2013 Nissan Altima

7.8

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

worst ever car i ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MANY"

"this car advertised,at 38 MPG, i get only 28 MPG. THE CAR LEAKS AIR,it is very noisy,and not fun to drive. _DON'T BUY THIS CAR."

My car is awesome - great design, comfort, & sound

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage."

"My bose speakers are awesome; it makes my driving enjoyable."

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Excellent all round car. Great value.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great all round car"

"An excellent combination of power, stability, sportiness, comfort and outstanding economy."

Transmission Problems--Nissan Warranty 0

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "Defective electronics, defective transmission"

"Since I purchased this car, I have had it in the shop 11 times with an average cost to me of 22 plus hours plus gas to and from the dealership. The Altima 3.5's have a bulletin stated transmission problems.My car shudders at different times on takeoff, not all the time. Nissan said "if" they can replicate the the shudder they will provide a new transmission. Thats the caveat. It can't be duplicated! This also applies to the Pathfinder vehicle. Also, major problems with the radio/nav system. Ordered a replacement that took over 2 months to arrive and this one is defective as well. My gas mileage indicator stays at 27.8 mpg whether I drive locally or on a trip (Second replacement). I can go on, but you have the warnings!"

This Altima is a piece of JUNK

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy - 39 plus on the road"

Cons: "poor quality"

"Having owned 16 consecutive Nissans, this is the first lemon and it is a REAL lemon!!"

Best Gas mileage

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage and comfort."

Cons: "Bulkly car with narrow backseat to trunk opening."

"If you drive on the hwy 60-65 mph, you will average 45-50 mpg. Just tremendous. Why get a hybrid? Plus has the better acceleration if you need it. Drives very smooth, and will not get tired on long trips. Wonderful entertainment system. Play iHeart radio. Better than Pandora. I had to get a seat cushion, as the seat is very uncomfortable. Love the key fob--never have to take it out of your pocket."

Excellency without Ostentation

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "MPG, interior design, comfort"

"MPG 42Highway, 32city. Attractive dashboard, excellent electronic features, comfortable seating, center console with many storage spaces. Luxury without the price. I have the SV model which I consider the best value."

Luxury at an economical price

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Overall value"

Cons: "Sits too low for old guys"

"Love the CVC transmission - very smooth. I think the interior is especially appealing. The display is great - nice and sharp The brakes are nice and smooth. I live in Iowa, and the heated steering wheel is very nice in the winter. Oh, did I mention the MPG is very good - average 29.7 mpg with 90% town driving. This is an accurate number, logged every gallon put in."

Fun and reliable

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"Easy to drive, comfortable, great sound, great gas mileage. Overall fun car."

Traded My Audi A4 For My Nissan

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage and has a luxury car ride."

Cons: "I can not think of one."

"I have only driven luxury vehicles for the past several years. I went from a Lincoln to 2 different Lexus then to an Audi. My Audi hit over 110k miles and it was time for a new car. My husband never thought he could get me out of a high end car. BUT after looking around and looking at cost/value I chose the 2014 Altima SL and I am so happy with it. It has the luxury feel, is awesome on gas and with the appearance package it looks and feels just like the high end luxury cars but was more affordable. I am 100% happy with my new Nissan and I highly recommend it! The "my apps" feature so I can use my Pandora is an added bonus. (I think the Facebook app for the car is a bit extreme)"

Best non-hybrid gas mileage and very good riding

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Had the car for a year and a half. It's been an all around very good car so far. Just a few squeeze."

Very Enjoyable Car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "quiet ride, comfortable seats,"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased this car a couple months ago, and after driving it 2000 miles or so, I actually like it more than I thought I would. I decided on the 2.5 S with Display Audio. I love the interior, all the audio options, the way it handles, the 4 cyl engine has lots of pick-up, and I'm averaging around 28 mph. Haven't had it on a trip yet. I was a little concerned after reading some of the earlier consumer reviews. but after a couple months, I've had no problems or complaints."

Early but Love it!

