2009 Nissan Altima

Based on 968 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Lights burn out on interior quite often"

"I've had the 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR for over 3.5 years and have never had any issues mechanically. It still drives about as well as when I purchased it back in Nov 2010. Great car!"

I got with 11 miles now at 61K still running great

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "It dont like the heat."

"I got with 11 miles now at 61K still running great, Less Las Vegas HEAT. My car DONT like 103 degrees or more, which is my only complaint. Completed all maintainance on time and have never had any serious problems other than heat related!! I guess I need to expand on the heat statement a little: this happened about 3~4 times in the 7 years that I have owned this car, over 103 degrees it operates as if it were governed, it is just very sluggish, you would almost think it was bad gas or a dirty gas filter. The engine will loose RPM's and the transmission will just slow down, it even died on me one time (However it started right back up and off we went). I do have 1 door ding now but it is still in perfect shape."

smooth, good on gas, new brakes, estras

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "sun roof, spoiler, navy blue, built to last"

Cons: "very light scratches"

"great car, has it all, navigation system, low mileage, extras and looks good and runs fast and great"

good car for the money

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"the seats are no good on long trips"

Excellent commuter car!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great little sports coupe!! Fast n cool..."

Cons: "TPMS had to replace many times...on all wheels"

"I own the Altima 3.5SE. It's Fast, comfy, and most of all very reliable car and gets good gas milage around 23or 24 combined MPG.Got a 140,000 miles on this one so far and climbing every day as my comute is over 100 miles per day! One of the best v6 engines on the market. this car is just starting to break in. These cars hold there value well also. I've owned alot of Nissans since the 1980S and the Altima is the biggest bang for the buck..."

Fun vehicle, but not roomy enough with company

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "fun, good gas mileage, low maintenance"

Cons: "Room"

"I do like the vehicle, however the only reason I would like another car is that it is not convenient or roomy enough for company."

No rust through 5 winters.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride for non luxury vehicle"

Cons: "Sensitive brake and gas pedal but u get used to it"

"2.5 SL. Only a few issues so far. The automatic up/down window operation is beginning to not work. Changes weekly how the windows will work but they have never not worked at all. Tire pressure sensor does not work, stays on no matter what the tire pressure is. One tail light defective in first five years. The Nissan certified all-weather driver's mat has two holes from getting in and out of the car. Had to replace battery after 5 years which is normal. Sensor for the evap leak came on once for the gas tank cover. Placed a very thin layer of petroleum jelly on the rubber seal of cover and it has not been a problem for 1.5 years since. Easy to change the engine oil and filter yourself, although the filter is a little messy when taking it off. No issues with key fob, the batteries last approx. 2 years. No leak in sun roof. Very satisfied!"

this is my second altima-would like to go for 3.

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "good on gas good pickup"

"a good experience-really like the Altima-they drive really good and value is good to trade in and get another one. service has been really good through the years-would recommend this car."

Uncomfortable

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

"Spending hours commuting in this car is extremely uncomfortable. The headrest forces your head to crouch forward. The seat haunches your shoulders forward. Overall, the driver's seat is the opposite of ergonomical. Not a smooth transition when gears shift."

Great on the highway, but a bland car period

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: Lease

Pros: "Quiet, decent fuel mileage, space and interior"

Cons: "CVT transmission and engine refinement"

"I leased my Altima in 2011 new as a leftover 2010 model. I was looking for an inexpensive vehicle to lease and the local Nissan dealer had six cars identical to mine that had sat too long, nearly a year on the lot. It had only the basic S trim level options and no power seat. As such, they were offering a Sign and Drive deal outside the national lease campaign. No money down and well under my budget? Sign me up. The biggest issue with this car for me is the CVT or continuously variable transmission. If you've ever driven a snowmobile, golf cart or ridden a scooter, you're familiar with how it works (mostly). No gears, no shifting, it just changes the ratio as it needs for optimum efficiency and power. On the highway is where this car works best or in the flatlands. At 65mph, the engine is barely above 1700 rpm, low for a four cylinder car. This contributes to quietness and good fuel mileage. I rarely traveled this speed, but even at 80mph, the engine is only about 2200 rpm. Still quiet, but only about 27 mpg average. But if you travel slowly, on cruise and in flat terrain, 30 mpg isn't a stretch. With the giant 20 gallon fuel tank, 500 miles is possible. My best was 500 with two gallons left. This car is quiet though, very little road or wind noise. It's a great highway car as I've stated But in the hills of western PA where I live and especially around town, the CVT gets indecisive and the engine in this car is not smooth or refined above 3000 rpm. It's downright obnoxious above 4500 rpm. I don't abuse my cars, but I do work them to their potential and this car is totally unrefined when the engine is "working hard" The CVT sometimes feels like a giant rubber-band around town. The car that's great on the highway feels sluggish and unrefined in the hills. I drove it a lot in flat Ohio and it's better, but still loses a lot of refinement The interior is comfortable, the seats were decent for my 5'10" short leg/long arms body and my commute of 2+ hours on the highway. The stereo was pretty good for a basic audio system, the A/C and heat are excellent and again, the car is very quiet until the engine has to "work". Handling is good, much like a Honda Accord, but just not as agile or fun. Ride is the same, much smoother and softer than an Accord, but not as bad as a Camry. Lots of room inside and in the trunk. This car, minus the CVT or adding the V6, would be so much better. If you don't demand a lot of the car, it's not bad. I'd buy one of these (with a V6) over a Camry, Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata, but not an Accord. But if you want a bit of fun with your midsize sedan, get this with the V6 or look elsewhere."