unfortunetly, after only 26000 miles and less than 9 months with my Altima SL I had to get a new transmission. You can feel the troubleshooting while parked, first and second gear."