2008 Nissan Altima

Based on 995 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "So very reliable and easy to drive, lots of room"

"Fits my needs perfectly."

Great car bought new as my first dream car when 17

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, beautiful, controls, engine,"

Cons: "CVT, backseat room, no VDC on 2.5s"

"I wrote a review a while back about my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL this is the best car I have ever owned. Halloween got the 100,000 mile schedule maintenance the dealer changed spark plugs and got back rear wheel bearing replaced noticed the car sounding like a motorcycle taking off thought exhaust/catalytic converter needed an replacement which have extended warranty got all repairs fixed cheaper which were minor things had done on my car nothing major. The CVT does have issues back in May when at drug store my service engine light came on took to dealer said I needed an transmission but Nissan paid the cost so got a free repair. Still a comfortable vehicle it rides and handles awesome look like brand new when first bought it has all the bells and whistles. 4 cylinder engine is powerful purrs every time taking off under acceleration gets 30 mpg city/highway this car goes all across southern states of LA and MS without no problems a very flawless car. I wouldn't sell or get rid of this car a dependable car only backseat is little small but otherwise it's a gorgeous luxurious car being sporty though it's the SL Luxury oriented model like these Altima's from 2007-2012 better than newer Altima. Altima is equipped with top of the line features has navigation, bluetooth, rearview camera, moon roof, push button ignition start, and more. Intelligent key comes handy no fumbling or reaching in my pocket loving the safety features this car have. I am planning driving this car 200,000-250,000 miles doing nothing but well maintain my Altima as take care proper maintenance it would last me a long time changing fluids and tire rotation. These are great cars think that the Altima's from 2007-2012 are the best ever built to last Nissan did an excellent in 1st Award of Excellence 2007 making a excellent quality car."

solid dependable and affordable

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "value for the price"

Cons: "needs more movment in the drivers lumbar support"

"this is about the 9th nissan our family has owned and its as reliable as the others and built very well. great value for the price point , did not get navigation, i have that in my phone. gas mileage runs about 33-34 highway if you stay around 73mph. in town is about 19 mpg. i will most likely purchase a new one when this one wears out."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "great control, confident on the turns, Awesome CVT"

Cons: "blind spot, you have to adjust the mirror right"

"The design of the car centered on the driver. The control is awesome, turning as if on track. The CVT is so smooth that you do not notice the change of gears. The sound quality is great. I always enjoy the music from the premium sound. The key less feature is so convenient and will not allow key be locked inside."

Pretty cool even though.....

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "like it"

Cons: "so far none"

"Its a nice car even though I am barely 4'9". I am very short but yet this car is nice to drive, carry passengers and some cargo like a wheel chair or walker. The V6 makes it feel sporty but the issue with the car for me is that I had to give up my money to my brother so he can buy himself one even though this car was a gift to him. I was going to trade it in but I am reconsidering of just keeping it for at least 6 years. Its my first car, even though it was a hand down in mint condition (inside) from my brother to me. Now that I have it, I am taking care of it and now I have it so clean that my brother is regretting getting a new car."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive comfortable"

Cons: "Needs transmission"

"The car runs great drives nice and is extremely comfortable but needs a new transmission. It's great on gas getting about 25 miles to the gallon"

My 2010 Altima SL is an awesome sedan!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and reliable; fun to drive sedan"

"I have owned my 2010 Altima SL for 5 years and have had NO problems whatsoever. It is fun to drive (great pick-up) and very comfortable - even for my 6'3" 200 lb. husband. I recently had a 100k mile check-up, and the only things the mechanic did were to replace the spark plugs and a serpentine belt, and check everything out. He reported that it was in GREAT condition. I actually had to ask friends for a recommendation for a good mechanic because I have never needed one since owning this vehicle. I recently moved to a slightly rural area, and find that I need a vehicle capable of transporting various items that will not fit in the trunk (even though my Altima has a very good-sized one). I am now interested in purchasing a mid-size SUV."

great reliable car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"The 2007 Altima 2.5 SL is a great car for the money. It is one of the most reliable vehicles on the market. With the exceptional interior quality and plenty of power (for a 4-cylinder) I would not hesitate to buy this vehhicle again."

very reliable, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cons: "blind spot"

"only negative in 7 yrs. of ownership is a blind spot on drivers side. brakes lasted over 70000 miles."

Solid midsize sedan

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, sharp handling, fuel efficient"

Cons: "Rear head room, trunk hinges (very minor pt)"

"Just turned 5 yrs with my 2010 2.5SL. Not a single mechanical problem. Zero. Quiet, comfortable ride and SL (leather) package gives more upscale feel than rental-car trim of base car. Bose stereo is decent. Handling is quick for a family sedan. Fold-down rear seat very handy for hauling my bike & gear to rides and events. Real world MPG's (US gal)- 26-28 city/suburbs and 34 hwy (at low 70's mph) Really has been a great car. Recently spent 2+wks with a relative's new Accord EX-L (4cy, leather) and still prefer my '10 Altima. Honda's seats were not as supportive, handling not quite as sharp, and inferior stereo. Only advantage of the Accord was more rear seat headroom for tall (6ft) adults. My only other 2 nitpicks about the Altima are no height-adjust on passenger front seat (but no other non-lux midsize has this either) and the piano-hinges on the trunk lid can squeeze big items in the trunk."