2014 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,630 - $21,333.

10/8.5

7.8

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

We Love It!!!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Mileage anf Appearence"

"My husband and I bought this car because of its comfort and appearance. The 2015 Nissan Altima SV is a great car with a very powerful 4 cylinder engine. The sound system is great and we have the tech package. We chose the Saharan Stone color which looks so classy. The fuel mileage has been incredible so far averaging over 32 MPG around town. The Michelin tires are so quiet and the overall handling is great! This is a great car for the price!"

Outstanding Car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and Performanace"

Cons: "NONE"

"This review is for a 2015 Nissan Altima SV, 2.5 Liter, Automatic CVT – I have owned many Nissans throughout the years and this car is one of the best yet. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. The zero gravity seats are everything they claim to be. The electronic assist steering is very responsive. The CVT with the D-Step has the overdrive which delivers awesome fuel mileage. Who needs a Hybrid when you own an Altima? The SV package is so nicely put together. I choose the Tech package which added so much more to the deal. The price was right and we are very happy with this vehicle!"

Love the New 2015 Altima

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"This is my second Altima. Traded in my 2005 2.5S and got a 2015 2.5SV last week. Tested a 2014 Honda Accord as well (never quite liked Camry). The Accord has a noticeably roomier interior, but the Altima beats it hands down in terms of ride, overall cabin noise and seat comfortableness. This is my daily-commute car. One-way drive to/from work is about 25 miles, almost all highway. So I am expecting a considerable savings on gas, compared to my old Altima. I went for an SV trim this time mainly for the back-up camera and the remote engine start feature. The latter is almost a must as local weather is hot and humid for about 5 months every year. Though I'd prefer keep the exterior look of my old '05 Altima, the '15 model looks great, too. SV trim has 17' alloy wheels that came with good Michelin tires. The one I got also added illuminated kick plates and they look really nice. The only complaint I can think of is the infotainment screen, which is only 5 inches. While functioning well, it can certainly use some more size. Would be even nicer if Nissan has made it a touch-screen. Overall an excellent commute car for everyday drive, in my mind. Well worth the money. Will recommend to anyone who's looking to buy a new car in this class."

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Hate this car!!!!!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Never know if the navigation/radio are going to work. Screen shuts off; restarts; speakers won't work; SD card malfunctions; no one can fix it and I have had to drive hours with no radio or navigation. Did I mention NO ONE can fix this and it has been a problem since the 2013 model!"

2013 Altima S bought January 27 2013 14,078 miles

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Its fine to drive across the country/"

Cons: "It's miserable driving it in town."

"My Altima is a nice car to drive cross country on an Interstate. It's comfortable and it gets 37 mpg. The cons would be its very hard to see backing up. It has big blind spots on the sides. The front windshield reflects everything on the dash very badly to the point that when the sun is a certain angles I can't read large road signs till I get right to them. I just corrected this with polaroid sunglasses. The car has a very twitchy front end. I have to steer it very very careful or it jerks. The brakes are very sensitive. I can just barely touch them. The car will come to a screaming stop with no effort. The car is a automatic and free rolls very easily. I'm use to a manual and taking my foot off the gas and braking with the engine. My altima has to be slowed down with the bakes almost totally. My brakes are wearing quickly and this bothers me because I'm actually a slow driver for the most part. I never get in a hurry. Today I bought another new car and I tried to trade my altima in on it but i was offered 10,000 dollars less than I paid for it. My altima is 19 months old with 14,078 miles and is in pristine condition. 24,000 new reduced to 14,000 after 19 months. So it has no trade in value at all. The other thing I almost forgot is my blue tooth reception is so bad our friends asked us to stop using it with our cellphones. My wife and I both have Samsung s5's. Neither my wife or I enjoy driving this car around town because we feel so blind driving it. The car feels very wide also. I have a lot of buyer remorse. Sorry I just thought of one more thing. I've drove this car from Kansas city to Gatlinburg, Tennesee and a couple months later I drove from Kansas City to Charlottesville, Virginia. So I had two vacations in it driving in the Appalacian Mountains. One thing the engine and cvt transmission due that I cant get use to is that when I'm going up a steep grade the engine rpm's pulsate very high then drop and do this over and over on a long climb. It's a very crazy sound and its strange watching the rpm's build and drop over and over again. Steep grades work the engine and transmission very hard."

good value for the money

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"i like this car very much,except for the ride over bumpy roads even with the tires 1 lb less than recommended.very peppy and responsive,even without the paddle shifters."

A great car!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"I love the car but I must sell, can't afford the payments. It is almost brand new, gets great gas milage. Very comfortable ride and has a lot of room for passengers. The trunk is very large, great for golf clubs and grocery shopping. I love that it has bluetooth, connections for my iPod, and has a lot of driver's storage space. This car doesn't have navigation because I don't feel i really need that feature, I have it on my phone. I'm sorry I have to sell it, but it will be a very reliable car for anyone."

worst ever car i ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MANY"

"this car advertised,at 38 MPG, i get only 28 MPG. THE CAR LEAKS AIR,it is very noisy,and not fun to drive. _DON'T BUY THIS CAR."