2008 Nissan Altima

Based on 973 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Lights burn out on interior quite often"

"I've had the 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR for over 3.5 years and have never had any issues mechanically. It still drives about as well as when I purchased it back in Nov 2010. Great car!"

I got with 11 miles now at 61K still running great

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "It dont like the heat."

"I got with 11 miles now at 61K still running great, Less Las Vegas HEAT. My car DONT like 103 degrees or more, which is my only complaint. Completed all maintainance on time and have never had any serious problems other than heat related!! I guess I need to expand on the heat statement a little: this happened about 3~4 times in the 7 years that I have owned this car, over 103 degrees it operates as if it were governed, it is just very sluggish, you would almost think it was bad gas or a dirty gas filter. The engine will loose RPM's and the transmission will just slow down, it even died on me one time (However it started right back up and off we went). I do have 1 door ding now but it is still in perfect shape."

smooth, good on gas, new brakes, estras

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "sun roof, spoiler, navy blue, built to last"

Cons: "very light scratches"

"great car, has it all, navigation system, low mileage, extras and looks good and runs fast and great"

good car for the money

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"the seats are no good on long trips"

Excellent commuter car!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great little sports coupe!! Fast n cool..."

Cons: "TPMS had to replace many times...on all wheels"

"I own the Altima 3.5SE. It's Fast, comfy, and most of all very reliable car and gets good gas milage around 23or 24 combined MPG.Got a 140,000 miles on this one so far and climbing every day as my comute is over 100 miles per day! One of the best v6 engines on the market. this car is just starting to break in. These cars hold there value well also. I've owned alot of Nissans since the 1980S and the Altima is the biggest bang for the buck..."

Fun vehicle, but not roomy enough with company

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "fun, good gas mileage, low maintenance"

Cons: "Room"

"I do like the vehicle, however the only reason I would like another car is that it is not convenient or roomy enough for company."

No rust through 5 winters.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride for non luxury vehicle"

Cons: "Sensitive brake and gas pedal but u get used to it"

"2.5 SL. Only a few issues so far. The automatic up/down window operation is beginning to not work. Changes weekly how the windows will work but they have never not worked at all. Tire pressure sensor does not work, stays on no matter what the tire pressure is. One tail light defective in first five years. The Nissan certified all-weather driver's mat has two holes from getting in and out of the car. Had to replace battery after 5 years which is normal. Sensor for the evap leak came on once for the gas tank cover. Placed a very thin layer of petroleum jelly on the rubber seal of cover and it has not been a problem for 1.5 years since. Easy to change the engine oil and filter yourself, although the filter is a little messy when taking it off. No issues with key fob, the batteries last approx. 2 years. No leak in sun roof. Very satisfied!"

this is my second altima-would like to go for 3.

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "good on gas good pickup"

"a good experience-really like the Altima-they drive really good and value is good to trade in and get another one. service has been really good through the years-would recommend this car."

Uncomfortable

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

"Spending hours commuting in this car is extremely uncomfortable. The headrest forces your head to crouch forward. The seat haunches your shoulders forward. Overall, the driver's seat is the opposite of ergonomical. Not a smooth transition when gears shift."

Great on the highway, but a bland car period

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: Lease

Pros: "Quiet, decent fuel mileage, space and interior"

Cons: "CVT transmission and engine refinement"

"I leased my Altima in 2011 new as a leftover 2010 model. I was looking for an inexpensive vehicle to lease and the local Nissan dealer had six cars identical to mine that had sat too long, nearly a year on the lot. It had only the basic S trim level options and no power seat. As such, they were offering a Sign and Drive deal outside the national lease campaign. No money down and well under my budget? Sign me up. The biggest issue with this car for me is the CVT or continuously variable transmission. If you've ever driven a snowmobile, golf cart or ridden a scooter, you're familiar with how it works (mostly). No gears, no shifting, it just changes the ratio as it needs for optimum efficiency and power. On the highway is where this car works best or in the flatlands. At 65mph, the engine is barely above 1700 rpm, low for a four cylinder car. This contributes to quietness and good fuel mileage. I rarely traveled this speed, but even at 80mph, the engine is only about 2200 rpm. Still quiet, but only about 27 mpg average. But if you travel slowly, on cruise and in flat terrain, 30 mpg isn't a stretch. With the giant 20 gallon fuel tank, 500 miles is possible. My best was 500 with two gallons left. This car is quiet though, very little road or wind noise. It's a great highway car as I've stated But in the hills of western PA where I live and especially around town, the CVT gets indecisive and the engine in this car is not smooth or refined above 3000 rpm. It's downright obnoxious above 4500 rpm. I don't abuse my cars, but I do work them to their potential and this car is totally unrefined when the engine is "working hard" The CVT sometimes feels like a giant rubber-band around town. The car that's great on the highway feels sluggish and unrefined in the hills. I drove it a lot in flat Ohio and it's better, but still loses a lot of refinement The interior is comfortable, the seats were decent for my 5'10" short leg/long arms body and my commute of 2+ hours on the highway. The stereo was pretty good for a basic audio system, the A/C and heat are excellent and again, the car is very quiet until the engine has to "work". Handling is good, much like a Honda Accord, but just not as agile or fun. Ride is the same, much smoother and softer than an Accord, but not as bad as a Camry. Lots of room inside and in the trunk. This car, minus the CVT or adding the V6, would be so much better. If you don't demand a lot of the car, it's not bad. I'd buy one of these (with a V6) over a Camry, Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata, but not an Accord. But if you want a bit of fun with your midsize sedan, get this with the V6 or look elsewhere."

