2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

i'm in love

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Wife approved"

Cons: "CVT make a little noise - i dont care!"

"This is my first Altima. after years of loyalty to my Accord my father in law convinced me to switch, boy i never thought i would say this...i love him but more than anything i love my new drive. thinking back, this all time i was driving reliable car but not fun and not as smooth of a ride. With my new Altima i feel as if i can have my cake and eat it too!!! shocks are amazing (even my wife said so:), the car is fast as a rocket - 4 cil 2.5 SV and i cant say enough about the seats. i want those seats in my house infront of my TV!! i kid you not, this car is the best car i have ever owned, hands down."

LUV OUR ALTIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "GPS, ride, controls, zero gravity seats, value"

Cons: "mpg numbers mixed up"

"We purchased a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL couldn't be anymore happier with our brand new car...Bought vehicle because of insurance cost, low maintenance, incentives and value which everything is worth the price of it. I'm a truck driver my commute is spending an (50 hour drive) in a hard seat but what love about our Nissan is interior front seats built in ''Inspire zero gravity'' they have lots of support includes heated front seats, GPS, Nissan connect system, intelligent key remote starter button, Bluetooth, blind spot/moving object detection, Nissan Drive Advanced Assist Display and much more. Our car has some of the best handling ever the ride gives us is very powerfully smooth on a quiet interior. Gas mileage isn't bad but don't get the right mpg as window sticker said before buying car we're combining (34 mpg on main highways only) and doing interstate driving across the border of our state we're averaging about (23-27 mpg) coasting on interstates not a bad breaker at all for this car. LUV the features includes a sunroof, leather seats, controls, 4'' color display, remote start. It have lots of room from front/rear of vehicle have a smooth highway ride since my wife and I love to drive but this Nissan Altima is making it more convenient for us to be sitting 4 to 8 hours of driving without feeling tired we take trips get kind of sluggish after two hour drives but to our Altima we don't feel not zero percent tired in comfort in ''Zero gravity seating position'' both front and passenger give us that excellent support feeling. I have a 18 wheeler at the company every time wish can take the passenger seat out my car and install it in my ''BIG RIG'' because never drove a vehicle being so comfortable in a great ride have out this car as Altima driving cross country be really uncomfortable on a much longer drive. I highly recommend the car last vehicle owned was a Nissan that went (200,000) without replacing a timing belt and no issues on that car but was a long time ago owning Nissan vehicles we decided to go back with the brand again glad we did loving everything about this car it will last many more years. The best midsize automobile ever built to last on the highways like Nissan Altima best in value, price, comfort, insurance cost and ride gives."

What a Surpise!

By on Monday, September 3, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Value, Quality, Performance"

Cons: "No personal settings, no MPH readout CruiseControl"

"My 07' Camry LE was starting to show its age and I was looking to trade up to a 12' XLE. My wife suggested test driving a 2013 Altima, which was not actually in my radar screen. After we had test driven several new 2012 Camrys, I was taken back by the comfort and feel of the Altima. I researched both cars for the next couple of weeks, and I kept coming back to the Altima. So after a final test drive of the Camry XLE and the Altima SL, I bought the Altima. I have driven it a little less than 300 miles, so I can not give a long term assessment of my new Altima. But I can say that I am pleased with the car so far. It has the comfort and feel of a car well above its class. I got the V6 because I wanted more power than the i4 provided. The engine performance is superior. The CVT tranny is a little awkward at first, but I'm starting to get use to it. This is a very quit vehicle with very little wind noise at 70 mph. I'm looking forward to many years of driving this vehicle."

Engine failed within a week.

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"After owning a 2013 2.5 SL for less than a week and 160 miles, the service department said that the failure of the catalytic converter destroyed the engine. Nissan has so far refused to replace the car, even though dealer says that is what should be done. Nissan wants only to replace the engine. Confidence in the reliability of the car and the reputation of Nissan customer service is very low. It seems that once the check clears the bank, you are on your on."

A big disappointment

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Interior is comfortable and attractive."

Cons: "Transmission, mileage"

"If the transmission were only noisy, I could live with it. But the car struggles to get going at low speed and the gas mileage isn't at all what it's reputed to be. When the car was brand new, we drove 150 miles on the highway and got 40 mpg! After that, it was recalled for a computer error that was endangering the drive belt. Since then, the highway mileage is down to 30 and in the city we get 18. We chose this car over the Camry, Accord, and Sonata specifically for the claimed gas mileage. I have taken it to two different Nissan dealers who admit it's noisy but can't or won't do anything about it. A Nissan rep in Tennessee called me; he was sympathetic but couldn't do anything except suggesting that I try yet another dealer. This car was not ready to be put on the market. In addition to the transmission issues, which Nissan knows about, the rear brakes had to be replaced almost immediately because they squeaked so badly. Also, the passenger side airbag doesn't activate every time. When it doesn't activate, we have to turn off the engine and restart. The dealer told me it was perfect."