2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,160 - $21,128.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 229 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Luxurious but noises and vibrations

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I have owned this car since June 2013. It has been very reliable. The seats are comfortable, the Bose system and the navigation is great, it looks beautiful inside and out. Good gas mileage. However, the noise and vibrations from the engine is unacceptable! Noisy upon slow acceleration and a vibration is felt in the steering column and the seat cushion. Too bad, this would have been the perfect car! Had 2 other Nissans and I loved them. Can't wait till this lease is over!"

Upgraded from 2010 Altima

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Value, technology, MPG, fun to drive"

Cons: "Sunglass holder too small."

"In Oct of 2012 I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a Buick Verano on a whim and want a mistake that was. 2 months later I traded it in for another Altima SV with Convenience and Navigation. I could not be happier. I liked my 2010 Altima, but I absolutely love the new one. It is comfortable, convenient, the MPG is great...I cannot think of anything negative to say."

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

THE BEST FOR LESS

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT PRICE GREAT CAR"

Cons: "HAVE NOT FOUND ANY"

"THIS IS MY FIRST NISSAN AND IT CHANGED MY MIND ON CARS THIS ALTIMA SL IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I BOUGHT GREAT GAS MILAGE RIDES AND HANDLES GREAT I TRADED MY MERCEDES IN AND THE BEST MOVE I MADE I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THIS CAR FEELS LIKE A MILLION AND COST PENNEYS BUT MOST INPORTANT LOTS OF QUALITY GREAT WORKMANSHIP PUT INTO THIS CAR GREAT WORK NISSAN DOC LASVEGAS NV"

So far so good!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, ride, seats, back up camera"

Cons: "None yet!"

"Read some reviews on this car and was a little concerned, took the car on a trip and averaged 39.5 mpg at 70mph thats pretty amazing for a larger midsize car! My over all mpg is 32mpg in the city all the time. For the new CVT transmission jury is still out on that one, time will tell had a little shudder at a very low Rpm once but hasn't happened again maybe the rpm' s are too low at a low speed to pull this large car but it only happened once. Love the features that come with the SV model, has an awesome ride on the hwy very smooth and quiet the 4 cylinder moves the car with ease on the highway and the seats are very comfortable,makes this car great road trip car!"

best car deal on the Raod today

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "everything has been imrpoved"

Cons: "Prefer small wheels over larger ones"

"I am 64 years old and have owned just about all types of cars and several trucks . I do my own work normally and love a quality product . I have owned Hondas , Toyotas , and Nissans plus the American cars . I notice when large improvements have been made over a particular model compared to previous years . This new 2013 Altima is by far the most improved Car over previous models I have ever seen . Virtually everything has been improved . The paint job is way better , the body style , the quietness , the comfortable seats , the performance , the gas mileage , the interior , the electronics , the transmission , . The list is a mile long . Naturally you may prefer one type car over the other . Nothing wrong with other types . The market is flooding with quality machines . But this car is drastically improved , it is the quality of Lexus , or something much more expensive . Plus if you get it on sale and low interest rates you simply can not believe the deal . it is like I am driving a 40,000 car I only paid 25 K for . The 3.5 SV has the cloth seats which I absolutely love , I get about 32 road and about 25 average around town . It blows the American cars out the window for the price ."

Love my Altima

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, good price, roomy, stylish,"

Cons: "none so far"

"This is my first Nissan purchase. So far I am very happy with my new Altima. I have read a lot of reviews both good and bad. I took a chance on getting this car despite what some people have said. I am glad I went ahead and purchased the car. I find the car to be stylish, roomy, and getting good gas mileage. I do not have any major issues with the car. I love the push start with intelligence key. I am very happy and would recommend a test drive for anyone who is thinking about this car. Do not pass up a test drive on the negative reviews you have read. This car is not for everyone and all cars have some kind of fault in them. As long as the car starts and gets me to where I need to be that is a positive for me."

