2007 Nissan Altima

Based on 951 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

this is my second altima-would like to go for 3.

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "good on gas good pickup"

"a good experience-really like the Altima-they drive really good and value is good to trade in and get another one. service has been really good through the years-would recommend this car."

Uncomfortable

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

"Spending hours commuting in this car is extremely uncomfortable. The headrest forces your head to crouch forward. The seat haunches your shoulders forward. Overall, the driver's seat is the opposite of ergonomical. Not a smooth transition when gears shift."

Great on the highway, but a bland car period

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: Lease

Pros: "Quiet, decent fuel mileage, space and interior"

Cons: "CVT transmission and engine refinement"

"I leased my Altima in 2011 new as a leftover 2010 model. I was looking for an inexpensive vehicle to lease and the local Nissan dealer had six cars identical to mine that had sat too long, nearly a year on the lot. It had only the basic S trim level options and no power seat. As such, they were offering a Sign and Drive deal outside the national lease campaign. No money down and well under my budget? Sign me up. The biggest issue with this car for me is the CVT or continuously variable transmission. If you've ever driven a snowmobile, golf cart or ridden a scooter, you're familiar with how it works (mostly). No gears, no shifting, it just changes the ratio as it needs for optimum efficiency and power. On the highway is where this car works best or in the flatlands. At 65mph, the engine is barely above 1700 rpm, low for a four cylinder car. This contributes to quietness and good fuel mileage. I rarely traveled this speed, but even at 80mph, the engine is only about 2200 rpm. Still quiet, but only about 27 mpg average. But if you travel slowly, on cruise and in flat terrain, 30 mpg isn't a stretch. With the giant 20 gallon fuel tank, 500 miles is possible. My best was 500 with two gallons left. This car is quiet though, very little road or wind noise. It's a great highway car as I've stated But in the hills of western PA where I live and especially around town, the CVT gets indecisive and the engine in this car is not smooth or refined above 3000 rpm. It's downright obnoxious above 4500 rpm. I don't abuse my cars, but I do work them to their potential and this car is totally unrefined when the engine is "working hard" The CVT sometimes feels like a giant rubber-band around town. The car that's great on the highway feels sluggish and unrefined in the hills. I drove it a lot in flat Ohio and it's better, but still loses a lot of refinement The interior is comfortable, the seats were decent for my 5'10" short leg/long arms body and my commute of 2+ hours on the highway. The stereo was pretty good for a basic audio system, the A/C and heat are excellent and again, the car is very quiet until the engine has to "work". Handling is good, much like a Honda Accord, but just not as agile or fun. Ride is the same, much smoother and softer than an Accord, but not as bad as a Camry. Lots of room inside and in the trunk. This car, minus the CVT or adding the V6, would be so much better. If you don't demand a lot of the car, it's not bad. I'd buy one of these (with a V6) over a Camry, Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata, but not an Accord. But if you want a bit of fun with your midsize sedan, get this with the V6 or look elsewhere."

Nice ride.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun ride."

"Just has been performing better than my 2011 Toyota Camry.Better cost value than my past three Toyota Camry's. Overall performance as good as my 2003, 2007 Camry. Just an all around pleasure to drive"

Very happy with this automobile...

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Best vehicle I've owned..."

"Bought this vehicle brand new. I'm a 56 year old male. Wife is the main driver of this vehicle. Has been very reliable and fun to drive. Fuel mileage has been respectable sine it is driven a lot both city and highway. For a midsize it gets great MPG. Have had NO problems with this vehicle since brand new. Typical maintenance has keep it running in top notch performance."

See if you qualify for