2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,156 - $21,126.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 244 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Excellent all round car. Great value.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great all round car"

"An excellent combination of power, stability, sportiness, comfort and outstanding economy."

Excellency without Ostentation

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "MPG, interior design, comfort"

"MPG 42Highway, 32city. Attractive dashboard, excellent electronic features, comfortable seating, center console with many storage spaces. Luxury without the price. I have the SV model which I consider the best value."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

"I bought my Altima in July 2013 now have 8,000 miles on it. Test drove both engines 6 and 4 but preferred the 4 over because get better gas mileage and rides more like a car in horsepower. This car is best in being comfortable its great in quality. Handles smooth with impressive ride love controls pretty amazed on nice touches. Heated seats, audio system, blue tooth, rear/moving object detection camera all works absolutely great on car. Interior is very quiet what I like about this car is how have the vehicle information display setup right at speedometer on everything from maintenance warnings and fuel economy so much featured best without looking down at electronics as radio, blue tooth when having text sent off my phone at the hands free phone system. Overall luv my car after having for 8 months now the best new car purchase ever made one of my favorite vehicles in purchased for 32 years doing my new car buying experiences."

Excellent Car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, comfortable and fuel efficient."

Cons: "Slight vibration issue at idle."

"It looked good from the outside, but I tested this car with the expectation it would be lacking in terms of comfort and performance. Nope, I was pleasantly surprised. I've driven the car 1,000 miles so far and the seats are as comfortable as they claim, the ride is smooth unless you hit the worst kind of bumps, the car looks great and feels really solid. The 4cl engine is surprisingly peppy and provides enough power to not make you feel you are compromising for the sake of fuel efficiency, and boy, does it deliver fuel efficiency! My one (slight) negatives is the vibration when you idle is distracting (the hood is visibly vibrating, I keep thinking the hood is going to spontaneously open). All in all a fantastic car, I would definitely recommend."

Victory!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Options"

Cons: "more conservative looks than others"

"one thing i got to say: WOW The speed of this car: WOW The seats: WOW The blind spot: WOW The back camera blow dry yes blow dr: WOW The Shocks: WOW and it is Nissan! WOW"

Yes! big time score:-) :-) :-)

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "value, mpg, cool drive, and....the seats:-)"

Cons: "I need to share with my 17 years old son."

"I hate buying cars. Everytime after I buy a car, I see another car and wonder...Is that car better deal than my car?? Not this time, I feel that I made the best deal for my $$. I'm happy to see that other folks feel the same. Great deal Nissan, thank you so much for the fun drive."

My Favorite car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I've had lots of cars, including BMW 5 series, Audi s4, A6, and this one is the nicest one with the lest trouble to own. Handling is as good as I need, and acceleration is super, there at any speed. The interface in the electronics is very good, except for the voice recognition...a bit slow, and repetitive. BUt it's a beautiful and very comfortable, quiet car, with lots of muscle. Oh, and did I say 29mpg average?"

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Stiil great car

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Great loocking car."

Cons: "I have model S, no fog lights they are very help."

"I left my review a year ago, car had about 1000 miles, now it has 10000 and still great car with a great gas mileage and performance. Just want to tell people who complain about noise, try Ford or Chevy or other vehicles with same tape of engine and you will experience same noise."