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Value, MPG, Interior, Coolness factor"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet"

"I bought a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S on the 12th of May. I went in to drive a KIA Optima and Forte but I had a hard time getting comfortable in the KIAs as I am 6'4". No issue with room in the Altima and I even have to have the seat up a bit from max so I can reach the pedals and steering wheel. This car drives so well, it feels like a much more expensive car. I have had a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora and it was a great driving experience, this Nissan is better. Gas mileage has been 35 combined since I got it and I get 580 miles to a tank, a far cry from the 230 I was getting per tank in my Saturn Vue AWD. Seats feel great, love the bluetooth connectivity and tons of leg and head room in the back for my teenagers. The CVT is a different feel and has taken some getting used to as you don't feel the car shift. I will get used to the MPG I am getting by having it and it has plenty of get up and go. You will find folks who will complain about anything, my suggestion would be to drive it for yourself and if you don't like it, look at something else. Nissan's have always been one of the most reliable on the planet and I don't see that changing anytime soon."

So glad to sell this car. LOST $$

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Reason: The Drivers SEAT Was Severely uncomfortable!

Pros: "great outside style"

Cons: "Front seat and steering"

"So glad to sell this car. Most uncomfortable front drivers seat. The car, other than the front seat base not moving up or down where the angle could change, as the old Altima did and the horrible steering, the car would have been a keeper. The steering was ultra sensitive causing driving a windy road to need the entire lane as trying to resenter the car after wind gust the car with a little movemnet of the steering move rapidly to the compensating side almost creating like a drunk would drive. (don't drink) It is sad that Nissan feels this seat is an an advantage and does a commercial on it. Is horrible. As well the steering is a nightmare."

LUV OUR ALTIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "GPS, ride, controls, zero gravity seats, value"

Cons: "mpg numbers mixed up"

"We purchased a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL couldn't be anymore happier with our brand new car...Bought vehicle because of insurance cost, low maintenance, incentives and value which everything is worth the price of it. I'm a truck driver my commute is spending an (50 hour drive) in a hard seat but what love about our Nissan is interior front seats built in ''Inspire zero gravity'' they have lots of support includes heated front seats, GPS, Nissan connect system, intelligent key remote starter button, Bluetooth, blind spot/moving object detection, Nissan Drive Advanced Assist Display and much more. Our car has some of the best handling ever the ride gives us is very powerfully smooth on a quiet interior. Gas mileage isn't bad but don't get the right mpg as window sticker said before buying car we're combining (34 mpg on main highways only) and doing interstate driving across the border of our state we're averaging about (23-27 mpg) coasting on interstates not a bad breaker at all for this car. LUV the features includes a sunroof, leather seats, controls, 4'' color display, remote start. It have lots of room from front/rear of vehicle have a smooth highway ride since my wife and I love to drive but this Nissan Altima is making it more convenient for us to be sitting 4 to 8 hours of driving without feeling tired we take trips get kind of sluggish after two hour drives but to our Altima we don't feel not zero percent tired in comfort in ''Zero gravity seating position'' both front and passenger give us that excellent support feeling. I have a 18 wheeler at the company every time wish can take the passenger seat out my car and install it in my ''BIG RIG'' because never drove a vehicle being so comfortable in a great ride have out this car as Altima driving cross country be really uncomfortable on a much longer drive. I highly recommend the car last vehicle owned was a Nissan that went (200,000) without replacing a timing belt and no issues on that car but was a long time ago owning Nissan vehicles we decided to go back with the brand again glad we did loving everything about this car it will last many more years. The best midsize automobile ever built to last on the highways like Nissan Altima best in value, price, comfort, insurance cost and ride gives."

My dream car!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and very fun to drive!!!"

Cons: "Really nothing."

"I wanted this car for 2 years and it's finally mine! I love everything about it inside and out! It's the perfect car for me like it was custom made!"

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

"I bought my Altima in July 2013 now have 8,000 miles on it. Test drove both engines 6 and 4 but preferred the 4 over because get better gas mileage and rides more like a car in horsepower. This car is best in being comfortable its great in quality. Handles smooth with impressive ride love controls pretty amazed on nice touches. Heated seats, audio system, blue tooth, rear/moving object detection camera all works absolutely great on car. Interior is very quiet what I like about this car is how have the vehicle information display setup right at speedometer on everything from maintenance warnings and fuel economy so much featured best without looking down at electronics as radio, blue tooth when having text sent off my phone at the hands free phone system. Overall luv my car after having for 8 months now the best new car purchase ever made one of my favorite vehicles in purchased for 32 years doing my new car buying experiences."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Engine, handling, information display, comfortable"

