2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,680 - $21,597.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good car, comfortable seats, no problems.

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Good price, comfortable on trips. good mileage"

Cons: "A little noisy on hard acceleration"

"Bought it new. Average mileage is 34.5 with mostly in town driving. Between wife and myself we have owned 9 Nissans since 1982 and have been pleased. 2 Grown children all have Nissans, and between them have owned 9 Nissans also. No, we do not own a Nissan dealership or own any stock."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive"

Cons: "No power pass. seat & driver seat & mirror mem."

"Comfortable ride combined with powerful engine and excellent acceleration with sport paddle shifters and 7 speed CVT transmission. Good mileage for a V-6, 275 HP engine: 28 mpg HY using cruise control. Well appointed interior with supportive comfortable leather seats, easy to use controls and safety features including blind spot warning, lane departure warning, back up cross-traffic warning and back up camera with blue fixed and yellow moving back-up guide. Excellent navigation system; Bose sound system with BluTooth and satellite radio capability."

Great MPG, very roomy in rear seat area.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Great vehicle, will buy another later in 2015."

Cons: "4 cylinder engine noise is loud on acceleration."

"Vehicle is great on fuel mileage, 40 on Interstate with AC, 27 locally. Only problem is with electronics, on rare occasion the Nav/audio screen will reboot for no known reason. Works great otherwise. Nice vehicle, great on interstate highway."

Stiil great car

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Great loocking car."

Cons: "I have model S, no fog lights they are very help."

"I left my review a year ago, car had about 1000 miles, now it has 10000 and still great car with a great gas mileage and performance. Just want to tell people who complain about noise, try Ford or Chevy or other vehicles with same tape of engine and you will experience same noise."

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Good Price, Stylish, Quiet,Comfortable,Classy"

Cons: "CVT Rubber Bandy at times"

"Honestly best car I have ever owned. CVT Is a little annoying at times but then again perfect in certain situations Classy Looks"

About average for the class

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reason: mileage

Pros: "Style, good value"

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable neck supports"

"The Altima I owned was a pretty nice car overall. The main complaint is that it never achieved the EPA mpg ratings advertised. If you use the car's computer to calculate mileage it looks like you are getting what is advertised. However, if you perform your own calculations based on miles traveled between fill ups I always ended up about 5 mpg below what the computer calculated. I am not a lead foot, btw. The car is attractive inside and out and I had no reliability issues while I owned it."

MPG may be overstated...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "cup holders are a bit small"

"I have to say, I love my Altima! However, it is rated at 38mpg on the highway and I have yet to achieve that. I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday on country roads going about 60-65mph. Even with that and minimal in-town driving, I average about 34mpg. I have tried going 50-55mph on my way to work but that doesn't do really anything but make other drivers irritated. Other than that, it is a great car and very economical for what you get. I plan to put well over 100,000 miles on it unless I get a craving for a newer car (:"

Coming from a former pick-up owner

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, build quality, cargo and passenger space"

Cons: "Road noise, backup camera, lack or power"

"To put this into perspective, I owned a 96 and 01 Ram and then a 13 Silverado. I purchased this car for the fuel economy, cabin size and trunk space. I never thought I'd own a car let alone a foreign car. I must say however, this car is absolutely fantastic! Given there are some problems, as there are with any vehicle on the market. The backup camera is a bit fuzzy, the cup holders aren't adjustable, the glasses holder don't fit my Oakley's and the CVT makes a lot of noise. HOWEVER, this is the closest I came to a proper luxury car without paying the high luxury price and this is really the best looking car in its class. The fuel economy is amazing, the seats are luxurious, the interior is superb quality and the Bose sound system will definitely get you some dirty looks in quiet neighborhoods. There is a bit of road noise for what you would expect from a car like this and the engine makes a constant quiet but high tone whine from the stainless steel belt in the CVT. The steering wheel does look and feel a bit cheep which I think is a set back due to it's the real connection you have with the car, nothing sets the tone like a comfortable and fat leather wrapped helm to make you feel like you're rolling down the lane in a Rolls Royce, this feels more like an old Honda but when you look down at the bright white dials and feel the leather cushioning in the seats then it won't bother you anyways. Now that was a bit negative so lets go to the positive notes. I live in gloriously cold Canada and nothing is more annoying than sitting in a cold car. Well, Thank you Nissan, the auto climate knows if the car is cold and turns on the heat and defrost with the remote start...AWESOME! The fuel economy is amazing, I actually enjoy looking at the average fuel economy data now and I really do manage to get the manufacturer rated and even better economy, if someone says it doesn't get it then they need to stop driving like its Nascar, and I'm 23 so I don't exactly drive like a grandma myself. The trunk is MASSIVE, I managed to fit a full size snow shovel, all my groceries and my dive gear in the trunk all together (yeah I do winter diving in a wet suit, take that Florida divers!). The back seat is massive, I'm 6'3 and I fit back there, however there could be about an inch or two more headroom. The GPS is extremely accurate and very detailed in directions. The ride is firm but comfortable and controlled, you don't feel like you're driving a boat. All features on the car are simple, easy to customize and friendly. And, as bad as it sounds, you get a lot of jealous looks from people driving down the street in this car. Mine is all black with all the chrome and it is a really slick looking car. Plus Nissan are known to last, inexpensive to repair and maintain a decent resale value if properly cared for. All in all. This is a fantastic car and I think I am a Nissan customer for life. P.S. Really good in the snow, climbed a 50 foot and pretty steep hill with 5" of snow and all season tires. BOSS!"

