2007 Nissan Altima

Based on 1053 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Strong 2.5 Motor, Strong Value

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Very Strong and quiet Engine, Very Fuel Efficient"

Cons: "Wish it was leather for its high class"

"+ Sporty 2.5 Engine + Quieter then its rival competitors on Road and when Idle + Great Gas Millage 28 City / 34.5 HWY (70MPH) + Comfortable and Roomy interior and Large Truck + Larger Fuel Tank then other sedans + Very Quick Acceleration and Option to Switch to Sport manual Shifting + Very Dependable Car + You cant go wrong with Altima/Accord/Camry they are all Japanese built only difference in your preference + This car is like Cash in your pocket, you can sell it anytime you like"

Fun to drive, Super reliable

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

"I have had my Altima 2.5 s for 5 years now and I have never had to do anything but basic maintenance. After 5 years I just now had to change out my original factory battery. The cost of owning this car has been shockingly low. Very comfortable interior and very roomy. I am 6'6 and 350 lbs and I have plenty of room. Fast and fun to drive. I have driven faster cars but for a sedan with great mpg this one is surprisingly fast. Also great handling and turning radius. I am now looking at new cars because I want new features, (bluetooth, back up camera, ext..), but I can honestly say I still love this car!"

9 Years of trouble free ownership...GO NISSAN!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "COMFORTABLE, RELIABLE, SPORTY HANDLING"

Cons: "Cheap interior plastic"

"Mine is a 2003 2.5S...bought it as leftover in 2004. Best car hands down. I own 2011F-150 for towing horses, but this is my fuel saver. I love this car. Extremely reliable. No trouble, never left me stranded, stuck, upset. Great gas mile. Good power from 2.5, handles very well and rides decent. Lots of interior space, and best seats of any midsizer. Interior a little cheap (plastic bits) But overall awesome 9 years of ownership. So reliable that Nissan gave me back money I purchased for extended warranty wen new, never used it. Great job!!"

A step above the competition!

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima Couple brand new off the lot in '08. When shopping for a vehicle, I test drove many comparable vehicles such as the Accord coupe, mazda 6, Acura TL, and the Nissan Altime 4-door. Nothing compared to the Altima Coupe and it has been a great car. I have had absolutely no problems with the vehicle in the first two years. I am in sales, so I have to drive the vehicle for long distances sometimes and never once have I had a problem. I always get 29+ mpg and when I do any sort of highway traveling it is usually around 32 mpg. My wife has an accord and the altima has much more power, is more fun to drive, is more comfortable, and gets better gas mileage. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking in this market. It should be worth an extra 2-3K in all value aspects because of how much better the vehicle is overall when compared to others in it's class."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, April 27, 2007

"The lastest generation of the Altima has improved handling, styling and performance. This car is a major upgrade to the previous generation of the Altima. It is probably the best value in its class and the gas mileage has improved 5 mpg over my 2005 Altima. The interior is vastly improved from last year's model and is a pleasure to drive. The suspension seems more secure and the steering is more response. I really like the keyless start and the CVT. It is a great vehicle and I would recommend to anyone."

An excellent car - good value and mileage.

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Excellent driveability, good mileage, good looking"

Cons: "Could use a smidge more HP for faster acceleration"

"This car holds the road beautifully when driving at speed on freeways over mountains. Comfortable and easy to handle."

Literally saved my life, such a safe car!

By on Monday, February 2, 2015

Pros: "SAFE, comfortable, roomy, good on gas"

Cons: "Can't think of any big ones."

"Okay let me just put this out here, I was OBSESSED with this car when I had it! I owned it for about 2 years. It drove so nice, was comfortable, and looked nice. So good on gas too. I drove all the time and only had to fill up every other week. The stock sound system was great in my opinion especially for only being stock! Everyone was always commenting about how my car "bumps". Well anyways I hit a tree head on the other day, and my car handled it like a champ. If I was in any other car I probably easily could have died, but the safety features on this car were amazing. Since it got wrecked I am now looking for another car, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got another Altima!"

Best vehicle

By on Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pros: "great price, great mileage, smooth to drive"

"This is my second car in Nissan family and love it. I can go to long drive without any issue. I drove continuous 6 hrs to reach Disney land with family. The journey was superb mechanically and comfortably."

great carfor the price

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Great car for the money.Engine very responsive.Heater for drivers legs could use better air flow.Gas mileage is great.average on a trip between 30 and 36 miles per gallon.I definitely would purchase another Atima."

