2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,515 - $20,431.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Vehicle shutter/ transmission issue

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Wife loves the vehicle style, interior, etc."

Cons: "Transmission issues are a significant downside"

"2013/ 3.5---Severe vehicle shutter at slow speed acceleration from dead stop. Transmission replaced at about 2900 miles and with 6700 miles the new replacement is now exhibiting he same problem. So, after two months, we still have no answers from Nissan as to cause or how they might correct the issue. Dealership and Nissan were prompt in replacing the transmission when the initial problem was communicated but with the same problem being present in the new transmission I am in a holding pattern on what the next steps might be. I understand these transmission issues are specific to the 3.5 engine/transmission and are not unique to my vehicle. The dealership has had two staff driven 3.5 demos that have exhibited the same problem. Nissan Manufacturing has been given this information. This defect might be present in all or a substantial number of 2013 3.5 Altimas. I cannot recommend this vehicle until such time a resolution to the problem is identified and implemented."

Good Car For The money

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Nice interior,Good seats,Easy to drive."

Cons: "Road and engine noise."

"You will not get 38mpg on the highway. you will need time to get used to the CVT Transmission."

Great car but a couple of minor annoyances

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "Nissan name, technology on board, quickness"

Cons: "CVT is loud, more control over stereo,"

"I purchased this car in February after having researched cars to the nth degree. Test drove a Fusion and was almost sold on it with the exception that the center stack hit my leg in exactly the wrong place no matter what the seat adjustment (I'm 6'5"). Have owned two Maxima's so am quite enamored with the Nissan brand. Test drove a 3.5SL and fell in love with it. Everything is fairly intuitive and car is technologically advanced. Got 33mpg on the first road trip. Two minor issues that hopefully can be taken care of on the first dealer visit. First is a wind noise at the driver door that is actually fairly loud and the second is the tendency for the CVT to jerk periodically when starting from a dead stop. Aside from that, there are no complaints. I did manage to install body side moldings and the rear clear bumper protector myself (original Nissan parts btw) obtained from Nissan dealers doing business on Ebay. The car has a very firm ride that sometimes is a bit too harsh but overall is acceptable. A few design issues that would be helpful would be to increase the size of the temperature readout and put that along with the compass display either on the rear view mirror as in some cars or incorporate it into the head unit. Not all information is just for the driver. The rear backup camera could be brighter especially at night in dark areas as the image is very dim. The only other improvement would be a greater control over the sound system itself with some mid range controls needed over just treble and bass. Would the design issues have been a deal breaker, not hardly but the transmission and wind noise are not acceptable in a vehicle with a price tag of over $31,000."

Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Cons: "Loud Annoying Whine from power steering pump 2013"

"Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine audible to all in the interior. Very Annoying Factory engineered problem dealers can't fix. Owners must complain in mass to force Nissan to recall and fix. Write a review everywhere, let's muster the troops!"

Awsome Car

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Engine Pwr, CVT Transmission, Smooth and Quietness"

"I have the 3.5 SL 270 HP / CVT Transmission. The ride is smooth and very quiet (Lexus Quite). The pickup is great, with great gas mileage. The seats are the most comfortable I have been in for a car, with lots of room for all. Great handling, and sporty feel. Also, the technology is great - easy setup for Bluetooth, and other hand held devices to listen to through awsome BOSE Sound System - sounds great, and is loud with the amplifier. There is a ton of room in the trunk, and the rear seats can be folded down for large / long items. Very satisfied with purchase! My brother is also getting one!"

Just leased the new Altima

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Sexy curves, great navi,"

Cons: "SV model doesnt have HID lights"

"I am writing this review after only having the car for one week. I had a 2011 Maxima that was totaled in a flood from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I was debating on going back into the Maxima but I really love the look of the Altima. My Maxima was fully loaded and I loved it. After weighing my options I decided to go with the 2.5 SV Altima. All I can say is WOW! I didn't get the leather or Bose option this time around. I do miss the sound system and the leather I had on my Maxima. The Altima sound system is "okay" and I feel it could be a bit better. Overall I really enjoy the car thou. The navigation is pretty cool and the look of the car is pretty sexy in black. I only did a 24 month lease and put the taxes down and my payment is under $250 a month. Nissan is advertising 2k down plus taxes for the 2.5S model for 199 a month so I feel I got a great deal on this. I am extremely happy with the car!"

good but not great

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "seats looks"

Cons: "engine little noisey"

"So far not pretty happy with the car. I love the design it looks like a luxury car. I will be buying 20s then it wilk really look amazing. I love the seats very comfy. The car drives good great gas mileage average 32 mpg between highway and city.not bad. I paid cash for the car which makes me enjoy it even more. No payment for me:)"

My second Altima 3.5 SL

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, design, gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "I'll let you know at 162,000 miles."

"This is my second Altima and my husband now drives my 2005. The reliability on this car is awesome and that's why I bought another one. We have 162,000 miles on the 2005 and it's been nothing but Wonderful! I thought I'd be bored with a new one but, after test driving the 2013, I could'nt believe the drive and all the new interior features that come standard on the 3.5sl. It's a totally different car but, in a good way. It's a wonderful car for the money."

How do I love my new Altima? Let Me Count the Ways

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Athletic, highly fuel-efficient, technology-rich"

"1. I love the 36-38 mpg I get on the highway, depending on load. 2. I love the handling and ride--responsive but smooth. 3. I love the technology package (I have the SL model), that allows me to talk on the phone hands free, play Pandora through my phone, navigate with ease, even connect a portable hard drive and listen to thousands of books and songs. 4. I love the rear camera and the moving object warning and lane departure warning it provides. 5. I love the NASA-inspired front bucket seats--most comfortable ride possible. 6. Despite complaints by others about the CVT, and even after acknowledging the "rubber-band" effect when accelerating at low speeds, I love its responsiveness, and of course the way it keeps gas consumption low. 7. I love the "athletic" feel of this car on the road, around corners, up and down mountain passes. Two recent long "break-in" trips--one from Atlanta to Detroit and back, one from Atlanta to Tampa and back--made driving feel like a joy again. And did I mention the 38 mpg on the highway?"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "milage fit/finish handling"

Cons: "back up camera"

"overall i love this car. seat heaters are wired improperly and back up camera is virtually worthless but i am confident that nissan will address these issues. milage is as good as advertised. the four cylinder motor is smooth and surpisingly strong. fit and finish is excellent as is handling. if nissan's service turns out to be as good as the car i would change my rating to a 10."