2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,575 - $20,474.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

good but not great

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "seats looks"

Cons: "engine little noisey"

"So far not pretty happy with the car. I love the design it looks like a luxury car. I will be buying 20s then it wilk really look amazing. I love the seats very comfy. The car drives good great gas mileage average 32 mpg between highway and city.not bad. I paid cash for the car which makes me enjoy it even more. No payment for me:)"

My second Altima 3.5 SL

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, design, gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "I'll let you know at 162,000 miles."

"This is my second Altima and my husband now drives my 2005. The reliability on this car is awesome and that's why I bought another one. We have 162,000 miles on the 2005 and it's been nothing but Wonderful! I thought I'd be bored with a new one but, after test driving the 2013, I could'nt believe the drive and all the new interior features that come standard on the 3.5sl. It's a totally different car but, in a good way. It's a wonderful car for the money."

How do I love my new Altima? Let Me Count the Ways

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Athletic, highly fuel-efficient, technology-rich"

"1. I love the 36-38 mpg I get on the highway, depending on load. 2. I love the handling and ride--responsive but smooth. 3. I love the technology package (I have the SL model), that allows me to talk on the phone hands free, play Pandora through my phone, navigate with ease, even connect a portable hard drive and listen to thousands of books and songs. 4. I love the rear camera and the moving object warning and lane departure warning it provides. 5. I love the NASA-inspired front bucket seats--most comfortable ride possible. 6. Despite complaints by others about the CVT, and even after acknowledging the "rubber-band" effect when accelerating at low speeds, I love its responsiveness, and of course the way it keeps gas consumption low. 7. I love the "athletic" feel of this car on the road, around corners, up and down mountain passes. Two recent long "break-in" trips--one from Atlanta to Detroit and back, one from Atlanta to Tampa and back--made driving feel like a joy again. And did I mention the 38 mpg on the highway?"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "milage fit/finish handling"

Cons: "back up camera"

"overall i love this car. seat heaters are wired improperly and back up camera is virtually worthless but i am confident that nissan will address these issues. milage is as good as advertised. the four cylinder motor is smooth and surpisingly strong. fit and finish is excellent as is handling. if nissan's service turns out to be as good as the car i would change my rating to a 10."

not so great as it's reviewed!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "nice design and well put together"

Cons: "chubby ride average fuel Economy!"

"Mine is an SL with Nav,package have it for one mount and drove 1100 miles.it's one of the best and most revamped 4 cylinder car that i have had.maybe because it's a 2013 it's very well designed the ride is kind of sporty(bumpy and noisy) the CVT is working fine the interior is well put together ,Bose sound system and Navigation are working good. the fuel consumption is not even close as is claimed by Nissan so far best combine 26.7 Mpg!!!based on 35-40 in city and 60-70 on HWY Dealerships are kind of plain looking no fun while you are waiting for service there is not even a free WI-FI service which you've get it anywhere in this days!!a Coffee machine and few bottle of water and some chair nothing exiting!?and you think you are driving a brand new top of the line $ 30.000.00 car. My Brand new car was delivered with one key they have lost the second set and had to Waite 2 weeks to get the new key!I purchased the car with some optional package like Splash grads and trunk cargo net but they wear not installed on this car from the Factory so they did ordered these parts for me and i am still waiting to get them !?at dealer they are saying the parts are on back order and must wait longer!!I am just about to make the first payment... I am missing my Lexus which I've trad it for this one to get better fuel economy and kind of smaller payments!!! hope it was not a mistake!?"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Handles nicely, smooth ride"

Cons: "Fuel sensor malfunction"

"I have owned this vehicle for around 3 months now. I traded a 2012 altima for the purchase of this vehicle. I have had one minor issue with a fuel sensor however overall this is a great vehicle. I have read reviews and spoken with owners who have not had such a good experience with their vehicles but I must say that I have not experienced any problems with the drivetrain or other features the vehicle has to offer. It has a smoother ride and handles much better than the 2012 that I previously owned. I am happy with my choice and I would recommend this vehicle to a friend. I love the interior and it has a great deal of room with a spacious trunk which is multi-funtional."

3.5LSL

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "nice looking car,all show no go."

Cons: "poor CVT design, wind noise"

"this car has got to have the worst drivetrain design. the CVT has been replaced, heated seats improperly wired , loud wind noise. the CVT was relaced at 500 miles due to a shudder now with 1000 miles on it it is shuddering again. nissan has no clue how to fix seems to be a software issue. look around at all reviews and complaints on the new CVT before buying. i would spend my hard earned money elsewhere."

Best Altima Yet

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Efficiency, Safe, Convenient"

Cons: "Short list of compatible phones. Needs fw update!!"

"I read all the reviews about the "noisy" CVT transmission, but I've had my 3.5 SL for about two months with no issues. My last car was a 2007 2.5 SL and the new CVT runs better than my older car. I fell in love with this car during the test drive. This car is attractive, sporty, fuel efficient, and extra comfortable. The BSW and LDW are excellent safety features for those who have a lot of interstate or city travel. I'm usually a stickler for the minor details, but my car is the smoothest car I've ever driven. I do hope Nissan is able to address the problems some people have with the CVT performance."

