2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,574 - $21,296.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

So glad to sell this car. LOST $$

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Reason: The Drivers SEAT Was Severely uncomfortable!

Pros: "great outside style"

Cons: "Front seat and steering"

"So glad to sell this car. Most uncomfortable front drivers seat. The car, other than the front seat base not moving up or down where the angle could change, as the old Altima did and the horrible steering, the car would have been a keeper. The steering was ultra sensitive causing driving a windy road to need the entire lane as trying to resenter the car after wind gust the car with a little movemnet of the steering move rapidly to the compensating side almost creating like a drunk would drive. (don't drink) It is sad that Nissan feels this seat is an an advantage and does a commercial on it. Is horrible. As well the steering is a nightmare."

LUV OUR ALTIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "GPS, ride, controls, zero gravity seats, value"

Cons: "mpg numbers mixed up"

"We purchased a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL couldn't be anymore happier with our brand new car...Bought vehicle because of insurance cost, low maintenance, incentives and value which everything is worth the price of it. I'm a truck driver my commute is spending an (50 hour drive) in a hard seat but what love about our Nissan is interior front seats built in ''Inspire zero gravity'' they have lots of support includes heated front seats, GPS, Nissan connect system, intelligent key remote starter button, Bluetooth, blind spot/moving object detection, Nissan Drive Advanced Assist Display and much more. Our car has some of the best handling ever the ride gives us is very powerfully smooth on a quiet interior. Gas mileage isn't bad but don't get the right mpg as window sticker said before buying car we're combining (34 mpg on main highways only) and doing interstate driving across the border of our state we're averaging about (23-27 mpg) coasting on interstates not a bad breaker at all for this car. LUV the features includes a sunroof, leather seats, controls, 4'' color display, remote start. It have lots of room from front/rear of vehicle have a smooth highway ride since my wife and I love to drive but this Nissan Altima is making it more convenient for us to be sitting 4 to 8 hours of driving without feeling tired we take trips get kind of sluggish after two hour drives but to our Altima we don't feel not zero percent tired in comfort in ''Zero gravity seating position'' both front and passenger give us that excellent support feeling. I have a 18 wheeler at the company every time wish can take the passenger seat out my car and install it in my ''BIG RIG'' because never drove a vehicle being so comfortable in a great ride have out this car as Altima driving cross country be really uncomfortable on a much longer drive. I highly recommend the car last vehicle owned was a Nissan that went (200,000) without replacing a timing belt and no issues on that car but was a long time ago owning Nissan vehicles we decided to go back with the brand again glad we did loving everything about this car it will last many more years. The best midsize automobile ever built to last on the highways like Nissan Altima best in value, price, comfort, insurance cost and ride gives."

My dream car!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and very fun to drive!!!"

Cons: "Really nothing."

"I wanted this car for 2 years and it's finally mine! I love everything about it inside and out! It's the perfect car for me like it was custom made!"

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

"I bought my Altima in July 2013 now have 8,000 miles on it. Test drove both engines 6 and 4 but preferred the 4 over because get better gas mileage and rides more like a car in horsepower. This car is best in being comfortable its great in quality. Handles smooth with impressive ride love controls pretty amazed on nice touches. Heated seats, audio system, blue tooth, rear/moving object detection camera all works absolutely great on car. Interior is very quiet what I like about this car is how have the vehicle information display setup right at speedometer on everything from maintenance warnings and fuel economy so much featured best without looking down at electronics as radio, blue tooth when having text sent off my phone at the hands free phone system. Overall luv my car after having for 8 months now the best new car purchase ever made one of my favorite vehicles in purchased for 32 years doing my new car buying experiences."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

Like the car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Nasa ''zero gravity seats'', controls, ride, quiet"

Cons: "nav issue,"

"I was afraid buying this car after heard bad reviews about this model. Well drove a Camry it lasted until 115/Km things fell apart: Stripped bolts replaced several times, oil sludge on 2nd engine replacement and stalled tremendously the parts were expensive took a loss and bought another car. This is the first time buying a Nissan vehicle do like vehicle. Bought with better features on everything being fully loaded on car. Got a SXM radio, navigation system, heated Zero gravity seats, moving object detection, lane departure, blind spot warning, rear camera, remote starter intelligent key, Bose sound system, steering controls, USB/Nissan apps capability. Has more technology now so got car with a 2.5 SL Tech package got a excellent deal when dealer shopped had a end of month sale they were nice enough to take my clunker trade-in and putting me into a more reliable vehicle. I have had my Altima for 2 weeks its a great car so far on having all bells and whistles. What would be in Cons: For car is navigation programmed a street I drove on my destination it seemed not to reroute me on the location like should went on a street almost on outskirts of city my mainly concern right there nothing isn't anything wrong with it works well just recalculated me on another area don't go on for some reason. Overall I love the car being comfort in luxury something would have in Lexus or BMW but its a Nissan automobile and have all the features worth a grand for this car. Hope it won't give me issues seems to be doing great at this time. CVT transmission delivers great horsepower includes a small 4 cylinder engine available its really impressive in performance while putting my right foot down on acceleration the throttle is very smooth in responsive handling have from the car."

