2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,541 - $21,272.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

The best I ever owned and I'm 38.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, style, value of extras, acceleration"

Cons: "I had it for 2 weeks, none yet"

"Head turning, tinted glass rolled down for people to see and exceeding my wildest expectations. I owned camrey, Tacoma, explorer, Hyundai accent, mercury cougar, and Honda odessey this by far the most complete vehicle I stumbled across. I never had so many people ask me about the price and how spacious it is. The best in my military career of purchasing cars. You won't be sorry!!!!"

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Nav is great . Seats are great."

Cons: "Wind noise from drivers side window."

"Great car smooth quiet ride. Two problems . 1) Wind noise coming from drivers window. This happens when you go above 65 miles a hour. 2)Windshield wiper fluid nozzles. Sometimes it works sometimes not ."

Love it

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Love the car, and had nothing wrong... everyone wants this car that I have shown it to."

Big Mistake/Investigate other makes of car.

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Comfort, Styling, Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Engineering, Quality control, Customer Relations"

"My experience with my new Altima is very disappointing. The car has many nice and exciting features only to be overshadowed by a very serious issue. The car shutters and growls at low RPMS (1250-2000) upon light acceleration. It is especially annoying at 1500rpms. I have had the car in for service and was told Nissan is aware of the problem but has no fix. Nissan's Customer Relations said that after consulting with their engineers that this is a normal condition in this car. That is not at all the truth and not what I wanted to hear. This is a common complaint with many owners. The back up camera is next to useless because the picture is so dark you cannot see anything. Nissan could have done a much better job with this car. I have made a very bad $30,000 purchase. Make sure you don't make the same mistake."

2013 Altima exterior look is HORRIBLE!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great price range and nice interior, that's it!"

Cons: "Exterior look and CVT transmission horrible!"

"I own the 2009 Altima and I bought it because I loved the look and design. The 2008 - 2009 models have a mix of class and sporty look, which makes it stand toe to toe with the likes of Audi and Lexus. I was shocked and disappointed when I saw the new 2013 model. Not sure what Nissan was thinking here. The vehicle looks like something my grandmother will be interested in buying. First of all the protruding front headlights are ugly looking. The entire shape of the front, and the contours on the side has definitely downgraded the appeal of this vehicle."

Best value for your money...

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Graet price, Interior quality, Exterior looks."

"I have always preffered Nissan vehicles. No major issues with the Altima. There were two recalls on the vehicle in late 2012 for steering bolts and computer programming. Recalls are always expected with first year vehicles. My brother own a 2012 Camry which drives well but the gas mileage is not as good and do not get me started on the cheap plastic all over in that Camry. Test drove a 2012 Sonata ( cheap plastic and drives like a boat). Overall Nissan makes a keepers and not best resellers. If you want a resale get a Honda or Toyota, but if you are a driver and enjoy driving, Nissan is a way to go."

Excellent design, very happy overall

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Very nice and well design, excellent in and out."

Cons: "Don't trust the 38 mpg, other than that it good."

"I purchased this car over Camry because the design and the mileage. The best I can get is 30.3 mpg show on the instrument. But I actually check every full tank and each get about 28 to 30 mpg. I don't know how Nissan can make a big advertise 38 mpg. This is what I am not happy about. Also at the stop, acceleration is poor and does not sound good. Any one get better than I do please share with me."

I LOVE this car

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Price Nice ride great seats love the toys"

Cons: "None for me so far"

"Really very nice with all the creature comforts you need. This car is a great value compared to Camry and Accord. Lot less money and same or more features. I came from a larges car and it really drives nice. Yes the engine is a little noisy when you push it but what engine is not. Remember it is an engine. I love the CVT transmission no jerking from one gear to another. So far gas milage has been what expected. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever had on a car at any price. Great job Nissan. I would highly recommend this car no shutter or power steering problems at all Why do a few bad grapes spoil the bunch."

Very noisy and too many issues for a new car.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "The bad outweighs the good"

Cons: "Way too many to list here, read review."

"If you are looking to spend $$$ and become a lab dummy for Nissan, this is the car for you. I purchased the 2013 Nissan Altima 2 months ago with a trade in (2009 Nissan Altima). My old Altima was gold compared to the new car. From the second day after taking it out of the dealership, there was loud whining noise, enough to scare you while driving. Took it back to the dealer, who thought it was the steering pump. After replacing the steering pump,the whining sound still was heard. Serv. manager said he tested it thoroughly. Anyways, additional repairs included AC pipe alignment, brake squeaking loudly at 200 miles, and center console sticking, the car is still noisy. I drove rental cars more than my own NEW car. If you purchase this vehicle, be prepared to hear the word, "Unfortunately" a lot from the dealer and service agents . Being a loyal Nissan loyal customer, I expected more from Nissan and will not be patronizing them in the future. My experience was also shared by folks who complained on NHTSA about the 2013 Altima. Do your research before purchasing this vehicle,otherwise you become part of the lab rat team like the current owners who consistently at the service shop for service issues. Needless to say, very dissatisfied."

Nice vehicle some CVT bugs

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Nice styling, ride, options and great mileage"

Cons: "Noisey CVT"

"We have had our 2013 Altima 2.5SV w/NAV and Convenience pkgs since 7/12, previous to that we drove a 2005 2.5S for 7 yrs w/o any major issues and were quite satisfied with the Nissan brand. Like others we did the research and test drives of competing brands before settling on the newly revamped Altima. Overall we are happy with our choice, the car is quiet at highway speeds; handles and rides well; has all the technology we need and has great styling. Since this is our first vehicle with a CVT it took a little getting used to which wasn't all that bad EXCEPT we found that there was a rattle/growl/vibration at low RPM up to about 40 mph when accelerating slowly from a standing stop. The dealer has replaced the drive belt and tensioner twice, this seems to be a problem reported by other owners as well. The CVT was completely reworked for 2013 as a major means to achieve the "Pure Drive" rating of 38 mph highway, our experience so far is about 33 mph city and 38mph+ on long highway trips. Aside from the noted CVT issue we love the car."