Quality car

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage in and around town. Comfortable."

Cons: "Owners manual doesn't show u where oil drain is"

"Great looks and excellent mileage. Can't beat the overall value."

2nd Altima

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Reliability, Comfort, Fun to Drive,"

Cons: "MUTE button for all commercials playing"

"I had a 2005 with a manual transmission, had 245,000 miles on it and the only thing that I had to replace was the alternator, the reason I had to get rid of it was because I was rear ended and the seats started making a squeaking noise that I could not tolerate so I researched and test drove all the "mid-size" cars out there, needless to say, all felt boring to me, even the new Altima, the first one I test drove had that whine (it was a 2013), got it as a rental and put over 2000 miles on it so I got the entire feel for it. Once the 2014 model came out, test drove it also and the steering noise was gone. I became interested, got the 2014 model and have been really happy with it, 42+ on 10 hr trips, all around mpg is 34.5, not from the car but the aCar app. At 44,000 miles, the only thing that I have had to replace has been the air filters (engine and AC). Took some getting used to the CVT because I really liked my 5-speed but now I can honestly say that I like it. I know other people that asked me about my experience, they had older Altis also and now they are driving around in brand new 2015 Altimas.... Could not be happier, well I could but would be really broke...."

HIGHLY Disappointed

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Great Pearl White Color"

Cons: "Loud Obnxious Noise from the Power Steering."

"Ive never owned or driven a Nissan, but Ive been a passenger in plenty of them and they seemed ok, but overpriced just like everything else out there. When Toyota sold me a wrecked car they were passing off as "certified", I went and traded it in and the salesman showed me this. Honestly, I only took this car because I was NOT taking home the car I was lied to about. This car was fine up until about 300 miles when it started this HORRIBLE and LOUD whining, humming, whistling noise. I took it to the shop just now and they said this is "normal" and nothing they can do about it. Well, it wasn't making the noise when I first drove it, and seeing other reviews here, its definitely some sort of design flaw. The noise is so bad it literally gives me a headache! The car is ok, some what comfortable, gas is ok, noise is horrendous and this in my opinion is not a $30,000 car (which is my final payment after interest). I have a video of it, I will try to get it posted sometime."

The front seats are great for long trips

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "2.5 SL options are great!"

Cons: "no cons!"

"This is the first car that I have owned that was comfortable for the entire 10 hour trip home. The gas mileage is also awesome- 44 mpg on regular gas straight highway on same 10 hour trip- couldn't ask for any better. Power is not lacking either for a 4 cylinder with a CVT transmission. The whine people talk about from power steering is only heard at times- not as bad as some people lead you to believe."

Great car, a little bumpy on the road

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room, very sleek, good pickup"

Cons: "bumpy when driving, kinda stiff, mpg are off"

"I just bought a 2015 Nissan Altima SL. It is a beautiful car and for a 4 cylinder it drives pretty good. I've noticed going down the highway when you hit a bump, you really feel it in this car. It's brand new and hopefully I'll just get used to it. The bluetooth system is amazing. The sound system is great. I think the MPG are exaggerated. I've never seen 38 MPG on the highway. Overall, its a pretty good car. I don't think that the back up camera is the best but it gets the job done. I'd buy one again."

Will never buy another Nissan

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"The Altima has a power steering assist unit and it whistles constantly.You can hear it at all times and the faster you go the higher it whistles.I have had it to the shop twice and they say this is normal..."

MPG exceeded expectations.

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Int. spacious, great mpg, good power."

Cons: "Int. is a dust magnet, improve interior fabric."

"Good power, excellent mpg (avg. 29-30, hwy I have gotten 42). Exterior styling is ok. I am, however, dissappointed in the interior, fabric on seats is not the quality of a previous Nissan owned, and the dash board and console is a dust magnet. The push button start, to me,is more of an inconvenience, would rather use a key. Wish it were an option."

The gas mileage for this size of a car is awesome.

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

"I avg 27-28 mpg in town and 35-36 mpg on the hwy. The car rides well and has plenty of power. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sedan to purchase."

Love it!!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "very fun to drive, roomy, sleek"

"this is the first time i have owned a Nissan and i just love this Altima. I moved from an SUV to this Altima thinking i would never get used to driving a car again, boy was i wrong. Sleek, classy looking. I just love it!!"