MY FIRST NEW NISSAN PURCHASE

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Blind spot warning, SXM radio, seats, controls"

Cons: "mpg isn't recommended like supposed"

"After coming from a 1995 Toyota Corolla that finally retired bought brand new car off showroom lot. My Corolla was the best reliable auto ever so had to scrap it (SAD). When car shopping looked at some midsize cars could afford. I purchased a Nissan Altima SV its a great quality car has lots of great features includes much more upgrades. The Altima handles excellent have the (zero gravity seats) they are built in plenty comfort as NASA. Equipped with SXM radio, Bluetooth, navigation, heated seats, blind spot warning, remote start button, Nissan connect system, Vehicle information (D) Display. 4 Cylinder engine under 182hp is very powerful and quiet with smooth start up. The car ride is pretty solid while giving me a great drive have bigger interior space. CVT does best job in making vehicle have effortlessly acceleration but engine is somewhat lousy under heavier take offs not a major problem for me compared to what I used to drive after purchasing more high tech vehicle. Overall love the car was best decision purchasing this vehicle on everything worth $30,000 something actually could afford. Like the options, the value and comfortable support get from (0) zero gravity seats built by NASA are really comfort in lots of support."

What a mistake

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks pretty & good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I am in the middle of a 3 year lease and am looking to offload this car early - even if it costs me. Within the first three months the battery died. When we tried to jump it - sparks flew. It was almost impossible to push it out of the garage to the street to get towed (it was head first in the garage). The dealer balked at paying the tow fee. There have been several times when the car has been slow to start but finally "catches". There is a reoccurring rattle in the ceiling and, the warning displays frequently do not display correctly. I leased this car because I thought it was a sensible choice. I have lost all confidence in it and am constantly afraid of getting stranded. I can not recommend it at all and really miss my Toyota :-("

IF I ONLY KNEW

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"2013 altima 2.5SL with Nav. After 5k miles the CVT transmision started to vibrate while driving around town. Now at 9k its getting worse. I went through Nissans customer care program and after four atempts to fix the vibration problem I was told this is normal nothing more they do. Also The rear view monitor is not clear. Nissan changed the camera which did not help. Other than that the rest of the car is very good . Nice hwy ride. I would not recommend buying a new Altima."

I would buy this exact car again.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks great."

Cons: "Camera could use an update"

"I love the car. It is fully loaded, fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I knew it was a CVT and have no problem with the smoothness of the start-off. The leather seats are more comfortable than those of much more expensive cars, and the controls on the dash are easy to use and the navigation system works good and looks good. I think the camera is not as great as the Accord's - but it certainly does what it's supposed to."

Big improvement after 2 years of my last one

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "safety, performance, better fit and finish quality"

Cons: "USB port issue"

"In January 2014 I purchased my Altima 2.5 s with the SL technology package with bit more options. It has changed so much after 2 years coming out of my 2012 Altima 2.5 SL traded because needed more comfort. This car is a zippy in better performance with a new CVT design gives a greater solid ride in good gas mileage and the interior looks more upgraded in lots of new options. I love the seat designed as Nasa zero gravity heated seats feels so much comfort with plenty of lumbar support and leg support is also excellent without my knees hitting the steering wheel and door going over bumps. Bluetooth and Navigation both are best includes SXM radio with USB ports but a minor thing is sometimes playing the flash drive it skips most songs from my smartphone which don't understand even has Sirius satellite radio its all great too. Love the new body styling and its more roomier while putting lots of items inside my car whenever I am traveling. When driving on a long stretched road its very quiet going 65 mph even acceleration is a blast on giving car engine the throttle response needs as being lead footed. My favorites are remote start, sunroof, heated seats, navigation and lane departure warning. This vehicle looks like its been built by NASA all around from a more upgraded interior and given it more performance in its class. I am very happy with my 2nd model on same package as other one but wasn't available with navigation system but its 100% better in more features and options after 2 months its been fun driving this car."

the 4 cylinder engine is very loud

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "nice looking interior"

Cons: "rattles, loud engine, not happy with mileage"

"I expected better in-town mileage than what I am getting (13 mpg). It doesn't hold the road well when it is windy. I hate the loud engine noise. The screen for the radio and back up camera is useless in the daylight because of the glare. It seem like everything in the car rattles when I drive over 30 miles per hour. I am not happy with this car - for the price I should have gotten a better product."