Most reliable car I've owned

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Price, value, included amenities, reliability, CVT"

Cons: "Noisy when accelerating at low speeds."

2007 Altima

"I can't say enough good things about this car. I bought it new in 2007 and have never once been stranded anywhere or had to have any major mechanical repairs done. For the price and included amenities it's hard to beat. The trunk space is by far leaps and bounds above the competition. The suspension is above par and at 68k miles still feels like new. I will definitely be buying another Nissan after this based on my experience with the Altima."

2007 Altima

Nissan Altima is the Best in its Class

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive andvery comfortable on long trips!"

Cons: "Nissan should use blue dash lights like the Civic"

"I drove 10+ cars before I bought my Nissan Altima. I have owned Cads, BMW's, VWs,Toyotas, and more. The Nissan Altima was just as comfortable as the Cad to drive, handled like the BMW was low priced like a Chevy, and was just as reliable as the Honda or Toyota. Plus it had great H/P. THE NISSAN ALSO KEPT ITS RESALE PRICE as good as my old Benz. A truly great car! I'm now looking for new 2014 Altima!"

Very Impressed!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cons: "USB isn't compatible for the XM on smartphone"

"I traded in my 2009 Chevy Silverado and my wife's Lexus to buy this brand new with 2 miles on it. The reason was because I would be commutting for a job 2.5 hours one way, this was 5 hours a day in this car. 6 months later with 32,000 miles on it we ended up moving. After spending all this time in the car I would give thumbs up for the interior, I am 5'11 inches about 220. The setup of the car is great on the inside, more then enough power, and great in the snow. My only complaint is the USB cord doesn't play my SIRIUS/XM from my smartphone. The only thing I had to replace was the tires cause I drove them off of it. To this day I am impressed by this car, this is our second Altima. Highly recommended to buy, in fact I have recommended to friends!"

one $200.00 repair so far @ 38,000 miles...

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "gas milage, lack of repairs"

Cons: "brakes, suspension, interior assembly"

"brakes are average, ride is tight, doesn't cushion bumps well, gas milage better then advertised, quality of workmanship was fair to poor. hope the car gives me 200,000 trouble free miles...my goal. 62,000 miles to date."

Really great family vehicle.

By on Friday, May 4, 2012

Pros: "great price and excellent ride."

Cons: "car tends to be low to the ground"

"I bought this vehicle to replace an aging American car. So, far I love this vehicle. I've gotten better than expected gas mileage especially on the highway. The EPA rates this at 32 mpg for highway. I'm getting 37. And with a 20 gallon fuel tank, this car can go a long ways on a tank. Only complaint is that it tends to be low to the ground. Around here in Utah, with some streets having water channels at the end of driveways, my car ends up scraping a few times if I'm backing out of a steep one. I often have to angle it to avoid scuffing my tailpipes. Other than that, I'm going to drive this one for a while longer until there's incentives on the 2013 redesigned Altima."

Still an awesome car!!! 3.5 SE

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Everything,very fun to drive and sporty looking !"

Cons: "Can't think of one!!"

"Coming up on 30000 miles still drives like the day I bought it,just replaced the Orig tires with a better brand and wow the car went from being on the noisy side to a quiet ride always smooth though I guess the tire brands due make a difference.The gas mileage is still 30 hwy and 25 city which is very good for a V6. I have not one complaint about this car so far I highly recommend it!! Very powerful car!!"

Great vehicle!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great comfort and speed!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I am not a car person at all, however a few years ago I had to downsize due to fuel expense. And this car has not let me down - the power is awesome! It is great for long distance travel - very comfortable. Stereo system is great and love the leather heated seats in the cold weather. And there is great leg room in the rear. I have not had to do anything to this car except put tires and a battery in it!"

Excellent Quality Vehicle overall

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, good looks."

Cons: "OEM tires are ok at best, options can get pricey."

Picking up my new car!

