2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,641 - $21,343.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love This Car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, High Quality Materials, Fun to Drive."

Cons: "NONE"

"This is my 5th nissan,(3rd Altima) and by far the best. I have the 3.5 SL. Extremely luxurious, never sat in such a comfortable car seat. Drives like a dream, fast. Love the CVT. Beautiful Car!"

Terrible experience

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Reason: Worst car I've ever owned

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "Worst car I've ever owned"

"Bought based on Consumer Reports review. Chief auto tester came from Nissan. After review he went back to Nissan. Latest C R review has car way down on list. Worst car I've ever owned. Engine is loud and and skips under slight load, dealer says this is normal, terrible ride, slight wind pushes car all over road and is dangerous, cheap interior, upholstery wrinkles easily, 3 rims were egg shaped causing severe vibration. Traded for Ford Fusion!"

Good, not amazing.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "good drive, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "weak body metals and paint, relatively boring"

"I traded in a 2011 Altima for the 2013 and just about expected it to be marginally better. The driving is firm and sporty, yet comfortable. In sum, the 2.5 litre is capable and I average 31 mpg as stated on the sticker. It's pretty boring compared to other offerings, but that's not a bad thing to some people. My main issue is with the exterior paint and metal. The paint chips and the doors dent easily (due to my fault for parking next to careless people) but still I expected it to hold up somewhat. I've already had to use the rust warranty for the trunk because the metal piece was causing the paint to wear off underneath it and rusting (on a 2013 car in 2013). Also having a black (kh3) Altima doesn't help disguise the exterior flaws. In the end I enjoy it, but I won't be sad when I move onto the next Altima or car."

Absolutely Love my Altima!!!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "price was right, enjoy the zippiness and fun ride"

Cons: "slightly smaller backseats than comparables"

"I bought my 2013 2.5S used, it was a rental car. It has 23,000 miles on it, which is alot for a 2013, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the mpg, looks, comfort and quality that this car offers. I am consistently getting 31mpg avg between city/hwy. Maybe that's because it's well broken in, but after driving an SUV for 8 yrs, I am thrilled to be getting that kind of gas mileage! It fits myself and my 6'4" husband and 2 kids comfortably. I would highly recommend this vehicle!"

Problematic from the start

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reason: Terrible all around

Pros: "comfortable seats, nice design"

Cons: "everything else"

"Saw the new Altima at a parking lot and quickly fell in love with plus the fact that I've been a loyal Nissan customer for 20 years. Not too long after, traded in my 2008 Altima coupe for the 2.5 S Model. Two days later, I noticed a whining noise from the engine compartment. Took it to the dealerhip and was advised noise is from power steering pump and "normal". Not long after, a drumming noise followed, bluetooth dysfunction, fuel slosh/clonk, screen displays go blank and a burning rubber smell. Took the vehicle to 3 different dealerships to to no avail. Opened a case w/ Nissan and filed a complaint with BBB and the MD General Attorney Complaint Division that ultimately led nowhere. Tech that was sent to inspect my car concluded and wrote in his findings that the sounds are normal characteristics of the vehicle. Before purchasing this vehicle, research online and you will find a lot of unhappy consumers. Got fed up and cut my loss. Traded it in for a new Honda Accord Sport and while unhappy with losing money, I certainly made the best decision. Nissan has done an awful job with this vehicle and their consumer affairs hotline is just the same. Be careful when purchasing this vehicle. You'll find yourself back and forth the dealership."

See if you qualify for