2007 Nissan Altima

Based on 1036 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

one $200.00 repair so far @ 38,000 miles...

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "gas milage, lack of repairs"

Cons: "brakes, suspension, interior assembly"

"brakes are average, ride is tight, doesn't cushion bumps well, gas milage better then advertised, quality of workmanship was fair to poor. hope the car gives me 200,000 trouble free miles...my goal. 62,000 miles to date."

Really great family vehicle.

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "great price and excellent ride."

Cons: "car tends to be low to the ground"

"I bought this vehicle to replace an aging American car. So, far I love this vehicle. I've gotten better than expected gas mileage especially on the highway. The EPA rates this at 32 mpg for highway. I'm getting 37. And with a 20 gallon fuel tank, this car can go a long ways on a tank. Only complaint is that it tends to be low to the ground. Around here in Utah, with some streets having water channels at the end of driveways, my car ends up scraping a few times if I'm backing out of a steep one. I often have to angle it to avoid scuffing my tailpipes. Other than that, I'm going to drive this one for a while longer until there's incentives on the 2013 redesigned Altima."

Still an awesome car!!! 3.5 SE

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Everything,very fun to drive and sporty looking !"

Cons: "Can't think of one!!"

"Coming up on 30000 miles still drives like the day I bought it,just replaced the Orig tires with a better brand and wow the car went from being on the noisy side to a quiet ride always smooth though I guess the tire brands due make a difference.The gas mileage is still 30 hwy and 25 city which is very good for a V6. I have not one complaint about this car so far I highly recommend it!! Very powerful car!!"

Excellent Quality Vehicle overall

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, good looks."

Cons: "OEM tires are ok at best, options can get pricey."

Picking up my new car!

"I traded my 2009 Altima sedan 2.5S (drove 53,000 miles in 18 months) for the 2012 2.5S Special Edition. Driving 120 miles round trip to work puts a huge toll on a vehicle, especially year round in the Northeast (Philladelphia to be exact), the roads are terrible, snow, sleat, freezing rain in the winter and of course... the heat and humidity summer carries with it. This car performed flawlessly all the time, every time. The 2012 Altima is not much different, cosmetically the front has a more aggressive look to it, add a rear wing and the aluminum wheels for the special edition package , and it has a slightly different look. Mechanically the 2.5 liter engine with the cvt operate the same, good power when passing on the highway and pulling hills, and great engine braking when going down a steep hill. The suspention feels a bit more responsive and tighter when driving on winding back roads, and slightly more confident feel on the highway. The steering wheel has great road feedback, however the brakes seem grabby (for lack of a better general term) when first used until you get the (feel for them). The interior has a very good "fit and finish" no squeeks or rattles, even while driving on the high quality roads of Pennsylvania (pothole central). Fuel milage will vary with driving habits, personaly I averaged 23 to 27 mpg city and 26 to 35 mpg on the highway depending on the correspondence email from my divorce attorney that day. The only part of this vehicle I would change is the tires, The original equipment tires (Continentals) make the ride and handling feel sluggish when replaced with a better (performance all season tire). I had my tires replaced (250 miles on the odometer on the 2012 Altima) with General HP Altimax V speed rated tires, it felt like a totally different vehicle. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with this car."

Picking up my new car!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have the 07 and must admit- I have received alot of compliments. The car is beautiful to the eye but I have to say I am not completely satisfied. Not much get up and go, the cup holder has a few issues, the gas mileage is not up to par, and I have encountered one recall which was corrected but I have had engine noise since it was corrected. If I had to do it all over again I would have probably invested in another car or invested in the V6 if it were another Nissan."

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."

Literally saved my life, such a safe car!

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "SAFE, comfortable, roomy, good on gas"

Cons: "Can't think of any big ones."

"Okay let me just put this out here, I was OBSESSED with this car when I had it! I owned it for about 2 years. It drove so nice, was comfortable, and looked nice. So good on gas too. I drove all the time and only had to fill up every other week. The stock sound system was great in my opinion especially for only being stock! Everyone was always commenting about how my car "bumps". Well anyways I hit a tree head on the other day, and my car handled it like a champ. If I was in any other car I probably easily could have died, but the safety features on this car were amazing. Since it got wrecked I am now looking for another car, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got another Altima!"

Boring.

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable. Very capable transportation."

Cons: "Loosey-goosey handling. No fun to drive."

"My Altima is a very good car. It is roomy and comfortable. It has enough extras that I feel like I'm being pampered. Unfortunately, it just does not measure up to my Honda. I have previously owned two Honda accords. I don't know what possessed me to buy the Nissan. My Hondas have felt tighter and more precise than the Altima."

First car and still love it after 3 years.

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Performance, Quality, Design"

Cons: "No A/C vents for the back for S model."

Mine.

"I bought a silver S at the time and fell in love with the looks, value and price. It looks great inside and out. Standard features are excellent for what you get. Very good acceleration, handling, and technology. Even in the S model, quality materials are built within the car. I feel comfortable, safe, and overall impressed after 3 years of owning it. I have no problems with it all. My only complaint is I wish they added air vents for the back seats somewhere but that's minimal. Beats the Accord and Camry by far."

Mine.

Expanding Visor

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "The cup holders are key sometimes. Perfect."

"It's too bad the newer model has a visor that doesn't expand. I'm holding onto my 2008 forever. It's all about the expanding visor. I use it every morning as I drive to work, with the sun rising in the east."