2010 Nissan Altima

Based on 1036 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."

Literally saved my life, such a safe car!

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "SAFE, comfortable, roomy, good on gas"

Cons: "Can't think of any big ones."

"Okay let me just put this out here, I was OBSESSED with this car when I had it! I owned it for about 2 years. It drove so nice, was comfortable, and looked nice. So good on gas too. I drove all the time and only had to fill up every other week. The stock sound system was great in my opinion especially for only being stock! Everyone was always commenting about how my car "bumps". Well anyways I hit a tree head on the other day, and my car handled it like a champ. If I was in any other car I probably easily could have died, but the safety features on this car were amazing. Since it got wrecked I am now looking for another car, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got another Altima!"

Boring.

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable. Very capable transportation."

Cons: "Loosey-goosey handling. No fun to drive."

"My Altima is a very good car. It is roomy and comfortable. It has enough extras that I feel like I'm being pampered. Unfortunately, it just does not measure up to my Honda. I have previously owned two Honda accords. I don't know what possessed me to buy the Nissan. My Hondas have felt tighter and more precise than the Altima."

First car and still love it after 3 years.

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Performance, Quality, Design"

Cons: "No A/C vents for the back for S model."

Mine.

"I bought a silver S at the time and fell in love with the looks, value and price. It looks great inside and out. Standard features are excellent for what you get. Very good acceleration, handling, and technology. Even in the S model, quality materials are built within the car. I feel comfortable, safe, and overall impressed after 3 years of owning it. I have no problems with it all. My only complaint is I wish they added air vents for the back seats somewhere but that's minimal. Beats the Accord and Camry by far."

Mine.

Expanding Visor

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "The cup holders are key sometimes. Perfect."

"It's too bad the newer model has a visor that doesn't expand. I'm holding onto my 2008 forever. It's all about the expanding visor. I use it every morning as I drive to work, with the sun rising in the east."

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great value, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "road/wind noise, turn radius, rear passenger room"

"I am a 3 time Nissan Altima owner (2003, 2010, and 2012). I love these cars. They are well built, reliable, and stylish. Good handling and acceleration. They also hold their value well. My only complaints are poor turn radius, fairly loud road/wind noise in the vehicle, minimal rear passenger led room."

Not the best (or the worst)

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great resale value."

Cons: "Handling, head restraints, brake effort."

"Handling of this vehicle is the low point. Steering is quirky, as the vehicle does not only dislike tracking straight on the highway, any lane deviation is quickly exaggerated and will require constant correction. In turns, the car first under-steers, then abruptly reacts as the steering wheel is further turned. The brakes stop the vehicle well - as long as you remember to press lightly, lest your passengers nose dive into the dash. The pedals also seen a bit too close the each other, as my big feet tend to catch the brake pedal edge as I move my foot from the gas. Fit and finish are good and have held up well over the past 2.5 years. No major mechanical problems. Head restrains are too close the the driver's/passenger's head and caused me frequent neck aches unless I found the single recline setting that would balance me "just so". The 2012 model handles the same as my 2011. The 2013 model uses sensors to correct the tracking problem, but though the steering wheel now remains more stationary, you can feel the sensors doing what used to be manually required correction. The brakes are also improved over previous model years, but I would not buy this car again, as there are too many better handling options available."

Love it love it!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"I love this car so much! Great gas mileage, great air conditioning (which is VERY important for living in Arizona!). The stock sound system is way better than compatible models. I've been in a Honda Accord, same year, and the speakers in my Altima are so much better! It handles perfectly."

Most reliable car I've owned

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Price, value, included amenities, reliability, CVT"

Cons: "Noisy when accelerating at low speeds."

2007 Altima

"I can't say enough good things about this car. I bought it new in 2007 and have never once been stranded anywhere or had to have any major mechanical repairs done. For the price and included amenities it's hard to beat. The trunk space is by far leaps and bounds above the competition. The suspension is above par and at 68k miles still feels like new. I will definitely be buying another Nissan after this based on my experience with the Altima."

2007 Altima

Best road trip car...Still in love after 4 years!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Easy driving, safe, great gas mileage"

"This Altima has been the ultimate driving experience. Perfect size, top-rated child-safety, CVT technology, push button start, remote access, 30+ actual mpg, storage galore. These features and countless others make the smooth and ever-reliable ride my standard. I will own this car until my toddler inherits it. Nothing better is out there for value, reliability, safety, and luxury."

