2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,523 - $21,264.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Update Altima SV

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfort,ride, looks and Gas mileage."

"Still an awesome car!! Still getting 32 overall MPG and 38 HWY!! Can't complain! Great road trip car very quiet and smooth on the road. Went from a 6 cylinder to this 4 cylinder car and ill tell you what you really can't tell the difference."

My Favorite car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I've had lots of cars, including BMW 5 series, Audi s4, A6, and this one is the nicest one with the lest trouble to own. Handling is as good as I need, and acceleration is super, there at any speed. The interface in the electronics is very good, except for the voice recognition...a bit slow, and repetitive. BUt it's a beautiful and very comfortable, quiet car, with lots of muscle. Oh, and did I say 29mpg average?"

Great car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "great handling and styling, gas mileage"

"This is my first Nissan and I am very impressed . Very nice riding car with great gas mileage. 38 MPG on Highway . Handles great on back roads thru the turns . Very stylist for a four door car . Remote start, back up camera, blue tooth ,allsome stereo ,all at a affordable price"

Disapointed.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Cons: "noise"

"Unfortunately the four cylinder is nosier than my son's diesel Jetta ! The road noise in the interior is awful !"

Great car. Replaced Toyota Avalon. Equal less $.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive."

Cons: "Steering is very quick."

"Love this car. Fuel economy is unbelievable and meets or exceeds EPA rating. Performance is great for a 2.5 4cyl. The steering is a little too quick and you have to get used to it. Overall, I like it as well as my old 2004 Toyota Avalon plus much better mileage and is very quiet. I am not sorry about the trade."

Nice entry level IF you keep it forever.

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Reason: wanted an all wheel drive

Pros: "Cheap fun car which handles great."

Cons: "NO TRADE IN VALUE!!!!!!!"

"This is a good entry level vehicle which has NO TRADE IN VALUE. Purchased it used 15 months ago. At that time, it had 25K on the clock. Traded it in at same dealer (Purchased a new Rogue S All Wheel Drive) for a vehicle which had all wheel drive for my wife. I wouldn't purchase another "S" Altima for it's noisy, extreme wind noise from the windows, exhaust heat shield noise (Had it back for "Adjustments) 8 times to no avail. Good car for a college student, but keep it until the wheels fall off for it has NO TRADE VALUE. We lost 8 THOUSAND DOLLARS in 15 months. WOW is all I have to say. I would purchase another, but it would be a more "Up Scale Model" like the SV or move up to the Maxima (for comfort and nicer interior/ride). I'm not "Bashing" the Altima, but it is what it is.....a throw away car. We have a Rogue "S" which my wife loves, and it's safer for her in the winter. We have really rough winters up here in Oswego, New York. I also own a Nissan Titan 1/2 ton Pick Up with a shorter bed so I could have a full size interior. Love it!!!"

All looks only

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Only comfortable seating"

Cons: "Uncorrectable noises, bad gas mileage"

"They say 38 mpg on the highway... They say a quiet interior ride... They lied. First, I will say that the interior is really comfortable. That is the extent of the positive. In order to get even close to 38 mpg on the highway, you cannot go over 65. You also cannot have your heater or AC on. Last time i checked, several states have speed limits of 70, including mine. And typically, in order not to be run over on the highway, you need to travel between 5-10 miles faster then the speed limit. And when temps outside are reading 90 or higher or 30 and below, you need to have either the heater or air on. So you will be lucky to get 28-32 mpg for normal highway driving. I do not know if they corrected this with the 14s, but the 13s also produce a terrible whining noise. And they say there is nothing they can do about it. It supposedly has something to do with the power steering cables location. So save your money and aggravation. PS, the car value is down to about 60% after just over a year..."

A well priced competitive with full features

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks, Blind spot Lane warning, rear camera"

Cons: "DRL"

"A nice car and value for money. Nice interiors, good looks. Smooth driving and has all the key features at right price."

