2009 Nissan Altima

Based on 1046 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have the 07 and must admit- I have received alot of compliments. The car is beautiful to the eye but I have to say I am not completely satisfied. Not much get up and go, the cup holder has a few issues, the gas mileage is not up to par, and I have encountered one recall which was corrected but I have had engine noise since it was corrected. If I had to do it all over again I would have probably invested in another car or invested in the V6 if it were another Nissan."

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."

Literally saved my life, such a safe car!

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "SAFE, comfortable, roomy, good on gas"

Cons: "Can't think of any big ones."

"Okay let me just put this out here, I was OBSESSED with this car when I had it! I owned it for about 2 years. It drove so nice, was comfortable, and looked nice. So good on gas too. I drove all the time and only had to fill up every other week. The stock sound system was great in my opinion especially for only being stock! Everyone was always commenting about how my car "bumps". Well anyways I hit a tree head on the other day, and my car handled it like a champ. If I was in any other car I probably easily could have died, but the safety features on this car were amazing. Since it got wrecked I am now looking for another car, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got another Altima!"

Boring.

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable. Very capable transportation."

Cons: "Loosey-goosey handling. No fun to drive."

"My Altima is a very good car. It is roomy and comfortable. It has enough extras that I feel like I'm being pampered. Unfortunately, it just does not measure up to my Honda. I have previously owned two Honda accords. I don't know what possessed me to buy the Nissan. My Hondas have felt tighter and more precise than the Altima."

First car and still love it after 3 years.

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Performance, Quality, Design"

Cons: "No A/C vents for the back for S model."

Mine.

"I bought a silver S at the time and fell in love with the looks, value and price. It looks great inside and out. Standard features are excellent for what you get. Very good acceleration, handling, and technology. Even in the S model, quality materials are built within the car. I feel comfortable, safe, and overall impressed after 3 years of owning it. I have no problems with it all. My only complaint is I wish they added air vents for the back seats somewhere but that's minimal. Beats the Accord and Camry by far."

Mine.

Expanding Visor

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "The cup holders are key sometimes. Perfect."

"It's too bad the newer model has a visor that doesn't expand. I'm holding onto my 2008 forever. It's all about the expanding visor. I use it every morning as I drive to work, with the sun rising in the east."

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great value, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "road/wind noise, turn radius, rear passenger room"

"I am a 3 time Nissan Altima owner (2003, 2010, and 2012). I love these cars. They are well built, reliable, and stylish. Good handling and acceleration. They also hold their value well. My only complaints are poor turn radius, fairly loud road/wind noise in the vehicle, minimal rear passenger led room."

Not the best (or the worst)

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great resale value."

Cons: "Handling, head restraints, brake effort."

"Handling of this vehicle is the low point. Steering is quirky, as the vehicle does not only dislike tracking straight on the highway, any lane deviation is quickly exaggerated and will require constant correction. In turns, the car first under-steers, then abruptly reacts as the steering wheel is further turned. The brakes stop the vehicle well - as long as you remember to press lightly, lest your passengers nose dive into the dash. The pedals also seen a bit too close the each other, as my big feet tend to catch the brake pedal edge as I move my foot from the gas. Fit and finish are good and have held up well over the past 2.5 years. No major mechanical problems. Head restrains are too close the the driver's/passenger's head and caused me frequent neck aches unless I found the single recline setting that would balance me "just so". The 2012 model handles the same as my 2011. The 2013 model uses sensors to correct the tracking problem, but though the steering wheel now remains more stationary, you can feel the sensors doing what used to be manually required correction. The brakes are also improved over previous model years, but I would not buy this car again, as there are too many better handling options available."

Love it love it!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"I love this car so much! Great gas mileage, great air conditioning (which is VERY important for living in Arizona!). The stock sound system is way better than compatible models. I've been in a Honda Accord, same year, and the speakers in my Altima are so much better! It handles perfectly."

Most reliable car I've owned

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Price, value, included amenities, reliability, CVT"

Cons: "Noisy when accelerating at low speeds."

2007 Altima

"I can't say enough good things about this car. I bought it new in 2007 and have never once been stranded anywhere or had to have any major mechanical repairs done. For the price and included amenities it's hard to beat. The trunk space is by far leaps and bounds above the competition. The suspension is above par and at 68k miles still feels like new. I will definitely be buying another Nissan after this based on my experience with the Altima."

2007 Altima