2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,185 - $21,030.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best "Car" I've ever owned!

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Way more car for the money!"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"I've owned SUV's and Trucks for years, when we went looking for a car we tested the Toyota, Honda & Kia and decided on the Nissan. Greatest car EVER! The ride is great, the mileage is over 31 mpg, the seats are comfortable and I was shocked how great the 4 cylinder engine performs! It's so nice to drive after driving my truck, I feel like I'm in a $50k luxury car! Thanks Nissan!"

In Love With This Car

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful Exterior and Interior, Above average MPG"

Cons: "None at All"

"Traded in my uncomfortable riding 2013 Honda Accord for the 2015 Nissan Altima, and i think it was the best decision i ever made. i absolutely love driving my 2.5 sv Altima. The ride is so smooth, the seats are very comfortable unlike the Honda Accord. Just a beautiful car. The deck lid rear spoiler really brings out the sportiness in the car. I get many compliments about the car. Oh and the gas mileage is beyond perfect. The 4 cylinder really has some get up and go power. I would highly recommend this car to anyone is who looking for a stylish, fuel efficient, good quality car. I can honestly say that i am a proud new Nissan owner. Thank you Nissan."

No buyers remorse

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "tech package, cvt when passing, interior,mpg"

Cons: "I don't have one for the wife yet."

"2.5 SL I was sad to not get a better deal at 26k but I wanted it loaded and wow, I'm not disappointed. The fit and finish is awesome with the SL, Tech package is the best on the market for ease of use. I recommend the tech package for any nissan, at 1k upgrade its worth every penny. I smile each time i get in it. researched the cvt for 6 months and drove several at dealerships. I drove the 3.5 but honestly the 2.5 drove better and more balanced. 3.5 was a bit to much on the torque steer."

Best car ever

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"best car I owned (of 10 in 11 years).8"

I LOVE my Altima!!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Ride quality, MPG, Comfort, Sporty look and feel"

Cons: "I didn't get the higher trim level w BOSE/ NAVI"

"I absolutely LOVE my new Altima!! I drive a ton, and I bought my Altima just over a year ago. It has been super reliable!! I have had to do only minor required maintenance to it (oil changes, tire rotations, air filter) and I have never had a single issue with it. I recently moved from MA to ID and drove my car out here and had to sit in it for 4 days straight/ 12-14hrs a day; this really proved to me just how comfortable that Nissan's "Zero Gravity" seats really are. Plus, we had a pretty terrible winter last year in MA and my Altima was absolutely fantastic in the snow!! I was never in any sketchy situations in it and was never late to work regardless of how much it was snowing. Thank you Nissan for putting out another incredible car!! And don't even get me started on the gas mileage... half of my car payment is just what I save on gas vs the SUV that I was driving before I got my Altima. Kudos Nissan!!"

Awesome car! Had 5 months thus 9 on Reliability

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "MPG 34.1 everyday! Great ride! No shifting CVT!"

Cons: "None so far! Owned 5 months 5000 miles"

"Drives great! Smooth quiet ride! CVT with no shift points is awesome! Bose sound is second to none! 34.1 MPG everyday driving is fantastic!"

My Second Review - Great Car

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "NONE"

"I did not have this car long enough to write an honest evaluation the first time. After having it several months now I would have to say that it is truly a GREAT CAR! The fuel mileage has been awesome! I have the 2015, 2.5L 4Cylinder SV with the CVT Transmission. This car is very fast and the seats are very comfortable. I did have a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL however the leg room was a bit cramped for me. The Rogue was a very good car but I needed more leg room. The Altima was the answer to the problem. I actually have to move the seat forward now. I would strongly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for great fuel mileage without sacrificing leg room and comfort, plus performance!"

Not disapointed

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Aesthetics, mpg, comfort"

Cons: "Noise"

"I really liked my 2012, unfortunately so did a deer, so I ended up getting a 2014 recently. I did get it used and it handles similarly to the previous generation. I did not expect Luxury when I getting a Nissan, so while it is very aesthetically pleasing, and I like the overall attempt at a luxury look, I knew what I was getting into. There is a lot of road noise and if you push it too much it hinders your gas mileage and it can get loud. It is far more comfortable than the previous generation though, and better overall mpg. Really, it's a good price, with good looks, good gas mileage, and a good driving experience. (Plus I like the stock stereo system) If I have any complaints it's that the luggage hooks in the trunk keep getting caught on my stuff."

good car for price

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Good Price -- Roomy -- Commuter/family car"

Cons: "Less than expected MPG"

"I enjoy driving this car. The car is a good commuter car. I traded my 2009 Chevy truck for the Altima. I get 26 - 28 MPG in the city and 31 - 33 highway. The sticker mileage claims 28/38. I have never gotten the highway mileage. It is a fun car to drive. It takes curves very easily. The computer in the dash tells you the tire pressure. It is roomier than I expected. I am 6' 2" and have plenty of head room."