Nice ride.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun ride."

"Just has been performing better than my 2011 Toyota Camry.Better cost value than my past three Toyota Camry's. Overall performance as good as my 2003, 2007 Camry. Just an all around pleasure to drive"

Very happy with this automobile...

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Best vehicle I've owned..."

"Bought this vehicle brand new. I'm a 56 year old male. Wife is the main driver of this vehicle. Has been very reliable and fun to drive. Fuel mileage has been respectable sine it is driven a lot both city and highway. For a midsize it gets great MPG. Have had NO problems with this vehicle since brand new. Typical maintenance has keep it running in top notch performance."

one of the best cars i have ever owned

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "power comfort style"

Cons: "price"

"power style comfort reliability.....really good car!"

2010 2.5 SL

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, ride, CVT, performance, reliability"

Cons: "I have been lucky, none!"

"Bought the car new 3.5 years ago. Zero, Zip problems. Love the looks, CVT, ride and fuel economy. Have driven the car from the SF Bay Area to Reno several times and it is the only car I have ever had that could be set on cruise control at 70 MPH and run right up to the summit on I80 without having to take it off cruise control. No shifting or over reving the engine! I also drove the car over 4,000 miles on interstate highways on a trip to the Midwest. Set the cruise on 80 for nearly all the trip, again no problems. Just steer and enjoy the ride. Road and wind noise are not perfect, but very reasonable for a car in this price range. Auto climate control works very well. BOSE radio system is great, especially when used with an IPod, which is controlled via the radio. Brakes may have been a problem on earlier models, mine have worked great, no noise and smooth stops from any speed. The car has been rattle free since new. Fuel economy is 32 or better on pure highway driving and 24 to 26 in mixed town/highway. I would buy the 2010 2.5 SL model again for sure. I have owned many cars and many brands. I had an Infiniti 2000 model I30 before this car. it was great, but really no better that this Altima considering it cost over $8,000 more 10 years earlier! The Altima is a lot of car for the money!"

Could Have Been Better

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride"

Cons: "Poor rear room, small trunk, too heavy"

"Got the car and it seemed like a winner. It won me over with its get up and go on the freeway test drive, I got it on an impulse sad to say I should have reviewed it more for the money I got ripped off badly in my opinion $22k and has the base package equipment. The engine is underpowered for its bulk and its sluggish if you are cruising and suddenly ask for more or if you're at the light and need to move in a hurry there is a huge lag in response. Steering feedback is decent you have some idea as to the road surface you're driving on. An icy feature which makes no sense in having it since there is no limited slip differential like the V6 model. All in all save your money and get the V6. If not go out and pick up a used G35 with all the trimmings and save the $6K to pick up any maintenance tabs you run up on the G35. Poor man's G35, yeah right go buy a G35 or test drive both you'll buy the G35......."

Fantastic fuel economy and comfort with style!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfort, power, interior appointments"

Cons: "No HID headlight option"

"I have owned this car over a year and a half - I consistently get fuel economy in the 34-39MPG range,a nd it has fit my needs percectly! It is so much easier to fit a car seat in or pack for a trip compared to my friend's Prius, and has the power of a V6 with better economy than any 4 cylinder I've driven! The ride is comfortable, and it handled a northern Vermont winter like an absolute champ!"

Total package!

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Sporty look, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

"I bought this vehicle to replace my Infiniti FX 35 to save on gas, due to my hour long commute to work 5 days a week. I wanted something smaller and sporty looking but that also had good gas mileage. The Nissan Altima coupe is very fun to drive and does have great gas mileage, I can drive 550+ miles on one tank of gas! I also love the way it looks, mine has the spoiler on the trunk. I bought this vehicle used, and it is fairly basic compared to my Infiniti, but the gas mileage and exterior appearance were the most important to me. I put new wheels on the Infiniti and gave it to my husband, so I still have the utility of that vehicle also!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Fairly uncommon car, super reliable"

Cons: "Tire pressure light is always on"

"This was my first Nissan (former Honda Civic owner and fan). Bought it mostly for the look - super pleased with the reliability!"

very bad experience--will never get a nissan!!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Cons: "push button start--hub caps--no rims"

"terrible/ horrible on push button start--etc. ill stick w/ honda and toyota"

Very Nice Car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"All engine fluids have been changed, inculding Trans. Has New Brakes and Michalin tires"

Very Nice Car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

I used to buy my wife a new honda every other year

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"This Altima blows away any Honda we ever owned"

Best car

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "seat too hard & long for someone with short legs"

"This is the only car I have ever owned that I still like 4 years later! I usually want something different within the first year. It has a comfortable ride, excellent horse power. Something I never would have thought of as a "perk" is it has a lot of drink holders. My friends car doesn't and it actually makes a difference. My only negative to this car is that I find the drivers seat uncomfortable but then I have short legs. Other than wishing the seat was softer and didn't hit the back of my knees...this car rocks!"

Best car on the road!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "CVT Trans"

"Great car"

Excellant ride, great value, Family type care, saf

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, great family car, good value"

Cons: "Needs to be a little more sporty in design and dri"

"safe, reliable and comfortable"