A big disappointment

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Interior is comfortable and attractive."

Cons: "Transmission, mileage"

"If the transmission were only noisy, I could live with it. But the car struggles to get going at low speed and the gas mileage isn't at all what it's reputed to be. When the car was brand new, we drove 150 miles on the highway and got 40 mpg! After that, it was recalled for a computer error that was endangering the drive belt. Since then, the highway mileage is down to 30 and in the city we get 18. We chose this car over the Camry, Accord, and Sonata specifically for the claimed gas mileage. I have taken it to two different Nissan dealers who admit it's noisy but can't or won't do anything about it. A Nissan rep in Tennessee called me; he was sympathetic but couldn't do anything except suggesting that I try yet another dealer. This car was not ready to be put on the market. In addition to the transmission issues, which Nissan knows about, the rear brakes had to be replaced almost immediately because they squeaked so badly. Also, the passenger side airbag doesn't activate every time. When it doesn't activate, we have to turn off the engine and restart. The dealer told me it was perfect."

CVT ISSUES otherwise very nice car

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Exterior and interior design, gas mileage"

Cons: "Noise and vibration extremely high"

"I have owned my 2.5 cv for one month and already it's been back to the dealer 3 times for the same lugging and vibration noise issues which I experiece on light throttle acceleration from a stop at around 1500 rpm. I have lodged a complaint with Nissan Customer Care and have been assigned a Regional Specialist to my case. In my first conversation with the specialist, I was imformed that Nissan is aware of this problem and is working on a more permanent solution. Meanwhile, Nissan is having serpentine belts and belt tensioners replaced in an effort to alleviate noise and vibration. Yesterday my vehicle was oufitted with the new belt and tensioner. I did noticed a fractional noise reduction but the swap did not significantly alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, Nissan is attempting to address the symptom not the root source of the problem... that being the CVT programming. With a simple CVT reprogram offered to those of us who are sensitive to the lugging noise and vibration, Nissan could make this issue disappear practically overnight. Instead Nissan is trying "band aid" fixes like belts and tensioners, presumably, in an effort to keep their EPA estimates intact. At the same time they seem to be abandoning longtime loyal customers. This is an otherwise extremely nice automobile if it were not for the CVT issues and I am hopeful Nissan wakes up and gets serious about resolving this very annoying and frustating issue at once before potential owners start looking elsewhere in this very competive market and before frustrated owners start bailing out."

Nissan is going down the Hill...

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Only Looks"

Cons: "Starting Delay, interior, engine/CVT & wind noise"

"I had 7 nissan that includes Xterra,Murano, Altima, Versa, Maxima, Sentra and pathfinder..They all have quality issues. I just bought 2013 Altima SV, sorry to say shouldn't have bought it..Worst Nissan ever i have owned, 1/ Starting delay..2/Steering noise..3/Loud engine noise..4/interior is noisy in cold weather..5/ after 60 miles you have to hold the steering wheel with both hands..6/ im averaging 24.5 MPG in city thats bad..Interior lights blows out..have to turn on and off 2 to 3 times to bring it back on. Shame on Nissan for building this kind of car specially Altima Nissan's hot cake.."

Great Car EXCEPT...

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, engine, interior and electronics"

Cons: "Sadly. the CVT transmission is a major drawback"

"You will find that reviews for this car are at one extreme or the other. The poor marks usually are due to the CVT transmission. My decision to buy 2013 Altima was based in large part on my experience with a 2005 Altima that I drove for the past 7 years. That Altima was a 2.5 liter with a 5 speed manual transmission. It was extremely fun to drive, good on gas and proved to be reliable. Unfortunately, it was totaled in an accident and I quickly needed to replace. It came as a surprise that Altima’s were now only offered with a CVT transmission. Against my better judgment, I went ahead and bought the car with the CVT because I really liked every other aspect of the vehicle. I now have deep regret about the purchase because of the driving characteristics of the CVT. It is a shame because the rest of the car is outstanding. The CVT has two modes, “Drive” and “Drive Sport”. The latter allows you to pretend the car is shifting. It does not improve performance and is bound to put additional wear on a transmission that is already proving to have durability issues. Both modes cause the drivetrain to shudder and vibrate under normal driving conditions. This is due to the load being put on the engine at too low of an RPM. Drivability is severely sacrificed to achieve better gas mileage with this car. Ironically, my 2005 with a 5 speed manual transmission did almost as well on gas. It’s disappointing that Nissan has abandoned their loyal performance oriented customer base as they chase after the typical Camry buyer. The 2013 Altima ends up being a neutered package due to the CVT. This was clearly a conscious and intended choice by Nissan. They could have a made a 6 speed manual available for those that prefer that option. They already had that transmission fully developed and in production. At a minimum, they should reprogram the Drive Sport mode to not lug the engine down at low speeds. For me, the purchase of this car was a costly mistake that I deeply regret and hope others can avoid. I also hope that the decision makers and Directors at Nissan take notice of the sincere customer feedback in these reviews."