A year later and still loving it! (w/remote start)

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, good pricing, remote start"

Cons: "Gas milage can be disappointing"

"The new style of Altima has a very bad reputation. When I was looking for a new car, I was iffy on choosing the Altima. This was the car that I really wanted but knew I was not getting the 2013 models. I have owned my 2014 Altima for a year now and I am still loving it. While I will admit I did have some issues with this car that was making me second guess this car. The back up camera stopped working about two weeks in. I took it in and was told the whole radio (w/o nav) had to be replaced. I was not happy with this car being so young. The radio was replaced and about 4 months later the same problem occurred. Not only was the radio causing issues, there was a very loud whining at low speeds. Then the A/C fan became unbearably loud when it was on high mode. (The fan would sound as if it was trying to hard to operate and would shake the dashboard). This was about 4 months into ownership. So I decided to change service stations rather than give up on this car. Once I took it to a NON Nissan dealership... everything started working. The car now runs great! I no longer have any issues with it. The gas mileage is OK. The best gas mileage I have seen it 620 miles on a full tank! However I was driving in a small town and was driving through a couple of states. In the big city where I live, I average about 27-30 MPG. (Depending how much driving I am doing for that week) The cloth seats have been very durable and are fairly easy to clean. (I regularly clean my car due having a dog, every two weeks. The seats are beige as well.) With that in mind, this is how I have been able to keep the car looking new. This car is very comfortable, especially in long road trips. The car handles well and takes curves and turns fairly tight (it is not a small car but it does well.) When you lightly step on the gas pedal you can barely hear the CVT. (When the radio is on) When you slam on the gas pedal the CVT is loud and roars, but I guess that is a CVT. Overall this car has been a great commuter car. It fits me perfectly and I still enjoy driving it. My only advise to buyers looking at this car is take it for a extensive test drive. With the Altima's bad reviews and a lot of recalls, you definitely want to make sure that your potential new Altima is NOT another LEMON."

Best sedan for the money on the market.

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Best car for the money!"

Cons: "Not many negatives."

"We had a 2010 Rogue that we traded in for this 2.5 SV 2014 model. The Rogue was a great vehicle but the difference in the quality and design changes in the 4 years was unreal. The Altima has stepped up it's game. The craftsmanship and high quality materials seem more like an Infiniti vehicle. The controls are intuitive and easy to use. We have the Technology package and have found it to be wonderful. A must buy for anyone looking for a sedan without spending tons of money."

Just bought my first nissan..and I love it

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "nearly everything, design, look, way it drives"

Cons: "haven't found any yet"

"Never had a Nissan before, always been a mustang/charger or suv type of guy, however I finally purchased the Altima after listening to people talk about it and I love it. Best car I have ever driven to this point. highly recommend it."

Update Altima SV

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfort,ride, looks and Gas mileage."

"Still an awesome car!! Still getting 32 overall MPG and 38 HWY!! Can't complain! Great road trip car very quiet and smooth on the road. Went from a 6 cylinder to this 4 cylinder car and ill tell you what you really can't tell the difference."

My Favorite car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I've had lots of cars, including BMW 5 series, Audi s4, A6, and this one is the nicest one with the lest trouble to own. Handling is as good as I need, and acceleration is super, there at any speed. The interface in the electronics is very good, except for the voice recognition...a bit slow, and repetitive. BUt it's a beautiful and very comfortable, quiet car, with lots of muscle. Oh, and did I say 29mpg average?"

Great car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "great handling and styling, gas mileage"

"This is my first Nissan and I am very impressed . Very nice riding car with great gas mileage. 38 MPG on Highway . Handles great on back roads thru the turns . Very stylist for a four door car . Remote start, back up camera, blue tooth ,allsome stereo ,all at a affordable price"

Disapointed.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Cons: "noise"

"Unfortunately the four cylinder is nosier than my son's diesel Jetta ! The road noise in the interior is awful !"

Great car. Replaced Toyota Avalon. Equal less $.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive."

Cons: "Steering is very quick."

"Love this car. Fuel economy is unbelievable and meets or exceeds EPA rating. Performance is great for a 2.5 4cyl. The steering is a little too quick and you have to get used to it. Overall, I like it as well as my old 2004 Toyota Avalon plus much better mileage and is very quiet. I am not sorry about the trade."

Nice entry level IF you keep it forever.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Reason: wanted an all wheel drive

Pros: "Cheap fun car which handles great."

Cons: "NO TRADE IN VALUE!!!!!!!"

"This is a good entry level vehicle which has NO TRADE IN VALUE. Purchased it used 15 months ago. At that time, it had 25K on the clock. Traded it in at same dealer (Purchased a new Rogue S All Wheel Drive) for a vehicle which had all wheel drive for my wife. I wouldn't purchase another "S" Altima for it's noisy, extreme wind noise from the windows, exhaust heat shield noise (Had it back for "Adjustments) 8 times to no avail. Good car for a college student, but keep it until the wheels fall off for it has NO TRADE VALUE. We lost 8 THOUSAND DOLLARS in 15 months. WOW is all I have to say. I would purchase another, but it would be a more "Up Scale Model" like the SV or move up to the Maxima (for comfort and nicer interior/ride). I'm not "Bashing" the Altima, but it is what it is.....a throw away car. We have a Rogue "S" which my wife loves, and it's safer for her in the winter. We have really rough winters up here in Oswego, New York. I also own a Nissan Titan 1/2 ton Pick Up with a shorter bed so I could have a full size interior. Love it!!!"

