2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,462 - $21,222.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Upgraded from 2010 Altima

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Value, technology, MPG, fun to drive"

Cons: "Sunglass holder too small."

"In Oct of 2012 I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a Buick Verano on a whim and want a mistake that was. 2 months later I traded it in for another Altima SV with Convenience and Navigation. I could not be happier. I liked my 2010 Altima, but I absolutely love the new one. It is comfortable, convenient, the MPG is great...I cannot think of anything negative to say."

Lemon law- new CVT major problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: Lemon Law

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "1st year for the CVT, many are lemons"

"Nissan has agreed to buy my car back, though still fighting on the details. Transmission problems from day one, dealer(s) kept denying even though I had video proof. Finally transmission went completely out. Looks good, great MPG, but corporate has been a pain as have the dealers, I'd like the last year of my life back!"

My video

CVT failure (end of video)

Liked the 2013 3.5 SL so much we bought a second

By on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, classy, comfortable"

Cons: "No passenger power seat"

"I previously owned a 2007 Altima 3.5 with nav. It was a gem to drive and never in the shop. So wehn the redesign came out in September I had to trade up. I got $17k trade in on the 2007 and it had 46,000 miles, so the trade in va;lue on these are very good if you keep it clean. All of the reviews of the CVT are true, you either have to like it, hate it or get used to it. Since I was already used to it, the best thing about the 2013 CVT is that they improved it to add it as if it were shifting through seven gears. The paddle shifter is even better if you like the actual feel. Now, I have to admit, we have had some CVY issues that took it back to the dealer. At 20 mph, the CVT has a slight but irritating hesitation. Nissan noted that nothing was wrong with it but their mechanics did agree that it was hesitating. I am told that a programming fix for this is in the works. If you like to drive fast from a traffic light, the 3.5 is your car, very fast from a start, even better when passing on the interstate. It doesn't whine and it knows to go when you ask it. I've read the previous reviews regarding the Altima nav system. After test driving the Fusion,I was immediately dismissed by its confusing layout and buttons. The Accord and the Optima and the Sonata's nav screen is an inch larger but to me, the response on each was slower. It would be nice if the Altima had a shiels to block incoming light but overall, it was responsive and user friendly. The Bluetooth system is also easy to use and is not noisy when making calls. Overall, the mileage has improved a few miles over the older Altima. Averaging around 24 with a good mix of interstate and stop and go driving. Long trips are a breeze either driving or as a passenger. The new front seats are the most comfortable then any in its class. I like the car so much we decided to buy a second one. The only other drive I liked was the Sonata. Yes it's a few thousand less but it's not as sporty as the Altima and doesn't have the Blind Spot or Lane Change warning system. I give the 3.5 Altima high marks"

best car deal on the Raod today

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "everything has been imrpoved"

Cons: "Prefer small wheels over larger ones"

"I am 64 years old and have owned just about all types of cars and several trucks . I do my own work normally and love a quality product . I have owned Hondas , Toyotas , and Nissans plus the American cars . I notice when large improvements have been made over a particular model compared to previous years . This new 2013 Altima is by far the most improved Car over previous models I have ever seen . Virtually everything has been improved . The paint job is way better , the body style , the quietness , the comfortable seats , the performance , the gas mileage , the interior , the electronics , the transmission , . The list is a mile long . Naturally you may prefer one type car over the other . Nothing wrong with other types . The market is flooding with quality machines . But this car is drastically improved , it is the quality of Lexus , or something much more expensive . Plus if you get it on sale and low interest rates you simply can not believe the deal . it is like I am driving a 40,000 car I only paid 25 K for . The 3.5 SV has the cloth seats which I absolutely love , I get about 32 road and about 25 average around town . It blows the American cars out the window for the price ."

2013 NISSAN ALTIMA SL 126 MILES

By on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great MPG, comfort"

Cons: "at 126 miles non yet"

"This car offers the smoothes ride out of any sedan out rite now. Extremely comfortable leather seats with great adjustments to the drivers side. Bose system sounds great with the integrated XM radio free for 3 months. The SL is a luxury car with great value ($25800 negotiated)"