Excellent Car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, comfortable and fuel efficient."

Cons: "Slight vibration issue at idle."

"It looked good from the outside, but I tested this car with the expectation it would be lacking in terms of comfort and performance. Nope, I was pleasantly surprised. I've driven the car 1,000 miles so far and the seats are as comfortable as they claim, the ride is smooth unless you hit the worst kind of bumps, the car looks great and feels really solid. The 4cl engine is surprisingly peppy and provides enough power to not make you feel you are compromising for the sake of fuel efficiency, and boy, does it deliver fuel efficiency! My one (slight) negatives is the vibration when you idle is distracting (the hood is visibly vibrating, I keep thinking the hood is going to spontaneously open). All in all a fantastic car, I would definitely recommend."

Nice Looking, Noisy Car

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Having driven the 2013 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 5,000 miles now I have some things to say. I have taken the car back to the dealer to address some issues. They are as follows: 1) Acceleration through 1,400 rpms is rough, the transmission seems to struggle creating a noticeable rumbling/vibrating sound which you can hear in the car. The dealer says that is normal for the 4 cyl. 2) The power steering assist motor is loud and you can hear a whirring sound inside the car. The dealer says that is normal. 3) Sitting at a stop light the car sometimes vibrates and shakes not violently but enough to notice. I drove a 2009 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 3 years and loved its smooth ride so much I was sold on the new model’s better looks but now I miss the 2009’s smooth ride. The gas milage is better and it does ride smooth under and over the 1,400 rpm range. One mechanic suggested I use premium gas to alleviate the vibration/rumbling around 1,400 rpm but that did not help. The issues above take away from the positive features of the car. For Nissan the issues above should be unacceptable and should be fixed."

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

This car rocks.

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

"I did my homework and studied all thecars out there, this one had the best bang for the buck."

whats not to like

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "so far none"

"The driving experience is great, quiet and it has a solid feel on the highway. The seats are as advertised very comfortable. One of my favorite features is the backup camera which gives added confidence when backing out of the drive."

GREAT!!!!

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "GAS SAVER!!!!"

Cons: "I like the stock rims on the SL better."

"This car is Great. This is what a car should drive like and look like. Nothing but good things to say."

Victory!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Options"

Cons: "more conservative looks than others"

"one thing i got to say: WOW The speed of this car: WOW The seats: WOW The blind spot: WOW The back camera blow dry yes blow dr: WOW The Shocks: WOW and it is Nissan! WOW"

I'm a stay at car Mom :)

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Convenient"

Cons: "Price"

"In today's world I'm not a stay at home Mom but stay in my car all day. From school to soccer to swimming to the house to friends to dinner and on and on....with this car I can say that it's a little better. Fun like the others said but also convenient. Open the trunk and doors with the keys in my purse the whole time. I might not be a good comparison since I always opened Kia and Hyundai I'm new to this luxury level of cars... All and all I recommend."

Yes! big time score:-) :-) :-)

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "value, mpg, cool drive, and....the seats:-)"

Cons: "I need to share with my 17 years old son."

"I hate buying cars. Everytime after I buy a car, I see another car and wonder...Is that car better deal than my car?? Not this time, I feel that I made the best deal for my $$. I'm happy to see that other folks feel the same. Great deal Nissan, thank you so much for the fun drive."

WOW, can u call this an Altima?

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Primo Primo Primo"

Cons: "nothing i can think of"

"This is not an Altima! my lease was up and i got another Altima or did I? this car is primo baby! everything feels expensive. the dash, the gear, the look, the seats, the drive. I thinks the other reviews are on target. this is by far the best mid size sedan ever created. I don't review cars, I don't blog and I don't write period. But something compelled me this time to do this. this car worth it and I want you to know that. TJ"

Love This New Altima

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Price, interior, performance, look."

Cons: "Was not able to get GPS with the SL. coming later."

"As soon as I saw the 2013 Altima at the car show I knew we were gonna get one. We had a 2009 Altima SL loaded and it was nice but now we have the 2013 Altima SL and we love everything about the redesigned Altima. We were thinking I getting the Maxima or the Infinity G series until I saw the 2013 Altima and our decision was made. Unless you are stuck on the status of saying I have a Infinity, you will love this car. My wife and I like everything about it."

i'm in love

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Fun drive, Wife approved"

Cons: "CVT make a little noise - i dont care!"

"This is my first Altima. after years of loyalty to my Accord my father in law convinced me to switch, boy i never thought i would say this...i love him but more than anything i love my new drive. thinking back, this all time i was driving reliable car but not fun and not as smooth of a ride. With my new Altima i feel as if i can have my cake and eat it too!!! shocks are amazing (even my wife said so:), the car is fast as a rocket - 4 cil 2.5 SV and i cant say enough about the seats. i want those seats in my house infront of my TV!! i kid you not, this car is the best car i have ever owned, hands down."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next