2010 Nissan Altima

Based on 1021 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Not disappointed

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Excellent quality, mpg, and fun to throw around"

Cons: "Leather can be too firm on long road trips"

"Bought a certified pre-owned 2007 Altima and she drives like she's brand new. Highly enjoy the manu-matic function when I'm in the mood; the transmission responds very quickly when up or downshifting. Gas mileage is excellent. If you're off the gas, you can easily attain 2 mpg more in city than rated and 3 mpg more on the freeway than rated. Instead of 23/32, I'm able to get it to 25/36. Just a thought of how efficient the CVT can be if you give it a chance. The interior materials used are excellent in fit/finish/showmanship. The ride itself is very smooth but firm; the suspension rides firmer than any other vehicle in its class. Personally, I like a firm ride, so it doesn't bother me any. The sound system is flawless, albeit I've the Bose system. The non-bose system is just as good in quality, just not as loud I suppose. Overall, I enjoy driving it just as much as I did my old '93 240sx; the only difference is it's 500lbs heavier. Try it out on a test drive......you'd be surprised at what it can take. Hope this review helps."

Luxury for anyone's pocketbook

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"This car is luxury meets affordability. Go for SL package with all the trim and you will not be disappointed. Style, Performance, Gas Economy, and Price Tag. Cannot get a better car for the price. Had mine four months now and would not trade it for anything less than a 350 Z."

not so happy w/this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "It's quiet, controls are easy"

Cons: "Jerky transmission; horrible driving seat"

"After reading tons and tons of reviews on this car and others, and the fact my mechanic said he wouldn't fix my old car any more, I leased the Altima. It's the Special Edition which is nothing special. The transmission jerks constantly, and the seats are very uncomforatble. I'm 5'10" and after about 20 mins, my driving leg starts to fall asleep. There isn't much leeway in adjusting the seat. And the seat is just plain hard. I'm so glad I leased rather than bought this car. It's fine for around town driving, and that's about all it'll be used for. Can only hope the dealer offers something down the road so i can give it back early - will also consider breaking the lease. Very disappointed."

Mostly satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Acceleration for a 4 CYL., cabin room."

Cons: "Cold engine noise, CVT hesitation."

"This vehicle is of good value for the money. I bought it used with 34K on the odometer and it has ran well since then. My overall MPG is 31 and I believe my highwway MPG to be around the mid 30's. However, the engine/CVT combo took some getting used to. The engine does sound like a diesel when cold and it will tick until warmed up under acceleration. I did a lot of research on that issue and the noise is due to engine design and solid lifters. I ran Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 filter for 4K and had a near perfect used oil analysis which indicated much less than average wear for the vehicle. So I guess I somewhat confirmed that the noises are not detrimental. I also had the CVT hesitation TSB performed for free from a local dealer. That was nice but it still hesitates and drops in RPM at approximately 30 MPH but I guess occurs less frequently. This is my first Nissan and overall things are fine. The ride is quiet and comfortable and the cabin is roomy. There are just some things to get used to with a new manufacturer."

3rd Altima--still great 4 years later

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "good pick up, gas mileage, average ride"

Cons: "OEM tires junk"

"I average 85 miles a day 5x a week. Only have spent money on basic services, brakes and tires. No squeaks or rattles like some of my previous American cars. Rides good and I average 27 mpg. I spent a few extra dollars on my first set of replacement tires at 45k, continentals were junk. Went with Pirelli and I still have about another 30-40k tread left. Tire noise is much less. I contemplated trading in on a new 2013, but without any major issues I'm going to try and get another 50,000 miles. Trade in value is low since Nissan dealer in area offers double discounts, so they won't work much with you. Previously owned 2006 and 2004 Altimas."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "good $, good MPG, comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "keep extra batteries and a spare key!!!"

"This has to be one of the best vehicles I have ever had. I enjoy driving it and is very comfortable. There is only one down side to this vehicle (and probably any other with the same feature) If the battery goes dead on the remote key and you can't get the other key or a new battery, you are in trouble. You can start the car and drive off, but when you stop you have major problems. The gearshift locks in park. This is easily taken care of by the hole next to the gearshift, however the stearing column is a differant story. There is no way of unlocking the stearing column and unless your wheels are already straight, you can't even load it on a flat bed tow truck!!! There should be a way to unlock the stearing column like the gearshift. Of course once you get the other key or a new battery, your fine; but it could be that if you are on the side of the road, not even a tow truck will do you any good. You have to get a battery or another key. BTW, a new key is $200.00+ with another $100.00 to reprogram the car to the key and the dealer is the only one that can do it. With all that, I still say it is the best car I have ever had. Just make sure you can get another key and keep extra batteries in the car!!"