Like the car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Nasa ''zero gravity seats'', controls, ride, quiet"

Cons: "nav issue,"

"I was afraid buying this car after heard bad reviews about this model. Well drove a Camry it lasted until 115/Km things fell apart: Stripped bolts replaced several times, oil sludge on 2nd engine replacement and stalled tremendously the parts were expensive took a loss and bought another car. This is the first time buying a Nissan vehicle do like vehicle. Bought with better features on everything being fully loaded on car. Got a SXM radio, navigation system, heated Zero gravity seats, moving object detection, lane departure, blind spot warning, rear camera, remote starter intelligent key, Bose sound system, steering controls, USB/Nissan apps capability. Has more technology now so got car with a 2.5 SL Tech package got a excellent deal when dealer shopped had a end of month sale they were nice enough to take my clunker trade-in and putting me into a more reliable vehicle. I have had my Altima for 2 weeks its a great car so far on having all bells and whistles. What would be in Cons: For car is navigation programmed a street I drove on my destination it seemed not to reroute me on the location like should went on a street almost on outskirts of city my mainly concern right there nothing isn't anything wrong with it works well just recalculated me on another area don't go on for some reason. Overall I love the car being comfort in luxury something would have in Lexus or BMW but its a Nissan automobile and have all the features worth a grand for this car. Hope it won't give me issues seems to be doing great at this time. CVT transmission delivers great horsepower includes a small 4 cylinder engine available its really impressive in performance while putting my right foot down on acceleration the throttle is very smooth in responsive handling have from the car."

MY FIRST NEW NISSAN PURCHASE

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Blind spot warning, SXM radio, seats, controls"

Cons: "mpg isn't recommended like supposed"

"After coming from a 1995 Toyota Corolla that finally retired bought brand new car off showroom lot. My Corolla was the best reliable auto ever so had to scrap it (SAD). When car shopping looked at some midsize cars could afford. I purchased a Nissan Altima SV its a great quality car has lots of great features includes much more upgrades. The Altima handles excellent have the (zero gravity seats) they are built in plenty comfort as NASA. Equipped with SXM radio, Bluetooth, navigation, heated seats, blind spot warning, remote start button, Nissan connect system, Vehicle information (D) Display. 4 Cylinder engine under 182hp is very powerful and quiet with smooth start up. The car ride is pretty solid while giving me a great drive have bigger interior space. CVT does best job in making vehicle have effortlessly acceleration but engine is somewhat lousy under heavier take offs not a major problem for me compared to what I used to drive after purchasing more high tech vehicle. Overall love the car was best decision purchasing this vehicle on everything worth $30,000 something actually could afford. Like the options, the value and comfortable support get from (0) zero gravity seats built by NASA are really comfort in lots of support."

What a mistake

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks pretty & good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I am in the middle of a 3 year lease and am looking to offload this car early - even if it costs me. Within the first three months the battery died. When we tried to jump it - sparks flew. It was almost impossible to push it out of the garage to the street to get towed (it was head first in the garage). The dealer balked at paying the tow fee. There have been several times when the car has been slow to start but finally "catches". There is a reoccurring rattle in the ceiling and, the warning displays frequently do not display correctly. I leased this car because I thought it was a sensible choice. I have lost all confidence in it and am constantly afraid of getting stranded. I can not recommend it at all and really miss my Toyota :-("

IF I ONLY KNEW

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"2013 altima 2.5SL with Nav. After 5k miles the CVT transmision started to vibrate while driving around town. Now at 9k its getting worse. I went through Nissans customer care program and after four atempts to fix the vibration problem I was told this is normal nothing more they do. Also The rear view monitor is not clear. Nissan changed the camera which did not help. Other than that the rest of the car is very good . Nice hwy ride. I would not recommend buying a new Altima."

I would buy this exact car again.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks great."

Cons: "Camera could use an update"

"I love the car. It is fully loaded, fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I knew it was a CVT and have no problem with the smoothness of the start-off. The leather seats are more comfortable than those of much more expensive cars, and the controls on the dash are easy to use and the navigation system works good and looks good. I think the camera is not as great as the Accord's - but it certainly does what it's supposed to."