2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,160 - $21,128.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Nice Car

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Good Gas Milage, Fun to drive, Good looking"

Cons: "Road Noise, Pricey"

"First 5000 miles and still liking it. Good Fuel economy. Nice looking, Fun to drive, Peppy for a 4 cylinder. My only complaint is its road noisy."

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Avoid this car! Unless you like problems.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room in the front."

Cons: "Problems that the dealer can't seem to fix!"

"Brake screech like a banshee and the dealer could not make it go away. Check engine light came on at 38000 miles. So far the dealer has changed the: Engine Control Module. Mass Air flow meter. Reprogrammed the ECU. Light came on again, am now at 42000 miles. I should not have purchased this car!"

Absolutely Love my Altima!!!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "price was right, enjoy the zippiness and fun ride"

Cons: "slightly smaller backseats than comparables"

"I bought my 2013 2.5S used, it was a rental car. It has 23,000 miles on it, which is alot for a 2013, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the mpg, looks, comfort and quality that this car offers. I am consistently getting 31mpg avg between city/hwy. Maybe that's because it's well broken in, but after driving an SUV for 8 yrs, I am thrilled to be getting that kind of gas mileage! It fits myself and my 6'4" husband and 2 kids comfortably. I would highly recommend this vehicle!"

Good so far...except low engine noise on startup

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "good driving experience"

Cons: "low engine noise"

"Only Con: Low whistle sound can be heard when vehicle is started or below 10mph speed. Need to be some what keen in hearing the sound, keep A/C off."

My Second Review - Great Car

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "NONE"

"I did not have this car long enough to write an honest evaluation the first time. After having it several months now I would have to say that it is truly a GREAT CAR! The fuel mileage has been awesome! I have the 2015, 2.5L 4Cylinder SV with the CVT Transmission. This car is very fast and the seats are very comfortable. I did have a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL however the leg room was a bit cramped for me. The Rogue was a very good car but I needed more leg room. The Altima was the answer to the problem. I actually have to move the seat forward now. I would strongly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for great fuel mileage without sacrificing leg room and comfort, plus performance!"

Its a good vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "great on gas, great driver, ok price, no problems"

Cons: "simple, not an agressive look"

"Great on gas -The car is a good car but, the old Altima's (2007) looked more aggressive than the new re-modeled ones (2015). Maybe they can add on some HID or LED lights like, the Murano and Rogue. It also feels as if the remodeled ones are slightly smaller. Its a good car but the outside features made it look like a simple toyota corolla. Great car, has not given me any problems even though it has a recall. I will go and check that out ASAP! Nissan's are usually great vehicles."

Good overall quality relative to the price

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Good MPG, Good & useful space, Many tech features"

Cons: "Low ground clearance & Light vehicle weight"

"I purchased a '14 2.5 SL in 05/14 for $27,000, and now in 01/15 I have put about 19,500 miles on it and am overall impressed with it. I have not had any mechanical issues with it yet, and I personally like the CVT as it has a smoother ride to it than a traditional transmission. The interior features with the heated steering wheel, heated front seats, Bose audio system, Bluetooth and Navigation are very nice for a mid-size sedan at this price range. I have also been very impressed by how comfortable the seats are as my last car also had very comfortable seats. Prior to purchasing my first Nissan I rode in a KIA Optima and a Hyundai Sonata and was very surprised by how uncomfortable the seats were. During the warm months I averaged anywhere from 32-37 MPG, and during the cold winter I am achieving about 28 MPG, however I have been letting the car idle quite a bit since I work out of it at times. The Altima, along with so many sedans anymore, do ride lower to the ground and are much lighter in order to boost the MPG, so in order to get around better during the Midwest winters I put snow-tires on the front 2 tires to gain better traction. The ground clearance and vehicle weight are certainly some key ideas to keep in mind if you're debating between purchasing a sedan and SUV. With all of that said I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants good MPG, many tech features, good interior space including a larger trunk than expected, without having to pay 30k+."

Love the New 2015 Altima

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"This is my second Altima. Traded in my 2005 2.5S and got a 2015 2.5SV last week. Tested a 2014 Honda Accord as well (never quite liked Camry). The Accord has a noticeably roomier interior, but the Altima beats it hands down in terms of ride, overall cabin noise and seat comfortableness. This is my daily-commute car. One-way drive to/from work is about 25 miles, almost all highway. So I am expecting a considerable savings on gas, compared to my old Altima. I went for an SV trim this time mainly for the back-up camera and the remote engine start feature. The latter is almost a must as local weather is hot and humid for about 5 months every year. Though I'd prefer keep the exterior look of my old '05 Altima, the '15 model looks great, too. SV trim has 17' alloy wheels that came with good Michelin tires. The one I got also added illuminated kick plates and they look really nice. The only complaint I can think of is the infotainment screen, which is only 5 inches. While functioning well, it can certainly use some more size. Would be even nicer if Nissan has made it a touch-screen. Overall an excellent commute car for everyday drive, in my mind. Well worth the money. Will recommend to anyone who's looking to buy a new car in this class."

Great car, a little bumpy on the road

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room, very sleek, good pickup"

Cons: "bumpy when driving, kinda stiff, mpg are off"

"I just bought a 2015 Nissan Altima SL. It is a beautiful car and for a 4 cylinder it drives pretty good. I've noticed going down the highway when you hit a bump, you really feel it in this car. It's brand new and hopefully I'll just get used to it. The bluetooth system is amazing. The sound system is great. I think the MPG are exaggerated. I've never seen 38 MPG on the highway. Overall, its a pretty good car. I don't think that the back up camera is the best but it gets the job done. I'd buy one again."