2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,640 - $20,519.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

What a mistake

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks pretty & good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I am in the middle of a 3 year lease and am looking to offload this car early - even if it costs me. Within the first three months the battery died. When we tried to jump it - sparks flew. It was almost impossible to push it out of the garage to the street to get towed (it was head first in the garage). The dealer balked at paying the tow fee. There have been several times when the car has been slow to start but finally "catches". There is a reoccurring rattle in the ceiling and, the warning displays frequently do not display correctly. I leased this car because I thought it was a sensible choice. I have lost all confidence in it and am constantly afraid of getting stranded. I can not recommend it at all and really miss my Toyota :-("

IF I ONLY KNEW

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"2013 altima 2.5SL with Nav. After 5k miles the CVT transmision started to vibrate while driving around town. Now at 9k its getting worse. I went through Nissans customer care program and after four atempts to fix the vibration problem I was told this is normal nothing more they do. Also The rear view monitor is not clear. Nissan changed the camera which did not help. Other than that the rest of the car is very good . Nice hwy ride. I would not recommend buying a new Altima."

I would buy this exact car again.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks great."

Cons: "Camera could use an update"

"I love the car. It is fully loaded, fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I knew it was a CVT and have no problem with the smoothness of the start-off. The leather seats are more comfortable than those of much more expensive cars, and the controls on the dash are easy to use and the navigation system works good and looks good. I think the camera is not as great as the Accord's - but it certainly does what it's supposed to."

Big improvement after 2 years of my last one

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "safety, performance, better fit and finish quality"

Cons: "USB port issue"

"In January 2014 I purchased my Altima 2.5 s with the SL technology package with bit more options. It has changed so much after 2 years coming out of my 2012 Altima 2.5 SL traded because needed more comfort. This car is a zippy in better performance with a new CVT design gives a greater solid ride in good gas mileage and the interior looks more upgraded in lots of new options. I love the seat designed as Nasa zero gravity heated seats feels so much comfort with plenty of lumbar support and leg support is also excellent without my knees hitting the steering wheel and door going over bumps. Bluetooth and Navigation both are best includes SXM radio with USB ports but a minor thing is sometimes playing the flash drive it skips most songs from my smartphone which don't understand even has Sirius satellite radio its all great too. Love the new body styling and its more roomier while putting lots of items inside my car whenever I am traveling. When driving on a long stretched road its very quiet going 65 mph even acceleration is a blast on giving car engine the throttle response needs as being lead footed. My favorites are remote start, sunroof, heated seats, navigation and lane departure warning. This vehicle looks like its been built by NASA all around from a more upgraded interior and given it more performance in its class. I am very happy with my 2nd model on same package as other one but wasn't available with navigation system but its 100% better in more features and options after 2 months its been fun driving this car."

the 4 cylinder engine is very loud

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "nice looking interior"

Cons: "rattles, loud engine, not happy with mileage"

"I expected better in-town mileage than what I am getting (13 mpg). It doesn't hold the road well when it is windy. I hate the loud engine noise. The screen for the radio and back up camera is useless in the daylight because of the glare. It seem like everything in the car rattles when I drive over 30 miles per hour. I am not happy with this car - for the price I should have gotten a better product."

Good midsize automobile for the money

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "style, performance, fast, quiet, affordable"

"needed a car real bad as thought couldn't afford an newer car my last vehicle drove was 1992 Chrysler 5th Avenue finally retired. I am in my mid 50s so have owned quite few vehicles over the decades bought me an 2014 Altima 2.5sv pretty much love this car on everything. Its comfortable, love the new looks of it handles very great includes heated leather seats, blue tooth, steering controls, Bose stereo system. This car rides excellent it seems much safer on highways with best features ever from lane departure warning and blind spot. Interior is very quiet being a midsize car worth every penny on a perfect price I paid buying this car exterior color is beautiful in cayenne red metallic which makes have an more sportier style to car. 4 Cylinder engine has lots of performance faster, smooth ride, excellent acceleration from the continuously variable transmission its effortless in making car have a best ride on highways. I drove a 21 year old vehicle that was so reliable but retired at nearly 289,000 miles so thought with my budget wouldn't be able to afford a car but when looking my shining red Altima 2.5sv at the showroom lot it wasn't bad driving off in my first brand new car in years because its the best affordable automobile ever bought."

