2007 Nissan Altima

Based on 1053 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best road trip car...Still in love after 4 years!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Easy driving, safe, great gas mileage"

"This Altima has been the ultimate driving experience. Perfect size, top-rated child-safety, CVT technology, push button start, remote access, 30+ actual mpg, storage galore. These features and countless others make the smooth and ever-reliable ride my standard. I will own this car until my toddler inherits it. Nothing better is out there for value, reliability, safety, and luxury."

Best purchase ever

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Nissan Altima 2012 2.5 S - Charcoal Gray

"I have dreamed of owning a Nissan Altima for allot of years but never wanted to have a car payment as long as my other car (Honda Accord SE) with 208,000 miles was still running. But as the years past and I knew it was time to make a purchase I knew that I wanted to research the Nissan Altima to make sure that the car was as reliable as it looked. After researching and reading up on the 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, I decided to make my purchase this past Feb 2013. I love the car and how it handles and performs. Technology has come a long ways since my 2002 past car. Do your research and read with others have to say about this car but in the end I think you will be making the right decision if you decide to purchase this car. Mine is Charcoal in color on the outside and Black for the interior. Smooth ride with good gas mileage."

Nissan Altima 2012 2.5 S - Charcoal Gray

Good vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, leg room, body"

Cons: "Mpg mpg mpg, cvt"

"I like the car, bought whit 12000 mils, front brakes change at 38000 Oem tires very cheap. The gas millage is poor 18 city/23 Hwy :-("

Such a great, comfortable, quick car

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good fuel economy, luxurious details"

Cons: "Torque pull"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and I love it. It has a very smooth ride with great acceleration and I love the CVT! You can't feel it shift at all. The 270 HP is so useful when merging on the highway or passing. The only bad thing is that because it's FWD, there is a bit of torque pull if you hit the gas really hard. And there is a tendency, at times, to spin the wheels if you are taking off too fast (but I think this is problematic with all vehicles, including those with RWD). The interior is luxuriously finished and has withstood the test of time. The vehicle is five years old and mostly like new (there's a little wear on the leather from little feet, but that's to be expected). I love the keyless entry and ignition. When my hands are full with kids or groceries, I don't have to dig through my purse to find keys - just press a button on the outside and you're in. What a fantastic innovation. The only negative here is that the buttons on one of the fobs stopped working so the only way to open the door with that fob is to press the buttons on the car - and the fobs are incredibly expensive to replace. It's fine with me, though, because I just leave it in my purse pretty much all the time. I've driven the 4 cylinder version as well (my mom and a co-worker both have one) and it's got a great pickup, too. So if you're concerned about the extra price for the V6 or the fuel economy, definitely give the 4 cylinder a try. Pretty much, I love this car. It's just fantastic across the board. There's very little I would change. We're thinking of getting a new second car and I'm finding it hard to think of buying something else - I'm really used to all the little luxuries (auto up/down driver's side and passenger side windows, automatic sunroof, and automatic lights, and bluetooth!)."

Solid, reliable, efficient midsize

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, solid handling, fuel economy (4cyl), peppy"

Cons: "No pwr passenger seat, marginal rear headroom"

"Got loaded 2.5SL-all options except nav. Quiet, comfortable, great mpg (actual 27 city,34hwy). CVT sounds different at first but its very smooth"

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Price great for features!"

Cons: "Air in rear could be stronger."

"When I compared similar cars, the Altima offered more features for less money. I have owned it for nearly 4 years and have had no trouble. My next car will be another Altima!"

Great, reiable, fun car.