Just leased the new Altima

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Sexy curves, great navi,"

Cons: "SV model doesnt have HID lights"

"I am writing this review after only having the car for one week. I had a 2011 Maxima that was totaled in a flood from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I was debating on going back into the Maxima but I really love the look of the Altima. My Maxima was fully loaded and I loved it. After weighing my options I decided to go with the 2.5 SV Altima. All I can say is WOW! I didn't get the leather or Bose option this time around. I do miss the sound system and the leather I had on my Maxima. The Altima sound system is "okay" and I feel it could be a bit better. Overall I really enjoy the car thou. The navigation is pretty cool and the look of the car is pretty sexy in black. I only did a 24 month lease and put the taxes down and my payment is under $250 a month. Nissan is advertising 2k down plus taxes for the 2.5S model for 199 a month so I feel I got a great deal on this. I am extremely happy with the car!"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "milage fit/finish handling"

Cons: "back up camera"

"overall i love this car. seat heaters are wired improperly and back up camera is virtually worthless but i am confident that nissan will address these issues. milage is as good as advertised. the four cylinder motor is smooth and surpisingly strong. fit and finish is excellent as is handling. if nissan's service turns out to be as good as the car i would change my rating to a 10."

A well designed auto.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Average price model with options, well appointed."

Cons: "Noisy, choppy ride, CVT performance."

"I have owned Nissan automobiles for many years, primarily Maxima types. This model has been a true gasoline saver with the 2.5L 4 cyl engine, The average fuel use averaged around 33 miles per gallon. The motor was a real eye opener, the pick-speed is on par with previous V8's, passing also tops. However, the ride is choppy with a very bothersome tire/road noise. The CVT transmission is a wonderful addition in the heavier Maxima, in this lighter model it does not perform as smoothly."

Great car. Replaced Toyota Avalon. Equal less $.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive."

Cons: "Steering is very quick."

"Love this car. Fuel economy is unbelievable and meets or exceeds EPA rating. Performance is great for a 2.5 4cyl. The steering is a little too quick and you have to get used to it. Overall, I like it as well as my old 2004 Toyota Avalon plus much better mileage and is very quiet. I am not sorry about the trade."

I would buy this exact car again.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks great."

Cons: "Camera could use an update"

"I love the car. It is fully loaded, fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I knew it was a CVT and have no problem with the smoothness of the start-off. The leather seats are more comfortable than those of much more expensive cars, and the controls on the dash are easy to use and the navigation system works good and looks good. I think the camera is not as great as the Accord's - but it certainly does what it's supposed to."

My 1st nissan

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "none so far after 6 months"

"just want to start saying this the first nissan i have ever purchased. i was always a ford customer. i have been driving this car about 6 months have had no issues. my wife has a 2012 ford fusion sel with a v6 i cannot ride in her car for a long period of time as i become very uncomfortable in my altima comfort is not a issue gas mileage fusion averages about 26 in city altima about 34 highway fusion about 32 altima 39 the interior is much quieter in the altima power the altimas 4 has better acceleration than the fusion the altima is a better selling price point than the fusion can go on but so far no complaints about about my altima. there are more good things i could say about this car but i think you understand love my altima ps have to teenage boys and there is plenty of room for them in backseat"

Good Vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Great all around car."

Cons: "Wind noise from the side mirrors"

"This vehicle would be great if it was not for the wind noise coming from the outside mirrors. I have taken it in several times and they can't fix the problem."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great buy on a car that is as good as my Lincoln"

Cons: "None for me"

"This is the most fun I have had in a long time. Love all the standard comforts and the ride. Just got back from 1200 mile trip WOW 41 MILES Per gallon for real Better then my Lincoln hybrid If you like a comfortable ride great fuel economy and want most creature comforts this is a great valu"

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

About average for the class

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reason: mileage

Pros: "Style, good value"

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable neck supports"

"The Altima I owned was a pretty nice car overall. The main complaint is that it never achieved the EPA mpg ratings advertised. If you use the car's computer to calculate mileage it looks like you are getting what is advertised. However, if you perform your own calculations based on miles traveled between fill ups I always ended up about 5 mpg below what the computer calculated. I am not a lead foot, btw. The car is attractive inside and out and I had no reliability issues while I owned it."

