2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,541 - $21,272.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

My favorite car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Read my reivew"

"I own a 2013 Altima S (2.5). Black/Blue color. I had to give my son my 2002 Acura TL to get back and forth to school and work. I loved that car. Needless to say, I had to look for a new car that was good on gas A MUST. I got the S since I'm not into HiTech screen displays, multimedia etc...in the car as I don’t spend too much time in it. I wanted a good car that drove nice and good on gas. The styling inside is very sleek. I like the chrome detail which some people may not care for. Seats feel deep which I like but you can raise the chair up. The car would be ideal for very tall people, which I am not. I feel very safe in it and it does not have a "tin" feeling. Solid car tht can play with the best of them. The car has guts. She's got moxy. Drives very nice for mid-size sedan with great handling. luxurious feel while feeling sporty. Best bang for your buck staying in a reasonable budget for luxury. If you have soda pop money and can't afford a Lexus, this will suffice. I've read people complain about the CVT, but once it cruises is very quiet. Don't even notice. The car is very easy over bumps. This does not have your typical gears; D, D1, D2, D3. It has D and Ds since the transmission does not change gears. Some people may not like in bad weather (snow/ice) for lack of control over the gears for them that want such. For comfort, I gave a 7. The seats are very nice and comfy with the zero gravity and lots of room. The only thing that bothered me was the headrest, for me the driver. It tilts forward, and makes my head need to lean forward at the neck. I try to correct by leaning the seat back to adjust. Other than that, very comfy. I hear people make remarks over the camera (backup) in the other models. These are Drive Assists to help and aide, not to watch movies. These are to aide driving, not do it for you. Me, I trust my own eyes. I’ve been driving since I was 17 and am now 43. I don’t need blind spot, lane departure or cameras, I’ve been hit by idiots though which these features do ZERO in that respect. Some people like these tid bits and I do respect the technology that it is there for people that like this. The car is very good on gas. I drive 33miles in total to work."

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Leg Room and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We have a 2015 Altima and it so much fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and it is great on long trips. The fuel mileage is much better then the Toyota Corolla we had and the Altima is so much bigger! I would highly recommend this car."

We Love It!!!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Mileage anf Appearence"

"My husband and I bought this car because of its comfort and appearance. The 2015 Nissan Altima SV is a great car with a very powerful 4 cylinder engine. The sound system is great and we have the tech package. We chose the Saharan Stone color which looks so classy. The fuel mileage has been incredible so far averaging over 32 MPG around town. The Michelin tires are so quiet and the overall handling is great! This is a great car for the price!"

Outstanding Car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Performanace"

Cons: "NONE"

"This review is for a 2015 Nissan Altima SV, 2.5 Liter, Automatic CVT – I have owned many Nissans throughout the years and this car is one of the best yet. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. The zero gravity seats are everything they claim to be. The electronic assist steering is very responsive. The CVT with the D-Step has the overdrive which delivers awesome fuel mileage. Who needs a Hybrid when you own an Altima? The SV package is so nicely put together. I choose the Tech package which added so much more to the deal. The price was right and we are very happy with this vehicle!"

Love the New 2015 Altima

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"This is my second Altima. Traded in my 2005 2.5S and got a 2015 2.5SV last week. Tested a 2014 Honda Accord as well (never quite liked Camry). The Accord has a noticeably roomier interior, but the Altima beats it hands down in terms of ride, overall cabin noise and seat comfortableness. This is my daily-commute car. One-way drive to/from work is about 25 miles, almost all highway. So I am expecting a considerable savings on gas, compared to my old Altima. I went for an SV trim this time mainly for the back-up camera and the remote engine start feature. The latter is almost a must as local weather is hot and humid for about 5 months every year. Though I'd prefer keep the exterior look of my old '05 Altima, the '15 model looks great, too. SV trim has 17' alloy wheels that came with good Michelin tires. The one I got also added illuminated kick plates and they look really nice. The only complaint I can think of is the infotainment screen, which is only 5 inches. While functioning well, it can certainly use some more size. Would be even nicer if Nissan has made it a touch-screen. Overall an excellent commute car for everyday drive, in my mind. Well worth the money. Will recommend to anyone who's looking to buy a new car in this class."

