2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

2nd Altima

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Reliability, Comfort, Fun to Drive,"

Cons: "MUTE button for all commercials playing"

"I had a 2005 with a manual transmission, had 245,000 miles on it and the only thing that I had to replace was the alternator, the reason I had to get rid of it was because I was rear ended and the seats started making a squeaking noise that I could not tolerate so I researched and test drove all the "mid-size" cars out there, needless to say, all felt boring to me, even the new Altima, the first one I test drove had that whine (it was a 2013), got it as a rental and put over 2000 miles on it so I got the entire feel for it. Once the 2014 model came out, test drove it also and the steering noise was gone. I became interested, got the 2014 model and have been really happy with it, 42+ on 10 hr trips, all around mpg is 34.5, not from the car but the aCar app. At 44,000 miles, the only thing that I have had to replace has been the air filters (engine and AC). Took some getting used to the CVT because I really liked my 5-speed but now I can honestly say that I like it. I know other people that asked me about my experience, they had older Altis also and now they are driving around in brand new 2015 Altimas.... Could not be happier, well I could but would be really broke...."

HIGHLY Disappointed

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Great Pearl White Color"

Cons: "Loud Obnxious Noise from the Power Steering."

"Ive never owned or driven a Nissan, but Ive been a passenger in plenty of them and they seemed ok, but overpriced just like everything else out there. When Toyota sold me a wrecked car they were passing off as "certified", I went and traded it in and the salesman showed me this. Honestly, I only took this car because I was NOT taking home the car I was lied to about. This car was fine up until about 300 miles when it started this HORRIBLE and LOUD whining, humming, whistling noise. I took it to the shop just now and they said this is "normal" and nothing they can do about it. Well, it wasn't making the noise when I first drove it, and seeing other reviews here, its definitely some sort of design flaw. The noise is so bad it literally gives me a headache! The car is ok, some what comfortable, gas is ok, noise is horrendous and this in my opinion is not a $30,000 car (which is my final payment after interest). I have a video of it, I will try to get it posted sometime."

The front seats are great for long trips

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "2.5 SL options are great!"

Cons: "no cons!"

"This is the first car that I have owned that was comfortable for the entire 10 hour trip home. The gas mileage is also awesome- 44 mpg on regular gas straight highway on same 10 hour trip- couldn't ask for any better. Power is not lacking either for a 4 cylinder with a CVT transmission. The whine people talk about from power steering is only heard at times- not as bad as some people lead you to believe."

Great car, a little bumpy on the road

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room, very sleek, good pickup"

Cons: "bumpy when driving, kinda stiff, mpg are off"

"I just bought a 2015 Nissan Altima SL. It is a beautiful car and for a 4 cylinder it drives pretty good. I've noticed going down the highway when you hit a bump, you really feel it in this car. It's brand new and hopefully I'll just get used to it. The bluetooth system is amazing. The sound system is great. I think the MPG are exaggerated. I've never seen 38 MPG on the highway. Overall, its a pretty good car. I don't think that the back up camera is the best but it gets the job done. I'd buy one again."

Will never buy another Nissan

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"The Altima has a power steering assist unit and it whistles constantly.You can hear it at all times and the faster you go the higher it whistles.I have had it to the shop twice and they say this is normal..."