2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,393 - $21,226.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best car ever

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"best car I owned (of 10 in 11 years).8"

I LOVE my Altima!!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Ride quality, MPG, Comfort, Sporty look and feel"

Cons: "I didn't get the higher trim level w BOSE/ NAVI"

"I absolutely LOVE my new Altima!! I drive a ton, and I bought my Altima just over a year ago. It has been super reliable!! I have had to do only minor required maintenance to it (oil changes, tire rotations, air filter) and I have never had a single issue with it. I recently moved from MA to ID and drove my car out here and had to sit in it for 4 days straight/ 12-14hrs a day; this really proved to me just how comfortable that Nissan's "Zero Gravity" seats really are. Plus, we had a pretty terrible winter last year in MA and my Altima was absolutely fantastic in the snow!! I was never in any sketchy situations in it and was never late to work regardless of how much it was snowing. Thank you Nissan for putting out another incredible car!! And don't even get me started on the gas mileage... half of my car payment is just what I save on gas vs the SUV that I was driving before I got my Altima. Kudos Nissan!!"

Awesome car! Had 5 months thus 9 on Reliability

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "MPG 34.1 everyday! Great ride! No shifting CVT!"

Cons: "None so far! Owned 5 months 5000 miles"

"Drives great! Smooth quiet ride! CVT with no shift points is awesome! Bose sound is second to none! 34.1 MPG everyday driving is fantastic!"

My Second Review - Great Car

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "NONE"

"I did not have this car long enough to write an honest evaluation the first time. After having it several months now I would have to say that it is truly a GREAT CAR! The fuel mileage has been awesome! I have the 2015, 2.5L 4Cylinder SV with the CVT Transmission. This car is very fast and the seats are very comfortable. I did have a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL however the leg room was a bit cramped for me. The Rogue was a very good car but I needed more leg room. The Altima was the answer to the problem. I actually have to move the seat forward now. I would strongly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for great fuel mileage without sacrificing leg room and comfort, plus performance!"

Not disapointed

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Aesthetics, mpg, comfort"

Cons: "Noise"

"I really liked my 2012, unfortunately so did a deer, so I ended up getting a 2014 recently. I did get it used and it handles similarly to the previous generation. I did not expect Luxury when I getting a Nissan, so while it is very aesthetically pleasing, and I like the overall attempt at a luxury look, I knew what I was getting into. There is a lot of road noise and if you push it too much it hinders your gas mileage and it can get loud. It is far more comfortable than the previous generation though, and better overall mpg. Really, it's a good price, with good looks, good gas mileage, and a good driving experience. (Plus I like the stock stereo system) If I have any complaints it's that the luggage hooks in the trunk keep getting caught on my stuff."

good car for price

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Good Price -- Roomy -- Commuter/family car"

Cons: "Less than expected MPG"

"I enjoy driving this car. The car is a good commuter car. I traded my 2009 Chevy truck for the Altima. I get 26 - 28 MPG in the city and 31 - 33 highway. The sticker mileage claims 28/38. I have never gotten the highway mileage. It is a fun car to drive. It takes curves very easily. The computer in the dash tells you the tire pressure. It is roomier than I expected. I am 6' 2" and have plenty of head room."

A year later and still loving it! (w/remote start)

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, good pricing, remote start"

Cons: "Gas milage can be disappointing"

"The new style of Altima has a very bad reputation. When I was looking for a new car, I was iffy on choosing the Altima. This was the car that I really wanted but knew I was not getting the 2013 models. I have owned my 2014 Altima for a year now and I am still loving it. While I will admit I did have some issues with this car that was making me second guess this car. The back up camera stopped working about two weeks in. I took it in and was told the whole radio (w/o nav) had to be replaced. I was not happy with this car being so young. The radio was replaced and about 4 months later the same problem occurred. Not only was the radio causing issues, there was a very loud whining at low speeds. Then the A/C fan became unbearably loud when it was on high mode. (The fan would sound as if it was trying to hard to operate and would shake the dashboard). This was about 4 months into ownership. So I decided to change service stations rather than give up on this car. Once I took it to a NON Nissan dealership... everything started working. The car now runs great! I no longer have any issues with it. The gas mileage is OK. The best gas mileage I have seen it 620 miles on a full tank! However I was driving in a small town and was driving through a couple of states. In the big city where I live, I average about 27-30 MPG. (Depending how much driving I am doing for that week) The cloth seats have been very durable and are fairly easy to clean. (I regularly clean my car due having a dog, every two weeks. The seats are beige as well.) With that in mind, this is how I have been able to keep the car looking new. This car is very comfortable, especially in long road trips. The car handles well and takes curves and turns fairly tight (it is not a small car but it does well.) When you lightly step on the gas pedal you can barely hear the CVT. (When the radio is on) When you slam on the gas pedal the CVT is loud and roars, but I guess that is a CVT. Overall this car has been a great commuter car. It fits me perfectly and I still enjoy driving it. My only advise to buyers looking at this car is take it for a extensive test drive. With the Altima's bad reviews and a lot of recalls, you definitely want to make sure that your potential new Altima is NOT another LEMON."

Best sedan for the money on the market.

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Best car for the money!"

Cons: "Not many negatives."

"We had a 2010 Rogue that we traded in for this 2.5 SV 2014 model. The Rogue was a great vehicle but the difference in the quality and design changes in the 4 years was unreal. The Altima has stepped up it's game. The craftsmanship and high quality materials seem more like an Infiniti vehicle. The controls are intuitive and easy to use. We have the Technology package and have found it to be wonderful. A must buy for anyone looking for a sedan without spending tons of money."

Just bought my first nissan..and I love it

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "nearly everything, design, look, way it drives"

Cons: "haven't found any yet"

"Never had a Nissan before, always been a mustang/charger or suv type of guy, however I finally purchased the Altima after listening to people talk about it and I love it. Best car I have ever driven to this point. highly recommend it."

Update Altima SV

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfort,ride, looks and Gas mileage."

"Still an awesome car!! Still getting 32 overall MPG and 38 HWY!! Can't complain! Great road trip car very quiet and smooth on the road. Went from a 6 cylinder to this 4 cylinder car and ill tell you what you really can't tell the difference."