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun Drive, Plenty of Power, Comfy, Quiet, safe"

Cons: "Large Turn Radius, Small Trunk, Fragile Paint"

"I have owned this car for 3 years now and am very happy with it. It has great exterior styling, interior is very comfy and stylish. When I test drove the 2.5 I wasn't too impressed with the power and since I do a lot of highway driving I opted for the 3.5 which has quite a bit more pick up (the only down side is that they recommend premium gas for the 3.5 and yes, you do notice a difference in pick up as well as feeling a little vibration when idling). The CVT Transmission is pretty sick. Totally seamless shifting. Nissan also extended the warenty for all their CVT's to 11years 100,000miles so the worry of the expensive repair if they break is gone. The car is not the best in the snow but the traction control does a pretty good job of keeping things straight. The cabin is also very quiet both on the highway and in the city. The negatives I can think of are: - Turn radius is slightly smaller than a Mack Truck - Small trunk. If you haul anything this car is not for you. The trunk is just big enough to fit my hockey bag or two small walking golf bags and that's it. The seats do fold down if you need extra room but it can be a bit awkward getting stuff into the back through the front. - Paint is pretty fragile. If anything remotely sharp brushes against it, it will scratch. I don't know if this is limited to this car because I have freinds that complain about the same thing with other Nissans and even other car makes. - A lot of money for what you get. I read some reviews before I bought the car about this and they're very true. For just a couple thousand more you can get into a used Infinity G35 or G37 with a lot of standard amenities, better paint, better warenty, etc. However, from what I've experienced this is true for most Nissan cars. Hope this helps!"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Mileage and comfort"

Cons: "Blue tooth background noise"

"Bought this car new one year ago. I only have 5000 miles on it. It is a smooth riding car with great mileage. Very comfortable to drive with a great Bose stereo system. The blue tooth microphone picks up too much road noise. Otherwise no negative comments."

great drive

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I own a 2009 altima 2.5s bought it in September 2008. Great car for a first time Nissan drove all other sedans did not like them especially the Honda accord. Love the performance of the car the 2.5 is quick in manual mode could be improved in CVT mode but overall it is good. Gas mileage is as it says on the sticker some time I even get more. You get what I paid for in my way great car for it price love my altima."

2008 altima 3.5SE

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Great car for sports, but not for luxury. If you want luxury go for the 3.5SL. This model rides like a 2 door sports car on rough pavements, but like a luxury car on the interstate, even at 120mph. This is my second Altima and not much have changed since 2006. I really miss my 2006 because it was more fun to drive because the CVT transmission has removed a lot of the fun out of the ride. The upgrade was worth it because the push to start, CVT, and body style all are great features. The only downfall of this car is that the interior rattles like crazy and this has been a problem with my 2008 since the first week. At the end of the day, I still like my car, I just miss my 2006."

Door Locks

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Interesting most are reporting the same problems, breaks and such. Mine has all the same issues. My beef is that you can’t get into your car and lock the door. If you do all the doors unlock. You have to get in put your foot on the break and then lock the door. Which sounds silly but being a woman sometimes you want and need to get in and lock the door - in that order. Its great that you can’t lock your keys in your car but the other ramifications out weigh that ‘convenience’ in my opinion. The gas mileage is not as advertised in the city – not even close."

not practical

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"i own an 08 coupe 2.5 s cvt transmission. the car is beautiful and great on gas, however it is TERRIBLE in any kind of snow, so if you are a new englander stay away from this car unless you are planning to buy it as a toy. i purchased the convenience package, and the stock sound system is terrible, plastic pieces are coming off of the seats etc. i would not buy one again, and will definetly trade this car in within the next couple of years."

Much improved

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Bought a Altma 2003, great styling and performance, however the 2007 Altma is vastly improved, better ride, less road noise, better gas mileage (30mph) to mention a few improvements. Priced right."

Glad I have it

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. The leather seats are remarkable. It is roomy and I am a bigger gal! I have all the whistles on this car and I have to say that it looks classy, drives classy, and feels classy. My only complaint is the quality of the bluetooth and my dealer's failure to prioritize repairing it. It started out with thinking the microphone was not good as it would not correctly dial some numbers and it has continually been difficult for the receiving party to understand me although I hear them clearly. I don't mind paying for a good quality car but for the price that I paid for this car, I should be able to contact God on my bluetooth. And since this is sooo important to people??? The trunk is HUGE in this car and the stereo (BOSE) is definitely the best that I have ever experienced in a vehicle."