Wow! I am Really Impressed!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Performance & Fuel Mileage"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car was given to me as a loaner. Before I drove this car I was considering a Honda Accord. This vehicle is an Altima SV with a 4-cylinder engine. It has the CVT with the D-Step which acts as an overdrive. It performs very well and the cloth '0' gravity seats are the most comfortable seats I ever sat in lately. The fuel mileage is incredible. I am averaging 28.6 to 30.5 around town. On the highway it jumps right up to 33 MPG. I am sure that on a long trip it will out perform many in its class. The vehicle is very quiet and responsive. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Great car on the freeways and roads

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, controls, ride, CVT"

Cons: "interior screatches fast"

"As a first time Nissan owner I am proud to be driving the Altima which its best in lots of standard features. Gas mileage is 38 miles per gallon just like window sticker said, navigation is more updated while mostly doing city driving even few more weeks going to Florida on a trip doing spring break, Nissan connect system is a plus on apps and audio is simply best includes Nine speaker Bose sound system, rearview surrounding camera, Zero inspire gravity seats in comfort includes heated front seats, LED lights, vehicle information display, push button start, intelligent key with buttons on front outside doors tapping with key fob in pocket, Bluetooth, blind spot warning, sunroof, fog lights, low tire pressure indicator and more. Love how it drives being smooth with an effortlessly CVT transmission giving more power, excellent ratios and overall outstanding fuel economy. Interior was built so well in all options giving more luxury to car being top of the line. Very fun driving on a nice quiet ride gives every time be commuting I am so happy bought a Altima after hearing great things about Nissan decided look at this car as a great midsize vehicle in a perfect resale value and half decent gas mileage to the tank. I traded a big truck for a car but looked at Altima because love the new looks of this vehicle even outstanding in everything available on this beauty also gas mileage seems better too."

Guyz be careful with this car!!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks Solid"

Cons: "Looks Solid but it feel like waste after the usage"

"I have bought new altima sedan and after 2000 miles it started making wierd noises and the center console lost its stability. Went to Nissan and they took more than week to find out the issue and replacing the entire TRANSMISSION and they tighten the Central console. Guys go for Toyota or Honda, I started my new year of 2014 with a big mistake."

Very nice car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "dependability and good on Gas"

"Great gas mileage, nice riding car, easy controls, easy to read and see, love the look of the parking lights on the lower valance and how they show up at night,also like the option for two drive slection's, reg (D )and (Ds) to boost your power on take offs. a very good price for a car that is much cheaper than luxury cars out there in the same class."

Beautiful nice looking car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, stylish, controls"

Cons: "needs heated and cooled cup holders"

"I've owned my Altima for 2 months been enjoying this vehicle so much with having great handling, rides like a Cadillac, love the features PROS: Bose sound, navigation, Nissan connect system and Bluetooth, remote start access, comfortable heated seats in ''Zero gravity position''. Gas mileage is between 30-38 mpg gets with a 2.5L engine. Its a joy driving this vehicle from being excellent in more solid ride gives me and Nissan Driver Advanced Assist center is optional best have all the features setup perfectly while driving better as don't have to worry taking my eyes off the road I have everything right in front my face the NAV, audio, cruise control, maintenance warnings, can set the color of what the car is outside, steering controls are best with advanced assist center and radio system. ID call is best too with Nissan advanced display with everything else. This car is much more safer with lane departure center, blind spot warning, rear camera, turning signals, low tire pressure monitoring as alerts me when its time to fill up for air. I just love this car it was worth every penny in all the books and records includes the 2.5 SV with technology package. Know I won't be trading vehicle anytime soon as don't keep cars for like 2-3 years either trading or leasing glad purchased the car to keep for a long time until looking at something else don't think its going to be possible."