Best purchase ever

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Nissan Altima 2012 2.5 S - Charcoal Gray

"I have dreamed of owning a Nissan Altima for allot of years but never wanted to have a car payment as long as my other car (Honda Accord SE) with 208,000 miles was still running. But as the years past and I knew it was time to make a purchase I knew that I wanted to research the Nissan Altima to make sure that the car was as reliable as it looked. After researching and reading up on the 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, I decided to make my purchase this past Feb 2013. I love the car and how it handles and performs. Technology has come a long ways since my 2002 past car. Do your research and read with others have to say about this car but in the end I think you will be making the right decision if you decide to purchase this car. Mine is Charcoal in color on the outside and Black for the interior. Smooth ride with good gas mileage."

Nissan Altima 2012 2.5 S - Charcoal Gray

Good vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, leg room, body"

Cons: "Mpg mpg mpg, cvt"

"I like the car, bought whit 12000 mils, front brakes change at 38000 Oem tires very cheap. The gas millage is poor 18 city/23 Hwy :-("

Great vehicle!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great comfort and speed!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I am not a car person at all, however a few years ago I had to downsize due to fuel expense. And this car has not let me down - the power is awesome! It is great for long distance travel - very comfortable. Stereo system is great and love the leather heated seats in the cold weather. And there is great leg room in the rear. I have not had to do anything to this car except put tires and a battery in it!"

Such a great, comfortable, quick car

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good fuel economy, luxurious details"

Cons: "Torque pull"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and I love it. It has a very smooth ride with great acceleration and I love the CVT! You can't feel it shift at all. The 270 HP is so useful when merging on the highway or passing. The only bad thing is that because it's FWD, there is a bit of torque pull if you hit the gas really hard. And there is a tendency, at times, to spin the wheels if you are taking off too fast (but I think this is problematic with all vehicles, including those with RWD). The interior is luxuriously finished and has withstood the test of time. The vehicle is five years old and mostly like new (there's a little wear on the leather from little feet, but that's to be expected). I love the keyless entry and ignition. When my hands are full with kids or groceries, I don't have to dig through my purse to find keys - just press a button on the outside and you're in. What a fantastic innovation. The only negative here is that the buttons on one of the fobs stopped working so the only way to open the door with that fob is to press the buttons on the car - and the fobs are incredibly expensive to replace. It's fine with me, though, because I just leave it in my purse pretty much all the time. I've driven the 4 cylinder version as well (my mom and a co-worker both have one) and it's got a great pickup, too. So if you're concerned about the extra price for the V6 or the fuel economy, definitely give the 4 cylinder a try. Pretty much, I love this car. It's just fantastic across the board. There's very little I would change. We're thinking of getting a new second car and I'm finding it hard to think of buying something else - I'm really used to all the little luxuries (auto up/down driver's side and passenger side windows, automatic sunroof, and automatic lights, and bluetooth!)."

Solid, reliable, efficient midsize

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, solid handling, fuel economy (4cyl), peppy"

Cons: "No pwr passenger seat, marginal rear headroom"

"Got loaded 2.5SL-all options except nav. Quiet, comfortable, great mpg (actual 27 city,34hwy). CVT sounds different at first but its very smooth"

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Price great for features!"

Cons: "Air in rear could be stronger."

"When I compared similar cars, the Altima offered more features for less money. I have owned it for nearly 4 years and have had no trouble. My next car will be another Altima!"

Great, reiable, fun car.

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun Drive, Plenty of Power, Comfy, Quiet, safe"

Cons: "Large Turn Radius, Small Trunk, Fragile Paint"