Good midsize automobile for the money

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "style, performance, fast, quiet, affordable"

"needed a car real bad as thought couldn't afford an newer car my last vehicle drove was 1992 Chrysler 5th Avenue finally retired. I am in my mid 50s so have owned quite few vehicles over the decades bought me an 2014 Altima 2.5sv pretty much love this car on everything. Its comfortable, love the new looks of it handles very great includes heated leather seats, blue tooth, steering controls, Bose stereo system. This car rides excellent it seems much safer on highways with best features ever from lane departure warning and blind spot. Interior is very quiet being a midsize car worth every penny on a perfect price I paid buying this car exterior color is beautiful in cayenne red metallic which makes have an more sportier style to car. 4 Cylinder engine has lots of performance faster, smooth ride, excellent acceleration from the continuously variable transmission its effortless in making car have a best ride on highways. I drove a 21 year old vehicle that was so reliable but retired at nearly 289,000 miles so thought with my budget wouldn't be able to afford a car but when looking my shining red Altima 2.5sv at the showroom lot it wasn't bad driving off in my first brand new car in years because its the best affordable automobile ever bought."

Wow! I am Really Impressed!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Performance & Fuel Mileage"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car was given to me as a loaner. Before I drove this car I was considering a Honda Accord. This vehicle is an Altima SV with a 4-cylinder engine. It has the CVT with the D-Step which acts as an overdrive. It performs very well and the cloth '0' gravity seats are the most comfortable seats I ever sat in lately. The fuel mileage is incredible. I am averaging 28.6 to 30.5 around town. On the highway it jumps right up to 33 MPG. I am sure that on a long trip it will out perform many in its class. The vehicle is very quiet and responsive. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Great car on the freeways and roads

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, controls, ride, CVT"

Cons: "interior screatches fast"

"As a first time Nissan owner I am proud to be driving the Altima which its best in lots of standard features. Gas mileage is 38 miles per gallon just like window sticker said, navigation is more updated while mostly doing city driving even few more weeks going to Florida on a trip doing spring break, Nissan connect system is a plus on apps and audio is simply best includes Nine speaker Bose sound system, rearview surrounding camera, Zero inspire gravity seats in comfort includes heated front seats, LED lights, vehicle information display, push button start, intelligent key with buttons on front outside doors tapping with key fob in pocket, Bluetooth, blind spot warning, sunroof, fog lights, low tire pressure indicator and more. Love how it drives being smooth with an effortlessly CVT transmission giving more power, excellent ratios and overall outstanding fuel economy. Interior was built so well in all options giving more luxury to car being top of the line. Very fun driving on a nice quiet ride gives every time be commuting I am so happy bought a Altima after hearing great things about Nissan decided look at this car as a great midsize vehicle in a perfect resale value and half decent gas mileage to the tank. I traded a big truck for a car but looked at Altima because love the new looks of this vehicle even outstanding in everything available on this beauty also gas mileage seems better too."

Guyz be careful with this car!!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks Solid"

Cons: "Looks Solid but it feel like waste after the usage"

"I have bought new altima sedan and after 2000 miles it started making wierd noises and the center console lost its stability. Went to Nissan and they took more than week to find out the issue and replacing the entire TRANSMISSION and they tighten the Central console. Guys go for Toyota or Honda, I started my new year of 2014 with a big mistake."

Very nice car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "dependability and good on Gas"

"Great gas mileage, nice riding car, easy controls, easy to read and see, love the look of the parking lights on the lower valance and how they show up at night,also like the option for two drive slection's, reg (D )and (Ds) to boost your power on take offs. a very good price for a car that is much cheaper than luxury cars out there in the same class."

