2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,659 - $20,540.

10/8.6

7.7

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Car EXCEPT...

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, engine, interior and electronics"

Cons: "Sadly. the CVT transmission is a major drawback"

"You will find that reviews for this car are at one extreme or the other. The poor marks usually are due to the CVT transmission. My decision to buy 2013 Altima was based in large part on my experience with a 2005 Altima that I drove for the past 7 years. That Altima was a 2.5 liter with a 5 speed manual transmission. It was extremely fun to drive, good on gas and proved to be reliable. Unfortunately, it was totaled in an accident and I quickly needed to replace. It came as a surprise that Altima’s were now only offered with a CVT transmission. Against my better judgment, I went ahead and bought the car with the CVT because I really liked every other aspect of the vehicle. I now have deep regret about the purchase because of the driving characteristics of the CVT. It is a shame because the rest of the car is outstanding. The CVT has two modes, “Drive” and “Drive Sport”. The latter allows you to pretend the car is shifting. It does not improve performance and is bound to put additional wear on a transmission that is already proving to have durability issues. Both modes cause the drivetrain to shudder and vibrate under normal driving conditions. This is due to the load being put on the engine at too low of an RPM. Drivability is severely sacrificed to achieve better gas mileage with this car. Ironically, my 2005 with a 5 speed manual transmission did almost as well on gas. It’s disappointing that Nissan has abandoned their loyal performance oriented customer base as they chase after the typical Camry buyer. The 2013 Altima ends up being a neutered package due to the CVT. This was clearly a conscious and intended choice by Nissan. They could have a made a 6 speed manual available for those that prefer that option. They already had that transmission fully developed and in production. At a minimum, they should reprogram the Drive Sport mode to not lug the engine down at low speeds. For me, the purchase of this car was a costly mistake that I deeply regret and hope others can avoid. I also hope that the decision makers and Directors at Nissan take notice of the sincere customer feedback in these reviews."

Excellent Car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, comfortable and fuel efficient."

Cons: "Slight vibration issue at idle."

"It looked good from the outside, but I tested this car with the expectation it would be lacking in terms of comfort and performance. Nope, I was pleasantly surprised. I've driven the car 1,000 miles so far and the seats are as comfortable as they claim, the ride is smooth unless you hit the worst kind of bumps, the car looks great and feels really solid. The 4cl engine is surprisingly peppy and provides enough power to not make you feel you are compromising for the sake of fuel efficiency, and boy, does it deliver fuel efficiency! My one (slight) negatives is the vibration when you idle is distracting (the hood is visibly vibrating, I keep thinking the hood is going to spontaneously open). All in all a fantastic car, I would definitely recommend."

Nice Looking, Noisy Car

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Having driven the 2013 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 5,000 miles now I have some things to say. I have taken the car back to the dealer to address some issues. They are as follows: 1) Acceleration through 1,400 rpms is rough, the transmission seems to struggle creating a noticeable rumbling/vibrating sound which you can hear in the car. The dealer says that is normal for the 4 cyl. 2) The power steering assist motor is loud and you can hear a whirring sound inside the car. The dealer says that is normal. 3) Sitting at a stop light the car sometimes vibrates and shakes not violently but enough to notice. I drove a 2009 Altima SL 4 cyl. for 3 years and loved its smooth ride so much I was sold on the new model’s better looks but now I miss the 2009’s smooth ride. The gas milage is better and it does ride smooth under and over the 1,400 rpm range. One mechanic suggested I use premium gas to alleviate the vibration/rumbling around 1,400 rpm but that did not help. The issues above take away from the positive features of the car. For Nissan the issues above should be unacceptable and should be fixed."

Staying in the nissan family

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "rides great and fast"

Cons: "nosiy engine"

"back in 2005 i purchase the 2005 xterra and now own a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv. I love this car it is a great step down from the SUV. i was very impressed by the features on this car. everywhere i go i get stares, the body and shape is great. the only thing is that the engine is a 4cl and is noisy, everything else is great."

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

This car rocks.

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

"I did my homework and studied all thecars out there, this one had the best bang for the buck."

whats not to like

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "so far none"

"The driving experience is great, quiet and it has a solid feel on the highway. The seats are as advertised very comfortable. One of my favorite features is the backup camera which gives added confidence when backing out of the drive."

GREAT!!!!

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "GAS SAVER!!!!"

Cons: "I like the stock rims on the SL better."

"This car is Great. This is what a car should drive like and look like. Nothing but good things to say."

Victory!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Options"

Cons: "more conservative looks than others"

"one thing i got to say: WOW The speed of this car: WOW The seats: WOW The blind spot: WOW The back camera blow dry yes blow dr: WOW The Shocks: WOW and it is Nissan! WOW"

I'm a stay at car Mom :)

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Convenient"

Cons: "Price"

"In today's world I'm not a stay at home Mom but stay in my car all day. From school to soccer to swimming to the house to friends to dinner and on and on....with this car I can say that it's a little better. Fun like the others said but also convenient. Open the trunk and doors with the keys in my purse the whole time. I might not be a good comparison since I always opened Kia and Hyundai I'm new to this luxury level of cars... All and all I recommend."