My wife's dream car. She absolutely loves it.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

"This is a dream car for my wife, and she loves it. It rides very well. I am use to the "jerk" of other transmissions, so this one is taking some getting use to. The look of it is awesome, inside and out. Moves up and down the highway really well, and is efficient enough to drive around town. Mainly my wife loves it, so you know what my life is like since I bought her the 2014 2.5SL"

Unbelievable bang for the buck.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"This car is LOADED. I have the 3.5 SL. I leased it with everything. Black with beige leather. I am so glad I did. I've had some minor hiccups here and there, but nothing to write home about. The Bose speakers pump so be prepared for that rattling in the front, center speaker. I have had quite a few vehicles in my life. (2 Maxima's, Audi Q5, Jeep Liberty, Honda Pilot...) I always try and get them loaded because they retain there value more and it is harder to regret your purchase when you are driving down the road and see another one ;o) and Nissan has really included a lot compared to other fully loaded vehicles. It handles great, has nice punch. Fuel isn't exactly what is advertised, but I didn't expect it to be with 270 horses, especially when you switch to manual and use the paddles. A different salesmen approached me after I signed for it and said I took his car. He was driving a 2012 Maxima at the time so I asked him why he wanted it over the Maxima? He said he can't believe how loaded the new generation is. I agreed and asked him what's the difference between it and the Maxima at this point? Now granted, the Max does have more horsepower and a few more options, but not many, so I thought his answer described the Altima perfectly. He said the difference between the Altima and Maxima now is "about 10k." It really is a great car compared to others in its class as well, when you get all Nissan is offering for it. I plan on buying mine out at the end of the lease."

better than my 2005

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "price is great and mileage is outstanding"

Cons: "none that i have found"

"Amazed at how much improved in styling and performance and the price is not much more than my 2005"

My favorite car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Read my reivew"

"I own a 2013 Altima S (2.5). Black/Blue color. I had to give my son my 2002 Acura TL to get back and forth to school and work. I loved that car. Needless to say, I had to look for a new car that was good on gas A MUST. I got the S since I'm not into HiTech screen displays, multimedia etc...in the car as I don’t spend too much time in it. I wanted a good car that drove nice and good on gas. The styling inside is very sleek. I like the chrome detail which some people may not care for. Seats feel deep which I like but you can raise the chair up. The car would be ideal for very tall people, which I am not. I feel very safe in it and it does not have a "tin" feeling. Solid car tht can play with the best of them. The car has guts. She's got moxy. Drives very nice for mid-size sedan with great handling. luxurious feel while feeling sporty. Best bang for your buck staying in a reasonable budget for luxury. If you have soda pop money and can't afford a Lexus, this will suffice. I've read people complain about the CVT, but once it cruises is very quiet. Don't even notice. The car is very easy over bumps. This does not have your typical gears; D, D1, D2, D3. It has D and Ds since the transmission does not change gears. Some people may not like in bad weather (snow/ice) for lack of control over the gears for them that want such. For comfort, I gave a 7. The seats are very nice and comfy with the zero gravity and lots of room. The only thing that bothered me was the headrest, for me the driver. It tilts forward, and makes my head need to lean forward at the neck. I try to correct by leaning the seat back to adjust. Other than that, very comfy. I hear people make remarks over the camera (backup) in the other models. These are Drive Assists to help and aide, not to watch movies. These are to aide driving, not do it for you. Me, I trust my own eyes. I’ve been driving since I was 17 and am now 43. I don’t need blind spot, lane departure or cameras, I’ve been hit by idiots though which these features do ZERO in that respect. Some people like these tid bits and I do respect the technology that it is there for people that like this. The car is very good on gas. I drive 33miles in total to work."

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Leg Room and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We have a 2015 Altima and it so much fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and it is great on long trips. The fuel mileage is much better then the Toyota Corolla we had and the Altima is so much bigger! I would highly recommend this car."

We Love It!!!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Mileage anf Appearence"

"My husband and I bought this car because of its comfort and appearance. The 2015 Nissan Altima SV is a great car with a very powerful 4 cylinder engine. The sound system is great and we have the tech package. We chose the Saharan Stone color which looks so classy. The fuel mileage has been incredible so far averaging over 32 MPG around town. The Michelin tires are so quiet and the overall handling is great! This is a great car for the price!"

Outstanding Car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Performanace"

Cons: "NONE"

"This review is for a 2015 Nissan Altima SV, 2.5 Liter, Automatic CVT – I have owned many Nissans throughout the years and this car is one of the best yet. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. The zero gravity seats are everything they claim to be. The electronic assist steering is very responsive. The CVT with the D-Step has the overdrive which delivers awesome fuel mileage. Who needs a Hybrid when you own an Altima? The SV package is so nicely put together. I choose the Tech package which added so much more to the deal. The price was right and we are very happy with this vehicle!"

