2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,735 - $21,409.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

worst ever car i ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MANY"

"this car advertised,at 38 MPG, i get only 28 MPG. THE CAR LEAKS AIR,it is very noisy,and not fun to drive. _DON'T BUY THIS CAR."

My car is awesome - great design, comfort, & sound

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage."

"My bose speakers are awesome; it makes my driving enjoyable."

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Excellent all round car. Great value.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great all round car"

"An excellent combination of power, stability, sportiness, comfort and outstanding economy."

Transmission Problems--Nissan Warranty 0

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "Defective electronics, defective transmission"

"Since I purchased this car, I have had it in the shop 11 times with an average cost to me of 22 plus hours plus gas to and from the dealership. The Altima 3.5's have a bulletin stated transmission problems.My car shudders at different times on takeoff, not all the time. Nissan said "if" they can replicate the the shudder they will provide a new transmission. Thats the caveat. It can't be duplicated! This also applies to the Pathfinder vehicle. Also, major problems with the radio/nav system. Ordered a replacement that took over 2 months to arrive and this one is defective as well. My gas mileage indicator stays at 27.8 mpg whether I drive locally or on a trip (Second replacement). I can go on, but you have the warnings!"