Amazing for $21k

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Have the 6-speed, and get 40-45mpg on the highway at 75mph (not the hybrid). Handles exceptionally well, stock exhaust makes a 4 cylinder sound throaty. Good punch with the standard to get you onto those busy highways. EBD, variable wipers, and adjusting power steering are excellent features and make the car's behavior reliable and predictable. I'm thoroughly amazed with the number of features that come with the base model. Comfort is okay, some elements of cheapness are visible, and the sound quality leaves a little to be desired. Otherwise, amazing!"

2007 Altima meets expectations.

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"You still can't beat an Altima for the money. This car is fast and the improvements in the positioning of the engine have virtually eliminated the torque steer present in previous models. My biggest complaint is that the passenger seat isn't power and the manual seat controls feel cheap. Second complaint would be the configuration of the cup holders. They interfere with each other. On the other hand, I didn't buy the car to drink in. Excellent purchase. I would do it again."

I LOVE IT

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I was a die hard honda/toyota buyer. I never wanted to get anything else. My husband talked me in to getting this car and I have no regrets! This car has the best handling of anything I have ever driven. I bought the V6 and love the power, love the CVT, and LOVE the keyless entry/start, it is great if you have kids as there is a ton of room in the car and you do not have the hassle of carrying the kids and fumbling the keys in your hands."

2.5 SL Sedan - Disappointing Reliability

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage, style"

Cons: "The Key FOB sets off alarm by accident. Quality"

"I have owned my Altima since new. Like the driving dynamics, Roomy Interior, and Gas Mileage. Unfortunately, I have had 2 major things go wrong. 1) the A/C compressor went after about 70,000 miles. 2) the CVT transmission went and stranded my daughter at 98,000 miles. Fortunately, Nissan recently doubled the CVT warranty due to so many problems but it still quit way too soon. I guess it was too much to ask for 100K miles of trouble free driving like I've seen with many other vehicles."

This vehicle is an amazing machine.

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of power, leather seats, bose audio, AC"

Cons: "Slots for coins could hold a little more."

"I have been driving this car for a little over a year now, I have no complaints. I am paying above KBB for the car but that was to be expected, my credit wasn't the best. The thing that softens the blow is how amazingly comfortable this car is, as well as how reliable it has been. The features are many and the comforts are just as plentiful, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase."

Love It!

By on Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pros: "Great gas, Fun to Drive, head Turner, looks great"

"This Car is Great, I just got it not to long ago and I must say it is one of the best cars I have ever owned! Gets better gas millage than my old cars, and just looks gorgeous! best car yet"

Classy Car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to cruise in with windows down & music up."

Cons: "just wish the front seats were higher up."

"My husband and I love this car. It drives well in the snow and I feel safe. It feels like a solid car that doesn't shake or jerk around when you are on the interstate and the wind is blowing around. The ride is smooth and enjoyable. We have never had any problems with this car. It's been a good car for us."

Great car. Have never had any issues.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"This car is a great steal. Great on gas. Maintenance is very reasonable. Comfortable ride. Inside is very roomy. Comfortable seats. Overall a great car!"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cool design, comfortable interior"

Cons: "haven't found any yet...just bought car 2 days ago"

"this is my favorite car by far. i had this car as a dealer loaner for 45 days and instantly fell in love. so when the opportunity presented itself to own one i jumped at it. great ride and comfortable"

Drive ability

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "stiffness with maneuverability, noisy"

"The Atima has a nice clean look, leather interior so easy to maintain. Acceleration is very fast which is useful when entering highways. The down side of this car is stiffness with maneuverability especially when driving curves."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looks. Fun to drive."

"This 2007 2.5S is my second Altima and has 138,000 miles. I also own a 2003 2.5S with 210,000 miles. Both were purchased new and both have been relatively trouble free."