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Hate this car!!!!!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Never know if the navigation/radio are going to work. Screen shuts off; restarts; speakers won't work; SD card malfunctions; no one can fix it and I have had to drive hours with no radio or navigation. Did I mention NO ONE can fix this and it has been a problem since the 2013 model!"

2013 Altima S bought January 27 2013 14,078 miles

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Its fine to drive across the country/"

Cons: "It's miserable driving it in town."

"My Altima is a nice car to drive cross country on an Interstate. It's comfortable and it gets 37 mpg. The cons would be its very hard to see backing up. It has big blind spots on the sides. The front windshield reflects everything on the dash very badly to the point that when the sun is a certain angles I can't read large road signs till I get right to them. I just corrected this with polaroid sunglasses. The car has a very twitchy front end. I have to steer it very very careful or it jerks. The brakes are very sensitive. I can just barely touch them. The car will come to a screaming stop with no effort. The car is a automatic and free rolls very easily. I'm use to a manual and taking my foot off the gas and braking with the engine. My altima has to be slowed down with the bakes almost totally. My brakes are wearing quickly and this bothers me because I'm actually a slow driver for the most part. I never get in a hurry. Today I bought another new car and I tried to trade my altima in on it but i was offered 10,000 dollars less than I paid for it. My altima is 19 months old with 14,078 miles and is in pristine condition. 24,000 new reduced to 14,000 after 19 months. So it has no trade in value at all. The other thing I almost forgot is my blue tooth reception is so bad our friends asked us to stop using it with our cellphones. My wife and I both have Samsung s5's. Neither my wife or I enjoy driving this car around town because we feel so blind driving it. The car feels very wide also. I have a lot of buyer remorse. Sorry I just thought of one more thing. I've drove this car from Kansas city to Gatlinburg, Tennesee and a couple months later I drove from Kansas City to Charlottesville, Virginia. So I had two vacations in it driving in the Appalacian Mountains. One thing the engine and cvt transmission due that I cant get use to is that when I'm going up a steep grade the engine rpm's pulsate very high then drop and do this over and over on a long climb. It's a very crazy sound and its strange watching the rpm's build and drop over and over again. Steep grades work the engine and transmission very hard."

good value for the money

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"i like this car very much,except for the ride over bumpy roads even with the tires 1 lb less than recommended.very peppy and responsive,even without the paddle shifters."

A great car!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"I love the car but I must sell, can't afford the payments. It is almost brand new, gets great gas milage. Very comfortable ride and has a lot of room for passengers. The trunk is very large, great for golf clubs and grocery shopping. I love that it has bluetooth, connections for my iPod, and has a lot of driver's storage space. This car doesn't have navigation because I don't feel i really need that feature, I have it on my phone. I'm sorry I have to sell it, but it will be a very reliable car for anyone."

worst ever car i ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MANY"

"this car advertised,at 38 MPG, i get only 28 MPG. THE CAR LEAKS AIR,it is very noisy,and not fun to drive. _DON'T BUY THIS CAR."

My car is awesome - great design, comfort, & sound

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage."

"My bose speakers are awesome; it makes my driving enjoyable."

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Excellent all round car. Great value.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great all round car"

"An excellent combination of power, stability, sportiness, comfort and outstanding economy."

Transmission Problems--Nissan Warranty 0

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "Defective electronics, defective transmission"

"Since I purchased this car, I have had it in the shop 11 times with an average cost to me of 22 plus hours plus gas to and from the dealership. The Altima 3.5's have a bulletin stated transmission problems.My car shudders at different times on takeoff, not all the time. Nissan said "if" they can replicate the the shudder they will provide a new transmission. Thats the caveat. It can't be duplicated! This also applies to the Pathfinder vehicle. Also, major problems with the radio/nav system. Ordered a replacement that took over 2 months to arrive and this one is defective as well. My gas mileage indicator stays at 27.8 mpg whether I drive locally or on a trip (Second replacement). I can go on, but you have the warnings!"