Nice looking car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "blind spot warning, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs cooled and heated seats,"

"Purchased an 2014 Altima 2.5 SV with all the bells and whistles. Gas mileage is excellent, comfortable inspire ''zero gravity seats'', navigation system, remote start button, Bose and Nissan connect system, blind spot warning, heated front seats, xenon headlights, automatic on/off headlights, steering controls with Nissan drive advanced assist system, rear view backup camera, sunroof, roomier interior and sharp looks on outside. The car has some of the best handling, smooth quiet ride, visibility is overall perfect, 8 beverage cupholders, just a more high tech vehicle in a better value. 4 cylinder engine is amazing excellent in performance for a midsize car as Altima. Its a great vehicle besides the Accord and Camry. I'd recommend the Nissan over both vehicles having more quality features."

is beautiul

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "nothing"

"the best car for me"

Avoid this car! Unless you like problems.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room in the front."

Cons: "Problems that the dealer can't seem to fix!"

"Brake screech like a banshee and the dealer could not make it go away. Check engine light came on at 38000 miles. So far the dealer has changed the: Engine Control Module. Mass Air flow meter. Reprogrammed the ECU. Light came on again, am now at 42000 miles. I should not have purchased this car!"

Noisy, road noise, engine noise, transmission nois

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "seats are comfortable."

Cons: "Noisy and lost value $6000 in 6 months."

"The car sounds like a sports car, loud noise when speeding up. The CVT transmission is loud, road noise is annoying. The interior and exterior are nice, seats are confortable. I would not recommend an Altima unless you get the 6 cylinder. I'm on a 3 year lease 2.5 long years to go. Dealer would take it as a trade in with $5000. I have had it 6 months and 5500 miles on it. Said it was only worth $14000. Hate the car. One service dept said the noise was normal, going to get a second opinion."

Terrific value--Nissan has a winner in this one

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, affordable, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior colors limited, upgrade for options"

"I purchased my 2014 Altima SV in December of 2013 and absolutely love it. I traded in a 2005 Maxima with 130K. Opted for the convenience package and was well worth the extra cost(moon roof, rear seat vents, fog lights, remote start,etc.) There was quite a difference between the smaller 2.5 engine in my new Altima and the larger engine in my former Maxima. Smaller engine is acceptable but notice the lower HP when passing and accelerating. Nissan Altima comes in many models and was somewhat surprised to find normal standard options (on some cars) only available on the SV or SL models. Average mileage is 33-36 mpg and easily achieves a gas tank range of 550-600 miles. SV comes with 17" tires which handle well in snow and mud, far superior to the 18" tires on my former Maxima. Transmission noise is noticeable upon acceleration but is not annoying. Seats and interior are very comfortable. Instrument panel is set up efficiently and easy to read. Nissan utilizes a highly-visible white color for the gauges but still has a prevalent orange theme for night driving. Speedometer (like most of the new cars) can be hard to view when driving with a right hand on upper part of steering wheel. The SV model is well equipped with high tech options. The SL model has even more as well as leather seats (I prefer the cloth). The audio in the SV is adequate but those requiring superior sound will only find it in the SL model (9 Bose speakers). In comparing various same-size sedans, I found the Altima to have superior room (huge trunk space), excellent gas mileage and priced most competitively. If considering an Altima I would highly recommend upgrading to the SV or SL models. There is substantial difference in the features over the S model. Would also suggest the convenience pkg as well as the navigation pkg--good additions for a little more money."

Update

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Seats, technology, MPG"

"Still an amazing car getting 32 Plus average MPG overall. Hwy is 39 mpg thats awesome I don't fill up as much as I used to from my other car. Car drives smooth, great road trip car drives with ease and the seats are very comfortable. I came from a V6 car to this and there is not too much of difference. I read a lot of negative things on this car and so far I disagree! CVT transmission working well too!"

one year anniversary

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "yes it is fun to drive...great gas mileage"

Cons: "voice recognition and texting could be better"

"had issue with cvt...never reported......after 6k went away....15k going strong"

Love this Altima..

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, quick for 4 cyl., great mpg, great seats!"

Cons: "Seat height, floor mats seem cheap"

"I purchased the 2013 Altima SV back in April after trading in my 2012 Altima..due to very uncomfortable seats that were hard as a rock, so I figured if I was going to have the car for a long time, I may as well have a car that is comfortable to sit in! and it is sooo much better..Only complaint I have is that I wish the drivers seat was able to move up higher, seems like sometimes I'm sitting a little too low, even at the highest setting. Overall, we've been very happy with this car. I'm consistently getting 30-31 mpg driving to work every day, and I'm very happy with that, especially when I see the tiny cars and their mpg is about the same as mine and I have a decent size car that I feel safer in. Very comfortable, fun to drive, great stereo, just a good value overall. This is my 2nd Nissan, the first being a 2001 Maxima that has 140,000 miles and still going strong and I've handed down to my Son. I will no doubt purchase another Nissan down the line when the time comes."

