2013 Nissan Altima

7.8

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

This is our 3rd Altima!! I love them!

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "Sharp car, love the factory car starter"

Cons: "Sun Visors are too small"

"Just turned in our 2010 Nissan Altima SE with 85,000. The only thing I had to do with it was put new tires on it because we drove them off of it! We obviously changed the oil every 3000-6000 miles. We traded our 2010 for the current 2013 which we just purchased in Decemeber of 2013. This vehicle was a certified vehicle. I love to drive this vehicle, the salesman say's this car gets better gas mileage then the 2010. The 2013 is roomy, the interior is like a space ship! The only CON I can list is the sun visors are too small. Great car!!"

Great car inside and out...excellent gas mileage.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "styling, fuel economy,"

Cons: "none noted for a 4 cylinder car"

"I traded in an Infiniti M45 for this car and love it. On the highway, I got 39.5mpg which is nearly 800 miles on one tank of gas. Around town and commuting I average about 32.5mpg. Gas mileage was increased a bit by utilizing synthetic oil. Overall, the car runs great and has lots of advanced features. 2.5L engine, while not fast has plenty of go so I don't miss the 8 cylinder as much."

Liked the 2013 3.5 SL so much we bought a second

By on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, classy, comfortable"

Cons: "No passenger power seat"

"I previously owned a 2007 Altima 3.5 with nav. It was a gem to drive and never in the shop. So wehn the redesign came out in September I had to trade up. I got $17k trade in on the 2007 and it had 46,000 miles, so the trade in va;lue on these are very good if you keep it clean. All of the reviews of the CVT are true, you either have to like it, hate it or get used to it. Since I was already used to it, the best thing about the 2013 CVT is that they improved it to add it as if it were shifting through seven gears. The paddle shifter is even better if you like the actual feel. Now, I have to admit, we have had some CVY issues that took it back to the dealer. At 20 mph, the CVT has a slight but irritating hesitation. Nissan noted that nothing was wrong with it but their mechanics did agree that it was hesitating. I am told that a programming fix for this is in the works. If you like to drive fast from a traffic light, the 3.5 is your car, very fast from a start, even better when passing on the interstate. It doesn't whine and it knows to go when you ask it. I've read the previous reviews regarding the Altima nav system. After test driving the Fusion,I was immediately dismissed by its confusing layout and buttons. The Accord and the Optima and the Sonata's nav screen is an inch larger but to me, the response on each was slower. It would be nice if the Altima had a shiels to block incoming light but overall, it was responsive and user friendly. The Bluetooth system is also easy to use and is not noisy when making calls. Overall, the mileage has improved a few miles over the older Altima. Averaging around 24 with a good mix of interstate and stop and go driving. Long trips are a breeze either driving or as a passenger. The new front seats are the most comfortable then any in its class. I like the car so much we decided to buy a second one. The only other drive I liked was the Sonata. Yes it's a few thousand less but it's not as sporty as the Altima and doesn't have the Blind Spot or Lane Change warning system. I give the 3.5 Altima high marks"

Just leased the new Altima

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Sexy curves, great navi,"

Cons: "SV model doesnt have HID lights"

"I am writing this review after only having the car for one week. I had a 2011 Maxima that was totaled in a flood from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I was debating on going back into the Maxima but I really love the look of the Altima. My Maxima was fully loaded and I loved it. After weighing my options I decided to go with the 2.5 SV Altima. All I can say is WOW! I didn't get the leather or Bose option this time around. I do miss the sound system and the leather I had on my Maxima. The Altima sound system is "okay" and I feel it could be a bit better. Overall I really enjoy the car thou. The navigation is pretty cool and the look of the car is pretty sexy in black. I only did a 24 month lease and put the taxes down and my payment is under $250 a month. Nissan is advertising 2k down plus taxes for the 2.5S model for 199 a month so I feel I got a great deal on this. I am extremely happy with the car!"

Best Altima Yet

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Efficiency, Safe, Convenient"

Cons: "Short list of compatible phones. Needs fw update!!"

"I read all the reviews about the "noisy" CVT transmission, but I've had my 3.5 SL for about two months with no issues. My last car was a 2007 2.5 SL and the new CVT runs better than my older car. I fell in love with this car during the test drive. This car is attractive, sporty, fuel efficient, and extra comfortable. The BSW and LDW are excellent safety features for those who have a lot of interstate or city travel. I'm usually a stickler for the minor details, but my car is the smoothest car I've ever driven. I do hope Nissan is able to address the problems some people have with the CVT performance."