Good overall quality relative to the price

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Good MPG, Good & useful space, Many tech features"

Cons: "Low ground clearance & Light vehicle weight"

"I purchased a '14 2.5 SL in 05/14 for $27,000, and now in 01/15 I have put about 19,500 miles on it and am overall impressed with it. I have not had any mechanical issues with it yet, and I personally like the CVT as it has a smoother ride to it than a traditional transmission. The interior features with the heated steering wheel, heated front seats, Bose audio system, Bluetooth and Navigation are very nice for a mid-size sedan at this price range. I have also been very impressed by how comfortable the seats are as my last car also had very comfortable seats. Prior to purchasing my first Nissan I rode in a KIA Optima and a Hyundai Sonata and was very surprised by how uncomfortable the seats were. During the warm months I averaged anywhere from 32-37 MPG, and during the cold winter I am achieving about 28 MPG, however I have been letting the car idle quite a bit since I work out of it at times. The Altima, along with so many sedans anymore, do ride lower to the ground and are much lighter in order to boost the MPG, so in order to get around better during the Midwest winters I put snow-tires on the front 2 tires to gain better traction. The ground clearance and vehicle weight are certainly some key ideas to keep in mind if you're debating between purchasing a sedan and SUV. With all of that said I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants good MPG, many tech features, good interior space including a larger trunk than expected, without having to pay 30k+."

noisy drivetrain rattles

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

"made in m drivetrain. loud drivetrain and rattles"

Buyer Beware - Tech Package

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Good Price"

Cons: "Tech Package - Blind Spot Warning safety issues."

"I just purchased a 2015 Altima SV with the tech package. This package included the extra safety features that I thought would provide piece of mind, but was I wrong. There are 3 current problems with the car that I am writing about. 1. The 7" screen is very fuzzy when using the backup camera. Nissan says it's working as designed, even thou the same model car with the smaller screen is noticeably clearer. 2. The Nissan Apps that connect you with Pandora only works maybe 25% of the time, it normally says that there is an error, all while I can still stream music and make phone calls using bluetooth. 3. The third and biggest issue is with the blind spot warning system. Every time it rains or the roads are wet you will get false alarms flashing at you while driving or turning corners. This is highly distracting and makes the system useless when the roads are wet. When talking with my dealer, the service manager has the same car and same problem. I tried to call Nissan to ask for a fix and their response was the system is working as designed and to go away. Check out youtube for a couple videos on the issue. The dealers will tell you that all system do it, but that is another lie. We have a Hyundai that has never given a false alarm with the BSM and my friend has a Cadillac and no false alarms. Buyer beware, stay away from the tech package."

Best "Car" I've ever owned!

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Way more car for the money!"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"I've owned SUV's and Trucks for years, when we went looking for a car we tested the Toyota, Honda & Kia and decided on the Nissan. Greatest car EVER! The ride is great, the mileage is over 31 mpg, the seats are comfortable and I was shocked how great the 4 cylinder engine performs! It's so nice to drive after driving my truck, I feel like I'm in a $50k luxury car! Thanks Nissan!"

In Love With This Car

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful Exterior and Interior, Above average MPG"

Cons: "None at All"

"Traded in my uncomfortable riding 2013 Honda Accord for the 2015 Nissan Altima, and i think it was the best decision i ever made. i absolutely love driving my 2.5 sv Altima. The ride is so smooth, the seats are very comfortable unlike the Honda Accord. Just a beautiful car. The deck lid rear spoiler really brings out the sportiness in the car. I get many compliments about the car. Oh and the gas mileage is beyond perfect. The 4 cylinder really has some get up and go power. I would highly recommend this car to anyone is who looking for a stylish, fuel efficient, good quality car. I can honestly say that i am a proud new Nissan owner. Thank you Nissan."

No buyers remorse

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "tech package, cvt when passing, interior,mpg"

Cons: "I don't have one for the wife yet."

"2.5 SL I was sad to not get a better deal at 26k but I wanted it loaded and wow, I'm not disappointed. The fit and finish is awesome with the SL, Tech package is the best on the market for ease of use. I recommend the tech package for any nissan, at 1k upgrade its worth every penny. I smile each time i get in it. researched the cvt for 6 months and drove several at dealerships. I drove the 3.5 but honestly the 2.5 drove better and more balanced. 3.5 was a bit to much on the torque steer."

Best car ever

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"best car I owned (of 10 in 11 years).8"

I LOVE my Altima!!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Ride quality, MPG, Comfort, Sporty look and feel"

Cons: "I didn't get the higher trim level w BOSE/ NAVI"

"I absolutely LOVE my new Altima!! I drive a ton, and I bought my Altima just over a year ago. It has been super reliable!! I have had to do only minor required maintenance to it (oil changes, tire rotations, air filter) and I have never had a single issue with it. I recently moved from MA to ID and drove my car out here and had to sit in it for 4 days straight/ 12-14hrs a day; this really proved to me just how comfortable that Nissan's "Zero Gravity" seats really are. Plus, we had a pretty terrible winter last year in MA and my Altima was absolutely fantastic in the snow!! I was never in any sketchy situations in it and was never late to work regardless of how much it was snowing. Thank you Nissan for putting out another incredible car!! And don't even get me started on the gas mileage... half of my car payment is just what I save on gas vs the SUV that I was driving before I got my Altima. Kudos Nissan!!"