My 1st nissan

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and gas mileage"

Cons: "none so far after 6 months"

"just want to start saying this the first nissan i have ever purchased. i was always a ford customer. i have been driving this car about 6 months have had no issues. my wife has a 2012 ford fusion sel with a v6 i cannot ride in her car for a long period of time as i become very uncomfortable in my altima comfort is not a issue gas mileage fusion averages about 26 in city altima about 34 highway fusion about 32 altima 39 the interior is much quieter in the altima power the altimas 4 has better acceleration than the fusion the altima is a better selling price point than the fusion can go on but so far no complaints about about my altima. there are more good things i could say about this car but i think you understand love my altima ps have to teenage boys and there is plenty of room for them in backseat"

update 1 yr of ownership

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage,comfort, options"

Cons: "cvt transmission,first year model has flaws"

"I traded my 2011 Altima for 2013 Altima about 1 yr ago. I bought a 2.5 SL, and really do love all my options and comforts of the car. However during this year of ownership there have been some issues. I had to have my altenator replaced at 15k no cost to me warranty covered,heated seat issue(not fixed till nissan finally said there was an issue)now they work great,I find that the doors make funny noise almost like they are misaligned. All dealership did was grease the doors. My advise to anyone buying a any car. DONT BUY A FIRST YEAR OR FIRST YEAR REDESIGNED WAIT TILL FOLLOWING YEAR!!!"

Dramatic upgrade of a solid vehicle

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, heated steering wheel, key start"

Cons: "None found yet"

"Have admired the styling upgrade for the past year and after much consideration of alternatives, I am very happy with the Altima ! Wow factor in full force with SL model, in all categories, value, tech, economy, connivence, performance , and safety. Most of all I love how it looks and drives. Based on past reviews I'm looking forward to many satisfying years of service."

Comfortable and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, quite"

Cons: "radio does not light up at night"

"After battling Nissan to replace my Lemon 2013 Sentra; they put me into a 2014 Altima. This car is extremely comfortable and quite while on the road. (I know that was one of the changes for 2014) I also had the dealership put Nitrogen in the tires which increases comfort.When I went to fill up the dashboard said I was getting 513 miles for a full tank! This car is the 2.5 SV model loaded. (Minus navigation) The sunroof is perfect for FL living. The brakes are amazing and will stop the car fast. The only concern I have is that the radio lights will not light up during the night.(with the headlights and fog lights on) I get a lot of compliments and people can't believe how quite it is. I am very happy with the car."

good value , goes like spit!!

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "great style'many compliments !great stereo,mp3 ."

Cons: "miss the moveable arm rest on earlier models!"

"after many (6)Nissan altimas I had to try the v6!same no height adj on the passenger seat and a definite "firmer" ride on rural roads.mileage is as expected,wish it was better,wife complains about seat height,she has to sit on pillow to see out.she is 5ft 2in!!time for another 4 cyl,maybe a turbo this time,ive had them too!"

Great looks, great comfort, great fuel economy

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Great looking car and interior, at least for me, is the best of the mid size sedans. Great driving car both local and long distance. Incredible fuel economy for a car this size. A good amount of my diving is open road (80%), and I never get less that 35-36 MPG average on a tank of gas. When traveling long distance on the highway between new england and maryland, I can easily get 40 MPG if I keep my speed down to around 70MPH. At 80 MPH steady state, I average around 38-39 MPG. I noticed a lot of complaints about driveline vibration. This is "normal", the shift program for the transmission is operating the engine at absolute lowest revs to maximize fuel economy according to throttle setting and speed. For me, it's just a reminder that the car is working to make sure I get the best fuel economy possible. I realize that not everyone is going to be able to accept such an arrangement. My hyundai sonata does the same thing at low road speeds once it shifts to top gear and the converter lock-up kicks in, although the period of vibration is shorter than the altima. It's the price for really good fuel economy, at least for now."

See if you qualify for