My dream car!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and very fun to drive!!!"

Cons: "Really nothing."

"I wanted this car for 2 years and it's finally mine! I love everything about it inside and out! It's the perfect car for me like it was custom made!"

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

"I bought my Altima in July 2013 now have 8,000 miles on it. Test drove both engines 6 and 4 but preferred the 4 over because get better gas mileage and rides more like a car in horsepower. This car is best in being comfortable its great in quality. Handles smooth with impressive ride love controls pretty amazed on nice touches. Heated seats, audio system, blue tooth, rear/moving object detection camera all works absolutely great on car. Interior is very quiet what I like about this car is how have the vehicle information display setup right at speedometer on everything from maintenance warnings and fuel economy so much featured best without looking down at electronics as radio, blue tooth when having text sent off my phone at the hands free phone system. Overall luv my car after having for 8 months now the best new car purchase ever made one of my favorite vehicles in purchased for 32 years doing my new car buying experiences."

Dramatic upgrade of a solid vehicle

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, heated steering wheel, key start"

Cons: "None found yet"

"Have admired the styling upgrade for the past year and after much consideration of alternatives, I am very happy with the Altima ! Wow factor in full force with SL model, in all categories, value, tech, economy, connivence, performance , and safety. Most of all I love how it looks and drives. Based on past reviews I'm looking forward to many satisfying years of service."

Good, not amazing.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "good drive, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "weak body metals and paint, relatively boring"

"I traded in a 2011 Altima for the 2013 and just about expected it to be marginally better. The driving is firm and sporty, yet comfortable. In sum, the 2.5 litre is capable and I average 31 mpg as stated on the sticker. It's pretty boring compared to other offerings, but that's not a bad thing to some people. My main issue is with the exterior paint and metal. The paint chips and the doors dent easily (due to my fault for parking next to careless people) but still I expected it to hold up somewhat. I've already had to use the rust warranty for the trunk because the metal piece was causing the paint to wear off underneath it and rusting (on a 2013 car in 2013). Also having a black (kh3) Altima doesn't help disguise the exterior flaws. In the end I enjoy it, but I won't be sad when I move onto the next Altima or car."

Excellent Car

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Nav/Computer/XM Radio, Materials, Quality, Value"

Cons: "Needs Position Memory(s) on the Power Seats.."

"Personally I'm very pragmatic and drive the bottom of the line value vehicles into the ground. But, I got this 2.5SL w/4cyl for my wife. She drives only in the city and rarely gets on the highway. Her Heavy footed city driving is getting 25/26 mpg consistently. We have Zero(0) complaints with the Altima. No rattles, strange noises.. Nothing. Never been back to the shop - I probably should take it back to see if there are any recalls or anything, but everything seems perfect and I can change the oil. This machine is extremely well built and contains lots of nice materials. It just feels right - and nothing in it feels cheap. It has so many features that we still haven't figured all of the NAV/XM and computer read outs. We're learning.. This thing has so many features to tie into our iphones, text messaging etc.. that it will be entertaining if we ever go on a long trip. Anyway Very Nice, seems quicker than our old V6 Maxima - and I would certainly buy another one - but probably not for 10-15 years. I just sold her 92 maxima to the junk yard because I crashed it into a bridge - and the junk yard bought it because the engine and transmission were still good."

WOW great car.

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I own 2011 Nissan Frontier, and on March 3 2013 I went to a Nissan dealership to oil change and come back with 2013 Nissan Altima. Now I have 2 Nissans. I tell you soon is get in this car I knew I will buy this car but I didn't tell a dealer anything, after I test drive I told him lets do the paper work now. I had 2002 Nissan Maxima that I sold 3 month ago, car had 165000k on it. Great car.And now I have great Altima. I put 500 miles and stiil have about 2-3 gallons in tank. Interior can compet with cars like Lexus and Acura."