2009 Nissan Altima

Based on 1053 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Nissan Altima is the Best in its Class

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive andvery comfortable on long trips!"

Cons: "Nissan should use blue dash lights like the Civic"

"I drove 10+ cars before I bought my Nissan Altima. I have owned Cads, BMW's, VWs,Toyotas, and more. The Nissan Altima was just as comfortable as the Cad to drive, handled like the BMW was low priced like a Chevy, and was just as reliable as the Honda or Toyota. Plus it had great H/P. THE NISSAN ALSO KEPT ITS RESALE PRICE as good as my old Benz. A truly great car! I'm now looking for new 2014 Altima!"

Very Impressed!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cons: "USB isn't compatible for the XM on smartphone"

"I traded in my 2009 Chevy Silverado and my wife's Lexus to buy this brand new with 2 miles on it. The reason was because I would be commutting for a job 2.5 hours one way, this was 5 hours a day in this car. 6 months later with 32,000 miles on it we ended up moving. After spending all this time in the car I would give thumbs up for the interior, I am 5'11 inches about 220. The setup of the car is great on the inside, more then enough power, and great in the snow. My only complaint is the USB cord doesn't play my SIRIUS/XM from my smartphone. The only thing I had to replace was the tires cause I drove them off of it. To this day I am impressed by this car, this is our second Altima. Highly recommended to buy, in fact I have recommended to friends!"

one $200.00 repair so far @ 38,000 miles...

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "gas milage, lack of repairs"

Cons: "brakes, suspension, interior assembly"

"brakes are average, ride is tight, doesn't cushion bumps well, gas milage better then advertised, quality of workmanship was fair to poor. hope the car gives me 200,000 trouble free miles...my goal. 62,000 miles to date."

Really great family vehicle.

By on Friday, May 4, 2012

Pros: "great price and excellent ride."

Cons: "car tends to be low to the ground"

"I bought this vehicle to replace an aging American car. So, far I love this vehicle. I've gotten better than expected gas mileage especially on the highway. The EPA rates this at 32 mpg for highway. I'm getting 37. And with a 20 gallon fuel tank, this car can go a long ways on a tank. Only complaint is that it tends to be low to the ground. Around here in Utah, with some streets having water channels at the end of driveways, my car ends up scraping a few times if I'm backing out of a steep one. I often have to angle it to avoid scuffing my tailpipes. Other than that, I'm going to drive this one for a while longer until there's incentives on the 2013 redesigned Altima."

Still an awesome car!!! 3.5 SE

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Everything,very fun to drive and sporty looking !"

Cons: "Can't think of one!!"

"Coming up on 30000 miles still drives like the day I bought it,just replaced the Orig tires with a better brand and wow the car went from being on the noisy side to a quiet ride always smooth though I guess the tire brands due make a difference.The gas mileage is still 30 hwy and 25 city which is very good for a V6. I have not one complaint about this car so far I highly recommend it!! Very powerful car!!"

Great vehicle!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great comfort and speed!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I am not a car person at all, however a few years ago I had to downsize due to fuel expense. And this car has not let me down - the power is awesome! It is great for long distance travel - very comfortable. Stereo system is great and love the leather heated seats in the cold weather. And there is great leg room in the rear. I have not had to do anything to this car except put tires and a battery in it!"

Excellent Quality Vehicle overall

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, good looks."

Cons: "OEM tires are ok at best, options can get pricey."

Picking up my new car!

"I traded my 2009 Altima sedan 2.5S (drove 53,000 miles in 18 months) for the 2012 2.5S Special Edition. Driving 120 miles round trip to work puts a huge toll on a vehicle, especially year round in the Northeast (Philladelphia to be exact), the roads are terrible, snow, sleat, freezing rain in the winter and of course... the heat and humidity summer carries with it. This car performed flawlessly all the time, every time. The 2012 Altima is not much different, cosmetically the front has a more aggressive look to it, add a rear wing and the aluminum wheels for the special edition package , and it has a slightly different look. Mechanically the 2.5 liter engine with the cvt operate the same, good power when passing on the highway and pulling hills, and great engine braking when going down a steep hill. The suspention feels a bit more responsive and tighter when driving on winding back roads, and slightly more confident feel on the highway. The steering wheel has great road feedback, however the brakes seem grabby (for lack of a better general term) when first used until you get the (feel for them). The interior has a very good "fit and finish" no squeeks or rattles, even while driving on the high quality roads of Pennsylvania (pothole central). Fuel milage will vary with driving habits, personaly I averaged 23 to 27 mpg city and 26 to 35 mpg on the highway depending on the correspondence email from my divorce attorney that day. The only part of this vehicle I would change is the tires, The original equipment tires (Continentals) make the ride and handling feel sluggish when replaced with a better (performance all season tire). I had my tires replaced (250 miles on the odometer on the 2012 Altima) with General HP Altimax V speed rated tires, it felt like a totally different vehicle. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with this car."

Picking up my new car!

Not that happy

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I thought that I was buying a great reliable car, that would last me the 5years of the loan. Well I was wrong. I think I bought a lemon. Well in one year of having a brand new car, the car died on me twice. The battery and security issue, in which the car wont even turn on. And the rotors already went on the car. And it needs a new exhaust. For a brand new car, this shouldn't happen. I cant say that it is that reliable cause now I cant get to work. I dont think I will ever buy a Nissan again or recommend it to anyone."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have the 07 and must admit- I have received alot of compliments. The car is beautiful to the eye but I have to say I am not completely satisfied. Not much get up and go, the cup holder has a few issues, the gas mileage is not up to par, and I have encountered one recall which was corrected but I have had engine noise since it was corrected. If I had to do it all over again I would have probably invested in another car or invested in the V6 if it were another Nissan."

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."