Love my Altima!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, affordable, comfortable, large trunk"

Cons: "I wish it had more technology available."

"This car is very reliable and drives amazingly. I love the sport mode because the suspension feels tighter and takes turns much better. The interior is very comfortable and roomy, I have had many compliments on the space available to my passengers. The gauge cluster is very easy to read and appealing to the eye. I love my tail light design! 5/5!"

good car, good mileage, would buy again, gd dlr.

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "price, perks, looks, mpg, helpful dealer"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I have no complaints about this car. I totalled my Toyota Camry and shopped around for a new car, settling on this one...best deal. More bang for the buck. It gets 26.5 mpg in town and about 31 mpg on the highway. It's very smooth ride, no repair problems. Only one recall and that's to do with exhaust system...fixed free. I use winter tires so it's good in the snow. I have absolutely no complaints about this car. But, I still miss my Toyota and I cannot tell you why. Either way, it's been nice owning two different makes of cars when it isn't being repaired all the time. I would give this car a very high recommendation."

do you want a car you can love?

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I LOVE MY ALTIMA. i have a 3.5SE with the tech package. i love the nav system, XM nav-traffic is cool, back-up camera is great too. ive had this car for about 13 months now and im averaging just over 28MPG with it. i drive pretty agressive too. thats probably the most impressive part my altima. other then that handling is great, fit and finish is better then camry and accord. well actually everything about is better then camry and accord, performance, styling, comfort, options, over exillaration. altima is the only car worth its money."

Front seats are difficult get in & out of.

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"Love the car, love how it handles when driving. Do not like the design of front seats because they sit too deep or low making it difficult to get in or out of. The interior chrome did not hold up to well, it started failing after having the car for 6 months or so. Love the gas mileage . Love that it has quick response for speed if needed."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fast, good traction, Bose audio is great"

Cons: "Rear seat is unusable"

Great looking car!

"This car was expensive ($30K) but it has every available option or feature. The engine is powerful, the handling is decent for FWD and the insurance is reasonable compared to a similarly equipped RWD car like the Infiniti G35 coupe. In 105K miles, I have only bought 1 battery and 1 set of tires and brakes. I have had zero unscheduled maintenance. The car has held up well and I am very satisfied with it."

Great looking car!

An excellent car - good value and mileage.

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent driveability, good mileage, good looking"

Cons: "Could use a smidge more HP for faster acceleration"

"This car holds the road beautifully when driving at speed on freeways over mountains. Comfortable and easy to handle."

Fun to drive, Super reliable

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"I have had my Altima 2.5 s for 5 years now and I have never had to do anything but basic maintenance. After 5 years I just now had to change out my original factory battery. The cost of owning this car has been shockingly low. Very comfortable interior and very roomy. I am 6'6 and 350 lbs and I have plenty of room. Fast and fun to drive. I have driven faster cars but for a sedan with great mpg this one is surprisingly fast. Also great handling and turning radius. I am now looking at new cars because I want new features, (bluetooth, back up camera, ext..), but I can honestly say I still love this car!"

Strong 2.5 Motor, Strong Value

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Very Strong and quiet Engine, Very Fuel Efficient"

Cons: "Wish it was leather for its high class"

"+ Sporty 2.5 Engine + Quieter then its rival competitors on Road and when Idle + Great Gas Millage 28 City / 34.5 HWY (70MPH) + Comfortable and Roomy interior and Large Truck + Larger Fuel Tank then other sedans + Very Quick Acceleration and Option to Switch to Sport manual Shifting + Very Dependable Car + You cant go wrong with Altima/Accord/Camry they are all Japanese built only difference in your preference + This car is like Cash in your pocket, you can sell it anytime you like"

9 Years of trouble free ownership...GO NISSAN!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "COMFORTABLE, RELIABLE, SPORTY HANDLING"

Cons: "Cheap interior plastic"

"Mine is a 2003 2.5S...bought it as leftover in 2004. Best car hands down. I own 2011F-150 for towing horses, but this is my fuel saver. I love this car. Extremely reliable. No trouble, never left me stranded, stuck, upset. Great gas mile. Good power from 2.5, handles very well and rides decent. Lots of interior space, and best seats of any midsizer. Interior a little cheap (plastic bits) But overall awesome 9 years of ownership. So reliable that Nissan gave me back money I purchased for extended warranty wen new, never used it. Great job!!"

A step above the competition!