Beautiful nice looking car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, stylish, controls"

Cons: "needs heated and cooled cup holders"

"I've owned my Altima for 2 months been enjoying this vehicle so much with having great handling, rides like a Cadillac, love the features PROS: Bose sound, navigation, Nissan connect system and Bluetooth, remote start access, comfortable heated seats in ''Zero gravity position''. Gas mileage is between 30-38 mpg gets with a 2.5L engine. Its a joy driving this vehicle from being excellent in more solid ride gives me and Nissan Driver Advanced Assist center is optional best have all the features setup perfectly while driving better as don't have to worry taking my eyes off the road I have everything right in front my face the NAV, audio, cruise control, maintenance warnings, can set the color of what the car is outside, steering controls are best with advanced assist center and radio system. ID call is best too with Nissan advanced display with everything else. This car is much more safer with lane departure center, blind spot warning, rear camera, turning signals, low tire pressure monitoring as alerts me when its time to fill up for air. I just love this car it was worth every penny in all the books and records includes the 2.5 SV with technology package. Know I won't be trading vehicle anytime soon as don't keep cars for like 2-3 years either trading or leasing glad purchased the car to keep for a long time until looking at something else don't think its going to be possible."

Nice looking car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "blind spot warning, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs cooled and heated seats,"

"Purchased an 2014 Altima 2.5 SV with all the bells and whistles. Gas mileage is excellent, comfortable inspire ''zero gravity seats'', navigation system, remote start button, Bose and Nissan connect system, blind spot warning, heated front seats, xenon headlights, automatic on/off headlights, steering controls with Nissan drive advanced assist system, rear view backup camera, sunroof, roomier interior and sharp looks on outside. The car has some of the best handling, smooth quiet ride, visibility is overall perfect, 8 beverage cupholders, just a more high tech vehicle in a better value. 4 cylinder engine is amazing excellent in performance for a midsize car as Altima. Its a great vehicle besides the Accord and Camry. I'd recommend the Nissan over both vehicles having more quality features."

is beautiul

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "nothing"

"the best car for me"

Avoid this car! Unless you like problems.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room in the front."

Cons: "Problems that the dealer can't seem to fix!"

"Brake screech like a banshee and the dealer could not make it go away. Check engine light came on at 38000 miles. So far the dealer has changed the: Engine Control Module. Mass Air flow meter. Reprogrammed the ECU. Light came on again, am now at 42000 miles. I should not have purchased this car!"

Noisy, road noise, engine noise, transmission nois

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "seats are comfortable."

Cons: "Noisy and lost value $6000 in 6 months."

"The car sounds like a sports car, loud noise when speeding up. The CVT transmission is loud, road noise is annoying. The interior and exterior are nice, seats are confortable. I would not recommend an Altima unless you get the 6 cylinder. I'm on a 3 year lease 2.5 long years to go. Dealer would take it as a trade in with $5000. I have had it 6 months and 5500 miles on it. Said it was only worth $14000. Hate the car. One service dept said the noise was normal, going to get a second opinion."

Terrific value--Nissan has a winner in this one

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, affordable, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior colors limited, upgrade for options"

"I purchased my 2014 Altima SV in December of 2013 and absolutely love it. I traded in a 2005 Maxima with 130K. Opted for the convenience package and was well worth the extra cost(moon roof, rear seat vents, fog lights, remote start,etc.) There was quite a difference between the smaller 2.5 engine in my new Altima and the larger engine in my former Maxima. Smaller engine is acceptable but notice the lower HP when passing and accelerating. Nissan Altima comes in many models and was somewhat surprised to find normal standard options (on some cars) only available on the SV or SL models. Average mileage is 33-36 mpg and easily achieves a gas tank range of 550-600 miles. SV comes with 17" tires which handle well in snow and mud, far superior to the 18" tires on my former Maxima. Transmission noise is noticeable upon acceleration but is not annoying. Seats and interior are very comfortable. Instrument panel is set up efficiently and easy to read. Nissan utilizes a highly-visible white color for the gauges but still has a prevalent orange theme for night driving. Speedometer (like most of the new cars) can be hard to view when driving with a right hand on upper part of steering wheel. The SV model is well equipped with high tech options. The SL model has even more as well as leather seats (I prefer the cloth). The audio in the SV is adequate but those requiring superior sound will only find it in the SL model (9 Bose speakers). In comparing various same-size sedans, I found the Altima to have superior room (huge trunk space), excellent gas mileage and priced most competitively. If considering an Altima I would highly recommend upgrading to the SV or SL models. There is substantial difference in the features over the S model. Would also suggest the convenience pkg as well as the navigation pkg--good additions for a little more money."

Update

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Seats, technology, MPG"

"Still an amazing car getting 32 Plus average MPG overall. Hwy is 39 mpg thats awesome I don't fill up as much as I used to from my other car. Car drives smooth, great road trip car drives with ease and the seats are very comfortable. I came from a V6 car to this and there is not too much of difference. I read a lot of negative things on this car and so far I disagree! CVT transmission working well too!"