All looks only

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Only comfortable seating"

Cons: "Uncorrectable noises, bad gas mileage"

"They say 38 mpg on the highway... They say a quiet interior ride... They lied. First, I will say that the interior is really comfortable. That is the extent of the positive. In order to get even close to 38 mpg on the highway, you cannot go over 65. You also cannot have your heater or AC on. Last time i checked, several states have speed limits of 70, including mine. And typically, in order not to be run over on the highway, you need to travel between 5-10 miles faster then the speed limit. And when temps outside are reading 90 or higher or 30 and below, you need to have either the heater or air on. So you will be lucky to get 28-32 mpg for normal highway driving. I do not know if they corrected this with the 14s, but the 13s also produce a terrible whining noise. And they say there is nothing they can do about it. It supposedly has something to do with the power steering cables location. So save your money and aggravation. PS, the car value is down to about 60% after just over a year..."

A well priced competitive with full features

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks, Blind spot Lane warning, rear camera"

Cons: "DRL"

"A nice car and value for money. Nice interiors, good looks. Smooth driving and has all the key features at right price."

My wife's dream car. She absolutely loves it.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

"This is a dream car for my wife, and she loves it. It rides very well. I am use to the "jerk" of other transmissions, so this one is taking some getting use to. The look of it is awesome, inside and out. Moves up and down the highway really well, and is efficient enough to drive around town. Mainly my wife loves it, so you know what my life is like since I bought her the 2014 2.5SL"

Unbelievable bang for the buck.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"This car is LOADED. I have the 3.5 SL. I leased it with everything. Black with beige leather. I am so glad I did. I've had some minor hiccups here and there, but nothing to write home about. The Bose speakers pump so be prepared for that rattling in the front, center speaker. I have had quite a few vehicles in my life. (2 Maxima's, Audi Q5, Jeep Liberty, Honda Pilot...) I always try and get them loaded because they retain there value more and it is harder to regret your purchase when you are driving down the road and see another one ;o) and Nissan has really included a lot compared to other fully loaded vehicles. It handles great, has nice punch. Fuel isn't exactly what is advertised, but I didn't expect it to be with 270 horses, especially when you switch to manual and use the paddles. A different salesmen approached me after I signed for it and said I took his car. He was driving a 2012 Maxima at the time so I asked him why he wanted it over the Maxima? He said he can't believe how loaded the new generation is. I agreed and asked him what's the difference between it and the Maxima at this point? Now granted, the Max does have more horsepower and a few more options, but not many, so I thought his answer described the Altima perfectly. He said the difference between the Altima and Maxima now is "about 10k." It really is a great car compared to others in its class as well, when you get all Nissan is offering for it. I plan on buying mine out at the end of the lease."

better than my 2005

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "price is great and mileage is outstanding"

Cons: "none that i have found"

"Amazed at how much improved in styling and performance and the price is not much more than my 2005"

My favorite car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Read my reivew"

"I own a 2013 Altima S (2.5). Black/Blue color. I had to give my son my 2002 Acura TL to get back and forth to school and work. I loved that car. Needless to say, I had to look for a new car that was good on gas A MUST. I got the S since I'm not into HiTech screen displays, multimedia etc...in the car as I don’t spend too much time in it. I wanted a good car that drove nice and good on gas. The styling inside is very sleek. I like the chrome detail which some people may not care for. Seats feel deep which I like but you can raise the chair up. The car would be ideal for very tall people, which I am not. I feel very safe in it and it does not have a "tin" feeling. Solid car tht can play with the best of them. The car has guts. She's got moxy. Drives very nice for mid-size sedan with great handling. luxurious feel while feeling sporty. Best bang for your buck staying in a reasonable budget for luxury. If you have soda pop money and can't afford a Lexus, this will suffice. I've read people complain about the CVT, but once it cruises is very quiet. Don't even notice. The car is very easy over bumps. This does not have your typical gears; D, D1, D2, D3. It has D and Ds since the transmission does not change gears. Some people may not like in bad weather (snow/ice) for lack of control over the gears for them that want such. For comfort, I gave a 7. The seats are very nice and comfy with the zero gravity and lots of room. The only thing that bothered me was the headrest, for me the driver. It tilts forward, and makes my head need to lean forward at the neck. I try to correct by leaning the seat back to adjust. Other than that, very comfy. I hear people make remarks over the camera (backup) in the other models. These are Drive Assists to help and aide, not to watch movies. These are to aide driving, not do it for you. Me, I trust my own eyes. I’ve been driving since I was 17 and am now 43. I don’t need blind spot, lane departure or cameras, I’ve been hit by idiots though which these features do ZERO in that respect. Some people like these tid bits and I do respect the technology that it is there for people that like this. The car is very good on gas. I drive 33miles in total to work."

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Leg Room and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We have a 2015 Altima and it so much fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and it is great on long trips. The fuel mileage is much better then the Toyota Corolla we had and the Altima is so much bigger! I would highly recommend this car."