"I traded my 2009 Altima sedan 2.5S (drove 53,000 miles in 18 months) for the 2012 2.5S Special Edition. Driving 120 miles round trip to work puts a huge toll on a vehicle, especially year round in the Northeast (Philladelphia to be exact), the roads are terrible, snow, sleat, freezing rain in the winter and of course... the heat and humidity summer carries with it. This car performed flawlessly all the time, every time. The 2012 Altima is not much different, cosmetically the front has a more aggressive look to it, add a rear wing and the aluminum wheels for the special edition package , and it has a slightly different look. Mechanically the 2.5 liter engine with the cvt operate the same, good power when passing on the highway and pulling hills, and great engine braking when going down a steep hill. The suspention feels a bit more responsive and tighter when driving on winding back roads, and slightly more confident feel on the highway. The steering wheel has great road feedback, however the brakes seem grabby (for lack of a better general term) when first used until you get the (feel for them). The interior has a very good "fit and finish" no squeeks or rattles, even while driving on the high quality roads of Pennsylvania (pothole central). Fuel milage will vary with driving habits, personaly I averaged 23 to 27 mpg city and 26 to 35 mpg on the highway depending on the correspondence email from my divorce attorney that day. The only part of this vehicle I would change is the tires, The original equipment tires (Continentals) make the ride and handling feel sluggish when replaced with a better (performance all season tire). I had my tires replaced (250 miles on the odometer on the 2012 Altima) with General HP Altimax V speed rated tires, it felt like a totally different vehicle. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with this car."

Picking up my new car!

Not that happy

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I thought that I was buying a great reliable car, that would last me the 5years of the loan. Well I was wrong. I think I bought a lemon. Well in one year of having a brand new car, the car died on me twice. The battery and security issue, in which the car wont even turn on. And the rotors already went on the car. And it needs a new exhaust. For a brand new car, this shouldn't happen. I cant say that it is that reliable cause now I cant get to work. I dont think I will ever buy a Nissan again or recommend it to anyone."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have the 07 and must admit- I have received alot of compliments. The car is beautiful to the eye but I have to say I am not completely satisfied. Not much get up and go, the cup holder has a few issues, the gas mileage is not up to par, and I have encountered one recall which was corrected but I have had engine noise since it was corrected. If I had to do it all over again I would have probably invested in another car or invested in the V6 if it were another Nissan."

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."

First car and still love it after 3 years.

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Performance, Quality, Design"

Cons: "No A/C vents for the back for S model."

Mine.

"I bought a silver S at the time and fell in love with the looks, value and price. It looks great inside and out. Standard features are excellent for what you get. Very good acceleration, handling, and technology. Even in the S model, quality materials are built within the car. I feel comfortable, safe, and overall impressed after 3 years of owning it. I have no problems with it all. My only complaint is I wish they added air vents for the back seats somewhere but that's minimal. Beats the Accord and Camry by far."

Mine.

Expanding Visor

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "The cup holders are key sometimes. Perfect."

"It's too bad the newer model has a visor that doesn't expand. I'm holding onto my 2008 forever. It's all about the expanding visor. I use it every morning as I drive to work, with the sun rising in the east."

Great, reliable vehicle

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great value, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "road/wind noise, turn radius, rear passenger room"

"I am a 3 time Nissan Altima owner (2003, 2010, and 2012). I love these cars. They are well built, reliable, and stylish. Good handling and acceleration. They also hold their value well. My only complaints are poor turn radius, fairly loud road/wind noise in the vehicle, minimal rear passenger led room."

Not the best (or the worst)

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great resale value."

Cons: "Handling, head restraints, brake effort."

"Handling of this vehicle is the low point. Steering is quirky, as the vehicle does not only dislike tracking straight on the highway, any lane deviation is quickly exaggerated and will require constant correction. In turns, the car first under-steers, then abruptly reacts as the steering wheel is further turned. The brakes stop the vehicle well - as long as you remember to press lightly, lest your passengers nose dive into the dash. The pedals also seen a bit too close the each other, as my big feet tend to catch the brake pedal edge as I move my foot from the gas. Fit and finish are good and have held up well over the past 2.5 years. No major mechanical problems. Head restrains are too close the the driver's/passenger's head and caused me frequent neck aches unless I found the single recline setting that would balance me "just so". The 2012 model handles the same as my 2011. The 2013 model uses sensors to correct the tracking problem, but though the steering wheel now remains more stationary, you can feel the sensors doing what used to be manually required correction. The brakes are also improved over previous model years, but I would not buy this car again, as there are too many better handling options available."

Love it love it!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"I love this car so much! Great gas mileage, great air conditioning (which is VERY important for living in Arizona!). The stock sound system is way better than compatible models. I've been in a Honda Accord, same year, and the speakers in my Altima are so much better! It handles perfectly."