2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,995 - $20,766.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."

Vibration and noisy drive train

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features for the money"

Cons: "Noisy engine and vibration from CVT"

"At about 5000 miles I started noticing the engine making a noise that sounded like the engine was "lugging". The noise progressively got worse and I could make it happen all the time by feathering the throttle and keeping the RPMs at 1500. At about 7500 miles I started noticing the vibration from the CVT. Under light acceleration at city or highway speeds I can feel and hear a vibration in the drive train. Now my fuel mileage has started to decrease. When the car was new I could consistently get over 40 mpg on the highway. Now I'm only getting 33 mpg. I took the car to the dealer and was told the noise and vibration are normal. Seems to me that I would of noticed the problem when I first got the car if it were normal. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Nissan. It's really a shame that Nissan would produce a car with such obvious problems because otherwise it would be the best car out there in its class. It has a lot of good things going for it but in my opinion the cons out weigh the pros. If I had to do it over again I would not buy this car."

Traded in a 98 Altima for the 2013 Model

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Features, MPG, Style"

Cons: "None."

"I had 275k on my 98 Altima, traded it in for the features, MPG and expected reliability of the 2013 Altima. Everything I expected and more in the first 8000 miles."

Looks good but noisy

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, many perks for $$$"

Cons: "new transmission and bracket replaced under 16000m"

"Car looks good and has nice perks like remote start, push start, seat and steering wheel heater. At 15000 miles there is a high pitch noise on the passenger side, nissan said a steering bracket would need to be replaced. Also alot of noise from under the car, nissan said the transmission needed to be replaced. So far I like the look, feel and perks but not sure if this is going to be a lemon in the long run."

My second Altima 3.5 SL

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, design, gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "I'll let you know at 162,000 miles."

"This is my second Altima and my husband now drives my 2005. The reliability on this car is awesome and that's why I bought another one. We have 162,000 miles on the 2005 and it's been nothing but Wonderful! I thought I'd be bored with a new one but, after test driving the 2013, I could'nt believe the drive and all the new interior features that come standard on the 3.5sl. It's a totally different car but, in a good way. It's a wonderful car for the money."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25