"I have owned this car for 3 years now and am very happy with it. It has great exterior styling, interior is very comfy and stylish. When I test drove the 2.5 I wasn't too impressed with the power and since I do a lot of highway driving I opted for the 3.5 which has quite a bit more pick up (the only down side is that they recommend premium gas for the 3.5 and yes, you do notice a difference in pick up as well as feeling a little vibration when idling). The CVT Transmission is pretty sick. Totally seamless shifting. Nissan also extended the warenty for all their CVT's to 11years 100,000miles so the worry of the expensive repair if they break is gone. The car is not the best in the snow but the traction control does a pretty good job of keeping things straight. The cabin is also very quiet both on the highway and in the city. The negatives I can think of are: - Turn radius is slightly smaller than a Mack Truck - Small trunk. If you haul anything this car is not for you. The trunk is just big enough to fit my hockey bag or two small walking golf bags and that's it. The seats do fold down if you need extra room but it can be a bit awkward getting stuff into the back through the front. - Paint is pretty fragile. If anything remotely sharp brushes against it, it will scratch. I don't know if this is limited to this car because I have freinds that complain about the same thing with other Nissans and even other car makes. - A lot of money for what you get. I read some reviews before I bought the car about this and they're very true. For just a couple thousand more you can get into a used Infinity G35 or G37 with a lot of standard amenities, better paint, better warenty, etc. However, from what I've experienced this is true for most Nissan cars. Hope this helps!"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Mileage and comfort"

Cons: "Blue tooth background noise"

"Bought this car new one year ago. I only have 5000 miles on it. It is a smooth riding car with great mileage. Very comfortable to drive with a great Bose stereo system. The blue tooth microphone picks up too much road noise. Otherwise no negative comments."

great drive

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I own a 2009 altima 2.5s bought it in September 2008. Great car for a first time Nissan drove all other sedans did not like them especially the Honda accord. Love the performance of the car the 2.5 is quick in manual mode could be improved in CVT mode but overall it is good. Gas mileage is as it says on the sticker some time I even get more. You get what I paid for in my way great car for it price love my altima."

Not that happy

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"I thought that I was buying a great reliable car, that would last me the 5years of the loan. Well I was wrong. I think I bought a lemon. Well in one year of having a brand new car, the car died on me twice. The battery and security issue, in which the car wont even turn on. And the rotors already went on the car. And it needs a new exhaust. For a brand new car, this shouldn't happen. I cant say that it is that reliable cause now I cant get to work. I dont think I will ever buy a Nissan again or recommend it to anyone."

2008 altima 3.5SE

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Great car for sports, but not for luxury. If you want luxury go for the 3.5SL. This model rides like a 2 door sports car on rough pavements, but like a luxury car on the interstate, even at 120mph. This is my second Altima and not much have changed since 2006. I really miss my 2006 because it was more fun to drive because the CVT transmission has removed a lot of the fun out of the ride. The upgrade was worth it because the push to start, CVT, and body style all are great features. The only downfall of this car is that the interior rattles like crazy and this has been a problem with my 2008 since the first week. At the end of the day, I still like my car, I just miss my 2006."

Door Locks

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Interesting most are reporting the same problems, breaks and such. Mine has all the same issues. My beef is that you can’t get into your car and lock the door. If you do all the doors unlock. You have to get in put your foot on the break and then lock the door. Which sounds silly but being a woman sometimes you want and need to get in and lock the door - in that order. Its great that you can’t lock your keys in your car but the other ramifications out weigh that ‘convenience’ in my opinion. The gas mileage is not as advertised in the city – not even close."

not practical

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"i own an 08 coupe 2.5 s cvt transmission. the car is beautiful and great on gas, however it is TERRIBLE in any kind of snow, so if you are a new englander stay away from this car unless you are planning to buy it as a toy. i purchased the convenience package, and the stock sound system is terrible, plastic pieces are coming off of the seats etc. i would not buy one again, and will definetly trade this car in within the next couple of years."

Much improved

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Bought a Altma 2003, great styling and performance, however the 2007 Altma is vastly improved, better ride, less road noise, better gas mileage (30mph) to mention a few improvements. Priced right."

Glad I have it

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. The leather seats are remarkable. It is roomy and I am a bigger gal! I have all the whistles on this car and I have to say that it looks classy, drives classy, and feels classy. My only complaint is the quality of the bluetooth and my dealer's failure to prioritize repairing it. It started out with thinking the microphone was not good as it would not correctly dial some numbers and it has continually been difficult for the receiving party to understand me although I hear them clearly. I don't mind paying for a good quality car but for the price that I paid for this car, I should be able to contact God on my bluetooth. And since this is sooo important to people??? The trunk is HUGE in this car and the stereo (BOSE) is definitely the best that I have ever experienced in a vehicle."