Love the New 2015 Altima

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"This is my second Altima. Traded in my 2005 2.5S and got a 2015 2.5SV last week. Tested a 2014 Honda Accord as well (never quite liked Camry). The Accord has a noticeably roomier interior, but the Altima beats it hands down in terms of ride, overall cabin noise and seat comfortableness. This is my daily-commute car. One-way drive to/from work is about 25 miles, almost all highway. So I am expecting a considerable savings on gas, compared to my old Altima. I went for an SV trim this time mainly for the back-up camera and the remote engine start feature. The latter is almost a must as local weather is hot and humid for about 5 months every year. Though I'd prefer keep the exterior look of my old '05 Altima, the '15 model looks great, too. SV trim has 17' alloy wheels that came with good Michelin tires. The one I got also added illuminated kick plates and they look really nice. The only complaint I can think of is the infotainment screen, which is only 5 inches. While functioning well, it can certainly use some more size. Would be even nicer if Nissan has made it a touch-screen. Overall an excellent commute car for everyday drive, in my mind. Well worth the money. Will recommend to anyone who's looking to buy a new car in this class."

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Hate this car!!!!!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Never know if the navigation/radio are going to work. Screen shuts off; restarts; speakers won't work; SD card malfunctions; no one can fix it and I have had to drive hours with no radio or navigation. Did I mention NO ONE can fix this and it has been a problem since the 2013 model!"

2013 Altima S bought January 27 2013 14,078 miles

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Its fine to drive across the country/"

Cons: "It's miserable driving it in town."

"My Altima is a nice car to drive cross country on an Interstate. It's comfortable and it gets 37 mpg. The cons would be its very hard to see backing up. It has big blind spots on the sides. The front windshield reflects everything on the dash very badly to the point that when the sun is a certain angles I can't read large road signs till I get right to them. I just corrected this with polaroid sunglasses. The car has a very twitchy front end. I have to steer it very very careful or it jerks. The brakes are very sensitive. I can just barely touch them. The car will come to a screaming stop with no effort. The car is a automatic and free rolls very easily. I'm use to a manual and taking my foot off the gas and braking with the engine. My altima has to be slowed down with the bakes almost totally. My brakes are wearing quickly and this bothers me because I'm actually a slow driver for the most part. I never get in a hurry. Today I bought another new car and I tried to trade my altima in on it but i was offered 10,000 dollars less than I paid for it. My altima is 19 months old with 14,078 miles and is in pristine condition. 24,000 new reduced to 14,000 after 19 months. So it has no trade in value at all. The other thing I almost forgot is my blue tooth reception is so bad our friends asked us to stop using it with our cellphones. My wife and I both have Samsung s5's. Neither my wife or I enjoy driving this car around town because we feel so blind driving it. The car feels very wide also. I have a lot of buyer remorse. Sorry I just thought of one more thing. I've drove this car from Kansas city to Gatlinburg, Tennesee and a couple months later I drove from Kansas City to Charlottesville, Virginia. So I had two vacations in it driving in the Appalacian Mountains. One thing the engine and cvt transmission due that I cant get use to is that when I'm going up a steep grade the engine rpm's pulsate very high then drop and do this over and over on a long climb. It's a very crazy sound and its strange watching the rpm's build and drop over and over again. Steep grades work the engine and transmission very hard."

good value for the money

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"i like this car very much,except for the ride over bumpy roads even with the tires 1 lb less than recommended.very peppy and responsive,even without the paddle shifters."

A great car!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"I love the car but I must sell, can't afford the payments. It is almost brand new, gets great gas milage. Very comfortable ride and has a lot of room for passengers. The trunk is very large, great for golf clubs and grocery shopping. I love that it has bluetooth, connections for my iPod, and has a lot of driver's storage space. This car doesn't have navigation because I don't feel i really need that feature, I have it on my phone. I'm sorry I have to sell it, but it will be a very reliable car for anyone."

worst ever car i ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MANY"

"this car advertised,at 38 MPG, i get only 28 MPG. THE CAR LEAKS AIR,it is very noisy,and not fun to drive. _DON'T BUY THIS CAR."

My car is awesome - great design, comfort, & sound

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage."

"My bose speakers are awesome; it makes my driving enjoyable."

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."