2011 Nissan Altima

Based on 1013 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

WINDOWS MALFUNCTION

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I bought this car in July and absolutely fell in love with it until this weekend. My windows malfunctioned and came completely down two times. It was raining so everything inside got soaked."

Pretty Good Car

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I upgraded from an '05 Altima 2.5S to the '07 model in January. Had no problems with the previous car. Currently, the new one has 23,500 miles. There are many very small, but noticable differences (upgrades) between these cars so that I was pursuaded to buy. I won't go into these now. A few problems: 1) The passenger airbag often does not go on when my wife (135 lbs) is in the seat which is a safety issue that the dealership could not figure out how to address; 2) The wheels emitted a very high pitched and loud squeak for a long time, which miraculously would not happen when we took it in to the dealer (four times). They took apart the wheels three times and finally it went away. However, now there has been a different, less annoying, intermittent squeak when breaking that seems to be going away; 3) Currently, another problem seems to have occured and the engine sounds louder than usual. We have yet to take it in due to time constraints, and there are no other noticable effects from this. I'm told this could be the air intake. There have been two recalls on the vehicle (one for the air filter and one for the keyless ignition), which is annoying. Also, there is a slight hitch in the acceleration in that if you push the gas pedal from a dead stop, there is not an immediate response, then the car will jump slightly as the transmission engages the wheels. Additionally, sometimes the breaks seem to do a little additional grab beyond what you expect, when exerting higher than normal pressure at higher speeds. Not a big deal, really. Other than these problems, the car is very comfortable with good power for a 4 cyl. The car handles a little better than the old one as it seems to have a lower center of gravity. The CVT takes a little getting used to, and there are pauses in the transmission between shifting from forward to reverve and back as the transmission engages, that are a little annoying, but minor. The interior is very nicely appointed and finished and everything is user-friendly and within reach. Lots of cup holders is nice as well. The stereo is great, and the auxiliary in for a dvd player is a nice feature. The trunk is a little smaller than the old one, but quite functional. Gas mileage is as advertised with around 24mpg in the city and 33 highway, for an overall average for me of 27.5 mpg. Despite these problems (which don't seem to be prevalent in other cars) it is a fine, comfortable car of otherwise quality construction. I loved this car for a time, but these small problems have been frustrating and are resulting in my not wanting the car anymore. I would still recommend this model to others, though."

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"this car is stylish and drives smooth"

GREAT VECHILE

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I bought my nissian altima in March 2007, I love it. It goes when you need it to. And the best part it holds kids great. I wouldn't buy anything else. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT"

GREAT CAR

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Bought this car 4 months ago. I hit a deer and this car was great. The inpaact was nothing like the last accidents I been in. 5 star safty rating I BELIEVE IT! CAR WAS TOTALED and NO one was hurt but the deer. AMAZING CAR AND SAFE TOO. I am getting ANOTHER ONE! The ride is amazing, I have the bose system and it ROCKS! Bluetooth is a nice option as well. You will be not be sorry for getting this car."