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima Couple brand new off the lot in '08. When shopping for a vehicle, I test drove many comparable vehicles such as the Accord coupe, mazda 6, Acura TL, and the Nissan Altime 4-door. Nothing compared to the Altima Coupe and it has been a great car. I have had absolutely no problems with the vehicle in the first two years. I am in sales, so I have to drive the vehicle for long distances sometimes and never once have I had a problem. I always get 29+ mpg and when I do any sort of highway traveling it is usually around 32 mpg. My wife has an accord and the altima has much more power, is more fun to drive, is more comfortable, and gets better gas mileage. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking in this market. It should be worth an extra 2-3K in all value aspects because of how much better the vehicle is overall when compared to others in it's class."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, April 27, 2007

"The lastest generation of the Altima has improved handling, styling and performance. This car is a major upgrade to the previous generation of the Altima. It is probably the best value in its class and the gas mileage has improved 5 mpg over my 2005 Altima. The interior is vastly improved from last year's model and is a pleasure to drive. The suspension seems more secure and the steering is more response. I really like the keyless start and the CVT. It is a great vehicle and I would recommend to anyone."

Mid size sedan with comfort, plenty of room

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

"This car has plenty of room, comfy for trips and good driving dynamics in general. Even with the 4 cylinder it has decent power but the 3.5 V6 model is fun."

Best vehicle

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, great mileage, smooth to drive"

"This is my second car in Nissan family and love it. I can go to long drive without any issue. I drove continuous 6 hrs to reach Disney land with family. The journey was superb mechanically and comfortably."

great carfor the price

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Great car for the money.Engine very responsive.Heater for drivers legs could use better air flow.Gas mileage is great.average on a trip between 30 and 36 miles per gallon.I definitely would purchase another Atima."

Nissan Altima is the Best in its Class

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive andvery comfortable on long trips!"

Cons: "Nissan should use blue dash lights like the Civic"

"I drove 10+ cars before I bought my Nissan Altima. I have owned Cads, BMW's, VWs,Toyotas, and more. The Nissan Altima was just as comfortable as the Cad to drive, handled like the BMW was low priced like a Chevy, and was just as reliable as the Honda or Toyota. Plus it had great H/P. THE NISSAN ALSO KEPT ITS RESALE PRICE as good as my old Benz. A truly great car! I'm now looking for new 2014 Altima!"

Very Impressed!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cons: "USB isn't compatible for the XM on smartphone"

"I traded in my 2009 Chevy Silverado and my wife's Lexus to buy this brand new with 2 miles on it. The reason was because I would be commutting for a job 2.5 hours one way, this was 5 hours a day in this car. 6 months later with 32,000 miles on it we ended up moving. After spending all this time in the car I would give thumbs up for the interior, I am 5'11 inches about 220. The setup of the car is great on the inside, more then enough power, and great in the snow. My only complaint is the USB cord doesn't play my SIRIUS/XM from my smartphone. The only thing I had to replace was the tires cause I drove them off of it. To this day I am impressed by this car, this is our second Altima. Highly recommended to buy, in fact I have recommended to friends!"

one $200.00 repair so far @ 38,000 miles...

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "gas milage, lack of repairs"

Cons: "brakes, suspension, interior assembly"

"brakes are average, ride is tight, doesn't cushion bumps well, gas milage better then advertised, quality of workmanship was fair to poor. hope the car gives me 200,000 trouble free miles...my goal. 62,000 miles to date."

Really great family vehicle.

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "great price and excellent ride."

Cons: "car tends to be low to the ground"

"I bought this vehicle to replace an aging American car. So, far I love this vehicle. I've gotten better than expected gas mileage especially on the highway. The EPA rates this at 32 mpg for highway. I'm getting 37. And with a 20 gallon fuel tank, this car can go a long ways on a tank. Only complaint is that it tends to be low to the ground. Around here in Utah, with some streets having water channels at the end of driveways, my car ends up scraping a few times if I'm backing out of a steep one. I often have to angle it to avoid scuffing my tailpipes. Other than that, I'm going to drive this one for a while longer until there's incentives on the 2013 redesigned Altima."

Still an awesome car!!! 3.5 SE

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Everything,very fun to drive and sporty looking !"

Cons: "Can't think of one!!"

"Coming up on 30000 miles still drives like the day I bought it,just replaced the Orig tires with a better brand and wow the car went from being on the noisy side to a quiet ride always smooth though I guess the tire brands due make a difference.The gas mileage is still 30 hwy and 25 city which is very good for a V6. I have not one complaint about this car so far I highly recommend it!! Very powerful car!!"