2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,595 - $20,488.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."

LUV OUR ALTIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "GPS, ride, controls, zero gravity seats, value"

Cons: "mpg numbers mixed up"

"We purchased a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL couldn't be anymore happier with our brand new car...Bought vehicle because of insurance cost, low maintenance, incentives and value which everything is worth the price of it. I'm a truck driver my commute is spending an (50 hour drive) in a hard seat but what love about our Nissan is interior front seats built in ''Inspire zero gravity'' they have lots of support includes heated front seats, GPS, Nissan connect system, intelligent key remote starter button, Bluetooth, blind spot/moving object detection, Nissan Drive Advanced Assist Display and much more. Our car has some of the best handling ever the ride gives us is very powerfully smooth on a quiet interior. Gas mileage isn't bad but don't get the right mpg as window sticker said before buying car we're combining (34 mpg on main highways only) and doing interstate driving across the border of our state we're averaging about (23-27 mpg) coasting on interstates not a bad breaker at all for this car. LUV the features includes a sunroof, leather seats, controls, 4'' color display, remote start. It have lots of room from front/rear of vehicle have a smooth highway ride since my wife and I love to drive but this Nissan Altima is making it more convenient for us to be sitting 4 to 8 hours of driving without feeling tired we take trips get kind of sluggish after two hour drives but to our Altima we don't feel not zero percent tired in comfort in ''Zero gravity seating position'' both front and passenger give us that excellent support feeling. I have a 18 wheeler at the company every time wish can take the passenger seat out my car and install it in my ''BIG RIG'' because never drove a vehicle being so comfortable in a great ride have out this car as Altima driving cross country be really uncomfortable on a much longer drive. I highly recommend the car last vehicle owned was a Nissan that went (200,000) without replacing a timing belt and no issues on that car but was a long time ago owning Nissan vehicles we decided to go back with the brand again glad we did loving everything about this car it will last many more years. The best midsize automobile ever built to last on the highways like Nissan Altima best in value, price, comfort, insurance cost and ride gives."

Traded in a 98 Altima for the 2013 Model

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Features, MPG, Style"

Cons: "None."

"I had 275k on my 98 Altima, traded it in for the features, MPG and expected reliability of the 2013 Altima. Everything I expected and more in the first 8000 miles."

Very Enjoyable Car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "quiet ride, comfortable seats,"

Cons: "none so far"

"I purchased this car a couple months ago, and after driving it 2000 miles or so, I actually like it more than I thought I would. I decided on the 2.5 S with Display Audio. I love the interior, all the audio options, the way it handles, the 4 cyl engine has lots of pick-up, and I'm averaging around 28 mph. Haven't had it on a trip yet. I was a little concerned after reading some of the earlier consumer reviews. but after a couple months, I've had no problems or complaints."

Looks good but noisy

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, many perks for $$$"

Cons: "new transmission and bracket replaced under 16000m"

"Car looks good and has nice perks like remote start, push start, seat and steering wheel heater. At 15000 miles there is a high pitch noise on the passenger side, nissan said a steering bracket would need to be replaced. Also alot of noise from under the car, nissan said the transmission needed to be replaced. So far I like the look, feel and perks but not sure if this is going to be a lemon in the long run."