2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,661 - $21,556.

10/8.5

7.9

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Stiil great car

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Great loocking car."

Cons: "I have model S, no fog lights they are very help."

"I left my review a year ago, car had about 1000 miles, now it has 10000 and still great car with a great gas mileage and performance. Just want to tell people who complain about noise, try Ford or Chevy or other vehicles with same tape of engine and you will experience same noise."

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Good Price, Stylish, Quiet,Comfortable,Classy"

Cons: "CVT Rubber Bandy at times"

"Honestly best car I have ever owned. CVT Is a little annoying at times but then again perfect in certain situations Classy Looks"

About average for the class

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reason: mileage

Pros: "Style, good value"

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable neck supports"

"The Altima I owned was a pretty nice car overall. The main complaint is that it never achieved the EPA mpg ratings advertised. If you use the car's computer to calculate mileage it looks like you are getting what is advertised. However, if you perform your own calculations based on miles traveled between fill ups I always ended up about 5 mpg below what the computer calculated. I am not a lead foot, btw. The car is attractive inside and out and I had no reliability issues while I owned it."

MPG may be overstated...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "cup holders are a bit small"

"I have to say, I love my Altima! However, it is rated at 38mpg on the highway and I have yet to achieve that. I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday on country roads going about 60-65mph. Even with that and minimal in-town driving, I average about 34mpg. I have tried going 50-55mph on my way to work but that doesn't do really anything but make other drivers irritated. Other than that, it is a great car and very economical for what you get. I plan to put well over 100,000 miles on it unless I get a craving for a newer car (:"

Coming from a former pick-up owner

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, build quality, cargo and passenger space"

Cons: "Road noise, backup camera, lack or power"

"To put this into perspective, I owned a 96 and 01 Ram and then a 13 Silverado. I purchased this car for the fuel economy, cabin size and trunk space. I never thought I'd own a car let alone a foreign car. I must say however, this car is absolutely fantastic! Given there are some problems, as there are with any vehicle on the market. The backup camera is a bit fuzzy, the cup holders aren't adjustable, the glasses holder don't fit my Oakley's and the CVT makes a lot of noise. HOWEVER, this is the closest I came to a proper luxury car without paying the high luxury price and this is really the best looking car in its class. The fuel economy is amazing, the seats are luxurious, the interior is superb quality and the Bose sound system will definitely get you some dirty looks in quiet neighborhoods. There is a bit of road noise for what you would expect from a car like this and the engine makes a constant quiet but high tone whine from the stainless steel belt in the CVT. The steering wheel does look and feel a bit cheep which I think is a set back due to it's the real connection you have with the car, nothing sets the tone like a comfortable and fat leather wrapped helm to make you feel like you're rolling down the lane in a Rolls Royce, this feels more like an old Honda but when you look down at the bright white dials and feel the leather cushioning in the seats then it won't bother you anyways. Now that was a bit negative so lets go to the positive notes. I live in gloriously cold Canada and nothing is more annoying than sitting in a cold car. Well, Thank you Nissan, the auto climate knows if the car is cold and turns on the heat and defrost with the remote start...AWESOME! The fuel economy is amazing, I actually enjoy looking at the average fuel economy data now and I really do manage to get the manufacturer rated and even better economy, if someone says it doesn't get it then they need to stop driving like its Nascar, and I'm 23 so I don't exactly drive like a grandma myself. The trunk is MASSIVE, I managed to fit a full size snow shovel, all my groceries and my dive gear in the trunk all together (yeah I do winter diving in a wet suit, take that Florida divers!). The back seat is massive, I'm 6'3 and I fit back there, however there could be about an inch or two more headroom. The GPS is extremely accurate and very detailed in directions. The ride is firm but comfortable and controlled, you don't feel like you're driving a boat. All features on the car are simple, easy to customize and friendly. And, as bad as it sounds, you get a lot of jealous looks from people driving down the street in this car. Mine is all black with all the chrome and it is a really slick looking car. Plus Nissan are known to last, inexpensive to repair and maintain a decent resale value if properly cared for. All in all. This is a fantastic car and I think I am a Nissan customer for life. P.S. Really good in the snow, climbed a 50 foot and pretty steep hill with 5" of snow and all season tires. BOSS!"