2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,404 - $21,335.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

fabulous, fun, quality

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, well made. beautiful!"

Cons: "NONE!!!"

"dont understand the negative reviews at all. own the 3.5 sl since april,and unless its a whole different animal than the lower end versions, dont get it. just returned from a trip from new jersey to north carolina and back. not one problem. no vibrations, strange sounds, pulling, nothing. Just a smooth, quiet, luxurious ride. extremely well made, quality vehicle. my 5th nissan in 20 years and never had a problem with any."

Best value for your money...

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Graet price, Interior quality, Exterior looks."

"I have always preffered Nissan vehicles. No major issues with the Altima. There were two recalls on the vehicle in late 2012 for steering bolts and computer programming. Recalls are always expected with first year vehicles. My brother own a 2012 Camry which drives well but the gas mileage is not as good and do not get me started on the cheap plastic all over in that Camry. Test drove a 2012 Sonata ( cheap plastic and drives like a boat). Overall Nissan makes a keepers and not best resellers. If you want a resale get a Honda or Toyota, but if you are a driver and enjoy driving, Nissan is a way to go."

Early but Love it!

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Value, MPG, Interior, Coolness factor"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet"

"I bought a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S on the 12th of May. I went in to drive a KIA Optima and Forte but I had a hard time getting comfortable in the KIAs as I am 6'4". No issue with room in the Altima and I even have to have the seat up a bit from max so I can reach the pedals and steering wheel. This car drives so well, it feels like a much more expensive car. I have had a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora and it was a great driving experience, this Nissan is better. Gas mileage has been 35 combined since I got it and I get 580 miles to a tank, a far cry from the 230 I was getting per tank in my Saturn Vue AWD. Seats feel great, love the bluetooth connectivity and tons of leg and head room in the back for my teenagers. The CVT is a different feel and has taken some getting used to as you don't feel the car shift. I will get used to the MPG I am getting by having it and it has plenty of get up and go. You will find folks who will complain about anything, my suggestion would be to drive it for yourself and if you don't like it, look at something else. Nissan's have always been one of the most reliable on the planet and I don't see that changing anytime soon."

Nissan is going down the Hill...

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Only Looks"

Cons: "Starting Delay, interior, engine/CVT & wind noise"

"I had 7 nissan that includes Xterra,Murano, Altima, Versa, Maxima, Sentra and pathfinder..They all have quality issues. I just bought 2013 Altima SV, sorry to say shouldn't have bought it..Worst Nissan ever i have owned, 1/ Starting delay..2/Steering noise..3/Loud engine noise..4/interior is noisy in cold weather..5/ after 60 miles you have to hold the steering wheel with both hands..6/ im averaging 24.5 MPG in city thats bad..Interior lights blows out..have to turn on and off 2 to 3 times to bring it back on. Shame on Nissan for building this kind of car specially Altima Nissan's hot cake.."

Lemon law- new CVT major problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: Lemon Law

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "1st year for the CVT, many are lemons"

"Nissan has agreed to buy my car back, though still fighting on the details. Transmission problems from day one, dealer(s) kept denying even though I had video proof. Finally transmission went completely out. Looks good, great MPG, but corporate has been a pain as have the dealers, I'd like the last year of my life back!"

My video

CVT failure (end of video)