This Altima is a piece of JUNK

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy - 39 plus on the road"

Cons: "poor quality"

"Having owned 16 consecutive Nissans, this is the first lemon and it is a REAL lemon!!"

Best Gas mileage

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage and comfort."

Cons: "Bulkly car with narrow backseat to trunk opening."

"If you drive on the hwy 60-65 mph, you will average 45-50 mpg. Just tremendous. Why get a hybrid? Plus has the better acceleration if you need it. Drives very smooth, and will not get tired on long trips. Wonderful entertainment system. Play iHeart radio. Better than Pandora. I had to get a seat cushion, as the seat is very uncomfortable. Love the key fob--never have to take it out of your pocket."

Excellency without Ostentation

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "MPG, interior design, comfort"

"MPG 42Highway, 32city. Attractive dashboard, excellent electronic features, comfortable seating, center console with many storage spaces. Luxury without the price. I have the SV model which I consider the best value."

Luxury at an economical price

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Overall value"

Cons: "Sits too low for old guys"

"Love the CVC transmission - very smooth. I think the interior is especially appealing. The display is great - nice and sharp The brakes are nice and smooth. I live in Iowa, and the heated steering wheel is very nice in the winter. Oh, did I mention the MPG is very good - average 29.7 mpg with 90% town driving. This is an accurate number, logged every gallon put in."

Fun and reliable

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"Easy to drive, comfortable, great sound, great gas mileage. Overall fun car."

Traded My Audi A4 For My Nissan

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage and has a luxury car ride."

Cons: "I can not think of one."

"I have only driven luxury vehicles for the past several years. I went from a Lincoln to 2 different Lexus then to an Audi. My Audi hit over 110k miles and it was time for a new car. My husband never thought he could get me out of a high end car. BUT after looking around and looking at cost/value I chose the 2014 Altima SL and I am so happy with it. It has the luxury feel, is awesome on gas and with the appearance package it looks and feels just like the high end luxury cars but was more affordable. I am 100% happy with my new Nissan and I highly recommend it! The "my apps" feature so I can use my Pandora is an added bonus. (I think the Facebook app for the car is a bit extreme)"

Best non-hybrid gas mileage and very good riding

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Had the car for a year and a half. It's been an all around very good car so far. Just a few squeeze."

Very Enjoyable Car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "quiet ride, comfortable seats,"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased this car a couple months ago, and after driving it 2000 miles or so, I actually like it more than I thought I would. I decided on the 2.5 S with Display Audio. I love the interior, all the audio options, the way it handles, the 4 cyl engine has lots of pick-up, and I'm averaging around 28 mph. Haven't had it on a trip yet. I was a little concerned after reading some of the earlier consumer reviews. but after a couple months, I've had no problems or complaints."

Early but Love it!

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Value, MPG, Interior, Coolness factor"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet"

"I bought a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S on the 12th of May. I went in to drive a KIA Optima and Forte but I had a hard time getting comfortable in the KIAs as I am 6'4". No issue with room in the Altima and I even have to have the seat up a bit from max so I can reach the pedals and steering wheel. This car drives so well, it feels like a much more expensive car. I have had a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora and it was a great driving experience, this Nissan is better. Gas mileage has been 35 combined since I got it and I get 580 miles to a tank, a far cry from the 230 I was getting per tank in my Saturn Vue AWD. Seats feel great, love the bluetooth connectivity and tons of leg and head room in the back for my teenagers. The CVT is a different feel and has taken some getting used to as you don't feel the car shift. I will get used to the MPG I am getting by having it and it has plenty of get up and go. You will find folks who will complain about anything, my suggestion would be to drive it for yourself and if you don't like it, look at something else. Nissan's have always been one of the most reliable on the planet and I don't see that changing anytime soon."