2013 Nissan Altima

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Incredible Ride & Performance

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfort and Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"2015 Nissan Altima SV - I found this car to be very responsive on the highway and very comfortable to drive. The SV offers almost all the features of the SL. In past years you could not the options the SV has now. The CVT has the D-step software update which simulates a conventional automatic transmission. The sound system is great and overall its a great car for the money!"

Unreliable, poorly put together

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "fast (V6), comfortable seats, handles well"

Cons: "totally unreliable and poorly put together"

"I'm taking my 2013 Altima 3.5 back to the dealership next week for 5 (FIVE!) separate problems. Whistling sound from outside, center console latch doesnt work, hard plastic rattle in the dash, something rattling in the trunk lid, and a droning sound coming from the blower fan. This car has been to the dealership 4 times in the last year for a multitude of problems. A side to side shuddering at high speeds that they kind of fixed when they rotated the tires. It still shudders, just not as much. They replaced the drivers side mirror to stop the whistling noise, but it made it worse. The only thing the dealer actually fixed was a vent rattle, but that made the center console rattle worse. This is the worst car I've ever owned, by a mile. I actually didn't think they produced cars this poorly made anymore. I wanted it to be reliable so bad, because I actually like it. It handles well, accelerates very well, and it's comfortable. But I just have no faith in it. A little over a year old and with less than 9,000 miles, and it's a been a constant problem."

Hate this car!!!!!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Never know if the navigation/radio are going to work. Screen shuts off; restarts; speakers won't work; SD card malfunctions; no one can fix it and I have had to drive hours with no radio or navigation. Did I mention NO ONE can fix this and it has been a problem since the 2013 model!"

2013 Altima S bought January 27 2013 14,078 miles

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Its fine to drive across the country/"

Cons: "It's miserable driving it in town."

"My Altima is a nice car to drive cross country on an Interstate. It's comfortable and it gets 37 mpg. The cons would be its very hard to see backing up. It has big blind spots on the sides. The front windshield reflects everything on the dash very badly to the point that when the sun is a certain angles I can't read large road signs till I get right to them. I just corrected this with polaroid sunglasses. The car has a very twitchy front end. I have to steer it very very careful or it jerks. The brakes are very sensitive. I can just barely touch them. The car will come to a screaming stop with no effort. The car is a automatic and free rolls very easily. I'm use to a manual and taking my foot off the gas and braking with the engine. My altima has to be slowed down with the bakes almost totally. My brakes are wearing quickly and this bothers me because I'm actually a slow driver for the most part. I never get in a hurry. Today I bought another new car and I tried to trade my altima in on it but i was offered 10,000 dollars less than I paid for it. My altima is 19 months old with 14,078 miles and is in pristine condition. 24,000 new reduced to 14,000 after 19 months. So it has no trade in value at all. The other thing I almost forgot is my blue tooth reception is so bad our friends asked us to stop using it with our cellphones. My wife and I both have Samsung s5's. Neither my wife or I enjoy driving this car around town because we feel so blind driving it. The car feels very wide also. I have a lot of buyer remorse. Sorry I just thought of one more thing. I've drove this car from Kansas city to Gatlinburg, Tennesee and a couple months later I drove from Kansas City to Charlottesville, Virginia. So I had two vacations in it driving in the Appalacian Mountains. One thing the engine and cvt transmission due that I cant get use to is that when I'm going up a steep grade the engine rpm's pulsate very high then drop and do this over and over on a long climb. It's a very crazy sound and its strange watching the rpm's build and drop over and over again. Steep grades work the engine and transmission very hard."

good value for the money

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"i like this car very much,except for the ride over bumpy roads even with the tires 1 lb less than recommended.very peppy and responsive,even without the paddle shifters."